Celebrate the Day Reviews

Celebrate the Day 1
  • Sonjia

Sonjia · Married on 08/24/2019

Exceeded our expectations

Janice is delightful to work with. My wedding day was flawless. The vendors appreciated her professionalism and hope to work with her again. I can not overstate how helpful Janice and Steve were in making our wedding day as close to stress free as humanly possible. Best decision I made was to acquire her services. I highly recommend Janice her calming can do spirit sets her apart.

Sent on 09/04/2019

Sonjia and John,
    It was such a pleasure to share in your fairy tale wedding. Everything was so beautiful! You, your family, and friends could not have been more gracious.
    We wish you a lifetime of happiness,
    Janice and Steve

Shannan · Married on 06/08/2019

The Best Decision I Could Have Made, Besides Saying I Do!

OMG I could not have asked for anything so amazing! Celebrate the Day took care of every little detail, and things I didn't even think of. Janice is the sweetest person and calmed me when I was stressed :) She helped me come up with ideas, decorated the wedding venue greater than I could ever imagine. She got us through the rehearsal dinner and was most patient during the wedding rehearsaI. We are a bit of a crazy group, and she rounded everyone up and gave everyone perfect instructions on what to do. I had a hiccup with the band 2 weeks before the wedding date and she cleared that all up. Words cannot express how amazing Janice and her husband are. She really is a friend that helps you through the greatest moment of your life.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Shannan and Patrick,
    Thanks so much! Seeing how happy you were and how much fun you had made me realize just how lucky I was to be part of your special day. Thanks again for entrusting me with such a monumental event.
    Janice

Jenna Baron · Married on 05/23/2019

Janice is a wedding coordinator extraordinaire!

My husband and I couldn't say enough good things or come up with quotes to sum her up perfectly when it comes to reviewing Janice of Celebrate the Day. I didn't know a thing about the planning process for a wedding and she was always there to give me ideas, show me examples and direct me to making the best decisions to make the day go smooth, which it did. She communicated with me throughout the planning up to the wedding day, not only with me, but with everyone else involved. She literally did everything and has kits for everything if anything goes wrong! At the very beginning she met with all of the vendors and reached out to the venue and made herself visible to all of the parties. She setup and decorated the venue the day of, coordinated vendor drop offs, ensured the bridal party knew what they were doing (especially the dudes). She knows how to round up the troops and get things done and solve any issues so that the bride and groom have time to enjoy the day and celebrate. She is like a human espresso bean with all of her energy and spunk. She is professional and FUN, the two things any bride and groom should look for in a coordinator.

"She is the Chuck Norris of wedding Coordinators"
    -Geoff and Jenna
    "If Janice Gearty was on the Titanic, it wouldn't have sank and also showed up early in New York"
    -Geoff and Jenna
    "Janice Gearty is the modern day Mary Poppins. Out of her magic bag of tricks, she pulled out the perfect wedding day" -Geoff and Jenna

Thank you Janice for all of your hard work in helping us prepare and doing IT ALL. We are so happy you were there with us! -Jenna and Geoff

Sent on 06/04/2019

Jenna and Geoff,
    I feel so lucky to have been a part of your special day! Your story is one of such love and fun (emphasis on love)! It's hard to express in words how allowing me to be part of this monumental mark on your life timeline makes me feel. Life is good! I wish you happiness always.

Miranda · Married on 08/09/2018

Read this review - your wedding depends on it! Janice is amazing.

I successfully got married to the love of my life on August 9th, 2018.

That is a huge accomplishment, considering all of the things that go into a wedding. There is so much planning, ordering, scheduling, meeting, setting up, stressing, worrying, wondering. This day could have very easily been a disaster. Kevin and I were living four hours away from the venue (we’re in San Francisco and the wedding was in South Lake Tahoe) so getting up there to cake taste, meet the DJ & photographer, see the venue, organize florals, taste the food- all of it- was such a hassle and being that I work a full time job, often got overlooked. My parents live in New Jersey , I didn’t have any Bridesmaids, and my Maid of Honor lives in Boston. Kevin and I were planning this wedding by ourselves on top of our every day lives which was a very hard thing to do.

And then Janice came along. (At first I didn’t have a same day coordinator in my budget, but found a way to make room after hearing literally every other past Bride say that their only regret was not having a same day coordinator- or that their best decision was making the choice to have one). I logged onto Wedding Wire and found Janice. She had raving reviews, knew the area well, was reasonably priced and I loved her bio. Her experience comes from her own daughters wedding. She was exactly what I was looking for.

I hired Janice to be a same day coordinator. I wanted her to help set everything up day of so that my mother, mother-in-law, brothers and friends didn’t have to do it. I wanted the stress to be gone on the day of. Janice went ABOVE and BEYOND. Literally. She was so much more than a same day coordinator- she started working right from the start. Kevin and I drove up to meet her and sign the contract… the next week she took a tour of the venue. A few weeks later she took the initiative to meet with the photographers (because I didn’t have the opportunity to… couldn’t get away from work) and put together the day of timeline (without my asking! She did this by her own initiative!). She met the DJ. She called me with details, helped to keep me on track the months and weeks leading up to the big day and was present for the rehearsal. Janice set up everything perfectly… when I walked downstairs before the wedding, it was exactly as I had pictured. The tents looked amazing… the decorations, embellishments, flowers and picture frames were all in place perfectly. Better than I had imagined. She not only decorated, but helped to put the flowers in their vases and do some of the nitty gritty. I gave her free reign with some decorations and she owned it. It was like a dream and it was such a relief that my Mom and Mother-in-Law didn’t have to do anything and could stay with me while I was getting ready. The weight of not having to worry about the event and not having to worry about the people around me while I was getting ready honestly was worth more to me than anything else there. Janice made sure the DJ arrived and got set up, she greeted the photographers and helped direct them where to go, she met with the events coordinator on site. Janice helped to make sure the first look went off without a hitch. She made sure the ceremony started on time. She made sure to hold on to my dog when I kept getting pulled in a million directions during the cocktail hour and reception. She got him water, sat with him in the corner and gave him attention. She helped clean up when it was all over. She was truly a family member to us that day, and still is in my opinion. What she gave Kevin and I on that day is bigger than any of the gifts we received and she is worth 10x more than she charges (which is a very fair price). If I did it all over again, she would be the first vendor I secure, because she truly makes anything possible.

I tell you now- if you are planning your wedding- you need a same day coordinator. I thought for the majority of this journey that I didn’t, but I did. I hired Janice maybe two months before the wedding took place. Even if you think it’s too late, even if you think you’ve got it covered, even if you think that your family and friends will help you, even if you think that you can be two places at once- it doesn’t matter. You need a same day coordinator. This is the ultimate way to not only make sure the wedding goes smoothly, but the ultimate way to treat yourself, your husband/wife and you friends/family. By hiring Janice, you are giving them the gift of relaxing and getting ready the morning of the wedding instead of running around like crazy and then being exhausted when it comes time to celebrate. You are giving them and yourself peace of mind. There is truly no greater gift.

I got married to the love of my life on August 9th, 2018 and it’s all because of Janice.

Thank you for everything you did, Janice. Thank you for everything you do. You have been adopted into our family eternally and I wish you all of the luck and happiness in the world.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Christine · Married on 07/19/2018

So worth it!!

Janice is honestly the best. She is so organized and so communicative and so easy to get along with. She is super laid back so keeps a brides nerves at bay. She did so much for us leading up to and on our day. She even brought us all of our wedding decorations the day after so we didn’t have to pack up our car during our event. Janice- thank you so much for all your hard work and for helping me get through my day with no stress! You were amazing and your husband was awesome too.

Sent on 02/18/2019

jacquelyn · Married on 02/10/2018

It was a pleasure working with Jan. She is organized and beyond professional. The day was made easier knowing someone was making sure things were on time and running smoothly so that we could enjoy our son’s weddding.

Sent on 03/12/2018
  • Z

zach · Married on 02/10/2018

Best way to ensure perfection on your special day!

We used Celebrate the Day for our wedding last year and were very happy with that decision. She is very organized and ensures that your special day runs smoothly. Do yourself a favor and let Celebrate the Day save you from the various stresses leading up to and on your special day. You absolutely won’t regret the ease and professionalism that she provides.

Sent on 02/26/2019

Brenda · Married on 10/28/2016

It was our family's great pleasure to have Janni Gearty at Celebrate The Day serve as our day of the wedding planner for my daughter's wedding. I can pinpoint so many areas in which Janni anticipated our needs!

First of all, I think she was just as excited as we were for the upcoming event. But she kept us focused, asked pertinent questions, and made suggestions to help us organize and prepare.

Janni picked up the decorations and other items several days before the wedding. The day before the wedding her humor and leadership navigated our big, confusing group through the rehearsal.

On the day of the wedding she transported everything to the wedding/reception site, proceeded to supervise the vendors and deliveries, decorated the site, helped reorganize rooms due to inclement weather (yikes!), and addressed the myriad of details that were so necessary to make this the wedding of my daughter's dreams. Janni's high energy and ability to see the "whole picture" helped create a beautiful setting.

Most importantly, my husband and I were able to focus on our daughter and her needs the day of the wedding, knowing that Janni was calmly handing the very important details of the wedding. She alleviated so much stress and worry, allowing us to have fun and enjoy the celebration more fully than we had anticipated. Thank you, Janni! You're the best!

Brenda and Scott Downs

Sent on 03/15/2018

Susan · Married on 05/07/2016

I hired Celebrate the Day on a recommendation from a friend for my daughter’s wedding. It was one of the best decisions I made. Janni took care of everything from decorating, to picking up the cake, to organizing the food, to the pacing of the reception, to clean up and everything in-between. I am usually a do it yourself kind of person but Celebrate the Day made it possible for me to enjoy the day with very little stress. Janni was exceptionally professional and unobtrusive. She listened to what my daughter and I envisioned and then made it a reality. I highly recommend Celebrate the Day for any special event.

Sent on 03/12/2018