Cedar Lodge of Maple Valley Reviews

Cedar Lodge of Maple Valley 3
Cedar Lodge of Maple Valley 4
Cedar Lodge of Maple Valley 5

Meg Clarkson · Married on 09/14/2019

Here to rave about Dani the day-of coordinator

My daughter's wedding was held at Cedar Lodge on 9-14-19. I read many of the reviews already posted and would simply just be repeating what everyone else has already said, so I'm actually here to rave about the day-off coordinator, Dani (not to be confused with Dana). I give her 5 stars all around as well as the venue. She was efficient, professional, calm (!!!!), warm, friendly, caring, and probably many more adjectives. We had a few miss steps (what wedding doesn't?) and she simply fixed them - these were mistakes by other vendors, not Dani or the Cedar Lodge. My daughter didn't even know they happened. If you decide to book Cedar Lodge for you wedding, be sure to hire Dani as well. I would do it again in a heart beat!

Sent on 09/20/2019

catlin · Married on 07/11/2019

Be prepared to fall in love with this venue. Dana is super nice and answered any questions we had.

Sent on 06/24/2017
  • Mae

Mae · Married on 08/12/2018

Best Venue for my Special Day!

Dana is the owner and was so helpful, and super sweet.
    Everything except food and linen is provided! Tables, Chairs, chalkboards, sound equipment like microphones, hook ups for music, etc... There is also a projector if you want to do a slideshow available and other items that Dana will let you use for your day. There is a warming kitchen where you can prep and heat up food. They have a very spacious fridge to store your items you need for your reception. The back patio was perfect for taking pictures, getting fresh air and more space for guests to mingle when it's not raining, and luckily it wasn't that day! There is a list of recommended vendors for your catering, linen, DJ, photography that Dana has compiled as well that is super helpful. Just go to her website and all is listed there. She really thought of everything that I didn’t have to do very much.

I opted for the Bride and Groom Suite downstairs. The bride room was beautiful and cozy. I was able to get ready there, there is a chase lounge which I wanted to nap on but didn't have a chance! There was an assortment of fragrances on the vanity if you so choose. The groom room was great as my husband and his groomsmen hung out in there. We loved how parking was plentiful. There is also a small kitchen for the wedding party as well so you don’t have to go upstairs, as well as restrooms. There is also a salon station where you can bring your own stuff or have Dani, Dana's daughter do your hair and makeup as well (see her info on the website). In the middle of the downstairs portion is also a conference table if needed.

I would never get married anywhere else. I was extremely impressed with this venue. What really made a difference to me is that all the money paid for the venue goes to the Maple Valley food bank and emergency services. Win, win, win all around!

Sent on 12/31/2018
    Cedar Lodge of Maple Valley 6
    Cedar Lodge of Maple Valley 7
    Cedar Lodge of Maple Valley 8
    Cedar Lodge of Maple Valley 9
    Cedar Lodge of Maple Valley 10

Megan · Married on 10/28/2017

Beautiful venue! Dana is great. Gives you all the info you need as well as more. She left no question unanswered. Price was great location is great. Couldno ask for a better location to fit the personality ofyou wedding.

Sent on 02/22/2017
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 03/18/2017

This is a fantastic venue!! Not only to the proceeds benefit the local food bank but it has everything you could ever need. A whole downstairs outfitted perfectly for an entire wedding party to get ready, a full kitchen, and a ton of decor available for use. We were very happy with our choice to use this venue and our day went off perfectly, without a hitch! Dana is most accommodating and is very organized with everything. She is as involved as you would like her to be and is very knowledgeable in all things wedding!

Sent on 03/21/2017

Sierra · Married on 11/13/2016

This place is amazing to host a special event. I cannot say enough good things about the owner Dana or this establishment. She was very friendly, helpful and responded to my inquiries very quickly. This was the first wedding venue we looked at bit as soon as we stepped into it we already knew it was meant to be. This place is perfect for all sorts of events and different themed weddings. We did a rustic elegance wedding and the day of the person who had all decorations got lost, but thanks to the venues beauty and not needing much decoration, we just used what they had and it was still beautiful! I would give this venue a million stars if I could, this place is perfect!

Sent on 11/17/2016

mayra · Married on 08/13/2016

This venue was ama amazing! It is very affordable. It doesn't need much decorations, because it's already a beautiful place. Dana, the owner is great to work with and very flexable. We had both our ceremony and reception here. It is very spacious and the bridal room downstairs is big and comfortable. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Jamie · Married on 08/07/2016

Dana ghetto coordinator is FABULOUS! She was so helpful and always available to answer questions. She helped make the experience very stress free.
    The venue is absolutely beautiful, especially after you set up and your vision comes to life.
    I loved it. My wedding day was everything I expected and more!!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Megan · Married on 07/09/2016

What a beautiful place! We loved the Cedar Lodge. It is gorgeous inside so minimal decoration is needed to make it your own - it already shines! Dana is a great coordinator who always responded quickly and cheerfully to any questions I had. The best part of all, this is a very reasonably priced venue that is owned by the Maple Valley Food Bank - so your venue fee goes straight to charity.

Sent on 08/03/2016

This was amazing! Bridal suite was perfect to get ready in. I used the venue for the wedding ceremony and reception. Super easy to rearrange tables and chairs between ceremony and reception. Nice big kitchen to prep food to be served. The inside is gorgeous and the pictures were amazing!!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Claire · Married on 07/01/2016

I am so happy with our decision to use Cedar Lodge for our wedding ceremony and reception! After my husband and I toured the venue, it seemed like a no-brainer. It's such a beautiful space.
    You won't find a better value in the greater Seattle area. When you book at Cedar Lodge, you get the space for a 12 hour block, and no two events are ever scheduled on one day. You can bring in any caterer. We loved the fact that we weren't limited to a facility's food and drink service, which can often add thousands on top of rental fees. The venue also comes with tables and chairs, so we've saved money on having to rent those separately.
    Your payment goes directly to the Maple Valley Food Bank. During a time in which we were spending so much, it was great to know that some of our money was actually benefiting others.
    Dana was so accommodating and helpful throughout the whole process. She gave us a wonderful tour and let us come back to the venue multiple times so our caterer and coordinator could get a lay of the land. It was very reassuring to know that Dana was just a text/call away if anything happened to come up.
    I would absolutely recommend Cedar Lodge for any special event!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Mykel · Married on 06/12/2016

We had our wedding here in June 12th and let me tell you, it was absolutely perfect. I had many questions and went to the Cedar Lodge many times and with each visit Dana was so helpful. She answered all my questions and offered advice, even showing me pictures of what brides had done before in regards to set up and photography locations. My husband and I loved the idea of the rental fees going towards the food bank. I highly recommend this venue for any event as it is truly beautiful and has all the amenities you will ever need from bridal suite to a fully stocked kitchen. Look no further!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Carson · Married on 05/29/2016

Cedar Lodge of Maple Valley is absolutely amazing! We love the open bean construction with all the surrounding wood. This venue needs very little decorating because of its natural beauty. It comes with chairs and tables plus many more amenities. Dana was very informative, not to mention very quick on getting back to us with any questions we had. Another added bonus is the rental fees go towards the Maple Valley food bank. Highly recommended for any event!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Monika · Married on 03/24/2016

We came across this wonderful venue by complete chance about the time it first opened its doors.
    We called to schedule a walk thru and were fit in immediately,
    Dana was very personable and informative about how the venue works.
    This venue provides great versatility and needs very little decoration or modification.
    It is wired well to accommodate DJ's, videos, slideshows, and microphones.
    There are many table options and a full kitchen that is available to either catering services or, in our case, friends who are culinarily gifted.
    There is a large set of offices downstairs which have been modified to be used as dressing rooms.
    One of the rooms has been transformed into a bridal suite which holds two beautiful mirrors and a comfy couch to remind yourself that the panic your feeling now will be worth it.
    Dana was more than accommodating. Especially when we had to make our third... then fourth visit there to set up and fine tune the loose ends.
    If you want a venue that is relaxing, flexible and beautifully structured this is the one for you.

Sent on 04/26/2016

Angela · Married on 03/12/2016

Cedar lodge of Maple valley gave my husband and I the most wonderful wedding. We could have not asked for a better venue. They are so great and easy to work with. They also provide lots of materials and equipment. Gave us great communication along the way even after the wedding is finished. The venue itself is beautiful, does not need much extra decoration. My favorite part about the place is the way the sunlight shines through the windows, made it almost like a fairy tale when walking down the aisle. Definitely 5 stars!

Sent on 04/01/2016
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 01/16/2016

We had our wedding at this venue this past weekend and it was perfect. The venue is so beautiful that it required very little decoration. It was also a reasonable price especially for 12 hours. You can add additional hours for reasonable as well. We were able to pay the night before and have the entire place decorated. The barn doors where we had the dance floor and buffet were great. Also as an added bonus the bridal suite is very cute and so spacious. There was more than enough room for 5 of us to get ready.Dana who runs the venue was very helpful and responds very quickly.

Sent on 01/18/2016

Elaine · Married on 12/29/2015

We held our 50th wedding anniversary celebration at Cedar Lodge. The venue was absolutely perfect. It is warm and inviting and there are so many special touches such as a lovely fireplace, a large chalkboard to write a message to your guests, and a large screen and great sound system for a slideshow. Dana was fabulous to work with from the time we booked. She was prompt in returning emails and calls and was just very helpful. A great benefit to renting Cedar Lodge is that you get the venue for the entire day, not just a few hours. The best part is that the proceeds from the rental go to the Maple Valley Food Bank. We were very pleased and highly recommend Cedar Lodge.

Sent on 01/15/2016

Karen · Married on 11/06/2015

We held my in-laws 50th anniversary here and it was such a stunning facility. There is plenty of parking, a wonderful deck, spacious reception area and large well stocked kitchen, to name just a few of the great things Cedar Lodge offers. Dana is an experienced coordinator and is a joy to work with. She excels in service for those of us who need extra help and suggestions for our event and also for those who have a vision in mind already. Her goal is to see you have the most memorable event possible. There is nothing else comparable in price and beauty to this venue, and you give back when you book your event here by helping the Maple Valley Food Bank serve neighbors in need. Don't book anywhere else until you've checked out the best! Cedar Lodge of Maple Valley........

Sent on 01/19/2016

amy · Married on 10/17/2015

Cedar Lodge in Maple Valley provided the perfect backdrop for our perfect day. With Dana providing fabulous leadership, everything is set to go for the bride. My now husband loved the flexibility that the deck provided for the kegs and outside conversation. I loved the inside for its natural elegance. We both loved that the proceeds go to the Maple Valley food bank which serves the surrounding communities. I highly recommend using this venue!!!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Cynthia · Married on 09/24/2015

I could be happier with the choice I made to have my reception at Cedar Lodge of Maple Valley. This place is beyond beautiful I didn't even use much decoration because it was so pretty. My guests thought the same and were shocked when I told them how little we paid for 12 hours at this amazing place. Dana was fabulous to work with always got back to me via email or phone within minutes. Super kind, friendly, flexible very easy to work with.
    There is a park 3 minutes down the road where my husband and I did our first look pictures. Nice field, river, walking path surrounded by trees, a bridge, and graffiti wall.
    My photographer was thrilled to take pictures at the venue as well she thought it was perfect so many beautiful spots for pictures.
    Our dj set up nice in the corner, lights could be dimmed for his disco balls and what not, Dana did provide us with wifi codes and remotes for a retractable screen along with mics and all kinds of other audio goodies.
    Back patio was great for smokers and an open bar.

Absolutely suggest looking into this venue. I would highly recommend to others.

Sent on 09/28/2015

This is such a beautiful space with ample parking. We used it for a memorial service but I'm sure we will be back soon for some weddings. The whole family was blown away by the craftsmanship and attention to detail. Fully equipped kitchen and beautiful artwork.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Kriszane · Married on 09/05/2015

I found this Venue a year before my wedding but decided to continue searching before personally visit the venue. I didn’t find any amazing place than this so I decided to come take a look at this in person and faalaa!! It was the perfect venue! Of course I regret not visiting place sooner. You’ll never find a venue like this in a comfortable price!

Dana was super amazing. She was flexible and helpful. She gave me a list of vendor that she recommended that is around the area. She also added a lot of stuff in the venue. More plants in the back, tin bin for beverage, chandelier for outside (don't forget to use it its amazing at night!) tall table outside and gazebo! She also didn't require us to have a bartender to serve alcohol (which saved us lots of money). But of course you have to get the license, which is only $10.

The venue has a full kitchen, groom suite, microphone and you can also plug in your mp3 or laptop for music. The bridal suite downstairs is absolutely a beautiful addition the venue. It’s great to have this so that the bride is not waiting in the car. Also nice place to keep the bride from the entire guest that want to see her before the ceremony starts. It also has a full kitchen if the bridesmaids want snack or something.

The location of the venue is great too! There’s a park near by you can take pictures before or after the ceremony. There is also a lot of parking space and additional parking space across the street which you don’t even need because of how much parking space you already have. There is also a market where you can run and buy the ice (which you’ll definitely need).

I love love love this venue and I know you will too! I would definitely use this venue again in the future for other occasion.

Sent on 09/26/2015

We had our wedding last weekend and this venue was wonderful! Our wedding was around 100 people and there was plenty of space. The outside deck areas were a great place to set up a bar and some chairs and tables. I was so impressed with how Dana responded promptly to my every question, provided input and thought as to what we were thinking for setup but did not hover or micromanage the planning process for us. You will not find a venue out there like this for this price. We were so happy we chose Cedar Lodge! Our guests loved it too!

Sent on 07/24/2015

Christina · Married on 05/16/2015

I cannot say enough good things about the Cedar Lodge of Maple Valley! I had almost lost hope of finding a venue that was within or budget and that we could rent for the whole day. The first time my husband and I walked into this place to check it out, it took us only a couple of minutes before we decided that this was our spot! We had our reception here and it was beyond perfect. Dana was incredible helping us through the whole process. She was responsive and attentive on every level, whether it was with big issues or minute details. I had to view the venue multiple times before the wedding and she was more than willing to help me out and meet me every time. This venue is perfect whether you want extravagant decorations or very simple event décor. I chose a simpler décor for my event and it turned out perfect. The mix of rustic craftsmanship, the hanging chandeliers, and the fireplace/mantel make it so you hardly need any decorations, (I think almost everyone at my wedding came up to me and said this was one of the best venues they had been to). We were able to set up a canopy on the back deck and that’s where we set up our high cocktail tables (Dana suggested to use a long tablecloth to cover and wrap around the high top tables...do it, they looked amazing). The only thing that I would recommend to people using this venue in Spring/Summer is to open the windows in the morning and start letting air move through and once the party starts to arrive turn the temperature down because if you have 100 people in there it gets warm fairly quickly. Out of everything we loved about this venue the thing I was impressed with the most honestly was the owner Dana. She cares more about making sure you find the perfect spot for your event and will do everything she can to make it stress free and doesn’t charge people a small fortune to use this spot, that’s hard to find these days. I will definitely use this spot again. Thank you so much Dana for everything.

Sent on 08/28/2015

We recently had our Lacrosse auction/fundraiser at this venue and it was amazing!! Everyone was so impressed with how beautiful the lodge it. The staff was so accommodating and helpful through every step. There is more than enough parking, the kitchen is huge, plenty of tables, chairs and a great back patio! Hands down this is my favorite event location and we will back again for next year's auction. Thank you Dana for everything!!

Sent on 05/17/2015