Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation Reviews

Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation 1
Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation 2
Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation 3

Steve · Married on 02/16/2019

The best feeling of having a helping hand

Laura was there for me every step of the way the food was great the place gorgeous and the staff amazingly friendly and helpful. She actually help make my big day as easy as possible the cake was amazing the decoration was beautiful . I really love that places

Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation 4
    Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation 5
    Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation 6

Adriana · Married on 06/16/2018

There are no words to describe the sincere appreciation and gratitude I feel for Jill and her amazing team at Cedar Grove! My wedding this past weekend was straight out of a fairy tale! Jill and her team were so great to work with even though this was a destination wedding for me. The facilities are beautiful and so tastefully and elegantly decorated. My guests can't stop raving about how everything was perfectly planned, how the food was the best they've ever had, and how the bar service and drinks were top notch. Highly recommend this amazing venue!

Shenae · Married on 02/23/2018

Ms. Jill and her staff is amazing!!

Charlotte · Married on 09/02/2017

Where do I begin .. I remember first making appointment with Mrs. Jill in November 2015 to view the venue , which was an AWSOME experience. I wanted something different , something that the Metairie and Kenner area didn't offer and something people would not know about something that was a "Best Kept Secret." This was the place. They saying is never judge a book by its cover,because you never will know what's in the inside .
    The care and attention I receive up until the day of the weddings and during the wedding . We had so many different life obstacles that came about , but Mrs. Jill and her staff were recommending to our needs .
    I mean Kerry and I had drinks waiting for us food at the table at every second . The guest told me they have NEVER been to a wedding where they got full off the food . The young ladies and men who greeted each of our guest as they walked in and the music ,cake, and bar was just another added hit . Every guest asked me where did you find this place , I have never been here . This is exactly what I wanted people to see the beauty of the place and the staff. They were like family once we walked into the door . My family was so expressed by the venue . I can't say enough. You all made my day special . Tears of joy .! I wish I could have done it again. Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation

DeDe · Married on 10/29/2016

We actually didn't see this wedding venue till the day of our wedding, due to living out of state and time restrictions for work. It was everything we could've imagined and more. Our families absolutely loved the grounds and the house, they couldn't believe that the first time they were seeing was the first for us too!!! To this day they still tell us how much they loved our venue, so out of state brides this one is definitely how it looks in the pictures and more. Mrs Jill and her staff are top notch!!!

Jana · Married on 05/21/2016

A beautiful ceremony, along with a fantastic reception. This place blew me away. There will never be enough thanks for everyone that played a part in my wedding. My husband and I loved every moment at Cgt. My words of advice to all future brides, and grooms is that, if you want an affordable, yet elegant, also vintage wedding, this is your place.

Jenna · Married on 03/19/2016

A wedding that I will never forget was held here. The entire grounds were absolutely beautiful, the service outstanding, the little things were carefully planned out, which I liked. LOVED how it was so big, but welcoming. All of our guests had their own place to go, whether it was outside, or in the house. Everyone was stuffed when leaving, and that made me feel good knowing that my money was well spent. Can't wait to be invited back!

• Hannah

Hannah · Married on 11/21/2015

I can't say enough good things about this venue. From the food, to decor, music, wonderful staff, everything was absolutely perfect. Jill was amazing at taking my ideas and turning them into my dream wedding. I didn't have to worry about anything! I could just enjoy my wedding and know that all was going well. The affordable price and New Orleans feel of CGT made it the perfect place to marry my best friend! I would recommend CGT to anyone and everyone!

Taylor · Married on 09/24/2015

A Fabulous place for a wedding! CGT made a lifetime of memories, not only for me, but also my entire family. We we're looking for somewhere where we didn't have to put a ton of work into the place, like decorating, organizing, and controlling every aspect, and we found it. We had a fantastic evening wedding with 225 people, and it was gorgeous. The food was to die for, and everything came together on that night! I want to thank everyone at CGT for making my dreams come true on that night. I don't think we could have found a better place.

-The Rondos

Jill and her staff made sure everything was perfect for our wedding. I couldn't have picked a better venue. The food, environment... EVERYTHING was amazingly perfect.

• User4201065 · 2+ years ago

Our wedding at Cedar Grove was absolutely perfect! The staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy, and to make sure the day went smoothly. The wedding packages they offer take care of so many details, large and small, that I ended up being able to cut my "to do list" in half when we booked with Cedar Grove. Definitely recommend them!

I had my wedding at Cedar Grove in 2015, and I'll never forget those memories. I could have never imagined anything like it. I might be a little bias, but I really felt that my wedding was the best of all of my friends, and some of them spent a lot more money than me! My whole family still sit on the couch and talk about how great the food was, and just everything in general! An amazing place to have a wedding.

Katie · Married on 10/11/2014

Our October wedding at CGTP was phenomenal! I have been working in the wedding venue business for several years and we were completely blown away by the service and atmosphere that Cedar Grove offers! The food and food service was out-of-this-world delicious and kept on coming until all our guests were beyond full. Our family and friends were dancing the entire night with their in-house DJ and their bar was fully stocked with only the premium stuff, so I know the bartenders worked overtime for our guests and they did it with ease! The venue itself is PERFECT! The tables, chairs, centerpieces, and décor are already setup and flows beautifully together, I did not have to add a thing, not even flowers! I highly recommend using their chapel as well. It is also perfectly decorated and the pictures look amazing! Our friends that had recently gotten married at other local venues had asked how we found this place because it didn’t even compare to the places that they had chosen. Jill and Mohammad were there the entire time and coordinated the whole wedding from the beginning to the end. There was no guessing what to do next because they already had everything planned for us. I felt like I could really relax and enjoy myself because they had it all under control, and I DID! Our wedding was perfect in every way and there is nothing I would change. Thank you CGTP for making our night so memorable and we definitely agree when you say “there’s something about this place”!!!

Steven · Married on 04/03/2014

Thank you Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation. You made my family truly happy. My wife and I had an April wedding that was a beautiful sight to see. Tchoupitoulas plantation did all the things we wanted done right. We we're quite complicated when it came to ceremony(huge bridal party), but Jill and her staff just went right along with it. My only complaint would be that the day went entirely too fast. Everything was done incredibly well, and we couldn't have picked a better venue.

Tabitha · Married on 03/09/2014

Great venue! Best place for the price. Service and professionalism were amazing! Super unique location and so beautiful. Highly recommend!

Aubrie · Married on 01/11/2014

Such a beautiful place! Above and beyond my expectations!! Still getting compliments on my speacial night! Jill is awesome, so easy to work with!!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/23/2013

I can not say enough great things about CGT! From the first meeting, I KNEW I HAD to have my wedding here. Jill has set up the plantation so uniquely that you don't need to add much to have a beautiful ceremony or reception. Most places give you a "blank canvas" to work with. That just means you have to pay more money to make the space look halfway decent! CGT is expertly decorated with great colors and exquisite decor. Jill was always quick to respond to any questions I had, as well as keeping setting up meetings. She gave great advice for everything from what favor to get to flowers to food. I always felt like our special day was her special day too. She wasn't going to let anything go wrong if she could prevent it.

In addition to Jill being awesome, on the day of the wedding, Mohammad was there to make sure that I always had a drink in my hand and that everything was taken care of from my mom having food and drink to making sure the presents and cake top got into the correct car.

Every person that I talk to has raved about how much fun they had at the wedding, how much they enjoyed the food, and how this was the best wedding they have been to in a long time. I know that a large part of that is because of the awesome people at CGT!

Perfect, Perfect, Perfect. There really isn't anything to say. We are a very laid-back couple and wanted an all-in-one venue. Cedar Grove was the spot. It was the first location we visited and we were sold. The food was delicious and the decor was gorgeous. Jill made everything so easy. Highly recommended.

Jamie Blue · Married on 09/29/2013

Jill Mercer and her professional staff HAVE to be the very BEST at making a brides' special day one she will never forget. Every detail was handled with absolute precision and remarkable perfection. From planning to execution, nothing could have been more perfect for the bride and groom, our families or our guests. All were treated to royalty, about which they are still raving. The food, service, atmosphere, facilities, staff and all other details were indescribable. I could write pages and pages to describe the perfection which was our daughters ceremony and reception. The only better place for a wedding and reception would be Heaven. Thank you Jill! You went out of your way in EVERY detail!

Aubrey · Married on 06/22/2013

Where to begin? Mrs. Jill and her staff blew us away with their beautiful facility, great value, and amazing service. They worked so hard to make sure everything was perfect. They were so easy to work with, and everything was stress free. Everyone says (6 months later!) that my wedding was the best they've ever been to. They especially loved the food! I highly recommend Cgt!

Jessica · Married on 02/15/2013

Jill, her family and staff at Cedar Grove were a pleasure to work with! Super professional. We had a great time. The venue is gorgeous! Everyone keeps telling us that they loved the venue and the staff was amazing! they made sure my husband, myself and our families were taken care of as if we were their family! We even have a few people saying thats where they are going to get married now since they have been to our wedding!

• bethlyn

bethlyn · Married on 12/08/2012

The best place to get married! Jill and her staff are amazing you will never feel more at home than you do here! I want to get married every weekend! We had the best time of our lives! We can only hope that we get the chance to get back to CGTP soon!

Bethlyn and Jared
    12-8-12

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2011

After looking at several reception centers in Baton Rouge and New Orleans, we settled on Tchoupitoulas Plantation for its blend of comfortable elegance and its wonderful menu. Jill, the owner, was wonderful to work with--her enthusiasm and experienced professionalism made took so much of the stress away from the planning. The food was amazing, the site was gorgeous, and Katie, the in-house DJ, did a phenomenal job with the music. I cannot recommend Tchoupitoulas Plantation enough! My wedding there was perfect!

Jennifer & Cory · Married on 06/26/2010

We were very impressed with Cedar Grove Tch. Plantation. Jill and her staff are very professional. Jill cares 100% for her Brides, Grooms, their families, and guests. Cedar Grove Tch. Plantation is very beautiful and the food is wonderful. Our wedding day was beyond our dreams come true. Jill helped me get out of my bridal slip and helped pin my dress up higher than what it was. Our families felt like royalty and loved that they were catered to. We like to thank Jill and her staff for making our wedding day the best day of our lives. We highly recommend Cedar Grove Tch. Plantation to other Brides and Grooms.