11 Reviews for Cedar Grove Acres

Set Up (1)
Altar/Arches (1)
Audio Equipment (1)
Decor (1)

Paula and her husband are amazing. They genuinely care about what they do for a living and they’re GREAT at it. Not only is the property breathtaking, but Paula and her husband treat you like family throughout the entire process. She gave me ideas for my wedding day and she also gave me advice on things not to do based on passed experience. She made my dream outdoor meadow ceremony come true, even when it was threatened by rain! She made sure she did everything possible to make it happen. It was the best day of our lives and we’re eternally grateful for cedar grove acres!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Bryce, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cedar Grove Acres was a wonderful venue for our daughter's wedding. The meadow was the perfect backdrop for her outdoor ceremony. She loved hearing the cows mooing as she waited to walk down the aisle. The reception area looked so beautiful all lit up at night, but I think her favorite amenity was the fire pit. It was a very popular spot on the chilly November night as guests enjoyed making s'mores. Paula and Richard were very helpful and accommodating in keeping the guests warm when the weather turned colder than expected.

Profile Picture Gwen, 11/12/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had looked at a few other venues in the Raleigh-Durham area, but as soon as we visited Cedar Grove Acres, we knew this was the place for us. The meadow where we got married was beautiful, and the reception area was so cute - we loved the lights strung up inside and outside the barn for the reception, and our guests loved roasting marshmallows over the fire the night of our cold November wedding. Booking Cedar Grove Acres was one of the easiest decisions we made for our wedding, and we're so glad we did!

Profile Picture Amy, 11/12/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking

Cedar Grove Acres was an amazing venue for my daughter’s wedding. A group of us visited Paula and Richard back in January and it was hard to visualize what all the areas would look like come September but it was absolutely beautiful. The ceremony was in the meadow and the reception was in the Hayshack. We were blessed with a beautiful day and night that made the whole event a dream come true for the bride and groom. Paula and Richard are great folks to work with and I am so thankful for their help.

Profile Picture shea, 9/2/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Choosing Cedar Grove Acres for our April 2017 wedding was one of the best decisions we made. It's gorgeous, affordable, adaptable, and the perfect blend of laid back and romantic. There were torrential downpours on our wedding day, so our plans had to change at the last minute. Paula and her team were incredibly accommodating around the bad weather. And in the months leading up to the big day, Paula was always available to answer questions and ease my stress. Give them a call. You won't regret it!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 4/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

The venue is just perfect because it had an outdoor area (which is what I wanted) and a backup chapel that was perfect for a rain plan. There were multiple sites to choose from for our ceremony and Paula went above and beyond to help design the "scene" exactly as I wanted it to be. I couldn't have asked for a more helpful, friendly team on my wedding day- they worked hard to make it perfect! As a note, this venue DOES require a Day Of Planner but I am so glad they did as this aspect made my day a breeze. I highly suggest you take a visit, you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful venue! Naturally beautiful and very country chic!!

Profile Picture lauren, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

In May, our daughter and son-in-law were married at Cedar Grove Acres on a brilliant, sunny, spring day. The Meadow was lush and set with bright white chairs before the tobacco barn pole backdrop, golf cart transportation was at the ready to shuttle guests from the parking area, the Cottage a cool and calm oasis for the bridal party, the Hay Shack tables were decorated for the reception, the Tinkle Tavern was ready for duty, and the Tavern was being stocked with cool beverages. It was a spectacular day! From the attentiveness of all the CGA staff, to the family and friends of the owners who helped clean up after a huge tree limb fell 30 hours before the wedding, which pulled down a majority of the outdoor reception area lighting, Cedar Grove Acres is a professional, class act venue.
As I said, a HUGE tree limb fell on Friday…we arrived to find Paula, Richard, their friends and family cleaning up an equally huge mess with tractors, trucks, and them climbing through the tree branches salvaging the unbroken lightbulbs that they then restrung in time for the reception in order to restore the wonderful night time lighting! And, they were calm and reassuring to us while dealing with this damage to their own property and all that it entailed for them.
Words fall short in expressing how wonderful Paula was to work with over the past few months in preparing for the wedding weekend. My emails were always promptly answered, and if Paula didn’t have an answer to my almost daily questions, she found one for me! I felt like I made a new friend, and didn't just work with a "venue owner"! Paula and Richard have truly found their life’s calling at CGA!

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cedar Grove Acres is beautiful - it was the perfect place for my rustic summer wedding! They have several event spaces so it was easy for guests to spread out and enjoy themselves. Additionally CGA has a lot of props that can be used on your wedding day. Responses were always timely and Paula is always professional!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Emma, 6/9/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Pros :
- Beautiful Venue that is well maintained
- Great setup
- Very private area
- Huge parking area

Cons :
- Bridal Suite is to dark, makes it hard for the make up artist to see clearly (when they are doing the make up).
- Owner is not very flexible/willing to work with the wedding party.
- When we came back the 2nd time, the owner said they won't allow us to have the rehearsal dinner, we were shocked, because we had the paper that is stated rehearsal dinner is included, this is why we took the most expensive package.
They said they don't remember what they have offered us, then they contacted us, due to the owner misplaced the paperwork/contract, they finally allowing us to have rehearsal dinner there.
- Rules is not very consistent.

Profile Picture Irene, 6/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)