Cedar Grove Acres Reviews

13 | Creedmoor, NC

13 Reviews for Cedar Grove Acres

13 Cedar Grove Acres Reviews

Bryce · Married on 05/19/2018

Paula and her husband are amazing. They genuinely care about what they do for a living and they’re GREAT at it. Not only is the property breathtaking, but Paula and her husband treat you like family throughout the entire process. She gave me ideas for my wedding day and she also gave me advice on things not to do based on passed experience. She made my dream outdoor meadow ceremony come true, even when it was threatened by rain! She made sure she did everything possible to make it happen. It was the best day of our lives and we’re eternally grateful for cedar grove acres!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Cedar Grove Acres's reply:

Thanks Bryce! You and your family were a joy to work with during the whole wedding planning process. We're glad that we helped make your wedding dreams come true. The mist in the meadow during your ceremony was a special touch! And the photo of your recession with Dylan's heel touch is perfection!

Gwen · Married on 11/12/2017

Cedar Grove Acres was a wonderful venue for our daughter's wedding. The meadow was the perfect backdrop for her outdoor ceremony. She loved hearing the cows mooing as she waited to walk down the aisle. The reception area looked so beautiful all lit up at night, but I think her favorite amenity was the fire pit. It was a very popular spot on the chilly November night as guests enjoyed making s'mores. Paula and Richard were very helpful and accommodating in keeping the guests warm when the weather turned colder than expected.

Amy · Married on 11/12/2017

We had looked at a few other venues in the Raleigh-Durham area, but as soon as we visited Cedar Grove Acres, we knew this was the place for us. The meadow where we got married was beautiful, and the reception area was so cute - we loved the lights strung up inside and outside the barn for the reception, and our guests loved roasting marshmallows over the fire the night of our cold November wedding. Booking Cedar Grove Acres was one of the easiest decisions we made for our wedding, and we're so glad we did!

shea · Married on 09/02/2017

Cedar Grove Acres was an amazing venue for my daughter’s wedding. A group of us visited Paula and Richard back in January and it was hard to visualize what all the areas would look like come September but it was absolutely beautiful. The ceremony was in the meadow and the reception was in the Hayshack. We were blessed with a beautiful day and night that made the whole event a dream come true for the bride and groom. Paula and Richard are great folks to work with and I am so thankful for their help.

Chelsea · Married on 04/22/2017

Choosing Cedar Grove Acres for our April 2017 wedding was one of the best decisions we made. It's gorgeous, affordable, adaptable, and the perfect blend of laid back and romantic. There were torrential downpours on our wedding day, so our plans had to change at the last minute. Paula and her team were incredibly accommodating around the bad weather. And in the months leading up to the big day, Paula was always available to answer questions and ease my stress. Give them a call. You won't regret it!

Erin · Married on 10/02/2016

The venue is just perfect because it had an outdoor area (which is what I wanted) and a backup chapel that was perfect for a rain plan. There were multiple sites to choose from for our ceremony and Paula went above and beyond to help design the "scene" exactly as I wanted it to be. I couldn't have asked for a more helpful, friendly team on my wedding day- they worked hard to make it perfect! As a note, this venue DOES require a Day Of Planner but I am so glad they did as this aspect made my day a breeze. I highly suggest you take a visit, you won't be disappointed!

lauren · Married on 08/27/2016

Wonderful venue! Naturally beautiful and very country chic!!

Michelle · Married on 05/28/2016

In May, our daughter and son-in-law were married at Cedar Grove Acres on a brilliant, sunny, spring day. The Meadow was lush and set with bright white chairs before the tobacco barn pole backdrop, golf cart transportation was at the ready to shuttle guests from the parking area, the Cottage a cool and calm oasis for the bridal party, the Hay Shack tables were decorated for the reception, the Tinkle Tavern was ready for duty, and the Tavern was being stocked with cool beverages. It was a spectacular day! From the attentiveness of all the CGA staff, to the family and friends of the owners who helped clean up after a huge tree limb fell 30 hours before the wedding, which pulled down a majority of the outdoor reception area lighting, Cedar Grove Acres is a professional, class act venue.
    As I said, a HUGE tree limb fell on Friday…we arrived to find Paula, Richard, their friends and family cleaning up an equally huge mess with tractors, trucks, and them climbing through the tree branches salvaging the unbroken lightbulbs that they then restrung in time for the reception in order to restore the wonderful night time lighting! And, they were calm and reassuring to us while dealing with this damage to their own property and all that it entailed for them.
    Words fall short in expressing how wonderful Paula was to work with over the past few months in preparing for the wedding weekend. My emails were always promptly answered, and if Paula didn’t have an answer to my almost daily questions, she found one for me! I felt like I made a new friend, and didn't just work with a "venue owner"! Paula and Richard have truly found their life’s calling at CGA!

Daniel · Married on 09/23/2018

Cedar grove acres was an amazing property! We had to move our wedding last minute because of a hurricane and Paula was extremely accommodating and helpful for us to make it happen last minute. Their property is magnificent, and we had a perfect wedding there. There is a great flow from the outdoor ceremony area to the covered reception area. Paula and Richard were super helpful in giving us advice on what previous wedding parties have done for the day of which made our last minute venue change way better than what we could have imagined!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Cedar Grove Acres's reply:

Hi Dan and Toi, We're so glad that we were able to help you have the wedding of your dreams. Your tablescapes of growlers and vintage china looked beautiful in our rustic venue with the added touch of greenery that you pruned from our property the morning of your wedding. I can't wait to see all the professional photos including the ones where the bridal party gathered around our tractor. You guys were a joy to host!

Emma · Married on 06/09/2018

Cedar Grove Acres is beautiful - it was the perfect place for my rustic summer wedding! They have several event spaces so it was easy for guests to spread out and enjoy themselves. Additionally CGA has a lot of props that can be used on your wedding day. Responses were always timely and Paula is always professional!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Cedar Grove Acres's reply:

Hi Emma, Thanks for your kind words about our venue. We enjoyed working with you and James to make all your wedding dreams come true.

Jennifer · Married on 04/14/2018

My husband and I originally planned on holding our ceremony at my sister's house until we found out the high cost of rentals. Paula replied to my Facebook search within minutes. My husband and I immediately fell in love with Cedar Grove Acres. The venue offered the romantic and authentic farm feel we were searching for at a very reasonable price. Paula and her husband Richard were instrumental in creating what turned out to be a fairytale wedding. They also stepped up in an amazing way to save the day when our rehearsal caterer failed to show up. Through the course of the wedding events, Paula and Richard have become like family. Highly recommend Cedar Grove Acres as the setting for a dream wedding. Words cannot express our true gratitude. Thanks a million!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Cedar Grove Acres's reply:

It was our pleasure to be a part of your day and to help your wedding day dreams come true. We really enjoyed getting to know your bridal party on Friday evening. Your exquisite flowers and decorations really added a touch of elegance to our charming, rustic barns. Keep in touch and come and visit your calf, JJ, whenever you’d like.
  • I

Irene · Married on 06/03/2017

3.0

Pros :
    - Beautiful Venue that is well maintained
    - Great setup
    - Very private area
    - Huge parking area

Cons :
    - Bridal Suite is to dark, makes it hard for the make up artist to see clearly (when they are doing the make up).
    - Owner is not very flexible/willing to work with the wedding party.
    - When we came back the 2nd time, the owner said they won't allow us to have the rehearsal dinner, we were shocked, because we had the paper that is stated rehearsal dinner is included, this is why we took the most expensive package.
    They said they don't remember what they have offered us, then they contacted us, due to the owner misplaced the paperwork/contract, they finally allowing us to have rehearsal dinner there.
    - Rules is not very consistent.