77 Reviews for Events at Cedar Bend

Drapery (3)
Indoor (2)
Outside Alcohol (2)
Tent Accessories (2)

My wedding could not have been more perfect and it was all thinks to Jillian and her staff! Seriously, everything went off without a hitch and there was not one thing I would have changed. From the arrangement conference to the sparkler send-off, Jillian's professionalism and organization was obvious. You could tell the staff enjoyed their jobs and were having fun while doing it. I didn't have to worry about a thing-everything was done for us so I was able to enjoy my special day with my loved ones and didn't worry about a thing. Since this was a destination wedding for us having the all-inclusive options was very helpful. The BBQ was delicious and the Groom's cake might have been the best cake I've ever had. The rustic theme and decorations went perfectly with our theme. Look no farther. This is where you should have your wedding!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kimberly, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We really did have the best day ever! We absolutely loved the venue and getting to work with Jillian. She helped our vision exceed our own expectations. My guests had a really fun time and managed to stay warm throughout the frigid night (thanks to Jillian for getting out blankets!) I would highly recommend this venue:)

Profile Picture Casey, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This is a dream venue! The prices are below market and service beyond any expectations.Everything is all in one place and looks exactly how you would design it if you had millions of hours to pick every single aspect of the venue, ceremony, and reception yourself. They offer as much customization as you'd like but their package was exactly what we needed and hoped for. Would do it again in a heartbeat and wouldn't change a thing!

Profile Picture Barbara, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Beautiful venue and an amazing flexibility for the unexpected!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Jillian and the Cedar Bend staff were absolutely amazing. They made my wedding everything I dreamt of and more. Jillian offering her services as day of coordinator is completely worth it. She was completely on top of everything leading up to the wedding and day of she constantly checked on me (the bride) to make sure everything was what i wanted. She took care of my vendors, her amazing husband made a great bar tender who took great care of my guests and her staff made everything flawless. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Profile Picture Devin, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Absolutely loved this venue! It's everything I wanted between the barn style, rustic feel, and spacious outdoor area. Jillian is wonderful to work with & very understanding! I highly recommend booking with Cedar Bend Events.

Profile Picture Gina, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Everything was great. I fell in love with this venue as soon as I walked out of my car. They are all so helpful and have provided me with the tools needed to make out wedding even more special and beautiful.

Profile Picture Anabel, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Outside Cake, Bartender(s), Barware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

Our wedding was fantastic! We just had it on June 24th, 2016. It went by so fast, but the venue owner, Jillian, was amazing! I chose Cedar Bend Events because we were planning our wedding from out of state and I wanted to make it as easy as possible! I didn't want to worry about lugging around decorations and such and the venue provided almost everything! The ceremony and reception area on site, flowers were done by her on site florist (and were breathtaking!), props and decorations to match our theme of rustic/outdoors with navy blue and blush, a close relationship with "the best little cake shop" , and her original package also includes food! So all I had to do was get photography and DJ services. We also did change the food vendor. All in all, the the night was perfect, and more than we could ask for! Jillian was great about getting us where we needed to be, and keeping us on track, but still letting us enjoy the night too! I think our friends and family had a wonderful time, and we heard so many good things from them about the venue and our vendors.

Profile Picture Gillian, 6/24/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Outside Cake, Barware, Glassware, Linens, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Tables, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Parking

This was my first experience in dealing with a wedding. My daughter was getting married and I had no idea how overwhelming it all can be. Jillian and her staff were beyond fantastic. Throughout the day of the ceremony and the reception, I never one time had to go to them and ask what, where or why. Everything was handled with transparency. My daughters wedding was to be outside and then the rain came. You would think this could be a total melt down moment. Never happened. Everything was redirected and went off without a hitch and honestly even forgot it was raining. I highly recommend Cedar Bend and most of all Jillian for her professionalism and the overall fantastic job of coordinating and keeping everything calm under pressure. Not enough ways to say "Thank You!!!"

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Gary, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had my wedding at Cedar Bend Events in March 2016. It was my dream wedding, plus way more than I could of ever imagined. Jillian planned everything perfectly, alll the way down to the last detail. All of the staff were polite and professional. The flowers where absolutely stunning. Everyone that attended my wedding complemented the venue and the staff. They are very passionate about what they do and it shows. I was completely satisfied beyond words. Thank you to all who made my special day a dream come true.

Profile Picture Renee, 3/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

You know how rustic barn weddings are so popular now? Well in the Greater Austin Area, most barn weddings take place in Dripping Springs and they are pricey! I was SO excited when I found a barn venue in the Bastrop area where I am from and away from all of the popular and chaotic wedding places in DS! First of all Jillian, the event manager, is a doll and she is so peaceful. My fiance and I have a very, very small budget, so when we met with Jillian we were embarrassed to ask if she had anything that could fit our modest budget. She was not offended in any way and peacefully (and quickly) started typing out a quote for us. She gave us so many tips to help have our dream wedding on a small budget, and created an amazing package deal for our wedding. She also referred us to affordable partner vendors. Jillian is so down to earth, which is unusual in the wedding business; she really cares about the couple behind the wedding. Other pros: quick email communication (replies the day of) and the grounds are open for tours during the week. Another cool thing they are doing right now is trying to raise money for their brother's bone marrow transplant, so if you donate $50 to their GoFundMe they will take off $100 from your rental rate. A great way to raise money for their family! We cannot wait to have our dream wedding here and are so happy that we can keep it local and support Bastrop business!

Profile Picture User5350097, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cedar Bend is a wonderful place! We were looking for a venue that was beautiful and welcoming and we could not be happier with our choice. Our guests all felt at home. I love the rustic wall and the covered patio (which we used for dining). We rented on of Cedar Bend's tent for our dance floor and it was perfect! Cedar Bend has a great stock of rentals and Jillian makes everything very easy. Having her help made our wedding a great success. She has so much experience and knowledge and give great advice while always respecting the couple's individual vision and goals. Her pricing is clear and very reasonable, the venue is an incredible value. We also hired her as our Day of Coordinator and she did an amazing job making sure everything ran smoothly. We able to fully focus on our ceremony, reception and celebration! We loved our time at Cedar Bend and can't recommend it highly enough.

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Decor, Tables, Tents, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, Linens, Parking, Bartender(s)

I cannot say enough good things about Cedar Bend and Jillian and Chris who own/run it. When I got engaged I was living in NYC, but I knew what I wanted: an outdoor, simple, rustic, fun, backyard wedding. Since I was planning this all from 1500 miles away, I searched for my venues online. The first place I ran across was Ceder Bend, and I fell in love as soon as I saw a picture of that gorgeous driftwood wall on the website. I couldn't shake it and after "seeing it in person" (my mom went to look for me, God bless her) I knew it was the place.

From Day 1, Jillian was an absolute pro and made everything as easy as possible, especially for a long distance bride like myself. She walked me through everything, answered all of my never ending questions, and gave me great advice on several occasions. She is very busy, but she somehow managed to answer all of my emails and when we got closer to the date, texts. To sum it up - Jillian took my vision, and made it a reality. Not only is the site beautiful, but all of her special touches (tables, antiques, lights, signage, mason jars, etc) create such a special ambiance. Additionally, besides what is already there, she makes it very easy to bring in some of your own touches and decor. And the best part: the price. My husband I were paying for this wedding ourselves, so we had a very modest budget. I know there is no way we could have had such a beautiful wedding for such a low price anywhere else. I bought the Texas Sunset Package and that made my life so easy. It includes almost everything!! Cake, linens, tables, mason jars, non-alcoholic beverages, BBQ, floral and all set-up, break down! Jillian is also the day of coordinator, and again, she is a pro. Everything went smoothly and just how I imagined. No gotchas. No unexpected fees. And besides all this, they are such nice people who truly want you to have a wonderful wedding. It was absolutely perfect.

Profile Picture Natalie, 10/11/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Buffet, Outside Cake, Bartender(s), Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Linens, Parking

Jillian was absolutely amazing! The months before our wedding we had bad floods in central Texas but she was always on top of everything! I changed our date quite a bit and she was always flexible with the dates and never seem aggravated with me! The place was beautiful and a great venue. Not to mention it rained the day of our wedding and she still made it go off without a hitch. I love cedar bend!

Profile Picture Jilliam, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), Buffet, Centerpieces, Decor, Tables, Tents, Bridal Suite, Set Up

My husband and I got married here July 17th, 2015 and it was everything we could have ever dreamt of! Jill was so awesome and helpful throughout the whole wedding process. A mid-July Texas wedding comes with pretty hot weather and Jill made sure that everyone was comfortable and cool. Right after the ceremony, she greeted us with cold drinks and wet washcloths to cool down. I have got so many compliments from guests on how gorgeous and fun everything was. The rustic barnwood wall where our ceremony took place gave a unique twist to an outdoor wedding. During our cocktail hour and reception, they have yard games, like washers and hula-hoop, for the guests to play. I loved that! The price is really reasonable and they're pretty flexible with scheduling, decorations, etc. Jeanette, the Florist, is oh so good and really knows her stuff. Both, her and Jill have an eye for beauty and make an amazing team. Everything turned out soo stunning! I really felt like I was in a dream how perfect and gorgeous everything turned out. Hands down could not ask for a better venue! Thank you Jill, Jeanette and the CB staff for making our day that more special!!

Profile Picture TYLAR, 7/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Favors & Gifts, Flowers
Services Used: Parking, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Outside Cake

Jillian was helpful and accommodating during all aspects of our daughter's wedding. She was available whenever we needed to ask questions and advice. The venue was perfect for what our daughter and her fiancé had envisioned. It was casual and comfortable for all that attended.

Profile Picture Debra, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Glassware, Linens

My husband and I were married at Cedar Bend Events on April 25, 2015. The sky smiled down on us and allowed the sunniest day in the midst of a very rainy week. Cedar Bend Events offers a great location, packages and items. Jillian was my day of coordinator and I could not have asked for a more perfect person for the job. She answered any questions I had throughout the process, she was extremely accommodating, and definitely calmed many of my fears or anxiety before the big day. Chris, Jillian's husband, was our bartender and he was a hit with the guests. We fell in love not only with the venue because it fit our personalities perfectly and the rustic outdoor backyard wedding we wanted, but we fell in love with Jillian and Chris. Upon first meeting, it felt like we had known them forever and we were very comfortable with them. It only seemed fitting that we chose them and their venue to be a part of our special day. They will forever be a part of our memories because without them, I have no idea how our day would have turned out. We cannot say thank you enough for everything you both did, we absolutely loved and appreciated everything. I would definitely recommend Cedar Bend Events!

Profile Picture Priscilla, 4/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I wish I could give this venue a 10 star rating because that is the only way to capture how amazing Jillian and the staff at Cedar Bends were! From the first time my husband and I walked into the venue to after the wedding, it was an absolute joy to work with them. Jillian was flexible and accommodating with all my stupid questions and any changes that I needed. When I needed my Day of Coordinator to come and look at the space (no rehearsal could be done since there was a wedding the night prior to our wedding), Jillian took time out of her day to find a day that we could do it and met us there on a Sunday to go over the details. She helped coordinate with our food vendor even though she wasn't our DOC. In addition, we hired her staff to serve the cake and help with clean up and we also hired the venue for coffee/tea/water/alcohol set-up. All of it was great and everyone highly complimented how great the staff and drinks were!

Not the least important, the venue is gorgeous. The scenery, with all the trees and rustic appeal, was amazing for our wedding. Everyone complimented how beautiful this location was. To any bride - you couldn't do better than this venue. From the staff to the scenery, everything is fantastic and great. It made our wedding so much more special and easy going!

Profile Picture Sandra, 3/28/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cedar Bend is wonderful! I am so happy I was able to book this venue for my wedding! Jillian the owner and wedding coordinator was fantastic. She handled all of the decor, flowers, catering, and set up/break down. She also let my bridal party come to the venue early. She made sure my wedding went off without a hitch! My wedding was perfect! Guests loved the venue and made several comments throughout the night. My family was very impressed with Jillian and her husband. So much so that my sister is also thinking of using Cedar Bend.

Profile Picture Amber, 3/22/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am so glad we had our wedding here. Everything was beautiful without being ridiculously expensive, like I was finding at other venues. Jillian was fantastic- she made the whole process easy, and went out of her way to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. It may not be the fanciest place (which is one of the reasons we picked it!), but if you're looking for a venue that is reasonably priced but still amazing, I highly recommend Cedar Bend.

Profile Picture Jenifer, 3/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oh my gosh. Words can not even describe how perfect this venue was for our wedding day. It is just so stunning...you don't need to really add anything because it is already so naturally beautiful. It has a very elegant rustic and shabby chic sort of vibe. Everyone who attended said it was the nicest venue they had ever been to. My husband and I were on a super tight budget for our wedding and Cedar Bend Events gave us the most bang for our buck...seriously we could not have found any place that included SO much for a better price (tables, linens, nice chairs, wedding signs, mason jars to drink out of, and MORE)... You can even rent stuff from the owner, Jillian, like furniture or special decor to suit your needs. Speaking of Jillian, she was just AMAZING. We truly felt that she cared about making our wedding day special, she had alot of good tips and insight to make our wedding planning smooth and seamless.

So, from one bride to another...this place is:

-Ideal for smaller weddings. We had about 80 people and it was perfect.

-It is completely outdoors (we got lucky, no rain and 68 degrees in December!)

-There is a seperate fee for the bartenders ($250)...but they were worth every penny. Two awesome girls who were just so sweet and kept drinks full :) We really liked that we could provide our own alcohol. It was much cheaper for us that way.

-Jillian will allow you to set up the day before your wedding as long as there isn't another event the day before....that was a life saver because we had alot of DIY stuff.

-It has the most gorgeous ceremony site (several actually) but my favorite was the wooden rustic wall, with several different ways to use it...it came out so beautiful in our pictures...and that was just with cell phones! I am still waiting on our professional photos :)

So, if I could do it all over again....I wouldn't change a thing...this was the perfect place for us.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 12/22/14, 2 Reviews

Hi Future Bride or Groom,

My husband and I just got married at Cedar Bend on November 15th, 2014 and all of our guests were so impressed with the venue and all it's beauty. My husband grew up in a small country town (Lockhart) and I have always considered myself a country girl in a big city. (Austin) We both knew that we wanted to get married at a rustic country venue. After, looking at every venue's page on the theknot.com & wedding wire.com, I came across Cedar Bend. I fell in love with the rustic wall prop and the fact that Jillian is a very experienced and true expert of all things wedding. I loved that they are affordable and they do a lot of services in house so I wouldn't have to deal with a lot of different vendors for every little detail. I loved that I was free to pick all of my vendors and that I was given the flexibility to DIY our food, appetizer bar, bar, hot cocoa station, etc. This is what sometimes can make having a wedding so expensive when venues limit what you can do and who you can do business with. Jillian is so lenient and understanding, she truly wants to help you stay within your budget and also make your wedding a truly once in a lifetime experience.

If one of your concerns is that it's an outdoor venue and that you wouldn't want to be exposed or worry about all of nature's elements. Let me tell you, the polar vortex of course came the week of our wedding and it misted the whole time but Jillian helped me plan for this and all of our guests (and of course us) were super comfortable and still had so much fun!

I wouldn't have changed a thing about my wedding, and I was so lucky and appreciative to have Jillian along with us on the journey!

Do yourself a favor and visit Cedar Bend! It's a hidden jewel! :)

Also, Cedar Bend Floral (which is Jillian's Mother-In Law) is absolutely amazing! She made our vision come to life! I am so grateful of all the work she did, she goes above and BEYOND! Love her! :)

Profile Picture Megan, 11/15/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is a beautiful, rustic setting. The trees are gorgeous and the lawn is very well kept and green. There is plenty of room for all the guests and lots of yard for kids to run around and play. Jillian is very knowledgeable and was able to make new boutineers because a few of ours had brown edges. She kept everything running smoothly and we had absolutely no problems. I would highly recommend Cedar Bend.

Profile Picture Wendi, 10/24/14, 1 Review