Catherine's Distinctive Floral Designs Reviews

70 | Virginia Beach, VA

70 Reviews for Catherine's Distinctive Floral Designs

Teresa · Married on 10/08/2010

Catherine at Distinctive Floral Designs was a delight to work with. Her prices were unbelievably reasonable and her service was top of the line. I could not have asked for a better experience. She offered her suggestions but was open to everything that we suggested. We even changed our minds completely regarding our table center pieces from our initial visit. She had no problem with the changes what so ever. The flowers were extremely fresh and the designs were awesome. Very easy to work with. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning an event. She was reccomended to me by a friend who had the exact same experience with her wedding. I'm sure you will be as thrilled as I was.

Sent on 10/22/2010

Katie · Married on 08/07/2010

I had to plan my wedding from out of town (I lived in NC and was getting married in VA), and Catherine was amazing with her flexibility to meet with me and answering any of my questions. Her work was absolutely gorgeous! Everything about my wedding was wonderful and well put together. I would definatly recommend her to any bride in the area!

Sent on 09/22/2010

Becca · Married on 05/01/2010

So there is not enough space in this box to talk about how much I LOVED LOVED LOVED working with Catherine!!!!!!!!!!! I told her at our final meeting before the wedding that she was my favorite vendor and I really meant it. She was so incredibly thorough, knowledgable, and overall I just knew that she wanted to make our vision a reality. She asked a lot of questions and had a lot of great creative suggestions. We came in right about where we were budgeted for flowers so I was happy about that, too. I was just blown away about how much she knew about flowers and how well they would hold up at the reception or in a bouquet. When you go with Catherine, you really are getting a very experienced, caring, professional, and again I say thorough floral designer!!!!! I loved working with her!!! :-)

Sent on 05/17/2010
  • KatLee143

Katherine Lee · Married on 11/07/2009

I can't say enough good things about Catherine! When I met with her, I didn't really know what I wanted... but I knew what I didn't want! She watched patiently as I looked through magazines and told her why I liked or didn't like certain pictures. After she had a grasp on what I wanted for centerpieces and bouquets, it was time to be "fitted". Wow! Fitted? Who knew a brides bouquet could be too big? But she was so right!
    Last minute, we decided we needed to do something with the children's flower baskets. Catherine was available and willing to spice them up with some beautiful greenery and grass to compliment my "Autumn Harvest" theme.
    My centerpieces, bouquets, and boutonniere's were flawless! My aunt mentioned there was not a single centerpiece that appeared less beautiful than another!
    Due to circumstances, I was only able to meet with Catherine one time, but once was enough. My wedding decor was amazing and reasonably priced!! (I am so thankful I did not try to do my own centerpieces as originally planned...)

Sent on 01/21/2010

Angela · Married on 10/10/2009

Our florist was referred to us by our wedding planner and we were very pleased. She has a way with seeing the same vision you do. After she sits with us for a few moments and understand us and what we wanted (likes and dislikes), we could tell that she had the same vision we did. She has a very good talent and when we saw our flowers on the wedding day it couldn't have been better. It was even better than what we had dreamed of having on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/28/2009

Amanda · Married on 10/03/2009

Catherine was great! Coming into the process, I had no idea what I wanted, let alone what types of flowers were what. Catherine really helped me with the process, by going through and looking at the types of things that I liked. On my wedding day, I could not have asked for a better turnout. The tables, decorations, and bouquets were beautiful. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/21/2009

Janel · Married on 09/27/2008

Catherine was SO helpful during the whole process. I did not exactly know what i wanted when we first started but by the end she created something that was so idealy me and my vision that i got excited every time i would go in for consults. she was very meticulous and her sense of style is wonderful!!! I would recommend her for ANY event!

Sent on 10/13/2008
  • pitiya

Pitiya · Married on 05/24/2008

For our consultation, Catherine sacrificed three hours drawing up sketches of the centerpieces, bouquets, and boutonnieres we had envisioned. This was before we even committed to her services! A few weeks later, she presented us with a demo of the centerpieces she had sketched. We were lucky enough to see another couple's centerpieces (for a later demo), and I was immediately impressed by Catherine's versatility. Our centerpieces were sleek and modern; theirs were classic and elegant. I am confident that Catherine will be able to cater to every whim! Now, we just need to look for another excuse to work with Catherine again!

Sent on 07/10/2008

Megan · Married on 11/10/2007

Catherine was perfect for our wedding florist. We couldn't have asked for more beautiful flowers and for such a reasonalble price. She was a pleasure to work with and took our wedding decoration personally. It added such a wonderful touch to our ceremony and reception.

Sent on 01/19/2008

Kimmie · Married on 08/24/2002

I am currently the wedding coordinator for a girl I have watched grow into a wonderful young woman. For her wedding, I want the absolute BEST...and Catherine is it! Catherine is professional and kind and really listens to what you want. I didn't hesitate to go to her, because she did my flowers eight-and-a-half years ago. I couldn't have been more pleased with her work. I remember walking into the dressing area and seeing the bouquets for the first time. They were so beautiful, they nearly took my breath away. Thank you, Catherine, for making my day so beautiful. I know you will make my little bride's that way also!

Sent on 01/07/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/03/2014

Catherine is such a kind woman! She worked with my budget and managed to provide me with the most gorgeous bouquet and centerpieces at a reasonable price. Originally I planned on doing my own flowers, but Catherine took my vision and ran with it. Everyone was impressed with the flowers, and I couldn't be happier with my choice. I highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced professional!

Sent on 05/04/2014

Catherine was great to work with, all the flowers were beautiful and she was able to help us stay within our budget. We received so many compliments on her work!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Rebecca · Married on 09/14/2013

Catherine's Distinctive Floral Designs made my wedding day so much more beautiful then I could ever imagine! The service was so professional and personable I would recommend them to everyone. The prices were very reasonable but worth very cent. Thank you for making my special day so beautiful.

-Rebecca (September bride)

Sent on 10/13/2013

Martha · Married on 08/14/2011

The flowers and arrangements were sumptuous!

Sent on 09/22/2012

ashley · Married on 04/02/2011

catherine was amazing. She cares about her work and the quality of her product. She was the only vendor who took the time to talk with me and figure out what i would like and she delivered an amazing presentation!!! Great value and wonderful staff. Would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 04/12/2011
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 10/09/2010

Catherine literally "saved the day" at my daughter's wedding last fall. The groom had planned to wear his Army uniform and therefore wouldn't need a boutonniere. After a last-minute change of plans he ended up wearing a tuxedo, however, my daughter and I both forgot to call and add a boutonniere for him to the order. When Catherine discovered this moments before the wedding, she effortlessly made a beautiful boutonniere for him on the spot by pulling a few select flowers from the bridesmaids bouquets! Prior to the wedding we met with her several times, and throughout the entire process she was professional, friendly, willing to listen to our ideas, and helpful in regards to selecting flowers that were within the wedding budget. She was a real pleasure to work with from beginning to end, and my daughter and I both highly recommend her for your wedding flower needs.

Sent on 02/09/2011

Liz · Married on 05/19/2012

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Catherine because I felt that with her many years of experience and knowledge I was in good hands. Not only was Catherine open-minded to ideas that I had for our ceremony and reception spaces, she listened to my ideas and was able to guide me through areas where I was unsure of what I wanted. Every time I met with her I never felt rushed or that I was just another wedding she was adding to her portfolio. I was supremely delighted to see the final results at our ceremony and reception. I could not have asked for more beautiful arrangements for decorations and the bouquets that myself and my bridesmaids had. I would recommend her again and again!

Sent on 05/21/2012
  • kl

Kat · Married on 04/24/2010

Like someone else wrote, I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted, but I knew what I didn't like. I was a bit skeptical at first as I looked through Catherine's portfolio book - a lot of it wasn't the style I had in mind. But as I continued to look, I found elements I liked, and I would explain to her what I liked about them. She totally got what I was saying and together we came up with a simple and elegant design for the table tops. I really liked how they turned out - just simple and beautiful. She had great suggestions for the bouquets and boutonnieres and they turned out perfect. Plus, her prices were so reasonable. I just met with her in person once, and it was all that was needed!

Sent on 05/21/2010

Stefanie · Married on 07/07/2007

3.8
      3.0

We found Catherine through a friend of the family and I would suggest her to all of my friends. She runs her business out of her home but has it set up like a very professional place of business. She listened very closely to my needs and did all she could to make my wishes come true. I was very pleased.

Sent on 11/16/2007

Stacey · Married on 08/26/2007

3.6
      3.5

I have to say Catherine's flexibility and creativity is outstanding. I'm not really into flowers, but after meeting with several other florists first, Catherine really stood out. We described our wedding style and she completely gave us some ideas based on our style... not a standard speel that the other florists no doubtedly gave to all of their clients. I really felt that Catherine listened to us and designed our flowers based on what she heard us say. For example, my husband and I mentioned we wanted pineapple grass bracelets (mentioned in a song we love). Catherine was the only florist who was able to create these. Not only did she create these, she took the idea and ran with it. My bouquet base was wrapped in the grass and and floral centerpieces had grass incorporated in them too. Magnificent!!!

Sent on 11/23/2007