Catherine's Distinctive Floral Designs Reviews

70 | Virginia Beach, VA

70 Reviews for Catherine's Distinctive Floral Designs

Brittany · Married on 04/11/2015

Catherine is amazing! She has a creative mind and eye for beauty. She made a fabulous bouquet for me and my bridesmaids. She wrapped my moms dress around my bouquet and it was the perfect touch. She decorated the isle with beautiful flowers and mason jars. Everything looked amazing. Her recommendations were perfect and she created a beautiful layout for our wedding with the flowers and centerpieces. She did an incredible job!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Candace · Married on 04/04/2015

Catherine is absolutely amazing! She is so talented and you can really tell that she loves what she does. I had a zen wedding theme so she made my bridesmaids boquets that they held in real bamboo stalks. My centerpieces were all covered in bamboo paper and everything was perfect and elegant. All I had to do was tell her the theme and colors and she did the rest. I would definitely reccomend Catherine for any event.

Sent on 04/13/2015

Jennifer · Married on 12/13/2014

Dear Catherine,

The purpose of this letter is to express my great and sincere satisfaction of my wedding flowers provided by Catherine’s Distinctive Flower Designs. Catherine can as a recommendation from a friend of mine, and Catherine exceeded our expectations in many ways. Starting with the fact that my original flower lady notified me she would not be able to provide the flowers about 7 weeks before our be day. The scramble was on with the need to find floweriest not busy on my wedding day, affordable as well as being able to pull it together in a short time period.

From the initial consult Catherine listed to what I hoped to have, provided us with several books of previous weddings that had designs similar to what I was after, and she even took the time to measure my hips and waist to ensure the bouquet of flowers would be a perfect fit.

On the big day Catherine delivered the most beautiful and perfect floral center pieces, bouquets, and boutonnières! She and her staff assisted in donning all the boutonnières on the men and even a shy little ring bearer. The flowers matched my wedding color precisely making it even a better day.

I would recommend Catherine for any flower occasion due to her thoughtful and thoroughness in consultation to her creative floral designs that perfectly fit your imagined vision on the big day!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Weber

Sent on 01/05/2015

Kelsey · Married on 11/15/2014

Catherine provided flowers for our wedding this past weekend. Let me just say they were the most beautiful arrangements I have ever seen! They were absolutely stunning. Catherine is so sweet and wonderful to work with. For our arrangements, we used ivory hydrangeas with white roses and lilies. They were displayed in tall glass vases with crystals hanging down. We were so excited about how amazing these flowers looked. Thank you SO much Catherine!!!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Nancy · Married on 11/15/2014

I can't begin to express how pleased I was with the gorgeous flower arrangements by Catherine at Distinctive Floral Designs; they were phenomenal!!! They were even more beautiful than I had pictured they would be. Working with Catherine was so easy. She is so talented and really puts her heart into trying to create just what you want. These flower arrangements were the most beautiful that I have ever seen! Many of our guests were saying the same thing and asking if they could take one home (and many of them did). If you choose to use Catherine for your special occasion, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/23/2014

Georgette · Married on 10/11/2014

Catherine is an amazing florist that captured my vision perfectly! My fall masquerade themed wedding reception couldn't have happened without Catherine's wonderful work. She was easy to contact and communicate with, and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Erin · Married on 09/06/2014

If I could give her 10 stars I would!

When I met with Catherine, I didn't know a lot about flowers, or at least couldn't articulate what I wanted. I was able to tell her what I liked and what I didn't but didn't really know what I wanted for bouquets, centerpieces, etc.

I thought it was really neat that she listened to me, my likes and dislikes, and then asked if my job was one where I dealt with symmetry. I was pretty blown away because she was spot on! She then explained why I would lean towards certain flowers over others - the way my brain liked seeing things. I'm a science nerd and I thought it was really cool! (just an added bonus working with her)!
    I can't stress how relaxing and stress free it is working with her. I had to call and make a few changes and it was no big deal and she also came up with some other ideas when making changes. She was always able to be reached by email and phone within the day which is a huge plus too!
    I walked into my ceremony site and saw the bouquets and just about died. They were absolutely stunning! Beyond my wildest imagination of what they would look like!
    After realizing that Catherine "got" me and what I wanted with the flowers for bouquets- I gave her creative freedom for the centerpieces and she again, wowed me and everyone at the reception. She put gorgeous centerpieces together!
    I can't say enough wonderful things about Catherine's Distinctive Floral- Simply Amazing! I would absolutely recommend anyone use her!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Nicole · Married on 06/28/2014

Catherine's Flowers was EXACTLY what we were looking for, something non-commercial and nonconventional. I wanted a professionally trained florist without paying professional prices, and Catherine was our saving grace. Her in-home office and acute attention to detail, listening to our every request, and offering her professional opinion pulled our look together with class and value. She worked with our lanterns which we had purchased off of ebay, and provided the polished centerpieces we had hoped for. Highly recommend and would use Catherine for future events!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Ms. Catherine was absolutely wonderful to work with. I was beyond impressed with the bouquet and floral arrangements that she created for my special. I will never use another florist again!

Sent on 07/12/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/17/2014

Catherine is amazing. My flowers were absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend this vendor. She is extremely responsive, fairly priced, and easy to work with.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Lee · Married on 01/04/2014

The ideas that we gave Catherine to work with can only be summed up as difficult and challenging; yet, when we picked up the finished product we were simply blown away by what she designed. She did an amazing job! Lee Carrow

Sent on 01/16/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/12/2013

Catherine was such a joy to work with for our wedding! She is so creative and does truly stunning work!! She made the MOCA come to life with her beautiful flowers and attention to detail. I couldn't have asked for more, and hope to use her again in the future! I have recommended Catherine to every bride I know, she's just too good to pass up!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Caley · Married on 10/11/2013

From beginning to end, Catherine was so incredibly helpful. Her knowledge of flowers is amazing and I could not have imagined more beautiful arrangements. There are not enough words to express how thankful I am for Catherine and her team. They truly made my reception a beautiful and romantic place.

Sent on 10/29/2013

Sophia · Married on 10/05/2013

My daughter and I loved working with Catherine! We came to her late in the planning process because we just didn't know which florist to go to because of budget fears. After reading these good reviews, we called Catherine, and she was so gracious and welcoming. She was such a good listener and worked with my daughter (within our budget ) to come up with unique, very beautiful arrangements for the bouquets and corsages that my daughter loved. She also placed flowers on the wedding cake which added so much more beauty. It was a pleasure also to meet Catherine's very nice assistant who came to pin the corsages and wished us well on the day of the wedding.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Marci · Married on 09/20/2013

Our wedding flowers were beautiful. I would recommend Distinctive Floral to everyone in need of floral arrangements.

Sent on 09/27/2013

I have used Catherine's Distinctive Flowers for my three daughters weddings and have highly recommended her to friends who have used her with extreme satisfaction. She does exceptionally well with young brides who are not sure what flowers they want for their wedding. She is never pushing, always guiding.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Samantha · Married on 08/10/2013

They were great! They did a amazing job on all the flowers and she was very flexible with my schedule

Sent on 09/11/2013

Barbara · Married on 07/28/2013

Catherine was a wonderful person to work with. The centerpieces were beautiful. The bouquets and boutonnieres were perfect. The flowers on the arch were just right, not too big, not too little. This was a destination wedding for us, and Catherine made it easy for us. We visited with her for our initial consultation, but did everything else over the phone or by e-mail. If we ever have a wedding in Virginia Beach again or know someone having a wedding there we would highly recommend Catherine's Distinctive Floral Designs.

Sent on 08/01/2013

Ashley · Married on 07/26/2013

I moved here from Mississippi where I met my friend FROM Virginia. I was telling my friend how florists "had 15 minutes for me" to plan something that took would take an hour, so she told me to make an appointment with Mrs. Catherine who did the flowers for HER wedding -which she said were breath-taking. I made an appointment, we went into her home into this beautiful wedding room with a patio and she showed my husband and I book after book, went over designs, types of flowers, types of flowers for the expected TEMPERATURE of the wedding (mine was hot), what was in season, different colors, VARIATIONS of colors, etc. My husband was INTO IT!... and he and Mrs. Catherine pretty much planned the whole thing and all I had to do was nod, agree, and sign off (which was wonderful for me), IT WAS RELAXING AND SO MUCH FUN. It was wonderful. I asked for FEATHERS IN MY BOUQET... DONE... and then Mrs. Catherine said she could put gems and jewels into it, also...DONE. The mothers' corsages had jewels and feathers also. I'm telling you, when she showed up at my wedding, I was speachless. I'm not easily impressed (ever), but I have NEVER seen bouquets this beautiful... better than my friend;s in Mississippiu (sorry, Sarah) ;). The price was UNTOUCHABLE. HALF of what florist shops wanted and they would only give me 15 minutes to blot down ideas. I wish I could show pictures. I'm telling you, Mrs.
    Catherine will knock your socks off. My husband loved her and he likes NO ONE :).

Sent on 08/08/2013

Cindy · Married on 07/20/2013

Catherine was extremely professional and very flexible throughout the entire planning process. She provided beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces for our wedding. I would highly recommend Catherine for any of your floral needs.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Allyson · Married on 06/22/2013

Catherine did a wonderful job with the flowers at our wedding of roughly 200 guests. Everything looked very elegant and we were very pleased. I would recommend her for weddings. She was easy to deal with and she is great at what she does.

Sent on 08/01/2013

Misty · Married on 06/14/2013

Catherine was awesome to work with and my flowers were beautifully done. I would highly recommend her work.

Sent on 08/03/2013

Vicki · Married on 06/08/2013

Catherine is a wonderful person to work with. She really takes the time to figure out what colors you want and what kinds of flowers you like/dislike. She offers the best tips and is very honest! Loved her work and was so pleased with the BEAUTIFUL arrangements on our wedding day!

Sent on 02/25/2015

Sharon · Married on 06/07/2013

Catherine is a great person to work with. When my daughter and I first met her she made us feel comfortable and let my daughter know she was there to make her floral dream come true. My daughter did not know exactly what she wanted but with talking to Catherine things became clear for her.
    The flowers were amazing and every time someone sees my daughter's bouquet they are amazed at how beautiful they were. Her bouquet was made completely from orchids in a cascade style simply elegant..

Sent on 08/07/2013

Debbie · Married on 05/11/2013

Wow, my flowers and the special arrangement was beautiful. She made it so easy to coordinate.

Sent on 08/02/2013