Catering by Uptown Reviews

Catering by Uptown 5
Catering by Uptown 6
Catering by Uptown 7

AMANDA · Married on 10/08/2016

Just had to share my dream wedding reception and amazing experience all thanks to the knowledgeable and caring staff of Catering by Uptown. We had our reception at the waterfront Anchor Inn.
    From the planning process to the actual day of event everything was perfect.
    Anne was my day of coordinator and she was truly like a fairy God mother. She made sure every aspect of our reception was perfect! She literally catered to my every need.  The food was absolutely delicious. The wait staff was professional and attentative. Every guest commented at how professional and courteous they were. Our bartender was sweet, cheerful and fun! It was truly the perfect package.
    I was pretty upset the week leading up to the wedding as the weather forecast called for rain all day and night the day of my wedding. I was so upset as I had dreamt about having beautiful photos on the pier. Anne assured me even if we did get bad weather we would still be able to get beautiful pictures as one deck is covered and she helped me see my day would still be perfect. We dropped off all of our supplies and Anne took care of making sure my mini pumpkin place settings were taken care of and looked fantastic (she went that extra mile and I am beyond touched). Luckily the day of. It rained while we were at the church but stopped as soon as we got to the venue. When we arrived at the Anchor Inn, Anne was waiting there for me with a glass of wine and a hug, she told me I looked beautiful and reassured me that this night was going to be perfect. She made sure every guest was catered to as if they were royalty.
    I don't have a single bad thing to say about Catering by Uptown or my venue, The Anchor Inn. It was truly a perfect day. day. I have and will continue to recommend Catering by Uptown and The Anchor Inn to any bride who is looking for their perfect venue with an all inclusive venue.
    And be sure to ask for Anne, she will make you feel like a princess!
    Thank you Anne, and everyone at CBU!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Overall we are pleased with the service we have received from Celebrations. We just booked this venue earlier this year when we got engaged, and so far I don't have one complaint with them. We are both looking forward to our special day in 2016.

Sent on 12/05/2014
  • Devin94

Devin · Married on 09/25/2016

We received superior customer service from the time of our 1st email, over a year in advance, to weeks after our wedding. Catering by Uptown made planning a wedding simple and fun! They are a one stop shop, so we were able to get our venue, cater, cake, décor and day of coordinator all in one place. We initially went to view Celebrations which we both fell in love with, but honestly it was a bit more than we planned to spend. We looked at other properties online and came across Waverly Mansion. It is the complete opposite of Celebrations….Vintage, Quaint, Wooded and BREATHTAKING. The mansion has a bridal suite and a suite for the groom on the other side. The tent in the back is huge and the new flooring is beautiful. The tent also has a chandelier and your choice of uplighting. I immediately fell in love and could see use getting married there. We went to a complementary tasting event and was shown a video of a wedding at Waverly. I cried, and I am not crier LOL. If our minds were not already made up…the food is definitely a selling point. We were put in contact with a planning Executive, Shonda Cherry and she is truly INCREDIBLE. She answered all of our questions leading up to the wedding and was very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. She was so responsive, it seemed as if I was her only bride. We developed such a great rapport with her that we requested her as our DOC. Shonda was AMAZING and executed everything that I had asked for. Her attention to detail is spot on. The wedding looked exactly as it did in my head lol. She ran that wedding like a well-oiled machine and we will be forever grateful. The venue is so gorgeous and the food is incredible. We still have people calling us to tell us how good the food was. I couldn’t recommend Catering by Uptown and Shonda enough. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and worth every penny!

Sent on 10/11/2016

TIFFANY · Married on 09/17/2016

The planning process was a million times easier. They are patient and very flexible. Eileen and Shonda were amazing in helping plan and execute my dream wedding. Definitely the best !!

Sent on 12/24/2016

TIARA · Married on 09/09/2016

I worked with Jeff and Sandra B was my coordinator, and Omg!!!!

They are amazing. Uptown was worth every penny. Service was impeccable, food to die for and my wedding was seamless. Nothing went wrong thanks to Sandra!!! I would relive that day over and over again. Thanks YOU SO MUCH!!!

Sent on 09/21/2016

This company is AMAZING. They are a family own catering company that has many contracted venues throughout MD. They have so much versatility and customization that every wedding they do is different and special. They put the bride and her people first and have amazing service! They really care about your wishes and ideas and will help make anything on any budget possible. PICK THEM!!

Sent on 06/30/2015

stacey · Married on 08/23/2016

We are so happy we had our wedding at Celebrations at the Bay by Uptown Catering. The whole process from start to finish was a great experience. Shonda did a great job responding to emails/ calls and our day of coordinator Amiee was so organized and stayed on top of everything so that my husband and could enjoy our day. Everyone loved the food, service and view of the bay.

Sent on 07/12/2017

Kendall · Married on 08/20/2016

Catering by Uptown blew our taste buds away! Not only do they provide beautiful venues on the Chesapeake Bay, but you can also hire them to cater any venue of your choosing. We chose Celebrations at the Bay before we realized that we would get Catering by Uptown along with it! Best decision we made for our wedding! The food tasting within itself took up an entire evening and included tasting all the hor' devours they made along with a dual entree to try. It was all extremely delicious, that wasn't even everything they had to offer! We received a big booklet containing every single option they had (we went with the filet and cake) and we and our guests were not disappointed! Everyone and I mean EVERYONE absolutely LOVED the food! To this day they keep talking about how amazing everything tasted.

They even have wedding coordinators who are on point! They helped to make sure our dream wedding come to life! Sandra was our coordinator, and she was AH-MAZING! I am a very particular person and was an extremely particular bride, I had a vision and Sandra helped bring it to life! She even hand picked the staff so that our day would run as smoothly as possible. Thank you Catering by Uptown and Sandra for providing the best food and service that we could have asked for on our wedding day!

Sent on 09/04/2016

Amber · Married on 07/31/2016

I cannot say enough good things about CBU, and specifically, our day-of-coordinator, Shonda!! Our wedding was almost a year ago and I was hoping we would be able to have a one-year anniversary dinner which I thought might be an odd request, but they didn't even bat an eye. Shonda was so responsive and quick to set it up for us. Most places would be "done" with you after the big day, but not Catering by Uptown! The food is the most delicious wedding food I've ever had; so much that I have craved my wonderful meal for a whole year. My guests STILL can't stop talking about the venue, food, service, everything!

Celebrating our anniversary last night was amazing and we really enjoyed reminiscing about our wonderful wedding day and eating the most delicious food that I've pretty much craved for a whole year :). We recognize how none of it would have been possible without Shonda and CBU. I hope all brides know how lucky they are to have Shonda as their coordinator! She was so great through the whole process and even after the fact, as proven by last night! I have already recommended CBU to multiple people, but I will continue to forever recommend them. I don't know how anyone could choose another company and still put together an awesome, stress-free, memorable wedding!!!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Rowena · Married on 07/30/2016

My husband and I were beyond impressed by the professionalism and attention to detail by the CBU staff the day of our wedding at Celebrations at the Bay. Even with some last minute changes (like a crazy thunderstorm in the middle of a planned outdoor ceremony!), Aimee our day-of coordinator was fantastic at keeping us both on the same page, and was both available and approachable the entire night. She even brought me and my maids some wine to calm my nerves, and made sure that my husband and I were well fed. Speaking of which, the food was absolutely delicious, the cake looked beautiful and tasted great, and the venue looked amazing and was set up exactly the way we had wanted. Thank you for making my wedding day the best day of my life!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Tolu · Married on 07/17/2016

These folks are the absolute best!!! They take the hassle of wedding planning out of your hands. I would say that they were worth every penny I paid because they made everything as seamless as possible for me, and that says a lot coming from me because I tend to stress out about the littlest of things.
    I just want to say thank you to Kristina, Sandra, and every member of the team for helping me make my wedding day an absolute success!

Sent on 08/04/2016
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/26/2016

We had our wedding in the ballroom at Celebrations at the Bay on June 26, 2016, and could not have been happier. The venue was beautiful, and we were able to enjoy the sunset over the Chesapeake as our backdrop. The food was excellent! Our guests are still raving about how beautiful the wedding was and how much fun they had.
    Our day-of coordinator, Eileen, was wonderful to work with and made sure everything ran smoothly. She demonstrated meticulous attention to detail and even made sure the garden was cleaned up and looking beautiful at my mother's request. Our planner, Laney, was also very friendly and responsive and accommodated all of our requests. We attended a group tasting event and were a little disappointed that some of the food was overcooked, but Uptown reassured us by giving us a private tasting where everything was prepared perfectly. They also allowed us to make alterations to the standard menu items and provided specialized meals for our guests with severe dietary restrictions. We only wish it could have lasted longer, since we were all having such a great time!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Catering by Uptown's reply:

Thanks so much Elizabeth. It was an honor to serve you on such a special day. Best wishes from all of us for a fantastic first year of marriage.

Lisamarie · Married on 06/17/2016

Our wedding was held at Celebrations at the Bay on June 17, 2016. Catering by Uptown has been so helpful throughout the wedding planning process. They were able to answer any questions I had and made me feel comfortable up until my wedding day. My day-of coordinator was Elaine who was absolutely amazing! The food was delicious (I'm still getting compliments), everything was timely, and they couldn't have been any nicer to us and my guests. I would definitely recommend Catering by Uptown to anyone looking to plan a wedding! It was truly the most perfect day!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 05/27/2016

I just had my wedding at Celebrations at the Bay this past weekend. The food was catered by catering by uptown. I have not stopped getting compliments on ho beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food tasted. I am so upset because I was so busy being the "bride" and didn't have much time to enjoy my food. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone who is looking to getting married on the water. Catering by uptown was super helpful throughout the entire wedding process and would answer all my questions within a timely manner! Laney was wedding planner throughout the entire process and I would recommend her as well! She was extremely helpful and would always get back to me when I needed her help! Aimee was my day of coordinator and she was also great! She was very helpful in making sure my wedding day went smoothly! I am so happy I decided to get married here! A day I will never forget!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Catering by Uptown's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Kaitlin. We love that your guests loved the food, and that you loved our service. It's why WE still love doing this after 30+ years. Best of everything to you both as you begin this journey together.

Larra · Married on 05/27/2016

Tom and I chose the Chesapeake Ballroom at Celebrations at the Bay for our wedding with the breath-taking view from the deck and beautiful interior of the ballroom. We are from Delaware and when we came across Celebrations, we knew we would be hard-pressed to find anything close in our area. The venue is all-inclusive so we had our ceremony on-site and seamlessly moved to the cocktail hour and reception. They also have area hotels that offer a shuttle service so guests can feel free to let loose and take advantage of the open bar safely.
    Everyone was extremely professional and so accommodating to our night schedules from the beginning when we saw the venue for the first time until our big day when Eileen ensured everything ran smoothly up to our sparkler send-off. We went with the suggested photographer and DJ: Cesar Chavez Photography and Tom Gavin's DJ Delights. Cesar was phenomenal and Tom made sure our dance floor was full all night long!
    Everyone has been talking about what a wonderful time they had, what a gorgeous location we chose, the amazing food, awesome music and beautiful ceremony. We only wish the night lasted a little longer!

Sent on 06/11/2016

Jennifer · Married on 04/29/2016

Catering by Uptown provided the food for our wedding at their venue, Celebrations at the Bay. We went in for a tasting a few weeks before the wedding and got to taste a wide variety of menu options. Everything we tasted was amazing, making it very hard to choose our options! Our guests raved about the food, and for good reason! I loved the variety of options and the number of appitizers and stationary hor d'ourves we were allowed to have. Even our wedding cake was provided through Catering by Uptown. We chose the Chocolate Mousse cake and it was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted. I couldn't have been happier with our menu!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Mary · Married on 10/24/2015

Amazing. I emailed my contact person Laura probably every day towards the end and she responded right back. Every single day. Even Sundays! Which was what a detail oriented crazy bride like me needed! Jeff was our day of contact person and he was great as well. He specifically brought our specialty drinks and appetizers out to us during pictures, which was fantastic because we would not have gotten to them otherwise. Plus we had great pictures with our warm cider! We got married at The Flag House and it was awesome. Close to everything in the city but you didn't feel like you were in the city! And everyone said it was the most unique venue. Highly highly recommended!

Sent on 11/29/2015
  • Brittney

Brittney · Married on 10/11/2015

We just had our ceremony and reception at Celebrations and it was perfect! Eileen was our coordinator and she was amazing. I didn't worry at all because she was on top of everything. She went above and beyond to help give us a perfect wedding. She was so helpful and even took all of our ceremony floral arrangements to decorate the reception space, making the most out of our beautiful flowers. The food was great and the venue was beautiful. We were lucky enough to have perfect weather, which gave us an amazing view of the water and sunset. I would definitely recommend Celebrations to anyone looking for a beautiful venue.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Jade · Married on 09/06/2015

I am getting married here this Sept 6 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I booked in Nov 2013 and everything has been super fabulous! We booked with the owner Rob who is wonderful! My name is Jade! We just got our wedding day coordinator assigned and my mom met with Shonda today.....SHONDA IS AWESOME & SO KNOWLEDGEABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately I wont meet her until my rehearsal day but my mom was blown away!!!

I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have visited the venue several times in the past and everyone has been welcoming and helpful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Jade · Married on 09/06/2015

I just got married here on Sept 6 2015 on the deck/ballroom portion. EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT :0) Right from the beginning the team here was professional and responsive. The owner Rob is knowledgeable and helpful. Our assigned coordinator, Shonda aka Vivica(my husband and the groomsman said she looked like Vivica A. Fox lol), was on point and covered every detail! Wait staff was great and they gave us food to take home and brought me and my husband our own appetizers at dinner :0)

Two areas of improvements: Property Divisions-There was confusion about where my wedding and this other wedding could actually take pictures that day. For example, this other wedding I guess was early or something and that caused my photographer to rush and take pictures on the lawn which belonged to them who had a tented wedding. Then the tented wedding wanted to take pictures on the pier which was fine but the wedding coordinator for that wedding was a little abrupt but Shonda handled her :0)

Coordinator assignments-I know this is hard given the industry but I wish we could have one person assigned the entire time. Our coordinator was assigned one month prior, which is not bad, but 6months prior would be even better :0) Also, just explaining in the beginning to the couple that you may have different coordinators would be good. We felt like certain things got lost in translation due to the coordinator changes we had up until August.

Again everything was great...food amazing...service excellent...great owner and staff at Celebrations/Catering by Uptown!

Sent on 09/12/2015

Courtney · Married on 09/04/2015

5 star
    I would absolutely give Catering by Uptown a 5 out of 5 stars! They were incredible from our first meeting with Michael when we looked at both Celebrations then Waverly, we were so impressed. We ended up going with Waverly Mansion on 9/4/15. At first we were a little worried that is such a huge company but quickly our worries were gone when we received very quick responses from the staff at Uptown. Laura from the planning staff would frequently be the contact person whenever I had a question, I would usually get a response within hours - she was great with answering any question I had. 2 days before my event I spoke with Claire, our day of coordinator and she was great! I knew I was in good hands. The wedding was absolutely perfect, she made sure everything went smoothly, that we didn't go hungry and our drinks were never empty. Thank you Claire! People are still complimenting the great food and how beautiful the tent was. Everything about the experience with Waverly was 5 out of 5!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Our wedding was the talk of the year all thanks to Celebrations at the Bay. The food was amazing and the view was fantastic! If you want a perfect wedding you need to have it here.

Sent on 11/03/2015
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 08/10/2015

Catering by Uptown is fantastic. We had our wedding at Celebrations at the Bay, beautiful place with lots of character and made photos stunning even on our rainy day. Food was raved about by our guests over and over. Everything came together and was just perfect because of our day of coordinator provided by them. Elisabeth, usually in sales, was wonderful when we met her for the food tasting and planning meeting. I was so comfortable with her I requested she be our day of coordinator. She got everything done for me and then some, made sure I was down the aisle on time and made sure we even got to have some of the hordeourves we had choosen. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Everything that could have been a problem was handeled quickly and quietly. I highly recommend you choose them for your caterer and their venues are almost all inclusive so it takes so much stress off the planning of your big day.

Sent on 08/22/2015

Made a stressful day easy to plan.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Marissa · Married on 07/17/2015

Catering by Uptown was amazing! The entire staff was so professional, responsive, and kind. Full disclosure we are a lesbian couple, and it was very important to find a place that accepted the gays sort of speak LOL. Anne was great and she took us to several different venues staying within our price range. In the end, her and Ray were able to get us a great deal for our small wedding and a wonderful 6 hours of partying! Shonda was our coordinator throughout and she was AMAZINGGGG!! Always so prompt and caring; she always had this sense of warmth when we met up, to put it into perspective on the day of the wedding I didn't want to cut the cake unless Shonda was there because when she was everything always felt better and about 1 minute later she appeared from the room and was right there guiding us on how to cut the cake! I understand these are small things, but it's the small things which we will remember 5, 10, 15 years from now. I would like to say one thing about the staff, before coming into the ceremony the entire staff met us outside and saw how nervous we were. They were saying words of encouragement, like "everything is going to be fine", "you both look beautiful", the "ceremony lighting is no nice, we have never seen the ballroom area so pretty"! We thought this was a good a time to inform the staff that my wife would not be able to have any drinks throughout the night. They did not appear to be phased by this request as the staff were all professionals, and they ended up giving her apple cider throughout the night (looks like champagne to drunk people LOL) always marked with a cherry instead of a strawberry, which symbolized actual champagne (my drink). Sylvia was amazing on the day of the wedding she always made sure we had our respective drinks on our table, and made sure to remind us to eat. The bartender that night was remarkable as well. Loved our night and loved how above and beyond Catering by Uptown went to make our wedding BEAUTIFUL! Thank you! :)

Sent on 07/29/2017