Catering by Uptown Reviews

Catering by Uptown 6
Catering by Uptown 7
  • F

Faisal · Married on 08/19/2017

We had a very positive experience with Catering by Uptown. Sandra was very attentive throughout the planning process and exceeded our expectations the day of the wedding ceremony and reception.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Krista · Married on 08/12/2017

We got married at the Anchor Inn August, 12 2017 and it was amazing! The one thing I always wanted was to get married by the water and this venue captured that perfectly with the views inside of the venue as well as the dock. It is a unique venue that is beautiful. The food was amazing and we had SO many compliments on that as well as how pretty the venue was! I worked with Cindy for the planning and she was so responsive and helpful. I would recommend Catering by Uptown as well as the venue especially since the food, linens, cake, dishes, etc is included and makes it so easy!

Sent on 09/01/2017

April · Married on 08/11/2017

I had my wedding at this venue and it was absolutely amazing! I couldn't ask for a wedding wedding day! The staff set up the reception and ceremony beautifully. Katelyn was my wedding planner and she deserves a huge shout out for everything she did for me. She kept my mind at ease and always made sure to take care of things for me! The food was fabulous and the wedding cake was even better. I could rave about this venue all day! I feel in love with the Anchor Inn the moment I first stepped foot on the parking lot, best day of my life.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Tiffany · Married on 08/05/2017

We went to the venue in Halethorpe, Town & Country. We were so happy with everything. The food was delicious, everything was set up perfectly. We had salmon and chicken for dinner. The staff was attentive and friendly. Shonda, our wedding planner was absolutely wonderful. She always got back to my questions super fast before the wedding, and was incredibly friendly. I was incredibly happy with Shonda and the venue. During the wedding, she made sure to ask us our time when we wanted to do everything. She worked on our schedule. She got everything in order before and really was phenomenal. We would book another event at this venue in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/07/2017

Kirsty · Married on 07/27/2017

Catering by Uptown did an absolutely amazing job making our special day even better then I could have ever imagined! We chose the Celebrations at the Bay venue and fell in love with it at first sight. Having the planning staff from Catering By Uptown there every step of the way throughout the whole planning process made wedding planning so much easier. They responded to every question I had within a few hours every time. We loved and appreciated our day of coordinator, Eileen LaPlanche. She was absolutely amazing! She made the day of run smoothly and made me, the bride, feel so comfortable. We were just about an hour out from my ceremony time when we realized that may hair (down and curled) was becoming flat and the top of my dress was gapping just a bit too much. Without hesitation, Eileen ran to the store and got me two choices of garment tape and a curling iron. She kept my mom apprised of how much longer she would be in order to keep me calm and happy throughout the hour before I walked down the aisle. Everything about my wedding day was perfect and I believe that it is all because of the Catering by Uptown staff! Thank you so much Catering by Uptown!!!

Sent on 08/01/2017
  • Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen · Married on 07/23/2017

We had the wedding at the Bayfront Club. The location (especially the bay view) was beautiful. Unfortunately it rained but Elizabeth was wonderful. She took care of everything needed to move the ceremony inside. The rest of the evening went so smoothly. We didn't worry about a thing.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Shannon · Married on 07/16/2017

I thoroughly enjoyed working with the staff. The planning professionals, Shonda Cherry and Kathy Andrews, were extremely helpful. The answered every questions and assisted us with anything that was needed from start to finish. The wait staff were attentive and professional. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the food was delicious. . Everything about Uptown Catering made our day.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Kate · Married on 07/15/2017

Thanks to Catering by Uptown and Celebrations at the Bay, my wedding day was perfect! The location was absolutely beautiful and the food was delicious! Our reception was in the tented venue at Celebrations, and our guests loved being able to mingle on the grassy area right next to the water. We all had the luxury of being able to take a break from dancing just to go outside and feel the bay breeze and watch the beautiful sunset. People have been raving about the food. Everything was delicious - appetizers, LOBSTER BISQUE MARTINI!, salads, entrees, dessert. Oh! My cake! I emailed a picture of what I wanted my cake to look like, and they nailed it! It was beautiful and delicious!

Sandra helped to coordinate everything leading up to the wedding. She was so thorough, accommodating, and friendly. Marissa was our day-of-coordinator and she was wonderful! She jumped in immediately, helped with my bustle and took care of everything behind the scenes. Everyone who worked at Celebrations was so pleasant, professional, and helpful.

I can't say enough good things about Celebrations at the Bay. Delicious food, beautiful venue, wonderful people! Perfect wedding venue <3

Sent on 08/04/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/15/2017

We had our wedding at the Flag House in Baltimore City. Elisabeth, our day of coordinator, was very professional and an integral part of keeping the reception organized yet still fun! Catering by Uptown provided good food and good service at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 08/04/2017

Claudia · Married on 07/02/2017

I had originally planned my wedding to be in Destin, FL because my dream was to get married on the beach. Due to both my parents becoming really ill I had to move it to Maryland. At first I was bummed but that feeling quickly turned into excitement the moment I met Anne Portell and reserved the date at an open tasting event. Being that I was also dealing with a move from NYC to DC to care for my parents, a new position in my company as well as planning a wedding, I couldn't have had a better person to put my vision of a "beach theme" than Cindy Mengle. She was by far the sweetest, amazingly patient, most creative person I've ever met and I truly felt blessed to have her on my side during the whole planning process for this long awaited and special day. She truly made me feel like she cared about me and what I wanted.

And last but definitely not least, I honestly couldn't have had the most perfect wedding had it not been for my amazing Day of Coordinator Margo and the staff of The Villa working that day to make my beach wedding a dream come true smack in the middle of Beltsville, MD without a beach in sight....lol!! Almost 3 weeks later and I am still getting texts of how beautiful everything was, how amazing the food was and just the service overall.

Extremely grateful,

Mr. & Mrs. Felix

Sent on 07/13/2017

Devin · Married on 06/30/2017

Great experience, very professional, extremely responsive and the food was fabulous!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Eva · Married on 06/24/2017

Excellent food but skip the cake

The food was wonderful and guests were very happy

Sent on 02/17/2019

Latise · Married on 06/22/2017

Wow!!!!!!!!! Catering By Uptown completely exceeded my expectations for my dream wedding.

Sent on 07/31/2017

E · Married on 06/01/2017

Our experience working with the staff of Uptown Catering exceeded our expectations at each stage of our wedding planning. Brianna worked with us to find the perfect Uptown venue to fit our budget needs and our vision for the wedding. Cindy worked to keep us on track with all of the required deadlines, and facilitated answering our questions in record time. Elisabeth executed our vision and ran our reception flawlessly. Our guests raved about the amazing service of the catering staff and the wonderful food. We can’t say enough great things about the Uptown Catering team. We would 100% recommend them to any couple looking for a venue/catering company that gives you amazing flexibility, countless options, and excellent client service.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Hailey · Married on 06/01/2017

On 5/11/2018, we had our Dream wedding, and it is all thanks to Catering By Uptown.
    From the very beginning—we were impressed. The Account Exec we were assigned to was Anne Portell for the initial tour/meeting. I instantly felt a connection to Anne—as she simultaneously calmed my nerves and got me excited to (finally) get married! Anne truly was the greatest first impression for Catering By Uptown… she was as friendly and sweet as she was professional and informative. If you can request to meet with someone, I HIGHLY recommend Anne!
    Once the contract was finalized, we received a packet in the mail with a ton of information, additional info about the venue, recommended vendors, and information about their planning website. The planning website is an AMAZING tool! Everything you need to think about when planning a wedding is in there… timelines, details, processional information, menu, cake, table #s... I could go on and on. It really helped keep everything organized!
    The Event Specialist we were assigned to was Marissa Truffer. Marissa was an angel. Honestly, I couldn’t have done it without her. We met with Marissa for our “planning meeting” and I could tell Marissa understood my vision and instantly trusted her to carry out our big day. Like Anne, Marissa was professional, punctual, responsive, friendly, kind, and sweet! She made the process a breeze.
    Marissa handled the logistics the day of and absolutely KILLED IT. The day went off without a hitch, the venue was STUNNING, all the décor I brought looked perfect the way they set it up, the timeline went perfectly, the food/cake/drinks were DELICIOUS, all the guests were happy… it was P-E-R-F-E-C-T. (If you are a “perfectionist” like me, ASK FOR MARISSA. Marissa makes it happen!)
    PSA: If you are planning a wedding, choose Catering By Uptown… You can thank me later!

Sent on 09/16/2018
    Catering by Uptown 15
    Catering by Uptown 16
    Catering by Uptown 17

Kimberly · Married on 05/19/2017

Words can not express the way Catering By Uptown (The Villa) fulfilled my wedding dreams. Our wedding planner Shonda was everything. More then amazing. My expectations were definitely exceeded. The night was perfect. A moment I will never forget. Thank you for all your support and amazing customer service. Everything and Everyone was GREAT!!!!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Michelle · Married on 05/13/2017

Sandra was our coordinator for our wedding on 6/17/17, she did an awesome job. I couldn't have asked for anything or anyone better. Prior to us booking Catering By Uptown, we have heard wonderful things, we heard about the service and the food and to our surprise we got what we paid for. The food was great, and Sandra did everything to accommodate our needs. Our night ran very smoothly without any interruptions. I would definitely recommend Catering By Uptown to my friends and family. A job well done! :-)

Michelle and Anthony

Sent on 09/09/2017

Dara · Married on 04/30/2017

My planning coordinator Katelyn was always very helpful and super responsive!
    My day-of coordinator Veronica was the best! She added special touches that made the day perfect!

Sent on 05/14/2017

Kathy · Married on 04/22/2017

You can't go wrong. Food, presentation and support through the whole process was FABULOUS. Shonda was our planner and day of fabulous person! And Heidi was our sales person and everyone was so great. We had a blast!!!! We ha

Sent on 04/24/2017

Taylor · Married on 04/09/2017

Where do I even begin?! From start to finish, Catering by Uptown and Anne Portell were absolutely amazing! My wedding day was so much more than I ever dreamed of-- in large part, because of Anne and her awesome team! I am so grateful for all of the hard work, professionalism, and amazing service, provided by Catering by Uptown, and of course, Anne! All of our guests are still talking about how awesome our food was. We couldn't be happier with the outcome of our wedding day!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Tracy · Married on 04/07/2017

Catering by Uptown was ​​​the main contributor to the success of our ​B​ig ​D​ay! ​ The professional crew ​and our amazing Day of Coordinator, Eileen​,​ ​met our every need ​and more! ​ Our wedding at Celebrations at the Bay was so seamless​,​ we never had to​ scramble around ask​ing​ for anything​ nor did we experience any complications​​. Instead, we were able to fully enjoy celebrating with our family and friends​,​ and ​more importantly with each other.​ ​ ​We​ highly recommend Catering by Uptown​- a one-stop-shop, all-inclusive catering and venue company- who is affordable yet delivers like an upscale venue (if not more so!). ​ ​​​We have attended weddings where the food was not nearly as delicious and impressive when mass-produced as it did at the tasting. But Catering by Uptown's ​food w​as​ still perfectly savory and ​filling ​with five-star presentation. ​ ​One aspect guests remember and care about at all weddings, is the food. So when our guests ​raved not only about the beautiful venue and decor, ​but the​ ​​cuisine as well, we were beyond pleased​. We even overheard guests saying they want their son/daughter to hold their wedding by Catering by Uptown! ​ So rather than just keep this experience among ourselves and our guests, we want​ed​ to take the time to share our ​unforgettable ​​day so that you​, your significant other​​, family and friends may ​also ​be blessed with the same opportunity. ​ ​You will not be disappointed! ​ Thank you​,​ Catering by Uptown!

Sent on 06/08/2018
    Catering by Uptown 24
    Catering by Uptown 25
    Catering by Uptown 26

Clement · Married on 04/01/2017

Elisabeth was our contact from Catering by Uptown for my son and daughter-in-laws' wedding. It was held at the Star Spangled Banner Flag House. Elisabeth did an outstanding job in organizing the reception. Elisabeth's attention to detail was superb! The food was excellent and the set-up was beautiful. Thank you Elisabeth and to all of the Uptown staff working behind the scenes to help make this a truly wonderful memory of a lifetime.

Sent on 04/07/2017

laura · Married on 03/19/2017

I would use this company again My planner and coordinator shandra was super I recommend her to anyone using uptown catering

Sent on 04/05/2017

Constance · Married on 12/08/2016

My experience Uptown Catering was great. Our wedding planner and day of coordinator was Shonda Cherry and she was extremely helpful and flexible. Mrs. Cherry had great energy and I could tell she enjoyed doing her job. I definitely recommend Uptown Catering because of the professionalism and quality of service my wife and I received.

Sent on 01/26/2017

Marshelle · Married on 10/15/2016

My husband and I had a destination wedding in August (Anguilla, BWI). We knew that most of our family and friends would not be able to attend, so we decided to have a bigger celebration shortly after returning from Anguilla.

Initially, I contacted Anne P, who at the last time we spoke, she was at another catering company. I learned that she had moved on, but luckily, I was able to reach her. I didn't want just anyone, I wanted her. During our event, she went above and beyond to make sure that everything was excellent for our event.

The staff at Catering by Uptown was amazing. They were professional and provided superior customer service to me, my husband and our guests. I appreciated having Anne P at the site to support my event. Everyone loved the food, the drinks (bartenders were also amazing) and a great time was had by all.

Working with Anne P and the staff for our wedding was SUPER FANTASTIC!

Sent on 10/23/2016