Catering by Uptown Reviews

Catering by Uptown 5
Catering by Uptown 6
Catering by Uptown 7

Kerry · Married on 06/29/2018

We had a great experience with Catering by Uptown at the Bayfront Club! We got a lot of compliments on the food and location. Brittany was an amazing day of coordinator and made sure everything went smoothly on our special day. Everything went exactly as planned down to the last detail. We highly recommend CBU!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Jennifer · Married on 06/08/2018

I can’t thank Uptown enough for such a perfect wedding day. Planning with them was a breeze!!! You have one meeting to plan and taste test. Then one close to wedding day to drop off supplies and all the go over all the details. I had Aimee as my day of coordinator and she was amazing!!!! She really knows what she’s doing and won’t let you down. When we met her to drop off all of our decorations I just showed her what I had and told her what my vison was and she made it happen. She even made sure we were getting served our favorite drinks and hors d'oeuvres while we were taking pictures. Everything looked amazing! The cake was beautiful and delicious! Everyone loved all the food and the drinks were flowing and tasted great. Wedding day was perfect and I didn’t have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 08/13/2018
    Catering by Uptown 8

Jackie · Married on 06/02/2018

We had the most phenomenal experience with Catering by Uptown. You would not believe it. Marissa treated us like we were her family. From the very beginning until the very end - she made certain that we had exactly what we needed. She stayed throughout the whole reception and checked to see if we were completely satisfied at all times. It was unbelievable. The filet mignon was outstanding. You did not need a knife. The appetizers were to die for. On the day of our event, Maryland had record rainfall - and our venue (Celebrations) was on the bay. It rained all day - but, this did not prevent us from enjoying our reception. The view was absolutely gorgeous. In fact the rain almost made you feel like you were on a cruise ship watching the storm. Every single one of our guests (approximately 130 people) raved about the service; the venue; the food. I cannot say enough about how wonderful this experience was for us. Anne Portell, the Account Exec for Catering by Uptown - was the first person we met with. She graciously showed us all of the possible venues we could use. She was patient, kind and answered all of our questions. We immediately signed the contract by the end of the day. I would recommend Catering by Uptown and Celebrations at The Bay. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/01/2018

Catering by uptown was the best decision I made to have my wedding through. From the first meeting to look at the venues, to the wedding planner, the day of coordinator, the wait staff and the bartender. We went to look at celebrations with Savannah. We loved it but she told us about a brand new venue they had just purchased and remodeled. Even though we only had the appointment to look at celebrations she took us all the way to dundalk to look at bayfront. We absolutely fell in love the moment we stepped in. We booked right away! Within days of booking our wedding planner, Cindy reached out to us. She was so informative and easy to work with. If I emailed her on the weekends, early in the morning or late at night she would respond within 10-15 min. Talk about putting a brides mind at ease. Then to the wedding day we worked with our DOC Brittany. She was just as excited as we were about our wedding day. She wanted to know every detail and took specific noted to make sure that I was getting everything I wanted. She even took pics without us knowing and sent then to us the next day so we had some before our professional ones came in. It was so exciting to see and truly appreciated. She amazed me with how quick she set everything up and took everything down. She was by far amazing and very professional. She never once looked stressed and made me feel stress free as well. Then on to the wait staff and bartender. I thought at first one bartender for 109 guests was not going to be enough. Well I was wrong he was absolutely amazing. No lines and not one person had to wait long for their drink. The wait staff was quick and professional. So friendly saying congrats as I was waiting by the door to walk down the aisle and see my husband for the first time. I could go on and on and rave about this company. I am truly so thankful for their entire staff. I recommend anyone looking for an easy process to book with them right away. Catering by uptown thank you again!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Meghan · Married on 05/19/2018

Catering by Uptown is the greatest deal you will ever find! The quality and quantity of food is top notch! All of our guests commented on how delicious the food was and no one mentioned still being hungry as the night moved along. The bar comes with everything you could possibly need to make delicious cocktails. Our bartender was able to mix any drink our guests asked for. The service that Catering by Uptown provides, is so wonderful, I wish I could give them 10s. Our wedding planner, Marissa, provided day of planning along with planning throughout the process. She is fabulous and went above and beyond to make our day absolutely perfect. Catering by Uptown is seriously the BEST!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Anna · Married on 05/11/2018

It was a HAPPY accident, that I stumbled upon the website for Celebrations. I sent in a request for information, had a call back later that day, and made an appointment to see the venue the very next day. The moment we arrived, we knew it was THE place. Ann helped us through the sales process, and she was amazing every step of the way. She used the word magical to describe a wedding at Celebrations, and that is exactly how I would describe it. You receive a planning coordinator to help with your tasting, linens, etc. We had Katie who was sweet and very helpful. You also receive a day of coordinator. Katie helped transition to Olivia - who made sure our day was perfect. Celebrations made for a wedding that my husband and I, and our guests will never forget. The food, the view, the atmosphere - everything is amazing. When I was at Celebrations, waiting for the ceremony to start - Olivia came to talk to me about the plan to walk into the ceremony - a puddle had formed there because of all the recent rain...and she wanted to talk through the concern and my options. However, I really wanted to walk straight through the door and down the aisle. Her and a bridesmaid went to look at it together, and I don't know what happened but when they came back - I was told it was gone! Couldn't have been happier with the whole day!

Sent on 06/22/2018
    Catering by Uptown 9
    Catering by Uptown 10
    Catering by Uptown 11

Brianne · Married on 05/06/2018

WOW! If your looking for a magical wedding chose celabrations and uptown catering :) they are wonderful! When looking for a venture we found it hard being a same sex couple however uptown was amazing! Anne showed us all of the venues and was so welcoming :) than we moved on to planning with Katie who was also fantastic! he day of coordinator Amiee followed suit and seriously was so incredible! Our wedding was everything we ever dreamed of! And the food let's just say our guests can't stop talking about how good the food was :) they also sent food home with us being we really didn't get to eat much that day! They are incredible

Sent on 05/14/2018

Alexa · Married on 04/21/2018

Catering by Uptown was by far the best decision I made throughout my wedding process!!! I set up multiple tastings with different caterers and catering by uptown was my first choice. I didn’t have to try any others, because it was amazing!!! Breanna Hall did our tastings and she did an absolutely amazing job, we loved her! She made our decision pretty easy! Miranda Gatto was our planner and she also did an amazing job, we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day!!! The day ran so smoothly, from setting up the reception tent, to the cocktail hour, to dinner, everything was perfect. I had so many guests tell me how amazing the food was and how fast it was served....that’s all I could ever ask for. I love that Miranda made the effort to bring the girls champagne when we first got to the venue and made sure Rj and I enjoyed some of the hor duerves. Throughout the whole process, Miranda was very professional and accommodating, she helped with any bumps along the way and made sure everything was 100% correct on my planning website. I would choose Catering by Uptown again and again, simply amazing!!!!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Nay · Married on 04/15/2018

Our experience was amazing. We could not have selected a better venue off the waters. Thumbs up to Veronica and the entire team at the bay on our celebration day. They were up on everything. If anything went wrong I didn’t know about it. The food was superb!!! I have not been to a place in a long time that served such great food. Cindy, Veronica & Veronica’s assistant was top notch! So sorry I can’t remember the assistant name please for give me...family and friends are still talking about their experience. We all loved it!!!!!! I will definitely consider this as my future go to celebration venue.

Sent on 04/20/2018
    Catering by Uptown 12

Christine · Married on 04/14/2018

I would highly recommend this beautiful vendor and it’s excellent service to anyone! Our wedding was simply beautiful and went off without a hitch thanks to the wonderful staff at Celebrations!

Sent on 04/20/2018
    Catering by Uptown 13

Michele · Married on 04/14/2018

My wife and I used Catering by Uptown for our wedding in Alexandria, VA. Miranda was extremely helpful every step of the way. She was easy to get ahold of and communicated very well. On the day of, her and the team were prompt, handled EVERYTHING, the food was DELICIOUS, and at the end, the venue looked as if we'd never been there. I can't say enough good things about Miranda's professionalism and charm. She was a delight to work with.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Timothy · Married on 12/09/2017

Marissa and the staff at the Villa were phenomenal!! They were professional and most accommodation. They made the planning process for wedding a breeze. There were many intricate details that we had in mind and they did everything in their power to make sure that our wedding day was everything we imagined and more. We would highly recommend them to everyone. From the time we booked until the day after our event, they were there every step of the way! THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 12/18/2017
    Catering by Uptown 14

Rachel · Married on 11/02/2017

I had an AMAZING experience with Uptown Catering and their venue, Celebrations at the Bay. My wedding day-of coordinator, Marissa was so responsive and helpful. When I dropped my items off the day before my wedding, she left with me no doubts that I picked the perfect location for our wedding. The location was beautiful, we lucked out with the absolute perfect day and everything ran smoothly and guests could not stop raving about what a great time they had and how awesome the food tasted. It's worth the money to pay an established company to handle your big day.

Sent on 01/11/2018

christy · Married on 10/27/2017

From the beginning we were very pleased with the catering by uptown team! They worked with our budget and needs. We were impressed with the food at our tasting and still impressed the day of the wedding!!! Our day of coordinator Marissa was amazing; friendly, helpful, responsive, calming, and accommodating! She really Took care of all our needs and minimized any day of stressors. We could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 11/05/2017
    Catering by Uptown 15
    Catering by Uptown 16

Thomas · Married on 10/21/2017

The event was, if our guests are to be believed, flawless. They raved about the venue and the food. My wife and I appreciated the professionalism of everyone with whom we worked...our consultant Anne, Cindy and especially Alma, the "day-of" coordinator.

Sent on 10/26/2017
    Catering by Uptown 17
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/06/2017

CbyU catered our wedding on October 6th at St. Francis Hall (not one of their venues). From the first phone call with Anne through to the wedding day, CbyU was nothing but professional, helpful, and stress-relieving. My husband and I first met with Anne for a tasting, which was a lot of fun, and she answered all of our questions and many we didn’t even know to ask. She had decorated the ‘example’ table beautifully and we went with that exact selection for the wedding day - one of the many decisions made very easy for us. She was also very accommodating with our budget concerns and was able to work with us to choose the best options.

As we moved along in the planning process, we met with Anne and Sandra for a second tasting and planning. Sandra is fabulous and had the plans down perfectly. As the kind of bride that got overwhelmed easily, Sandra walked me through their usual processes and made decision-making simple. Both Anne and Sandra also met us at the venue a month before the wedding for the final organizational meeting with the venue staff.

The day of the wedding was absolutely perfect. The set-up was gorgeous and the guests raved about the food. We served a double-entrée option and the filet and chicken were delicious. The appetizers were great, and plentiful, and the bar seemed to operate really well. Sandra consistently checked in with my husband and I with food/beverages, which was much appreciated. They also cut and served our cake (from a different vendor) without an extra fee, alongside their delicious desserts. I cannot say enough good things about Anne, Sandra, and the food provided by CbyU. I never had to wait long for a response to my many e-mails, and working with them at each meeting was a pleasure. Thank you, CbyU!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Sara · Married on 09/30/2017

Catering by Upyown was absolutely wonderful. You get so much for the money you spend. The guests had a great time!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Angela · Married on 09/30/2017

Our entire experience with Catering by Uptown was amazing! The White House at Celebrations of the Bay was so perfect for our small intimate wedding. From to get go, Catering by Uptown was so responsive about everything and you could tell they wanted to make sure our day went absolutely perfect. Katie, who we worked with us to set up all of our details was so great and easy to work with & our day of coordinator, Marissa, made sure everything went smoothly and made sure everything went as planned. The food was also extremely delicious!! We can't thank you all enough! :)

Sent on 11/15/2017
    Catering by Uptown 18
    Catering by Uptown 19
    Catering by Uptown 20
    Catering by Uptown 21
    Catering by Uptown 22
    Catering by Uptown 23

Alyssa · Married on 09/23/2017

My wedding day could not have been any more perfect! Katelyn and Veronica made sure everything went off without a hitch and we had absolutely no stresses!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Tanya · Married on 09/16/2017

The Catering by Uptown team is phenomenal! I can't imagine my wedding without them. Every step of the way the team surpassed my expectations. Anne Portell with the planning is the best and Kathy onsite was very impressive. The groom and I were taken very good care of. Attention to detail was excellent. Thank you!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Kimberly · Married on 09/09/2017

Highly recommend!! Our guests ranted and raved about the food at our wedding. I highly recommend the strawberry shortcake wedding cake. Everyone has asked where they could get it.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Monique · Married on 09/08/2017

I had my wedding at The Villa in Beltsville, MD on 9/8/2017 and it was absolutely AMAZING!!!! I don't have one complaint about my wedding experience because all of my vendors were fantastic. My wedding coordinator Shonda Cherry and day of coordinator Kathy Andrews were great! They were very warm and welcoming, which put some of most of my anxiety at ease. They were willing to do what was necessary to make my vision come to life. Her and her team exceeded my expectations beyond measure. The venue was nice and clean, and the everything i wanted from decor to lighting was spot on. The food presentation was awesome and it also taste wonderful. Especially the beef wellingtons and crab cakes :). The service from the staff was very professional from beginning to end. would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/02/2017

We were thrilled with the service from Catering by Uptown for our wedding at River Farm in Alexandria. From the first tasting to the planning meeting, everyone we met with was kind and helpful. On the day of our wedding it rained, a lot, and Uptown did a wonderful job seamlessly switching to our "Plan B". Sandra our day of coordinator was everywhere at once, putting our plan into action and constantly checking in to see if we needed anything. She did it all with a smile, and really emulated positivity on what started out as a stressful day due to the weather. The food was delicious, and HOT, and multiple guests made a point to tell us how great everything tasted. The cake was another success- it was not only tasty but looked beautiful and Uptown executed my request for a small aesthetic change to the frosting perfectly. We would highly recommend Uptown's professional team, and specifically Sandra and her contagious energy, to other couples looking for a caterer for their big day.

Sent on 09/11/2017

April · Married on 08/26/2017

We had a fantastic experience with Uptown. I would recommend them to anyone. Katelyn was amazing to work with throughout the planning process. And what can I say about Shonda. I was worried working with one person throughout the planning process then having a different day of coordinator but Shonda didn't miss a beat. She was the BEST!!!!! It was like working with a friend. Love her and Katelyn!!!!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Toshica · Married on 08/19/2017

I had my wedding and reception at The Villa in Beltsville, MD on August 19, 2017. From the initial visit to the day of my wedding every one I worked with had been extremely helpful and responsive. I have to give a huge thanks to Shonda. She was my event coordinator as well as my day off coordinator. She was with me every step of the way and very responsive to all my questions. She was very attentive even sending messages the week of to remind me to hydrate. She kept my husband calm and made him feel comfortable. Shonda was in charge of making sure the venue decor was exactly what I wanted. I wasn't expecting it to be more than I wanted, I couldn't stop looking at how beautiful everything was. My guest are still raving about how this was the best food they had at a wedding. I can't remember her name but I couldn't have asked for a better bartender. The service received was exceptional. I really don't have any complaints about working with Catering by Uptwon.

Sent on 09/05/2017