Catering by Rich Reviews

85 | Philadelphia, PA

85 Reviews for Catering by Rich

Angela · Married on 08/14/2011

The food was excellent! I am still getting complements. Rich is very accommodating to meet your needs.

Sent on 06/29/2012

Jenna · Married on 07/10/2011

Rich and his team are excellent. The food was delicious, the service was fantastic, and our overall interactions were very professional and non stressful. We highly recommend RIch and his team - they were an excellent addition to our special day!

Sent on 08/27/2011

Sara · Married on 05/21/2011

We could not have asked for better catering service for our wedding. Rich was extremely helpful, flexible and always available to answer any questions/concerns we had. He was very patient with us when we changed our minds a few times. Prior to the wedding day, he met us at the venue a couple of times to make sure we were all on the same page. On the day of the wedding, everything went as smoothly as possible. The staff were very professional, attentive and on point with everything. Not to mention, the food tasted great! Everyone raved about the teriyaki meatballs!

We would highly recommend Catering by Rich to future brides and grooms for their wedding as well as to anyone else looking for catering services. You would be getting great service at a very reasonable price! You will not be disappointed.

Sara & Austin Brandon

Sent on 08/25/2011

Janis · Married on 05/07/2011

Rich catered my son's Communion party a few months ago. The service provided was superior; Rich was quick to respond to my numerous emails, helpful with menu selections, and very professional at all times. Those who attended the party raved about the food ~ the taste as well as the presentation! The amount of food provided was above and beyond what was expected or needed... and the price cannot be beat! Everything from the plates, napkins, silverware and utensils was included, delivered and set-up for me... I did not need to do a thing! I highly recommend Catering by Rich for any occasion!

Sent on 08/27/2011

Tara · Married on 02/05/2011

Catering by Rich is AMAZING! We had the opportunity to work with them for two events. The first event was our wedding that took place in February 2011. From start to finish he was professional and got the job done. He returned emails in a timely manner and answered any questions that we had. The tasting was delicious. We had a hard time trying to pick three options because everything we had was exceptional. The day of the wedding we worried about nothing. Rich came out in the snow and ice to make our day special. The food was delicious and the presentation was wonderful. We did not worry about a thing the day of our wedding. Rich and his staff cleaned up after the wedding and the church facility commented that they have had hosted many events but they had never seen someone clean up the kitchen as well as Rich did. We thought so highly of Catering by Rich that I suggested my sister use them for her wedding. She did and she was just as impressed as were. The bakery that made her cake dropped it on the way to the venue and Rich called another bakery and got us a new cake within 30 minutes. He did that all on his own, just to help us out because he is that kind of guy. What other caterer would do that?! We were so blessed to have him and his staff there that day. Catering by Rich is an outstanding company and if you want great service, great food, and a great people USE THEM! -Matt and Tara

Sent on 12/02/2011
  • blackbird983

Sarah · Married on 09/25/2010

I was very happy with Rich and his catering services. He is very knowledgeable and great to work with with. Not to mention - the food was delicious! And for the price - well, you really can't go wrong.

Sent on 10/06/2010

MELISSA · Married on 09/18/2010

Rich is my "life-saver." He was able to provide the highest quality service over 100 miles out of area. His staff is very professional and accommodating. I would never use another vendor. My wedding was everything I could have ever dreamed of. Thank you Rich!

Sent on 01/05/2011

bridal · Married on 09/10/2010

amazing food. amazing prices. can't say enough!
    check him out!

Sent on 08/06/2012

jenni · Married on 08/28/2010

Amazing food and service! i would definatly use them again! Thanks for all your help Rich!

-jenni w

Sent on 09/07/2010

Aubrey · Married on 08/08/2010

Catering by Rich is everything they claim to be! They are affordable, flexible, and the food was excellent! Rich's staff were curtious, worked very efficiently, and I barely noticed they were there, thats how well they operated. My family and friends all complimented the food and the service. Alot of times caterers charge alot and the food is horrible and the service is limited, not the case with Catering by Rich, they did the set up and break down for my event. Any formal events I plan to have in the future or friends getting married, I will refer them to Rich. He is a very good person, takes his time with you, and does not hesitate to answer any and all questions and he also is the cook, so he will really prepare your food! If I could give them higher then a 5 star rating, I would.
    Aubrey and Brandi Martin
    8.8.10

Sent on 08/18/2010

Eileen · Married on 07/24/2010

We loved Catering by Rich! He and his staff did a wonderful job catering our wedding. Rich was extremely professional, helpful, and willing to do anything to make our day go smoothly. Prices were extremely reasonable, and the food was delicious!

Sent on 08/09/2010
  • Turtle Mom

Victoria · Married on 05/22/2010

Our daughter wanted her wedding to be the "wedding of the century" and our goal was to make that happen.

We are a family of "foodies". My husband and I have owned restaurants, my brother is a professional chef of 20+ years and our son just graduated from Culinary School. So the catered food for the wedding had to be "perfect".

My daughter raved when she initially met with Rich for sampling. She was extremely pleased with the quality and taste. The Catering by Rich menu is extensive as to the many entrees, salads and side dishes, she actually had a hard time deciding on what would be her final menu because everything she sampled was so good!

Rich is an excellent communicator - from the time we initially contacted him about the wedding date, right down to the day before the wedding, he made sure to send emails and call to finalize the menu, head count, details, etc. He gave me peace of mind knowing that we were in professional, capable hands.

In addition to catering the food, Rich's services included serving staff and bartenders. He also provided portable, full service bars (complete with bottle racks, ice bins, storage, etc).

Upon arriving, his staff immediately went to work, setting up the buffet area and the bars. They were quick and unobtrusive, as the reception location was also the wedding location, and they arrived right around the time the ceremony was being held. None of the guests could hear them setting up in the kitchen and serving area.

The bartenders handled the 120 guests smoothly during cocktail hour, through dinner and the reception. Beer, wine, mixed drinks and cocktails were served. They did a super job!

Now, about the food - it was DELICIOUS! All the guests commented on how great it was. And were rather impressed that the salads were cold and the hot food was hot. (which doesn't always happen with buffet style dinner and the fact that one of the ovens at the venue kitchen was not working properly).

Rich's staff moved the guests through the buffet line quickly, personally serving the on the line vs having the guests trying to wrangle plates while trying to self-serve. The chafing dishes were never empty as the staff quickly refilled before the last chicken, beef, etc was gone.

So, great bartenders, excellent serving staff and wonderful food - but, there is more!

Rich's prices are amazingly affordable. I mean, RIDICULOUSLY affordable. And the food and staff are unbelievably good. Every penny spent was well worth it and . . .there is even more!

Rich and his staff the baker helped plate the cake and the ice cream. Something that they had not contracted to do, but volunteered to help in order to make the dessert line run smoothly. That was a very nice, generous thing for Rich to do.

His staff left the kitchen area spotless, cleaning as they went from arrival to departure.

They certainly went above and beyond our expectations! And, I would recommend Rich's Catering for any special event, and especially for a wedding venue.

Rich's competence, chef skills, wonderful, organizational skills and business savvy will put your mind at ease and let you concentrate on your wedding or special event without having to worry about the food and staff.

If our son ever gets married, you bet that Rich will be catering the Rehearsal Dinner!

Thank you Rich and your staff for indeed, making Ashley and Eric's wedding, the "wedding of the century".

Misson accomplished!

Victoria Moate
    Moate/Manno Wedding 5-22-2010

Sent on 05/26/2010

Melissa · Married on 05/01/2010

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!!!! Food tasted great and everything was just as he said it would be!

Sent on 05/26/2010

Tony · Married on 04/24/2010

Having used Catering by Rich for my daughter's First Holy Communion party, I still have friends and family telling me how good the food was days later. The Chicken Saltimbocca was extremely flavorful with moist chicken pieces. The roasted pork was sliced thin and covered in a delicious sauce. The Shrimp Vodka was delicious with big, plentiful, juicy shrimp. Even the string beans and red roasted potatoes were juicy and flavorful. Scott, our server, made sure the food never became dry or crusted over in the chafing pans by frequently stirring the food to keep it fresh. I must admit, I had high expectations based on the reviews I had read and the food exceeded my expectations. Catering by Rich will be my choice for catered events from now on. Kudos to Rich and his staff.

Sent on 04/27/2010
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 01/30/2010

OVERALL EXCELLENT!!! When i first looked i thought there was no way to get great food for such a great price but boy was i wrong! Food was excellent and he was so easy to talk to. Definitely work with!!

Sent on 02/04/2010

Kelly · Married on 10/17/2009

Rich and his staff did a fabulous job for our wedding this past Saturday. The food was out of this world, we had a few different tastings with a number of caterers and there was no comparison to Rich's food. Not only did Rich find us the venue, his staff did all of the setting up and made the place look beautiful.. My mom give Rich such a big hug after the reception..lol !! If you are looking for a caterer for your wedding, I highly recommend Catering by Rich.

Sent on 10/20/2009
  • W

Greg · Married on 09/12/2009

We had a birthday for our daughters 5th birthday. The food was incredible and the service was impeccable. I would highly recommend Catering By Rich for anyone having a catered event.

Sent on 11/19/2009

William · Married on 08/15/2009

My daughters wedding was perfect!
    Your food was just as flavorful as the day we had our tasting.
    The Vodka Penne was super, as was the other entres and sides.
    Everyone at the reception was full and had a great time.
    Your team was prompt, well dressed and very professional, they went over and above especially when it came time to clean up.
    I will definitely use you again.

William A. Whitcraft
    Owner/Designer/Father of the Bride
    JerseyRose Media Designs
    www.jerseyrose.com

Sent on 09/16/2009

Dave · Married on 05/16/2009

When we first found Catering by Rich we thought the prices were to good to be true. We set up a tasting session and met with Rich. He was incredible. The food we tasted was fantastic. We had 200 people at our wedding and everyone raved about the food. The staff was so friendly and professional. Catering by Rich really was the final touch that made our wedding so terrific. In these hard economic times it is hard to put together a wedding. The money we saved by using Catering by Rich is unbelievable. I would highly recommend Catering by Rich to any couple for their wedding.

Sent on 06/29/2009

Alex · Married on 05/09/2009

I would highly recommend Catering by Rich to any couple who is trying to work within a budget. Exceptional food and fantastic prices!!!!!!!!

Sent on 07/02/2009
  • I

Iris · Married on 11/10/2008

You'll never find better food at a better value. The food was absolutely AWESOME, only second to the price! You HAVE to book him for your next event. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/28/2009

Nathan · Married on 10/06/2018

Rich is an excellent caterer. For a very good price, he provided terrific food to all of our guests, and his serving staff was terrific as well. Rich is very busy, so there was an occasional wait for him to respond to our emails, but he was thorough, friendly, and very flexible in working with us. I would highly recommend hiring Rich to cater your wedding.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Alexis · Married on 08/23/2014

Rich is a great guy and down to earth. He does the first tastings at his house and his food is amazing. He is reasonably priced and his food is awesome. I had the chicken parm, rose mary pork tenderloin, and chicken penne vodka for the entre meats. He answers all questions and is accomidating to any request you may have. The guest at my wedding also enjoyed the food.

Sent on 09/01/2014

Emily · Married on 04/05/2014

Shortly after using Rich for my sister's wedding, my now husband surprised me with a ring! One of our first calls? Rich of course! Rich had been fantastic to work with in the past and did not disappoint for our wedding. We fell in love with a venue down town Philadelphia, but were not able to afford any of the preferred caterers. Rich stepped up to the plate and after one meeting with our venue coordinator, she approved him to do our wedding (and after the wedding has added him to her preferred vendor list). Rich's execution was flawless throughout the whole event. For my sisters wedding, we had used him for a buffet but we wanted something a little more elegant so we used Rich and his staff for our sit down dinner. From the passed hors d' oeurves to the main course, people still rant about his food to this day. His staff went above and beyond helping set up linens and decor ahead of time to breaking down everything after the party had wrapped up. I hope there is another wedding in the near future so we can use Rich again!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Very clear idea of what you are paying for. Rich is nice and offers free taste testing. THe food is priced right and the quality is great.

Sent on 04/18/2013