Catering by Rich Reviews

85 | Philadelphia, PA

85 Reviews for Catering by Rich

Kerri · Married on 05/02/2015

Rich and his team did such an amazing job at my outside wedding ! The food was outstanding, no one could get over the fact that it was buffet usually buffet are dried out not so in this case . I truly can't say enough !

Sent on 05/11/2015

Dan · Married on 04/18/2015

Rich and his team were fantastic to work with. Exceeded our expectations in every way from the first meeting to the big day, the food was delicious and many of our guests said it was the nicest they'd ever had at a wedding, the professionalism and efficiency Rich and his team of staff ensured the day was perfect. I couldn't recommend his company highly enough. It was certainly much more reasonable than many others we looked at but the quality absolutely spot on. He was extremely responsive and attentive to our every question (and there were many!) and need, both in terms of the menu and the overall logistics. A consummate professional - Rich and his team hit it out of the park for us on our big day and we couldn't be happier.

Sent on 04/27/2015

Lindsay · Married on 04/11/2015

Rich and his crew were absolutely amazing at our wedding! When we first got in touch with Rich, he invited us to his house for a tasting, and the food was fantastic. The best part was that the food was just as delicious on our wedding day- everyone was raving about the food- especially the stuffed shells! Rich's Catering is hands down the MOST affordable, and MOST delicious food you can ask for for any event you're hosting. On top of that, Rich and his staff were great to work with throughout the entire planning process, and they helped make our wedding day exactly what we imagined. We absolutely recommend using Rich's Catering for your wedding- you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Khara · Married on 12/13/2014

I can't say enough positive things about the owner Rich and his floor mgr and wonderful staff...The food was absolutely wonderful, inexpensive but the quality of the food makes you feel as if you paid so much more completely worth every penny and more. I will definitely come back to Rich for future events that I have.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Julianne · Married on 08/01/2014

We hired Catering by Rich for our recent wedding were told by all our guests that it was the best wedding food they have ever had! Absolutely delicious!

Rich is incredibly flexible and was very matter of fact when it came to the essentials for wedding catering. During my tasting, we talked about my venue and what he has been seeing at weddings. One of the things that stood out, aside from the fantastic food, was that Rich steered me away from expensive hot h'ordoerves and champagne toasts and he was completely right! We stuck with h'ordoerve stations and a basic wine and beer bar and all our guests were satisfied and happy! My husband is from Texas and Rich was able to work with us to make our menu more southwestern while still keeping with our garden wedding theme. He created a salsa bar for during our cocktail hour that was fantastic!

The food at our wedding was delicious! We ended up going with the Santa Fe Steak, Cilantro Lime Chicken with Mango Salsa, and Tortellini Romano. Everything was served hot and most guests went back for seconds. Rich also made sure to serve myself and my husband first before inviting guests to the buffet so we were able to enjoy our food during our wedding before being bombarded by guests. One of his staff was attached to us specifically to make sure we had all we needed throughout the night!

Our venue was an unconventional venue in that guests were seated in multiple rooms as opposed to a ballroom setup. Rich was fantastic in working with us and our DJ to figure out a setup and timeline that worked best given these restraints. He was always willing to jump on a phone call or respond to any of my million questions. We had a garden wedding and Rich was even willing to spray the back gardens to relieve some of the gnats that would be present. Definitely a caterer that will go above and beyond and provides great service!

Sent on 08/22/2014

Samantha · Married on 06/07/2014

When we first starting planning our wedding, we knew that we wanted to find a place that would allow us to use our own caterer. We stumbled upon Rich's website, and I knew as soon as I perused his website that he was the one we wanted. Rich always prompted answered emails, had us over to his house for a tasting, and was very honest with us. He would tell us things that we didn't really need to spend money on and how to make the whole event affordable for us. Besides that, Rich even helped us find our venue (Goggleworks Center for the Arts) when we were struggling with finding a place we loved. The food for our wedding was absolutely amazing as well. We decided to do a buffet with three entrees (a penne/chicken option, pork tenderloin, and a vegan pineapple stir fry), a salad, a potato, a vegetable, and bread. It really doesn't get much better than that. Rich's team were also excellent during our event, and then even lent us a knife to cut the cake when we totally forgot ours! Next time we ever need an event catered, Rich will be the one we call. Thank you for everything Rich!

Sent on 08/09/2014

Laura · Married on 05/10/2014

From the beginning, Rich was great to work with! He responded to emails in a timely manner, and even invited us into hi sown home for the initial tasting. We looked at many caterers but none came close to the quality for the price! Rich was very honest in the planning process, often telling us we could probably get something cheaper ourselves instead of through him (like desserts or bar essentials), but he was very willing to arrange it for us if we would rather go through him. There were absolutely no hidden costs for anything, as the invoice he provides is broken down to show every single detail, so you know where every dollar is being spent.

Our wedding was at Graeme Park and even though we had to deal with a bit of rain, the staff was absolutely amazing and so helpful in getting everything in its place at the proper time, even with a last minute call of ceremony location. Rich took the time to do a walk through with us at the park a few weeks before the wedding to make sure we were on the same page. He was very accommodating in last minute changes to the plan as well, even up to the day before! Rich and his team executed flawlessly!

I had so many compliments on the quality of the food. We have been to many weddings lately, and so many of my friends have told me how the food at the wedding didn't measure up to the exact same dish they had at the tasting. Not so at all with Rich! Rich was in the kitchen making every dish, the same way he made it in his home. The food was exactly how we remembered it at the tasting and our guests greatly enjoyed every dish!

We have already shared Rich's information with several friends who are getting married in the very near future with very high recommendations! Doesn't get much better than this!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Roashon · Married on 04/17/2014

In an industry that we found to be exploitative and full of people making many promises, we were blessed to be referred by All 4 You Events to CATERING BY RICH. Rich welcomed us for our tasting and he helped to alleviate all of the complex questions and concerns about catering our wedding. While he was not on the preferred list for our venue, once they heard he was our caterer their body language and expressions were genuinely positive from their previous experiences working with his team. Rich was easy to work with and his team was pleasant to our families and guest, but it was the culinary presentation that left everyone asking us, "Who catered our Wedding?" The food was AMAZING !! I was humbled that a co-worker who was a guest told everyone "It was a 5-STAR affair". I know CATERING BY RICH helped make our wedding reception a tremendous success!
    Norman and Roashon Bell

Sent on 07/06/2014
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 12/13/2013

I want to start this review by saying that my family has been involved in food service for many years. My father has served as the manager for numerous major food chains for over 20 years and all of my family appreciates and recognizes when hard work and service come together to create an excellent dining experience.

I would also like to note that my venue has had problems with other caterers in the past but when they heard we chose Catering by Rich, they too had nothing but great things to say.

I am so glad we chose Catering by Rich for our wedding this past Friday. This guy knows what he's doing and does it EXCEEDINGLY WELL. From the tons of food choices at amazing cost, the welcoming tasting experience in his own home, the fact that he also handles a variety of other event rentals (linens, flatware, etc), the amazing taste of all of the food (I continue to receive compliments every day), and the knowledgeable and friendly crew that worked the event along with Rich--I could not have been happier!

I would absolutely recommend Catering by Rich for your wedding or event!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Lindsey · Married on 10/19/2013

Rich is a true professional. I researched many caterers for our wedding at Rose Bank Winery, and not only did he produce the best food, he was absolutely the most affordable. I honestly do not know how he delivers such a quality service for the price. We first met him at a tasting at his house. The food was absolutely outstanding, and he seemed to have it all together. He worked with us the whole way to fit what we wanted into our budget. He is very easy going, and stays on top of all the details. The day of everything was perfect! His team set up the room beautifully, bartenders were great, and we got a TON of compliments on the food (there was a lot of amazement on how he delivered perfectly cooked filets to 150+!). I would absolutely use Catering by Rich again!

Sent on 01/08/2014

I don't know where to begin but my now husband and I are so glad we chose Rich to cater our wedding! We could not be any happier with the responses we got regarding the food and just how friendly Rich's staff were. They were great and they were more than accomodating. Right before our wedding we had a few changes that had to be made to our contract and Rich understood the situation; this meant the world to us because we knew we were dealing with a guy who cared and not just with an insensitive man who was trying to make an extra buck! I am definitely recommending Rich to all of my friends because hands down we were more than satisfied with his services. Thank you, Rich! Your food was DELICIOUS!! :-D

Sent on 09/23/2013

khadijah · Married on 08/17/2013

let me start off by saying RICH AND HIS STAFF IS AMAZING "OMG" words really can't explain what an awesome job they did on my BIG WEDDING DAY AUGUST 17 2013 at first I was in disbelief about the pricing for what he was offering. after having a tasting my husband and I was so ready to do it all over again just his whole approach from the beginning RICH comes with my HIGEST RECOMMENDATION!!! ALL MY GUEST LOVED THE FOOD I COULD WRITE ABOUT RICH ZUVICH for days "rich once again marc and I would like to thank you soooooooo much" and the next event I will be calling

Sent on 08/26/2013

I would highly recommend Catering by Rich. I had not known anything about Rich prior to my daughter selecting Rich to provide the catering for her wedding, and my husband and I had gone strictly on our daughter's recommendation Our daughter and future son-in-law met with Rich did a food tasting and were certain that they wanted to use Rich. They were so convinced that my husband and I never did a food tasting at all - the decision was final. Rich was always very professional, very responsive, and personable. Rich's prices are very reasonable compared to several other vendors my daughter was also considering and Rich's food was outstanding. My husband and I met Rich several weeks before the wedding at the venue, and we were convinced my daughter made the right decision. Everything was wonderful - food was fabulous and I would be happy to recommend Rich to anyone to cater their event. I would love to be at another affair that Rich caters so I could sit back and enjoy the wonderful food and relax! The guests at the wedding also commented on how much they enjoyed their dinner. After putting so much effort into a wedding, it's great to know that everyone enjoyed their meal!

Sent on 07/28/2013

Dan · Married on 06/22/2013

I’m not exaggerating when I say that Rich and his crew “saved the day” when we ran across a problem with our venue on the day of our wedding. But I’ll get to that in a moment. When we were shopping around for caterers, we kept coming across the same problem – high costs for what seemed like not much in return. Resigned to the fact that we were going to get ripped off just because we mentioned the word “wedding”, we were absolutely amazed when we came across Rich’s website - and of course, his prices. We were skeptical, but to our surprise, Rich got back to us promptly (for the first of many, many times), and we were happy to read a normal email from what seemed like a normal guy. So, we set up a tasting. We arrived at Rich’s house where he prepared us 3 dishes and sat with us right there at his dining room table (we had privacy while eating). The food was great! This intimate experience really helped us get a sense for who Rich was and how he ran his business. He didn’t even tire of me asking - in about 10 different ways - why and how he charges at least half of what his competition charges. So, we left his house that day with a great sense of relief that 1) we finally found a caterer who we think we can trust to be reliable and to make delicious food, and 2) at a substantial discount to everyone else we saw. Throughout the ensuing months, Rich promptly answered about a million questions from us, never once saying “no, we can’t do that.” Anyway, since this review is getting exceedingly long, I’ll get to the part about how he saved the day. Our venue (Rose Bank Winery) has a kitchen, but on the morning of the wedding, the owner told us that the oven had broken. Needless to say, this was not ideal for food preparation, especially the salmon. Rich and his crew managed to prepare food for 120 people in another building, pulling off a very tasty dinner service. Bottom line – hire Rich if you’re looking for great food and great service, at a great price.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Emily · Married on 05/04/2013

As a former professional event planner when my sister announced she was getting married I automatically went into high gear making sure her wedding was nothing less than perfect. When it came to a caterer though, I hit a roadblock. All the caterers I had past experience with, although good, would not fit into our budget. I went to any event planners best friend... the Internet and reviews. Rich surfaced quickly in my research, and the more I read about him, the more I knew he was on our list. Through our whole process, I kept on thinking to myself that Rich seemed too good to be true. Prices were quite a bit less that anywhere else I could find, but there didn't seem to be any value we were giving up. Rich was professional, responsive, and all-around great to work with. He hosted myself along with the bride and groom for our tasting in his own home (no cost even for the tag along MOH-zilla as my sister liked to call me). The food was phenomenal; we were all blown away. He explained, everything was made from scratch that day, nothing ever is frozen.
    Every obstacle I threw at Rich, he took in stride. New venue he never worked in? No problem, he would meet us for a walk through. Never-ending changing rentals we would need? No problem, he had contacts at great pricing for that. MOB a vegan? No problem, he could create something just for her.
    The wedding day (aka the day of truth) arrived. Not only did Rich deliver, he exceeded our already high expectations. Rave reviews from all of our guests on the food, several wanting his information for events they would be hosting. His on-site staff nothing but professional, friendly and accommodating. The bar tenders met the very high expectations of the former-bar tender himself, the groom that had concocted four specialty drinks including a pineapple fluff. We couldn’t have been more elated.
    So I am here to tell you, believe all the reviews. Catering by Rich is the real deal. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/02/2013

Blake · Married on 08/04/2012

Catering by Rich was an amazing find. We looked all over the delaware valley for an afordable, professional caterer with great food and found it all in Catering by Rich. He and his team had great wedding experience and helped give us the wedding we were hoping for. We had a great experience with Rich from the start when he welcomed my wife and I, her maid of honor and my father-in-law to his house for a fun and professional tasting. His team was very responsive and accomodating throughout our planning and did everything they could the day of the wedding to make it as stress-free as possible. Since our wedding, our guests raved about his food, especially his chicken parmesan that it was the best they've ever had. We highly recommend Catering by Rich and can't imagine you'd be disappointed.

Sent on 11/04/2012

Jen · Married on 06/22/2012

We used Rich as our caterer at our wedding in June 2012 at the Pearl S. Buck house in Perkasie, PA. Everything was AMAZING! Rich was fantastic from the day we met him and through the entire planning process. He made it very stress free and was very flexible. Rich accommodated all of our requests and even provided guidance to help us save money in areas that we didnt need to spend. His knowledge from all of his experience was very helpful in our planning as well. He is very passionate about what he does and it shows in his work and the relationships he creates with his customers. Rich went above and beyond to make our day perfect for us. We had a moment during our cocktail hour where he noticed we may need additional drinks than what we had bought. With our permission, he sent his staff out to pick up more and nothing ever skipped a beat and we were covered. Thank you Rich! In addition, the prices are very reasonable. We were blown away at the quality and service that was provided for the cost. You can't go wrong with choosing Rich for your event, whatever it may be. We will definitely be using him again in the future for other events we will have!

Sent on 11/04/2012

Ameenah · Married on 06/02/2012

From the tasting to the wedding service Rich and his staff was very professional and courteous! To this day, I am receiving compliments on the staff! When we had our tasting the meats we selected melted in our mouths. I was looking forward to the wedding day just so I could have dinner....DELICIOUS!!! The staff interacted with our guest as if they were our own family and friends!! The price.... you will not be able to beat Rich's price....very affordable with great service!! Thank you Rich and staff!!! We will definitely use Catering by Rich for future events.

Sent on 07/07/2012

Bruno · Married on 05/19/2012

I truly loved having Catering by Rich cater my wedding! The food was amazing. I couldn't tell you how many times throughout the night that people came up to me and said that the food was incredible. Rich is extremely nice to work with and was extremely helpful with anything we asked. I would use Catering by Rich again for any special occasion!!!!!

Sent on 06/11/2012

kristin · Married on 04/07/2012

From start to finish, Rich made our wedding affordable, excellent and amazing. My finance was getting a little anxious about our budget when we first started wedding planning. Rich is willing to work with anyone and find a way to provide excellent service and food within a reasonable budget. Once we went to his house and tried the beef pinwheels, talked through some numbers and realized that Rich is a great guy excited to help make weddings happen (and not so much interested in making a buck off the bride and groom) we were sold! And at least once a week we talked about the beef--- I think he wanted to marry me just to eat Rich's food! He and his staff set up and broke down to the T the way we asked for things to be. We were stress free and full of trust for them on our big day. Can't say enough great things, if you're looking elsewhere, save yourself the hassle and look no further!!!

Sent on 04/10/2012

Krista · Married on 03/10/2012

All of my guests really enjoyed the food, and some even said that it was the best food that they have ever had at a wedding. The service was excellent. Rich is very professional and very down to earth. You get great service and food for a low price.

Sent on 04/09/2012

Denise M. · event on 12/01/2011

My event was a wedding rehearsal dinner for 30 people. Catering by Rich deserves 5 stars in every category. I thought that the cost was extremely reasonable for the value. Rich was responsive to my requests and changes in menu, and made recommendations accordingly. For instance, Rich told me that his stuffed shells were very popular, so I added them to my entree selection, and they were the most commented-on item served. All of the food was exceptionally delicious. Scott, the server, did an excellent job of setting up the buffet in a barely adequate serving space. He was pleasantly friendly with the guests, yet very discrete as he collected used dishes and utensils. Scott was helpful in storing the left-overs, and cleaned-up efficiently, leaving the serving area exactly as he found it. I will highly recommend Catering by Rich Zuvich to anyone interested in having an affair catered, and would absolutely use his services when I need catering. Actually, Rich made the experience so positive, that I would now consider Rich for events that I would not previously have considered a caterer. Kudos to Catering by Rich and his staff.

Sent on 12/10/2011

Kenya · Married on 10/08/2011

My review will be a little different since our wedding was October 8, 2011 and we weren\'t fortunate enough to use Rich, but were blessed by his expertise, kindness, and patience. We started off working with Rich prior to finding our venue, which only allowed us to work with their list of participating caterers. However, Rich was willing to go through the process of becoming a participating caterer. However, the timing would not work out in time for our wedding! Nevertheless, we ended up working with another caterer and to our surprise Rich even participated in handing us off to our new cater! Rich is the EPITOME of professionalism, expertise, generosity and kindness. This may sound corny, but it\'s true, rich was such a God send for us as he gave us hope during the very overwhelming and scary beginning stages of our planning. Although we didn\'t get to work with Him, we were blessed to have him shape our catering experience. He taught us so much during our brief time with him. We definitely will be using him for our Housewarming, birthday dinner party, and eventually our baby shower!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Nicole · Married on 10/02/2011

In the begining stage of planning our wedding we went on several tastings. At the time Catering by Rich was not on our list of go-sees as far as being an option. I have always lived by "You get what you pay for", and from seeing/hearing how very reasonably priced CBR was I didn't consider. However, after tasting several caterers food we still couldn't find what we were looking for as in quality, taste, and just that comfort level of working with someone. So after getting a quote I finally decided we will go and see what happens with CBR. OMG is all I can say! His food wa/is amazing, from the smell all the way to the flavor and taste it was excellent! I was so excited, and couldn't believe the price. I just knew there was a catch or some hidden fees, but needless to say it was real, and no hidden fees. It has been 2 months since our wedding and still our guests are talking about how delicious Catering By Rich food and service was. In a couple years I will be giving my daughter a Sweet 16 party, guess who my caterer will be???Yep, that's right! Catering By Rich

Sent on 12/06/2011

Liz · Married on 10/01/2011

We couldn’t be happier with the way Rich managed everything before, during, and after the day of our wedding. His services greatly exceeded our expectations. The tasting was so much fun and well organized. He was extremely helpful in helping us to decide exactly what we wanted. Rich spent so much time going over everything and working out last minute details on the phone with me the day before the wedding; he must have spent an hour talking to me. He really put me at ease and assured me that everything was going to happen exactly as planned. And it did! On the day of the wedding, everything ran seamlessly. The food was absolutely delicious. All of our guests complimented us on how much they enjoyed it. Not only did Rich prepare a delicious meal for over one hundred people, but he was also very accommodating for letting us provide the beverages and cake to cut cost. Plus my great aunt really wanted to make our cake, so everyone was happy! Rich and his team also helped to create the atmosphere we wanted. He saved us so much hassle by handling all of the rentals. And all of his rental prices were so reasonable, I couldn’t believe it. Rich’s staff provided excellent service. They were all very friendly, professional, and well-dressed. I am very impressed with how they were able to work within our awkwardly laid-out venue space and make things run so smoothly. They not only set up the entire reception space, but also set up our ceremony space as well. It all looked so beautiful I couldn’t believe it. Rich’s prices were by far the most reasonable of any other caterer in the area. But nobody would ever know it from the quality of food and service! We were on a budget and he worked with us to cut on cost wherever possible. Catering by Rich really went above and beyond anything I ever dreamed for my wedding. I already have and will continue to recommend him to all of my friends and family.

Sent on 10/01/2012