Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill Reviews

41 | Islamorada, FL

41 Reviews for Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill

Kristin · Married on 10/17/2015

I absolutely love Green Turtle catering! They did such an amazing job with my client's outdoor wedding in October. Not only was the food out of this world, but their staff is top notch. Working with Amanda leading up to the event was better than I expected. She was always up for whatever my clients suggested. If they didn't offer it, they made sure to test it out and master it for the menu. On the day of the wedding we had a huge storm that came through and all the staff was hands on and willing to help. When it was time to put chairs back up and put the finishing touches on the tables, there was no hesitation. They are team players and a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Green Turtle catering for any wedding (big or small), but please don't forget to order the key lime pie tarts!!!

Sent on 04/02/2016

Ana · Married on 09/26/2015

We used the Green Turtle as our food and rentals vendor. Although we got quotes from over 5 vendors both the Green Turtle's reputation and value sold us. We started working with Megan and it was helpful to have her ask all the right questions and help me determine what I needed for our wedding. After the tasting we were sold on the food. Everything was made onsite and certainly captured the flavor of the keys. Also by having the rentals through them we were able to eliminate another vendor and in fact did not have to secure a wedding coordinator for everything worked in sync and was set up as planned. A few weeks before our wedding Megan left the GT and we started to work with Amanda. Although apprehensive of a change so late in the game Amanda stepped in and was right on target with her support and planning. She participated in the rehearsal and we were able to adjust the final setup for the beach and food as well as coordinate the set up for the ceremony. The GT staff was great, the food was amazing and Amanda's help was invaluable. Thanks Amanda for making Carol and my wedding a great success and a day to remember for years to come. The Green Turtle and Amanda will not disappoint!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Sammy Jo · Married on 05/16/2015

Megan and her crew at Green Turtle Inn were incredible, really god-sends. I came across them on the internet after weeks of searching and crying that I would never find a caterer I liked, and behold I found Megan. They were so friendly and helpful on the phone, and set up a tasting menu. They let us try so much food, and it was all amazing. We built a menu from scratch, from everything we tasted. The were happy to also provide kids plates for a few picky children who were attending my wedding. My husband and I were clueless when it came to wedding coordinating, and she helped to provide us with very crucial information about day of events/timeline. Without her, we would have been completely lost. Day of, the crew made sure my entire event was set up exactly how I wanted it to be. They provided the full open bar, and even ran out to buy more beer because my guests drink like fish. EVERYONE RAVED ABOUT THE FOOD! Most of my guests went back for seconds (we got buffet style). My husband and I were made plates by Megan, and she put them to the side so we could eat them at our leisure. She always made sure we were taken care of. I cannot express enough, how much I adored their food, service and overall demeanor/friendliness. We will be visiting Megan soon, and eating at Green Turtle inn. Really top notch.

Sent on 07/09/2015
  • I

ROSEMY · Married on 04/18/2015

My Life Savers!!! We loved the food, the service was amazing! I'm writing this review with a huge smile on my face because that is how they left me. The price was great, we used them for the bar service as well, bartender was awesome!!! The catering team was professional and very organized. They brought us a special set of appetizers while we were taking pictures which were to die for. My guest are still talking about the Carpaccio of Beef, Tropical Tomato Bruschetta. I personally loved the Mini Crab Cakes. Megan is sent from heaven she was also my day of coordinator, I swear my day would not have been so perfect if it wasn't for her. My husband loved her. She knew what she was doing and she did it well. Megan meet with me the day before and took over every possible worry I could have had. If your looking for help the day of I would definitely give her a call. Also if you want to taste the food before booking with them you can! Just call Megan aka life saver!

Sent on 05/08/2015

johni · Married on 07/12/2014

We were so lucky to have had our wedding planner choose Green Turtle Inn to cater our wedding events. By having a destination wedding, it was difficult to choose a caterer since we couldn't sample anything, so we put trust in our planner... And we are so happy we did! Green Turtle Inn went beyond anything we expected! First, they catered our welcome dinner the night before the wedding. It was an informal BBQ and the food was amazing. They also catered our wedding. I don't even know where to begin with this! We chose to have stations so that we could have a wide variety for our guests. The food at every station was superb! Our guests raved about the food the night of the wedding, and are still talking about it! I also can't say enough about the amazing job Megan did to put everything together! She was sensational. She helped early with getting everything set-up as well as made sure everything was flowing throughout the night! Additionally, the employees working for the Green Turtle Inn were also exceptional. Both at the welcome dinner and wedding, every person involved was kind and went above and beyond to ensure we were happy! I cannot thank Megan and the staff enough for helping to make our wedding the happiest day of my life!!! I highly recommend the Green Turtle Inn for any catering needs! You will be blown away with their professionalism and amazing food! We feel lucky to have had them for our special event!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Amy · Married on 06/14/2014

The food at our wedding was superb and the catering service from the rental company, the set up and breakdown and especially the help and professionalism from Megan was excellent!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Kara · Married on 10/12/2013

I have been looking forward to the opportunity to write this review. We knew as soon as we got engaged that we wanted The Green Turtle to cater our reception because of the amazing food and consistency of service over our years of visiting Islamorada. And let me just tell you, Megan and the Green Turtle team far exceed our expectations. Working with Megan was a true blessing! She not only organized our catering and rentals, but was our day of coordinator. I felt from the moment we met with her and conveyed our vision for our wedding day, she was committed to making it all become a reality. She was timely with our contracts, with any updates, and came through when our linens and bamboo arch were compromised by other vendors. She coordinated our rentals with a gentleman named Clay, who exudes professionalism, and they arrived by 8:30am the day of our event for a 5:30p ceremony. She, her coordinating vendors, and her staff were kind, professional, fun and respectful during set up and service of our rehearsal dinner and reception. Our guests raved about the food and service they received during and after the wedding. The Green Turtle is fortunate to have Megan and any Keys bride could rest assured that their day would be delivered seamlessly should they choose The Green Turtle and Megan.

Sent on 10/17/2013
  • I

Iva · Married on 04/25/2013

Our wedding planner recommended Megan with the Green Turtle for our catering needs, and we are glad that she did. The food was fantastic and everyone kept raving about the beans and rice!!! They were very accommodating with our changes. What really helped was that they were able to arrange the rentals through their company so that we only got one bill instead of 2-3 separate invoices. They dealt with the rental company, which saved so much hassle on our end and freed up the time for other planning. We are so pleased with our choice and would recommend their professional work to anyone needing a caterer in the area. You just can't go wrong!!

Brett and Iva

Sent on 08/18/2013

Kelly · Married on 12/03/2016

Green Turtle Inn is AMAZING!! The food was DELICIOUS!! I highly recommend the Lobster Mac & Cheese and Conch Fritters. Our guests were OBSESSED with them!!! All the food was hot and the service was excellent. Amanda is very easy to work with and was so helpful when we changed our minds a million times! I highly recommend Green Turtle Inn Catering!!!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Everything was great, the food, the setup. The only complaint I have is that they somehow lost our payment. And didn't say anything till a couple months later and blamed us for it saying the never got it, when we gave them a check when they arrived. So make sure you note giving it to them. We had since then joined accounts and didnt see that the payment had not been taken out. Other than that, it was great.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Koudi · Married on 08/19/2017

I can't say enough about how awesome the service was for my wedding 2 weeks ago! Amanda was a pleasure to work with developing the menu, and flexible adjusting the menu to meet our needs. The food was top notch! All of our guests couldn't stop talking about the quality of the food. Even a family member who works for a catering company in NY said that the Green Turtle's food far exceeded the quality of the food that they serve at his company. All of the staff at the wedding were friendly and very accommodating. I would recommend them in a heartbeat, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Raymond · Married on 12/04/2015

If you are looking for flexibility and attention to detail, I would recommend Amanda and her crew. They were responsive and reactive to last minute changes to the original plan caused by inclement weather.

Sent on 04/19/2016
  • Natalie

Natalie DeFelice · Married on 05/04/2019

Go with Green Turtle Inn Catering!

We had a great experience working with Elena and the food was incredible. Everyone at my wedding has commented on how excellent the food was - from the appetizers to late night snack (soft pretzel bar!) Elena was also really helpful to guide us through logistics. She even brought us a tray of apps while we signed our wedding license :) Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 10/22/2011

Green Turtle catered our wedding. The food was incredibly good and we had nothing but compliments on the food. Their NEW catering director is above all Professional and made sure that any hicups were not noticed by our guests. The only concern was we brought in our own alcohol and unfornately we found out the next day that the staff was unprofessional. Overall I feel there presenation and value of food I wouldn't have done anything different.

Sent on 11/23/2011

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Elizabeth,

Thank you for your review. While we are happy to hear that you were pleased with your overall experience, it is concerning to know that our staff was deemed "unprofessional". We apologize for any issues this may have caused you or your guests. We would like to share with you that in December 2012 we completely revamped our catering department. Please feel free to see what's new at www.flkeyscatering.com.

Again, our apologies for any unprofessionalism you or your guest experienced. We assure you these issues have been dealt with and are no longer a problem.
  • Nathalia

Nathalia · Married on 11/10/2012

4.2
      2.5

We chose this vendor as our cater when we visited Kaiyo Grill- One of the most delicious places in Islamorada! Love their sushi and wood fire cooked steak! The tasting was amazing but when we were served at our wedding, our meals weren't exactly what we had tasted at the tasting. Some salt, herbs missing, and they changed our mix vegetables to just plain organic carrots. Luckly the manager of catering is just amazing, saved my life when my linens went wrong through a different vendor, anyways, she took off the vegetable order because it wasn't what we ordered. Also I was disappoint to know it was a different chef who cooked our meal at the wedding than who did our tasting months before. Before you book them, make sure these things don't happen. Overall we were happy. They cooked on site, which was awesome!

Sent on 11/17/2012

Liz Giffin · Married on 10/12/2019

4.2
      3.0

Just Okay Experience. Beware of the 3% Credit Card Charge

Food was good. Appetizers were great, dinner was okay. Disappointed with the 3% credit card charge added a few days before our event. One of the reasons we selected Green Turtle is due to it being an established restaurant in the area. This felt like nickel and dimming us. Also, we had fewer people at the event than foretasted yet no conversation took place about leaving the extra food. Other than that would say it was an okay experience.

Sent on 11/08/2019