Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill Reviews

34 | Islamorada, FL

34 Reviews for Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill

Kara · Married on 10/12/2013

I have been looking forward to the opportunity to write this review. We knew as soon as we got engaged that we wanted The Green Turtle to cater our reception because of the amazing food and consistency of service over our years of visiting Islamorada. And let me just tell you, Megan and the Green Turtle team far exceed our expectations. Working with Megan was a true blessing! She not only organized our catering and rentals, but was our day of coordinator. I felt from the moment we met with her and conveyed our vision for our wedding day, she was committed to making it all become a reality. She was timely with our contracts, with any updates, and came through when our linens and bamboo arch were compromised by other vendors. She coordinated our rentals with a gentleman named Clay, who exudes professionalism, and they arrived by 8:30am the day of our event for a 5:30p ceremony. She, her coordinating vendors, and her staff were kind, professional, fun and respectful during set up and service of our rehearsal dinner and reception. Our guests raved about the food and service they received during and after the wedding. The Green Turtle is fortunate to have Megan and any Keys bride could rest assured that their day would be delivered seamlessly should they choose The Green Turtle and Megan.

Sent on 10/17/2013
  • I

Iva · Married on 04/25/2013

Our wedding planner recommended Megan with the Green Turtle for our catering needs, and we are glad that she did. The food was fantastic and everyone kept raving about the beans and rice!!! They were very accommodating with our changes. What really helped was that they were able to arrange the rentals through their company so that we only got one bill instead of 2-3 separate invoices. They dealt with the rental company, which saved so much hassle on our end and freed up the time for other planning. We are so pleased with our choice and would recommend their professional work to anyone needing a caterer in the area. You just can't go wrong!!

Brett and Iva

Sent on 08/18/2013

Kelly · Married on 12/03/2016

Green Turtle Inn is AMAZING!! The food was DELICIOUS!! I highly recommend the Lobster Mac & Cheese and Conch Fritters. Our guests were OBSESSED with them!!! All the food was hot and the service was excellent. Amanda is very easy to work with and was so helpful when we changed our minds a million times! I highly recommend Green Turtle Inn Catering!!!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Everything was great, the food, the setup. The only complaint I have is that they somehow lost our payment. And didn't say anything till a couple months later and blamed us for it saying the never got it, when we gave them a check when they arrived. So make sure you note giving it to them. We had since then joined accounts and didnt see that the payment had not been taken out. Other than that, it was great.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Koudi · Married on 08/19/2017

I can't say enough about how awesome the service was for my wedding 2 weeks ago! Amanda was a pleasure to work with developing the menu, and flexible adjusting the menu to meet our needs. The food was top notch! All of our guests couldn't stop talking about the quality of the food. Even a family member who works for a catering company in NY said that the Green Turtle's food far exceeded the quality of the food that they serve at his company. All of the staff at the wedding were friendly and very accommodating. I would recommend them in a heartbeat, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/28/2017

Raymond · Married on 12/04/2015

If you are looking for flexibility and attention to detail, I would recommend Amanda and her crew. They were responsive and reactive to last minute changes to the original plan caused by inclement weather.

Sent on 04/19/2016
  • Natalie

Natalie DeFelice · Married on 05/04/2019

Go with Green Turtle Inn Catering!

We had a great experience working with Elena and the food was incredible. Everyone at my wedding has commented on how excellent the food was - from the appetizers to late night snack (soft pretzel bar!) Elena was also really helpful to guide us through logistics. She even brought us a tray of apps while we signed our wedding license :) Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 10/22/2011

Green Turtle catered our wedding. The food was incredibly good and we had nothing but compliments on the food. Their NEW catering director is above all Professional and made sure that any hicups were not noticed by our guests. The only concern was we brought in our own alcohol and unfornately we found out the next day that the staff was unprofessional. Overall I feel there presenation and value of food I wouldn't have done anything different.

Sent on 11/23/2011

Catering by Green Turtle Inn and Kaiyo Grill's reply:

Elizabeth,

Thank you for your review. While we are happy to hear that you were pleased with your overall experience, it is concerning to know that our staff was deemed "unprofessional". We apologize for any issues this may have caused you or your guests. We would like to share with you that in December 2012 we completely revamped our catering department. Please feel free to see what's new at www.flkeyscatering.com.

Again, our apologies for any unprofessionalism you or your guest experienced. We assure you these issues have been dealt with and are no longer a problem.
  • Nathalia

Nathalia · Married on 11/10/2012

4.2
      2.5

We chose this vendor as our cater when we visited Kaiyo Grill- One of the most delicious places in Islamorada! Love their sushi and wood fire cooked steak! The tasting was amazing but when we were served at our wedding, our meals weren't exactly what we had tasted at the tasting. Some salt, herbs missing, and they changed our mix vegetables to just plain organic carrots. Luckly the manager of catering is just amazing, saved my life when my linens went wrong through a different vendor, anyways, she took off the vegetable order because it wasn't what we ordered. Also I was disappoint to know it was a different chef who cooked our meal at the wedding than who did our tasting months before. Before you book them, make sure these things don't happen. Overall we were happy. They cooked on site, which was awesome!

Sent on 11/17/2012