Catering By Design Reviews

50 Reviews for Catering By Design

Catering By Design 1
Catering By Design 2

Sarah · Married on 03/28/2015

I can't even begin to rave enough about he experience my husband and I had with Catering by Design. Dan Love and his team were absolutely stellar -- flexible, accommodating, informative. Completely took the stress out of our day. Our guests were talking all night (and for several days afterwards) about how beautiful the venue and decor was, how marvelous the food was, and how excellent the service was. If you want a fantastic Philadelphia wedding, make sure you use this caterer!

Sent on 04/20/2015

Caitlin · Married on 11/21/2014

Unbelievable service and very very great to work with!

Sent on 12/05/2014
  • Koch Bride

Siobhan · Married on 09/12/2014

I cannot thank Dan Love and the rest of the team at Catering by Design for their impeccable work on our wedding at the College of Physicians.

From our first meeting with Dan during a tour of the venue, he made me feel comfortable and most of all excited about planning our wedding. Shortly after our meeting, I was invited to go to a bridal show at the venue that Dan was catering and Dan treated myself, my mother and mother in law like we were VIPs that day. I was completely sold on Catering by Design from that moment on.

Dan helped make my husband and I an incredible menu for our wedding and answered all of our questions so quickly. We never had to worry about communication with Dan and best of all, he never made me feel like I was bothering him with my questions.

The food is by far the best catering experience I have ever had. There is no need to worry about the typical churned out wedding fare that can sometimes be expected at weddings, CBD knows how to cook for a crowd and your guests will be thirsting for more. The team nailed a family recipe for us which wowed our guests. So many of our guests reached out to us to comment about how impressed they were with the food and service provided.

Lastly, the team also was great with last minute requests. We have a family member who has had recent health issues and was put on a very restrictive diet. Days before the wedding, we were able to reach out to Dan about this request and he took the time to speak with our family member about her needs and put her at ease which is something I could not be more grateful for. Also, my parents contacted Dan with a request to surprise everyone with a cheese steak station at the end of the night which to my delight had all of the Philly fixings.

Seriously, I cannot recommend Catering by Design more. They are worth their weight in gold!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Michael · Married on 09/06/2014

Nancy of Catering by Design is incredible. My fiancé and I first had a phone interview with her when we were considering a variety of venues and we quickly realized that whichever venue we decided on, we wanted her to coordinate the catering. She was agreeable, friendly, helpful, insightful, and always a pleasure to speak with. Catering by Design requires a full deposit before providing a full tasting, but Nancy was gracious enough to provide us a “snack,” which provided a lot of confidence in regards to the quality of the menu. The full tasting also put any of our concerns to bed and made us very excited for the real event. Again and again, Nancy was ever so helpful as the wedding date approached and fielded each of our almost daily phone calls and emails with the answers that we needed and wanted. On the day of, Nancy handled the event like a true professional and even assisted with the coordination of the ceremony. Later, she followed us around with full glasses of champagne whenever she saw that we were lacking. And of course, it’s always so comforting to hear from our guests how blown away they were by the quality of the food. In addition, all of our friends and family with dietary restrictions were given personal attention and pleased with their modified options.

Sent on 01/02/2015
  • User3209224 · 2+ years ago

Peter and his whole team are amazing! I would use them for any event at all, not just weddings. And they dealt with my Celiac Disease particularly well. I whole-heartedly recommend them.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Lindsay · Married on 05/31/2014

The food was SPECTACULAR, but the best part was Dan Love, who is the coordinator for the catering, but who also assisted with organizing the entire day. Because of his calm, warmth, organization and creativity I felt completely comfortable letting him run the day, and never felt the need for a planner. CBD was always responsive and helpful, and I was thrilled with the whole experience.

Sent on 06/18/2014

Rick · Married on 05/24/2014

Just simply the best, I don't know what else I can write here. Dan Love is not a caterer, he's a wedding deity. Every part of our wedding was incredible. The decorations were magical, the flow of the night was perfect. The food was five star, simply delectable. There were never any lines at the bar or hors d'oeuvres stations, and we felt like a king and queen all night.

CBD was incredibly responsive to my wife (wow!) and her constant emails, calls, and texts over the year of wedding planning, and they made the whole experience absolutely perfect.

I would recommend CBD to absolutely anyone who's lucky enough to snag them for their venue, as there's simply no better hands to place the most important day of your life in than Dan Love and his amazing team's.

Sent on 05/25/2014
  • O

Olivia · Married on 05/17/2014

I had a great time working with the CBD team to plan my wedding. Nancy worked with me to create an event that represented who we are as a couple, and never tried to up-sell us. She has a great energy, and pays attention to those details that make an event go smoothly. Nancy was at my side from planning the menu, setting up the venue and helping to facilitate the flow of the ceremony and reception. Her recommendations throughout the planning process were invaluable. Knowing she was there took all the stress out of my day.

Brit from Garnish, built us a beautiful floral arrangement for our ceremony, and offered wonderful advice as I went forward to do some of the florals myself.

The CBD chefs and serving staff are a skilled and friendly group of people. I received a smile and kind word from every staff person I interacted with, and so did my guests. It was a pleasure to have them all at the wedding as they added to the positive vibe of the day.

And the food, let's not forget to speak about the food! This is not your typical wedding menu. The options are wide, and the preparations are exquisite. Everyone ate their full and then some and had a great time doing so!

Thank you CBD for helping us throw an amazing wedding celebration!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Hari · Married on 08/04/2012

Dan and Catering by Design catered and did many more things for our wedding at College of Physicians. Working with Dan was a breeze and he was our de-facto day of wedding planner. Dan handled all the small details so that we could enjoy the day without stress. We and our guests had a blast, the food was delicious and everything went off without a hitch. Before the wedding Dan was always available for calls and meetings on the weekend as we were struggling to define what we were looking for in the wedding. Talking with him, he was very reassuring and asked us questions that got us thinking about the things we needed to decide on. When he asked questions for which we didn't have the answers, he was very non-judgemental and patient, assuring us that we had plenty time to figure out it. Dan and CbD are the exclusive caterers for College of Physicians (a very lovely and memorable venue), which made the decision of finding a caterer very easy. In the end, I can't imagine having a better experience through it all. I would highly recommend Dan and CBD to friends and relatives.

Sent on 04/08/2013

Meghan · Married on 06/16/2012

Catering By Design was the best vendor and best decision we made for our Wedding in June 2012.
    Nancy was much more then a caterer, she was an event planner. She was extremely responsive, willing to get on the phone at any time, and very flexible when we had changes to the menu, seating, special requets etc. I felt confident the entire time that she would handle everything right, make changes and abide by any special requests we had.

Nancy basically ran our event. She did everything. All of the signs, decorative tables, etc she helped arrange and set up. I cannot explain how wonderful it was to have her. As the bride, I actually got to relax as she handled most of the day of preparation.

I haven't even gotten to the food part. The food (appitizers, salads, entrees, etc) was phenominal. We even had another caterer at our wedding, who was a family friend. They said it was hands-down the best wedding food they've ever had. The fish was perfectly prepared, the appitizers were unique enough without being crazy and were all delicious. We even requested specifc changes to the cheese on the salad and all of these aspects were quickly accomidated.

We seriously looked at over 20 different caterers and while CBD was one of the more pricy options it was well, well worth it. Do yourself a favor and spend a few extra dollars to get their service and attention, they are amazing and you won't regret it. Nancy seriously made our wedding, she was incredible.

Sent on 07/12/2012

Laura · Married on 10/29/2011

Amazing food, creativity and decor! This team was incredible. From Day 1, Peter and the team were a huge and integral part of our very non-traditional wedding plan. They worked with us to think through all of the details and and make a field turn into a lovely venue. On the day of our wedding the weather did not cooperate at all, but the team went above and beyond their call of duty to make everything run smoothly and the wedding everything we had hoped for. We could never have pulled it off without them and it was amazing. Not to mention, the food was delicious low key - many guests told us the best wedding food they've ever had!

Sent on 04/05/2012

Patty · Married on 09/24/2011

So delicious! They worked with us to create a customized menu and it was so well done!

Sent on 04/04/2012

Jamie · Married on 07/23/2011

I have absolutely NO complaints about Catering By Design! Dan Love planned and worked our event and was absolutely amazing. The food, the service, the quality, the organization--he made our wedding day run very smoothly and without him it would not have been so enjoyable. My husband and I had our own waiter who got us drinks, water, food, anything we asked all night. Our guests RAVED about the food--and we had some pretty tough critics attend! Dan helped so much in the planning process and accomplishing what we wanted in our venue. He was willing to work with us on anything from the type of fish to the arrangement of the room. He truly made ALL the difference. I would recommend Catering By Design to anyone!

Sent on 08/22/2011

Dana · Married on 09/08/2018

We worked with Terri and had an excellent experience. Terri is passionate about what she does, and gives it 100%. She is very responsive and made sure every detail was exactly how we wanted it. The food was delicious. I was very impressed with CBD's ability to accommodate my vegan diet and made sure I was taken care of on our wedding day. Thank you to all of the staff at CBD - we had a great experience!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Nichole · Married on 09/16/2017

Nancy and her team were AMAZING! From the planning stages all the way through the day of the ceremony, they were helpful, professional, and delivered the highest quality of service. The CBD team went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding went perfectly, and we couldn't be happier with the way that everything turned out. We received many comments from our guests about how perfect all of the food was - especially the raw bar during cocktail service and the filets during dinner service. Would definitely recommend Nancy and the CBD team to any of our friends planning an event.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Emily · Married on 03/14/2015

We worked with Catering by Design for our recent wedding at the College of Physicians. From day one, we had a great experience with our contacts there, especially Dan Love.

The food was exceptional from the planning to the execution. They worked with us to plan a meal that would meet our expectations as semi-foodies, but also be crowd pleasing and keep the budget in check. We knew we'd spend the bulk of our budget for catering and staff, but wanted to be sure we were making smart choices about what we and our guests ultimately would enjoy the most. At our tasting we fell in love with appetizers like goat cheese stuffed apricots and entrees like mint pea filled pasta with lamb ragu and crab cake sliders with house made potato chips. The food was equally well-prepared on the day of the wedding and my husband and I were super pleased with our hors d'oeuvre tray and champagne served to us privately after the ceremony since we had no chance to eat during cocktail hour! They also boxed up at least a dozen extra cupcakes at the end of the night which was perfect since we hadn't been able to have any. Perfect for late night snacking!

Not only did CBD take care of food and provide excellent catering services, Dan and his team were integral to the process of identifying the right, slightly casual/cocktail vibe we wanted for our reception, and helping to execute that feel. They created a floor plan that kept with our approach, mixing and matching table shapes and sizes and adding in hi-tops which created the perfect ambiance and which we never would have thought of. And in other areas Dan leant his expertise, calming my mind and my mothers about other things we were stressed about (seating charts, transportation, etc).

We had an excellent experience with Catering by Design and would highly recommend them for your event.

Sent on 03/28/2015

What my (extremely picky and demanding) mother wrote to the vendor immediately after my wedding. (Note that I couldn't agree more with her assessment -- which was a rarity during this process! He really was amazingly responsive, helpful and insightful. I didn't hire a wedding planner and relied on him entirely. That was not a decision I regret in any way.)

We want to express our gratitude and appreciation for our daughter’s perfect wedding. Every aspect of the evening was beautiful, flawless, and exceeded our every expectation. The food was exceptional; the dinner, the desserts, and the hors d'oeuvres were delicious, and I received countless emails from friends and family who praised the evening’s fare. In addition, your staff was extraordinary. They were polite, professional, and impressive in their careful attention to every detail. Most of all, Dan, we want to express our appreciation to you personally for navigating us through this important event in our lives. You were selfless in your time, prompt and helpful in response to every apprehensive email and phone call, and provided wonderful insights and suggestions to help us through this paramount experience in our daughter’s life, and in our lives. Thanks to you, Catering By Design, and all the staff, we will have wonderful and indelible memories of the wedding. It was perfect, not one glitch, not one misstep, not one disappointment. There are no words to express how wonderful it is to have been given the memory of a lifetime.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Malarie · Married on 09/20/2014

Catering by Design is amazing. We had them as the exclusive caterer at the College of Physicians, and when you hear "exclusive caterer", you're just like... ugh, why oh why! I'm glad these guys were it!!! Dan Love is a dream to work with! He helped us through the whole process, and man, that food was delicious. We had all of our guests complimenting us. It's 2 months later and people are still talking about it! I've already recommended these guys to some of my friends with upcoming weddings. Definitely a great vendor to work with; they make wedding planning easy.

Sent on 11/18/2014

My entire experience with Catering by Design was phenomenal. Nancy was very responsive and highly professional throughout the entire planning process. She served as our day-of coordinator (we did not have a wedding planner), and I never once worried about anything going awry on the day of our wedding. In addition, the service at the actual event was fantastic, and most importantly, the food was delicious! Like, not delicious for a wedding, but delicious delicious! I only subtracted half a star for value because CBD is not cheap; however, I do feel like the service we received and experience we had was well worth what we paid. Thank you, Nancy and CBD, for pulling this whole thing together and making our wedding fantastic!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Chris Richman · Married on 08/25/2018

Great service and great food!

We hired Catering by Design (CBD) for our wedding in Philadelphia at the Fleisher Art Memorial. We chose CBD after attending a couples' open house where we were able to sample food, see choices for linens and tableware, and witness the professional staff in person. We worked with Lindsay Albert, who was very responsive throughout the lead-up to our event and helped us eliminate stress the whole way. On the day of our event, the CBD team created a beautiful atmosphere that exceeded our expectations: the room looked beautiful, the staff was attentive and professional, and the food was delicious. If you want professionals who take the worry out of your event, go with Catering by Design!

Sent on 10/23/2018
    Catering By Design 3

Marian · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I just got married 9/9/17 at the College of Physicians. Catering By Design handles all the catering for this venue, and many other locations. We had a few minor bumps in the road with staff changes but Peter the owner, did his very best to make sure I was comfortable with the changes before moving forward. The food is absolutely amazing, honestly best I have ever had. I am still kicking myself for not sitting down and eating my dinner that night. Nancy and Kristen our coordinators made sure they understood our likes and dislikes and did their very best to ensure we were happy though out the process and night of. We received numerous phone calls and texts about how wonderful our wedding was, how great the food was, and what an amazing/interesting wedding venue we had. If we had to do it over I wouldn't have changed a thing. The best part about CBD is they really do let you design everything the way you want. We mix and matched food items, had so many plate, chain, and table cloth options. If I didn't like a beer choice they changed it. When you are pickling your wedding cake they give you all different types of icing, cake choices, toppings, etc and you can put anything you want in your cake. My husband picked ours, pound cake, caramel, strawberries, and buttercream icing; sounds terrible but every said it was the best wedding cake they ever had! My one and only complaint would be the server assigned to our table was not available as much as I would have wanted but both our parents said their service was top notch. Thank you to Peter, Nancy, Kristen, Catering By Design and College of Physicians for making our wedding day everything we had dreamed of!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Elishah · Married on 04/29/2017

Terri from Catering by Design was a perfect coordinator for our wedding! My husband and I had no idea what we were doing, but she made everything so smooth and easy. We live out of town, so we did most of our communications via email. The few times we were able to meet with her, it was productive and well worth it. She helped to work with our budget and was honest and realistic about anything that might add unnecessary cost.
    Now, for the CBD's service during the actual wedding. Let me just say that I felt like a guest at my own wedding. I had passed off whatever I was bringing (alcohol, name cards, programs, etc) and they proceeded to set everything up beautifully! Garnish (the florists at CBD) were able to capture the look and feel from just one conversation and a pinterest board. If there was any drama, I did not hear of it. During cocktail hour, they made sure that my husband and I were being fed and we were given amazing service! Food and service was amazing all around! Can't be more grateful for the wonderful night they helped to create!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Mary Jo · Married on 08/19/2016

Diana, Dan and their entire team were incredible to work with. We had a non-traditional wedding and they helped make all of our visions come to life. They were laid back but helped us to reign in our ideas and helped us to keep our focus where we wanted it to be- us, our family and friends under one roof celebrating this happy occasion!
    They also let us have our dog in our ceremony which was so precious and meaningful to us (especially my husband who has had him for 8 years!).
    Can't say enough good about this group of individuals, they made our dream wedding come to life!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Hannah · Married on 04/10/2010

We loved Catering by Design. They were very receptive to any changes we wanted to make before the menu was set and so helpful during the tasting. Everyone loved the food at the wedding. They also assigned a waiter to my husband and I for the entire evening - he made sure we had everything that we needed. The only thing I didn't care for was the cake - there weren't a lot of options for decoration and it didn't taste that great. Other than that, they were great!

Sent on 05/27/2010

Clarissa · Married on 08/31/2012

3.5

We came to Catering by Design with hopes of providing our guests with a wonderful, electic menu with some Swedish inspiration (to reflect the brides heritage). Catering by Design did a wonderful job creating and delivering on an amazing and delicious menu. We even got comments from some of our Swedish guests that the Swedish inspired menu items were spot on, and in the case of the bride's favorite pastry, better than that in Sweden!

The day of the wedding all the stations looked beautiful and service was great. Our guests truly enjoyed the menu and its unique nature! We also thank Nancy and the staff for executing wonderfully at our event!

Sent on 09/21/2012