Casual Gourmet Reviews

150 | Centerville, MA

150 Reviews for Casual Gourmet

Stephanie was so great on and leading up to our wedding day. She was very helpful and flexible and worked to make sure the details were worked out exactly like we had planned. The day went very smoothly thanks to her!

Sent on 12/28/2013

Kara · Married on 07/20/2013

Casual Gourmet was a pleasure to work with. They really made me feel assured that everything would go as planned, without a hitch. The food was sooo delicious too. I really appreciate how responsive they were to all our questions, and how they helped set everything up so thoughtfully.

Sent on 12/27/2013

Really great food: all appetizers, entrees and the cake were just wonderful.

Sent on 01/03/2014

ellen · Married on 06/14/2013

Cake was GORGEOUS and more importantly, delicious!! Our guests raved about the taste. Plus, they did something special for me and made it "funfetti", which was a huge hit!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Casual Gourmet was awesome! We went with a non-traditional wedding cake and they were totally on-board with our idea. There were great to work with. We emailed several times and they always responded quickly. Not only did the cake LOOK the way we wanted it to, but it TASTED amazing!!!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Suzanne · Married on 05/11/2013

The cake was delicious. It was beautiful. Guests who state that they never eat cake said that they ended up eating the whole piece of cake! We had white cake with rasberry mousse.

Sent on 06/02/2013

Kate · Married on 11/17/2012

Casual Gourmet did a beautiful job with our custom cake. I gave them a picture and they replicated the design perfectly! It was also delicious!

Sent on 11/21/2012

Alisa · Married on 11/16/2012

They were great! The first meeting we tried out cakes and they took my printouts from Pinterest and made our cake a reality! It was perfect!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Allyson · Married on 09/29/2012

The Casual Gourmet did an amazing job for my wedding. The food was amazing and the cake was absolutely delicious. Sarah the coordinator was so helpful and organized, she made it so easy for me to relax during such a stressful time. She was everything and more, it was like having a built-in wedding planner. The wedding went off without a hitch thanks to The Casual Gourmet and Sarah Biggs. So many of my guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Anyone looking to have a wedding on the Cape should use the Casual Gourmet. I could not have been happier with my big day.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Emma · Married on 09/28/2012

The staff at Casual Gourmet not only provided us with wonderful food at our wedding, but they managed our event all the way through. They helped me plan a very special day to remember and helped coordinate all of my vendors. We worked with Sarah and she was terrific, as was all of the staff. Very professional!

Sent on 02/28/2013

Betty · Married on 09/22/2012

A Dream Come True or Once Upon a Time posted 10/26/2012
    I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful our experience with the Casual Gourmet for our only daughter's wedding reception. When it is your only child, you want to do it once and you want to do it right and we were "right on" with choosing the Casual Gourmet. From the moment we signed on a year ago until the day of the wedding we were 100% totally happy with the service, the food, the attention to detail, our fabulous coordinator Mary Lyons, and every single other person responsible for the finest wedding I have ever been to. My dreams came true that day and Casual Gourmet had a tremendous part in that! It was magical from beginning to end. I will be forever grateful! And did I mention how reasonable their pricing was? Amazing price for the attention and expertise we received. They are #1! I have been receiving mail all week from guests who said they have never been to a more beautiful wedding, really!

Sent on 10/26/2012

Casual Gourmet went the extra mile in every way to ensure that our wedding day went off without a hitch. They took care of every detail, provided delicious food that our guests are still talking about, and made a gorgeous cake. They are an absolute dream to work with and have done so many weddings, they're able to anticipate your every need. I recommend them to anyone getting married on the Cape!

Sent on 10/16/2012

The cake was very good and very cute! I brought my own decorations and they set it up beautifully

Sent on 08/27/2012

Gretchen · Married on 08/11/2012

We were blessed to have made the right choice with the Casual Gourmet. They were professional, communicative, knowledgeable, and experienced. Olive Chase, the owner, assisted us in the whole process from beginning to end, helping us choose photographer (Steve Haines) and DJ (Cheryl Park). We could relax, knowing the Olive had everything under control, managing details we never would have thought of. We are incredibly grateful to them, and they made our daughter's day the happiest in her life - which of course made us moved beyond words.

Sent on 11/10/2012

We used the Casual Gourmet to cater our wedding at Heritage Museums and Gardens this August. They were phenomenal! Mary, our wedding coordinator was so laid back and very organized, which helped the planning process and the day of run smoothly. The food and drinks were SPECTACULAR and all our guests raved about them afterwards. Our wedding really would not have been the same without the Casual Gourmet. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone getting married on the Cape.

Sent on 10/28/2012

I have never been to a wedding or gala when the food was as good at the tasting as it was at the event. I am delighted to say it has happened. Our friends are very sophisticated foodies and NO ONE had a negative or less than 5.0 response to the food. The wedding ran like clockwork and it was all Casual Gourmet. We truly did not need a wedding planner because they (Sarah) did it all. Absolutely recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Allison · Married on 07/07/2012

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Olive and her team. They are true professionals.
    The Casual Gourmet was a recommendation from a family friend and probably one of the best (if not the best) decision we made when planning our wedding.
    Throughout the year I worked closely with Sarah. She was quick to respond to my inquiries and I never felt like just another client. She was extremely helpful and made the planning process effortless.
    Our day went off without a hitch and I honestly can't imagine working with anyone else. We're still getting compliments on the food and day of coordination.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Jennifer · Married on 06/23/2012

From start to finish, Casual Gourmet was a dream to work with. We hired them after having essentially every single other wedding vendor and venue we talked to recommend them, and after meeting with them and seeing how nice they were! The easiest way to review them is probably to talk about each stage of working with them:

General process - smooth and painless. We set up an appointment to talk about our rough ideas for wedding plans. Casual then sent us different buffet and station menus, hors d'oeurves menus, etc. along with a very clear breakdown of prices and services. Any time throughout the process that we made a change (adding linens, changing food, changing numbers) they sent an updated summary. Mary and Sarah, whom we worked with the most (Mary coordinated our actual day) were phenomenal at answering questions, and they were both very patient with us, even when we asked a LOT of questions! Also, we fully intended to spend the bulk of our budget on catering, and we did, but we felt the prices were very fair for the amazing food and the very hands-on service we got. They also let us use our own cake and buy our own alcohol while letting us pay just for bartenders, glasses, ice, etc. That was pretty amazing.

Tasting - we settled on stations, and then we picked the things we wanted to taste. Even though we were going to have stations, which meant some things would be made to order, they were able to make up sample dishes of everything. Casual was also very nice about letting us bring quite a few people with us! The tasting was fun, but didn't drag on, and as a bonus they packed up all the leftovers for us to take home!

Food - amazing. And it was even better at the wedding itself than at the tasting, despite having to make it for more people! We made sure we got time to sit at our table and actually eat, and I am so glad we did. People were raving about the food - our favorites were the tenderloin at the carving station (which was a sweet upgrade from them from the sirloin), the risotto station, and the passed hors d'oeurves: the beef and chive popovers, the lobster with tobiko, the bacon-wrapped scallops...ok, I am going to list everything if I don't stop! Everything tasted fresh and creative without being creative for creativity's sake. They are very willing to mix-and-match stations from different sample menus, which was awesome.

Staff/coordination - Casual also acts as your day-of coordinator to some extent, and Mary was amazing at this. She worked with all of our vendors and us to come up with a detailed day-of timeline, and she kept things moving. She ran through our rehearsal with us, and she made sure all my flowers and decorations got set out where they needed to be (I DIY'ed a lot of stuff, dropped it off at the venue, and it magically appeared in place for the reception). The staff was all great - friendly, kept things moving, and good at getting food to me :) They are great with the little touches, too - like, each server carries a basket for your used spoons/napkins/toothpicks.

I really cannot say enough good things about working with Casual Gourmet. Wedding planning can be a little stressful, but it was never stressful to ask them a question, because they were so good at coming back with solutions, suggestions, and explanations that were very calming. I hope we get to work with them again someday, and I recommend them for any event, but especially for a wedding!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Casual Gourmet catered my daughter's wedding at the Winslow Estate on Cape Cod. The food was exceptional - not only delicious, but exquisite to look at. We requested passed hors d'oeuvres, a salad course, and both a fish and a vegetarian entrée. Everything was excellent, and there were rave reviews from the guests. The carrot wedding cake was also delicious - and beautiful!
    We dealt with Olive Chase and Sarah Biggs leading up to the big day, and they were great - always responding immediately to any questions and concerns that we had along the way; and at the wedding rehearsal and on the day of the wedding, Olive and her assistant Vicki were absolutely wonderful with their attention to detail AND their incredible flexibility. We could not have been happier with Casual Gourmet, and would recommend them highly and without hesitation!!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Ed · Married on 06/08/2012

Mary Lyons was a MARVEL. She met or exceeded ALL our expectations

Sent on 06/10/2012

Erin · Married on 05/27/2012

Our cake was beautifully done, and tasted divine! Try the mocha mousse!

Sent on 06/09/2012

THe cake was absolutely perfect! It was delish! And so gorgeous! It was exactly what I wanted which was a mixture of a bunch of different styles in one. Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/12/2012
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 10/09/2011

Casual Gourmet truly helped make my wedding "perfect". It sounds crazy to say but I really felt that everything went exactly as I pictured and it was because of Casual Gourmet.

First off the food was great!!! Everyone loved their dinner and that is not something you hear often at weddings. The entree options were great for a fall wedding and the herb salad was very well received! I really actually crave that chicken again! I only had a minute to try the cake the next day but that was great as well! The chef helped me come up with a fun borscht shooter as a passed hor d'eourve, to help bring out some of the russian culture at the wedding.

Most importanty though, Casual Gourmet is a full service event company and I worked very closely with Sarah Biggs to pull everything off. She helped me from day one plan out a schedule of events, find the right vendors, and answer every question that I had. I had tons of questions and Sarah was always very friendly and responsive. I felt like I was the only bride she was working with that whole year, which I know isn't true because Casual does tons of events each week. The day of the wedding went so smoothly and I had absolutely NOTHING to worry about. Everything was set up and laid out and planned perfectly. It really was amazing. All of the guests had a blast. Sarah helped me turn my plain tent into a really gorgeous and cozy venue.

Thanks so much!!!

Sent on 11/07/2011
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 09/10/2011

Casual Gourmet did our cake as a part of our package from Ocean Edge. It was great-- very easy to work with, and they did everything exactly the way we wanted them to. The cake was delicious too!

Sent on 09/29/2011

Johanna · Married on 06/25/2011

Casual Gourmet matched my vision of the exact wedding cake I wanted. It was beautiful and tasted delicious. I wanted a simple, elegant cake and that’s what they did! Could not have been happier with it!

Sent on 07/26/2011