Casual Gourmet Reviews

150 | Centerville, MA

150 Reviews for Casual Gourmet

I am the mother of the bride and I used the Casual Gourmet. It was for a wedding on the Cape under a tent for 180 guests. I was referred to the Casual Gourmet and I am so glad I chose them. The filet and halibut were absolutely delicious. The were both cooked to perfection. the sides were so delicious as well. I have eaten food from other very well known caterer's and it has not been this tasty. Olive, the owner, was on-site during the wedding as well. She took charge and handled all the catering details to perfection.
    If you want great food at your wedding, don't look any further. Call Olive at the Casual Gourmet!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Stephanie · Married on 08/23/2014

I cannot say a bad thing about Casual Gourmet. I worked directly with Mary while discussing our wedding menu, but she and her company are much more than just a catering service. They act as a full service wedding coordinator the day of your event as well as help you correspond/ organize with vendors the weeks leading up. She also did a walk thru the day prior with us, reviewing all important information. On our special day her team conducted themselves with the utmost professionalism, kindness and of course provided great food and service. All of our guests raved about the food, and loved the raw bar we had at cocktail hour. We personally served a family style dinner which I highly recommend especially if you want to get to more dancing! From the day I met Mary to the day after the wedding she was accessible at all times and made us feel like our day was the only one that mattered, even though she juggles many events at a time (and does it well!). I would highly recommend Casual Gourmet's services!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Sophie · Married on 08/09/2014

We just got married last weekend and the Casual Gourmet did our catering and wedding cake! I have to say that everything had been made so easy with them! By that I mean every meeting, the tasting, every communication could not have been smoother. Every time you call the bakery they seem to know you and your plans, all the employees seem to communicate very well with one another. I know they are handling so many events and it is easy to feel like just one more of those brides, but the team at Casual Gourmet has made me/ us feel special and heard every time.

I remember reading through their reviews online while deciding who to go with and now I know that they are all true. It will be the best decision you have made to get them take care of your wedding or event!

In regards to all the food; the food is amazing! It was amazing at the tasting and and amazing when they cooked it in my backyard. Our guests were so excited about the food, explaining they have never had such good food at a wedding. I thought as long as the food is fine it will be fine, but the food from the Casual Gourmet was amazing! (lets see how many times I get to use this word in my review :) ) No seriously, the food was so good, imagine the best restaurant food you have had and now add the difficulty of let them serve that to a huge group of guests and cooked in a backyard. I am very impressed!

Yes, it will cost you plenty of money, but if you can I would recommend taking advantage of it!

Thank you so much Olive, Mary and the team!!!

Sent on 08/13/2014

louise · Married on 08/02/2014

We could not have been more pleased with the CG! Stephanie was our primary contact for the event and was a pleasure to work with. She has vast experience and we felt safe in her hands. The food was fantastic, and we received so many compliments on the food and the staff. Not only did the CG provide catering services, Stephanie also helped with planning, and provided lots of valuable guidance! After our ceremony she even brought me food and champagne while we were taking group photos. In between the photographer organizing groups to shoot, Stephanie would bring food and champagne over to us and then take our glasses away for the photos, then bring them back in between setting up the next group. The staff were also incredibly accommodating with dietary requirements (gluten-free, vegetarian etc). The CG is the one and only choice in my opinion. All of the glowing reviews are true, the service they provide is outstanding.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Molly · Married on 07/19/2014

I couldn't have asked for a better team on my wedding day, and Olive and her staff did a fantastic job catering! From day 1 meeting Olive, I knew we were in good hands. She runs a well oiled machine and it shows in her work and professionalism (not to mention how amazing the food was - beyond impressive!!!!) The cake turned out beautifully and was even more delicious than I remember at the tasting. I cannot thank you Olive and your staff for pulling off the most fantastic wedding display of food and staff. Thank you for everything! All the best, Molly & Matt

Sent on 09/10/2014

Gemanique · Married on 07/18/2014

The cake was not only delicious but beautiful! They used our colors and theme. We were so pleased!!

Sent on 07/22/2014

What a great experience. We got our cake through Casual Gourmet since we had our wedding at the Flying Bridge and this was their preferred vendor, and we're so glad we did! They were so friendly, the tasting was lovely and they accommodated a couple extra tastings (Grandma and the brother-in-law were in tow) without any hesitation. As for the design, I e-mailed them a photo and was so happy to see at the Reception that it was an exact replica. They were amazing.

Sent on 06/17/2014

Brittany · Married on 05/17/2014

I had a fantastic experience with Casusl Gourmet. They were so helpful and accommodating to us for our wedding and the quality of their service and food was excellent. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 08/30/2014

Monica · Married on 10/19/2013

I could not say enough on paper to express how wonderful Mary and The Causal Gourmet team was to have on my wedding day and rehearsal dinner. One of the most important parts of our wedding was to have it be a reflection of my husband and I. We didn't want a "cookie cutter" wedding that was like all of the rest. Mary listened and provided ideas that perfectly complimented our vision. We were comfortable with her, she was attentive, she was flexible and we could not have had such an amazing weekend without her and her team. Three months after we are still receiving compliments on how exceptional the food and service was. In our wedding cards, our friends and family say "It was the best wedding I have ever been to." I can't say thank you enough to Casual Gourmet!!!!!

Sent on 01/17/2014

Kaitlin · Married on 10/12/2013

The food, cake, and service provided by Casual Gourmet made for an unforgettable wedding! We're so glad we made the right choice!!! We can't wait to plan our next events with them.

• I

Irene · Married on 10/12/2013

We LOVED working with Casual Gourmet. Their food is incredible (and all locally sourced) and their staff is unbelievable. Olive (the owner) really worked with us to design a menu that was personal to us and fit in our budget. Their ingredients are super high quality because Olive ensures that everything on the menu is in season. Beyond this, she was great with helping out with the timeline and ensuring that we were set up for the day to run smoothly. Her abundant experience in the industry was extremely helpful throughout the process. It was a huge help that she had worked with our venue before, too, as not many other vendors could say the same.

I can't say enough positive things about Olive's staff, too. Stephanie was our day-of manager and we could not have asked for a better one. She went above and beyond to make sure we, along with all of our family members and guests, were satisfied. She even made sure we got to try the oysters from the raw bar since we weren't able to attend the cocktail hour. My mom is still talking about how Stephanie would check in with her throughout the night to make sure she was happy. Even on the day after the wedding, when we had a small mishap, Stephanie was responsive to our concerns and needs and made sure that everything was taken care of and fixed. She was not satisfied until we were, even if it meant working outside her hours.

We are so happy that we went with Casual Gourmet. They are well worth the money spent!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Dillon · Married on 10/12/2013

Mary at the Casual Gourmet was extremely helpful and responsive. All of our guests loved the food - especially the mac n cheese cupcakes and artichoke risotto. The cake tasting was my favorite part of wedding planning and many of our guests went back for a second slice (myself included!). Mary also coordinated with all the other vendors to ensure that the day was perfect.

Sent on 01/03/2014

Mary Lyons and the Casual Gourmet staff provided our family with the most fabulous wedding we could have imagined. From the first conversation, to the last platters of food and cookies at the after party, the service and quality was superb. Mary acted as our event coordinator, making sure that all the little details were attended to, and that the timeline of activities went off without a hitch. Throughout the planning process, over a year and a half in the making, she was a great resource, assisting with coordinating between vendors so that our event went off flawlessly. The food was delicious, kicked off by a chowder bar set up on the lawn overlooking the ocean-it was beautiful. She helped us with menu choices, and served us a gourmet meal from her shop, that sealed the deal. Her comfortable, can-do attitude instilled in us a calm confidence that everything would be perfect. She even ordered up a spectacular , blue skied, cloudless day to set the tone for our magnificent cape cod wedding. I would whole-heartedly recommend them.

christy · Married on 09/28/2013

The Casual Gourmet did a wonderful job with our wedding. The wedding was a few months ago and we still hear about how wonderful the food was! Everything was delicious and beautiful. The cake was a big hit as well. I had a few friends whom told us they went for 2-3 pieces because it was so delish! Stephanie was our wedding coordinator and she was a dream to work with. With any event there are going to be some mishaps, no matter what happened Stephanie was calm, cool, and collected. Nothing surprised her and she was on top of everything! She was an absolute joy to work with.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Kelly · Married on 09/28/2013

Mary and her team at the Casual Gourmet were a true delight to work with and took our wedding to the next level. People are still raving about the food (especially the chowder bar), and we are actually excited to eat our frozen cake next September (it was that good). From start to finish Mary was responsive, helpful, informative but not pushy, and fun to meet with. Not only was the food flawlessly presented and so tasty, but Mary and her team went the extra mile, even sending a server up to our bridal suite with hors d'oeuvres so we wouldn't miss out on all the deliciousness. Mary also served as our coordinator for the entire day, helping move along and organize the ceremony, cocktail hour, toasts, dances, and of course, the eating and drinking. We couldn't have asked for a better overall experience. If there were tiny hiccups, like the flowers we had set aside not making it on to the cake, I'm sure it was because we forgot to communicate it! I would recommend the Casual Gourmet to anyone having a wedding on the Cape.

Sent on 01/08/2014

Tara · Married on 09/21/2013

Our wedding cake was fantastic. We brought a picture of what we liked and they were able to make it. We got so many compliments on it that day and it was delicious!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/21/2013

Olive and her team at Casual Gourmet were outstanding. When we met Olive we instantly fell in love with her professionalism, honesty and felt extremely comfortable working with her. Not only was the food outstanding but Olive was there every step of the way. Olive and her team were patient with us when we kept changing the menu and firm when we needed her to be! Not only was Olive our caterer but she became a friend that we will keep in touch with in the years to come. The thing in remember most about our experience with Olive was during cocktail hour she came and found my husband and I. She pulled us away to come and see the tent before anyone else saw it. If it wasn't for her thoughtfulness, professionalism and foresight we would never have had that experience that we will treasure forever. I would and will recommend Casual Gourmet to everyone. You all are the BEST!!

Sent on 12/24/2013

kathryn · Married on 09/21/2013

Stephanie was an absolute pleasure to work with. Our wedding was the most amazing day and it would not have been such a success without her expert help.

Claire · Married on 09/14/2013

The Casual Gourmet was recommended by just about everyone we talked to on the Cape and it is very easy to see why. We threw them some challenges: create a menu representing Cape Cod cuisine with Brazilian and Korean thrown in. They nailed it! From the first moments creating the menu to the tasting to the organization of the wedding day, it was such a pleasure to work with Olive, Sarah and especially Sofia who coordinated everything for the actual event. Our guests not only complimented the delicious and very gourmet hors d'oeuvres and dinner throughout the night but also the personalized and keen attention that the whole staff paid to them. We really appreciated the expert coordination and the caring attitude. Working with Casual Gourmet, you will not only have an excellent caterer but a creative and committed partner to making sure the wedding day is everything you want it to be.

Sent on 09/22/2013

Natalie · Married on 09/14/2013

Casual Gourmet was absolutly fantastic and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterrer. Extremely professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 01/07/2014

Darcy · Married on 09/08/2013

A change in plans left me in need of a wedding cake two weeks before our big day. I was so glad Casual Gourmet was able to provide a delicious, beautiful cake on such short notice. I worked with Marcy and she immediately honed in on what I was looking for in a cake and made design suggestions that were spot on. The tasting was a lot of fun (seven healthy slices of cake and as many decadent fillings!). I went with the lemon cake with raspberry jam filling for my late summer wedding and it was the perfect finish to our clam bake reception. I cannot wait for our anniversary so I can taste that cake once again!

Sent on 10/02/2013

kathie · Married on 09/07/2013

Casual gourmet was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Mary helped me with every aspect of the event including excellent vendor recommendations,and was particularly flexible and responsive. We produced a a backyard wedding reception that was casual and elegant, a perfect event. I highly recommend the casual gourmet for wedding catering and planning. Thank you Mary!

Annie · Married on 08/24/2013

Stephanie and her team at Casual Gourmet made my wedding what is was. Everything went off without a hitch. We had a very large wedding party and she wrangled is together and told us what to do (which we needed) a few things popped up that could've been a problem and they jumped right on it, you'd never know. They were great, the food and cake were amazing. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 12/29/2013

ashley · Married on 08/17/2013

Casual Gourmet was my first choice for catering my wedding. I thought that they were just caterers but they are so much more. Casual Gourmet also helps you plan out your schedule for the wedding day as well as directs the other vendors while everything is set up.

I originally won a free wedding cake but the company went out of business a week before my wedding and didn't tell me. Causal Gourmet informed me of the issue and on the Wednesday before my Saturday wedding allowed me to add a cake and full design to my order!

I can't imagine that there is a better caterer on the Cape, they made the wedding and our guests are still talking about the food they served, it's beyond delicious!

Kristin · Married on 08/17/2013

Casual Gourmet was a dream to work with. They served incredible food, were unbelievably organized and helped us plan for all of the little details ahead of time so the day of the wedding everything was flawless. Would highly recommend Olive and her team to anyone looking to have an event. It is sure to be special, classy and go off without a hitch!

Sent on 01/02/2014