Casual Gourmet Reviews

150 | Centerville, MA

150 Reviews for Casual Gourmet

Caitlin · Married on 10/15/2016

Casual Gourmet is fantastic! Every guest at our wedding raved about the cake and the food. It was a total hit. I HIGHLY recommend their services! :)

Sent on 10/26/2016

Sharon · Married on 10/15/2016

I appreciated all the help and guidance planning our rehearsal dinner in Harwich Port. The food was delicious and presented in such a nice way, including decorating with seasonal pumpkins and gourds. The staff was so friendly and so professional. Clean up was terrific. All of this added to the wonderful time everyone had. I will certainly recommend Casual Gourmet to friends.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Shannon · Married on 10/08/2016

Working with Olive and her team at Casual Gourmet was seamless. They handled every little detail and made our planning process so easy. There was a threat of a Hurricane the week of our Ocean Front Reception and Olive was able to keep us calm and have a back up plan! I would HIGHLY recommend working with Casual Gourmet. The food was not your traditional boring wedding food. The appetizers were creative and delicious and fit the reception perfectly! People are still talking about the food! Especially the raw bar!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Catherine · Married on 10/08/2016

The Casual Gourmet did an incredible job catering our wedding at Highfield Hall! We could not have been happier. From start to finish, they thought of every detail and were so on top of everything. The staff at The Casual Gourmet was so easy to work with and incredibly professional throughout the whole process. In particular, Mary Lyons did an amazing job! She happily answered all our questions and honored all our requests. The Casual Gourmet also provides a day-of-coordinator. Our coordinator was Kelly Field and she did a fantastic job! We didn’t have to worry about a thing on our wedding day. She took care of everything! Not only did we love our caterers, our guests could not stop raving about them either! They were so impressed with how on top of everything the staff was and loved the food! We got so many compliments about the food and service and we wholeheartedly agree. The staff was so professional and the food was absolutely amazing (and we would know because we actually had time to eat!). Kelly and her wait staff made sure we were well fed throughout the night. Also, the Casual Gourmet made our wedding cake and it was absolutely beautiful not to mention delicious! We would highly recommend The Casual Gourmet to anyone getting married on the Cape! We can’t thank them enough for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Megan · Married on 09/03/2016

Where do I begin to describe just how incredible Olive and the Casual Gourmet staff were to have as a part of our wedding. I can honestly say that there is no way our wedding would have run as smoothly as it did without Olive and her incredible staff.

First lets talk about the food. The food is incredible, and both my husband and I come from large Italian families who are very picky about food, and we are still hearing from our friends and family about how it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. On top of that, I have celiac disease and a dairy allergy and Olive and her staff made it so easy for our wedding food to be allergy friendly, and they even made me a vegan/gluten free wedding cake tier which was AMAZING.

We got married at a private estate, so there were many moving pieces, with many vendors. For over a year Olive and her staff worked with us to make sure everything was being arranged and planned well. She was honest with her opinions when I maybe had something in mind that just wasn't realistic, and I think that really helped me stay on track, and plan a wonderful wedding. Olive was also there with her staff days before our wedding making sure our vendors were staying on track, and things were running according to plan. I knew that because we had Casual Gourmet working with us that there really was nothing we had to worry about on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Megan · Married on 09/03/2016

But honestly, when you hire Olive and her Casual Gourmet staff you are getting so much more than incredible food, you are getting the support and organization from one of the most respected caterers on Cape Cod, I would even go as for to say all of New England. Olive has incredible relationships with all of the vendors we worked with (all of them LOVE working with her), and was able to make sure that our wedding day ran so smoothly. We got married at a private estate, so there were many moving pieces, with many vendors.

I knew that because we had Casual Gourmet working with us that there really was nothing we had to worry about on our wedding day. I could go on and on, but honestly there is no one better than Olive and Casual Gourmet, I can't recommend this company highly enough.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Kate · Married on 07/30/2016

The Casual Gourmet is absolutely amazing. I can't say enough good things about them. They did the catering for our wedding of 130 people at a tented, outdoor wedding on the water. From the first time we started working with them, they were exceptional. Throughout the process we worked with Mary, Kelly and Olive. All three are top-notch. They work their magic with professionalism, poise and they truly care about their clients and are committed to their work. The food was UNREAL. Our tasting was fully plated, absolutely delicious and every single appetizer was better than the next. We went with the beef tenderloin and seared scallops for our main and the caprese stack for a salad. Short rib wrapped in bacon was the hit of the evening on the appetizer side. The cake was perfect and exactly what we wanted. We tried a few different cake options and honestly, every combination was awesome. Thank you for making our wedding day so special. If you're doing a cape cod wedding or event, look no further. They even helped faciliate and coordinate the vendors, who they partner with very closely, and acted as my day-of wedding coordinator.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Nancy · Married on 07/23/2016

Casual Gourmet was the perfect choice for us. They helped us every step of the way: from choosing the superb food we had at the wedding to the details of picking linens, the tent type, etc. The contact person we had at Casual Gourmet was superb (it was like having a built in wedding planner.) It made our wedding planning experience truly enjoyable.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Jackie · Married on 07/16/2016

Every aspect of working with Olive, Kelly and the team at Casual Gourmet made the planning process easier and allowed us to feel confident going into our wedding day -- and they absolutely delivered on both the food and coordination that day! Our venue came with nothing but running water, so it was extremely helpful having Casual Gourmet to make recommendations for things like tent, tables, ceremony benches, bathroom trailers and more! We also used their advice on things like DJ and florist since they are so experienced and have done so many beautiful weddings on the Cape. Over email, phone calls and multiple face-to-face meetings, Olive helped us structure the schedule for our day, pick an amazing menu and even came to the rehearsal. Wedding planning can be stressful since most of us have no experience planning this type of event -- but Olive's extensive experience put us at ease with so much of the decision making. The wedding day went flawlessly and all our guests were raving about the hors d'oeuvres and entrees. Not sure what else to say, Casual Gourmet is amazing and I would recommend to anyone having a Cape wedding!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Kathy · Married on 05/29/2016

Yum, Yummy, Yummo! Casual Gourmet hosted our wedding at Highfield Hall in Falmouth this past Spring. The food from Casual Gourmet is the most delicious! Guests raved about it all, fun and scrumptious apps, full plates, I mean to the brim, with perfectly cooked meats, and fresh spring vegetables, and the cake. Have you had their cakes? Gorgeous to look at and gorgeous to eat!
    Casual Gourmet helped to make our wedding beautiful, worry free and tasty from beginning to end. Mary Lyons, our coordinator, was fantastic! Always helping to guide us through the process, but also letting us decide on the things we liked and preferred for our day. That made me the happiest!
    All of the staff are extremely professional, talented, and courteous. Bon Appetite!

Sent on 06/29/2016

Casey · Married on 10/17/2015

Olive crushed it for us. Not only did she make one of the best wedding meals I've ever had, but she helped us through the entire wedding process offering tons of useful advice from her years of experience. From how much and what types of booze to buy to the overall flow of the entire ceremony and reception, Olive was there every step of the way to ensure an amazing evening to remember. I highly recommend her to anyone planning a wedding or large event. Oh, and the cake was phenomenal!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Christine · Married on 10/10/2015

This place is the best! I have gluten free issues, and they did our cake and cupcakes for our wedding. First of all at the tasting my husband actually said "are you sure these are GF?" There GF cakes and cupcakes you would never know are. I have never tasted a GF cupcake or piece of cake anywhere that didn't taste "different". But not at Casual Gourmet, they are moist, tasty and you would never know they are GF. They have great filling to choose from and types of frosting. Because of this, all the cupcakes were GF, and no one knew any different. Before the wedding i bought some for a 4th of July party to test them out. Not one person questioned, people even had 2nds and 3rds. I now will drive to the Cape to get them. They even had those at my Bridal Shower. Hands down this place is the best. They delivered both the cake and the cupcakes to Coonamessett Inn. No matter what you are looking for, check them out as they are worth every penny

Sent on 12/19/2015

Kristina · Married on 10/03/2015

The Casual Gourmet is one of the best vendors that we worked with for our wedding! I am a super picky eater and eating healthy, local food is very important to me - and many of my friends and family. I wanted our wedding catering to be nutritious, delicious, and fun. The Casual Gourmet was AMAZING. We had our wedding at a cranberry bog / barn and the decor that The Casual Gourmet came with was absolutely fantastic! They worked with us through meetings planning our menu, visiting our venue, and walking us through a an amazing rehearsal! We wanted to have food stations instead of a buffet line or a plated dinner, because I wanted my guests to be able to customize their food. The Casual Gourmet totally delivered! We had a self-serve garden station with fresh salads, Mediterranean tastings (hummus, tabouleh, pita), and a smorgasbord of grilled vegetables that I fell in love with. We also had a "make your own chowder" station -- which got complements (and tons of visits) all night! Guests loved the ability to customize their vegetarian cream based chowder with scallops, shrimp, clams, chourico, different types of potato, corn, onions, and more! Our main station was a taco station due to my LOVE for fish tacos. The Casual Gourmet set up the station so that people could make their own tacos with grilled white fish, turkey, or no meat at all. There were so many toppings (black bean salad, corn salad, cheese, grilled peppers and onions, pico de gallo, cilantro creme) that I can't remember all of them off the top of my head. It was fantastic! For cocktail hour, The Casual Gourmet provided us with so many assorted cheeses that we have a ton leftover and are excited to eat for the days to come, as well as vegetables and fruit. We also used their coffee and tea service for dessert. We had a friend make our wedding cake, but if I didn't have her make our cake, I would have certainly gone with The Casual Gourmet. I can't say enough for how much extra effort they put in!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/02/2015

Our ceremonial cake from Casual Gourmet was amazing! I wanted a specific design and it came out perfect! And even though we were just ordering a small cake, they were more than willing to do the full tasting which was really fun. And of course it tasted great too! Such nice people, and quality work.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Chrissy and Justin · Married on 09/25/2015

The cake was beyond beautiful and was delicious!!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Rosemary · Married on 09/13/2015

The Casual Gourmet did the cake for our wedding last September on Cape Cod and it was delicious!! We actually needed a gluten free cake and I was terrified by what this meant for our non gluten free guests. I should not have worried at all. No one ever would have been able to guess that what they ate was gluten free. It was moist and flavorful and not at all like some of the heavy/dry gluten free cakes out there. Plus I LOVED that lemon cake was available as a gluten free option! Most bakeries only had vanilla or chocolate. We did lemon cake with lemon curd filling!! Yum!! It even tasted good after a year in the freezer when we had it again for our anniversary.

As for decorations they had a ton of pretty options, but we just wanted a simple, elegant white cake with real flowers (from our florist) on the top. They did a beautiful job with this as well.

I would highly recommend Casual Gourmet to anyone looking for a wedding cake on Cape Cod... gluten free or otherwise... I only wish I could click my heels and transport myself from NJ to the cape for another slice right now!

Sent on 09/21/2016

We used Casual Gourmet through Ocean Edge Resort for our wedding cake/cupcakes. They worked with me on special designs and the cupcakes were unreal! Highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Daniel · Married on 06/13/2015

Amazing from start to finish. Helped us pic everything and supplied a truly amazing event coordinator that was absolutely amazing

Sent on 06/17/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/06/2015

Casual Gourmet was the required baker for our venue, so we didn't do any comparisons, but we didn't need to. We got so many compliments on how delicious it was. We went back and forth with them several times in coming up with a design and they were responsive and created a beautiful cake.

Sent on 09/12/2015

Michelle · Married on 06/05/2015

We ordered our wedding cake with Casual Gourmet after they were at the wedding venue night taste testing party that our venue had. We booked them right away after tasting their delicious cake and we were also impressed with their presentation. The cakes looked gorgeous!!! Kelly was awesome to work with and was created a beautiful cake for us, we were so happy when we saw it! Would definitely recommend them to anyone and would love to order from them again!!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Andrea · Married on 10/18/2014

Nothing but praise for the Casual Gourmet wedding cake we had. It was gorgeous, exactly what we wanted, if not even better than imagined. I'd post a picture here if I could! Not only was it beautiful but delicious too. They made choosing flavors, fillings, frosting, and design all do-able. Great people to work with, fairly priced, and thank goodness they deliver!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Amazing work- Olive and her team are the best on the Cape!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Casual Gourmet delivered on their commitment...the service was professional, attention to details, the food was delicious, our wedding cake.....simply beautiful and delicious!

Casual Gourmet also provided a wedding coordinator in their services and that was simply one of the best decisions we made! Mary L. was just superb and paid attention to every detail as she arranged all our items.........bringing our vision to life...we simply enjoyed our day knowing that Casual Gourmet had handled everything perfectly. Every dish we selected was delicious and our guest were delighted and talked about how perfect everything was... Thank you Casual Gourmet and you would most certainly always come highly recommended!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Ali · Married on 09/20/2014

The Casual Gourmet was excellent from start to finish. The owner (Olive Chase) was organized and super knowledgeable, making our lives easier throughout the process. Working with them was basically like having a wedding planner - they were very helpful and efficient. The best part was obviously the food; which was outstanding and we are continuing to receive compliments about the food and presentation. I would highly recommend this caterer to anyone and will always remember this aspect of our wedding fondly.

Sent on 10/16/2014
  • User4520087 · 2+ years ago

I had no worries the day of my wedding. I didn't have to worry bout the time and was guided the whole day by the event coordinator provided to me. My guests are still, 2 months later, talking bout how great the food was at the wedding. Everyone on the staff was very professional and was a pleasure working with.

Sent on 11/02/2014