Castlewood Country Club Reviews

Castlewood Country Club 5
Castlewood Country Club 6
Castlewood Country Club 7

Lindsey · Married on 08/04/2018

Such a great team of people to work with. Love that food, beverage, tables and chairs were all at the venue.

Sent on 08/20/2018
    Castlewood Country Club 14
    Castlewood Country Club 15
    Castlewood Country Club 16

Arshi · Married on 09/23/2017

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! Randie was fantastic to work with. She went above and beyond to accommodate our every need for our wedding day. She was prompt with her e-mail responses, knowledgeable, patient, and attentive to detail. Thank you Randie for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 10/11/2017

D · Married on 11/21/2015

Our daughters wedding reception was held at Castlewood 11/2015. The venue is beautiful. The ballroom host 300 guest. The separate bar and patio area accommodated our guest during cocktail hour. The food and service was excellent. I must also mention our fabulous day of wedding coordinator Jessica Arnold! Jessica is professional and made sure our wedding party and guest were taken care of during this event.

Sent on 01/12/2016

We had our wedding at Castlewood in 2015 and it was amazing. The ballroom for the reception fits about 300 people with high ceiling and chandeliers. The ceremony took place outdoors under a large tree which provided shade for our guests on a hot summer day. The facilities are well maintained. The best part of this venue was the wedding coordinator, Jessica. She made the entire wedding process so stress free. We did not have to worry about a thing because she had everything under control (before the wedding and day-of) and she also packed up our car (with all the wedding gifts, dresses, etc) so that after the wedding we could just hop into our car and leave. Unfortunately, I believe she no longer works there, so hopefully they found a coordinator just as good as she was.

Sent on 12/20/2015

Devin · Married on 03/28/2015

Just had our wedding at Castlewood Country Club this March, 2015. We booked them late Spring of 2014. Their wedding coordinator, Jessica, was fabulous. She made the planning so much less stressful than it could have been. Very flexible and accommodating and the wedding day went so smooth and perfect I couldn't have asked for a more affordable, beautiful and stunning wedding venue!

Sent on 04/08/2015

Jennifer · Married on 11/08/2013

We had our wedding there and it was prefect. Karen and her team were professional and very easy to work with. We loved it! Thank you to Karen and her staff for a perfect evening!

Sent on 11/25/2013
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/05/2013

If I could give them a million stars I would. They made my wedding day the most magical day ever. I not only became a client but I feel like they became family.

Karen, the coordinator was above and beyond amazing. I loved working with her and would do it all over again.

The location was beautiful. there were so many gorgeous places to get so many amazing pictures.

Sent on 11/15/2013
  • Z

Hanna · Married on 09/18/2010

My husband and I could not have picked a more beautiful venue than Castlewood Country Club. Our outdoor wedding was exquisit! The grounds are so green and so well taken care of, our guests couldn't stop taking pictures of themselves surrounded by the beautiful scenery. And inside, there is no need for much decor to have a beautiful & sophisticated atmosphere. The bar area is great & grand ball room even more impressive with its many beautiful chandeliers.
    The staff is so friendly & served delicious meals in a timely manner to all our guests. Malek, one of the staff is perhaps the sweetest man alive. He must have congratulated us at least 20 times that night. And of course, the new coordinator Karen Amstoy is simply the best. She knows what she is doing. I appreciated her quick responses to all my concerns & inquiries. She is a dynamo and I can't thank her enough. She put me at ease taking care of all the little details making sure our big day ran smoothly. Our day couldn't have gone over better. We were so well taken care of that day & night.
    We would definitely recommend Castlewood for any future brides. It is a big bang for your buck!

Sent on 05/03/2012

Castle wood was beautiful and the event coordinator was very helpful as I pestered her with questions a few days before the wedding.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Barbara · Married on 04/26/2009

Everything was great. They made everything so easy! AWESOME. Loved working with Jami!

Sent on 05/19/2009

Clara · Married on 08/04/2018

We had our wedding in August 2018 at Castlewood Country Club. Throughout our planning, Randie Hill was a delight to work with. She was also our day-of coordinator. Her professionalism and attention to detail greatly contributed to us having a beautiful wedding. I really appreciated that she set the right expectations from the very beginning of what was allowed and what was not for our wedding day at the venue. She was able to answer our multiple rounds of questions/inquiries regarding the specifics. Given that we did not have a wedding planner, and it was the first time for both of us were organizing a party that large -- her insight was pretty valuable.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Elise · Married on 09/17/2017

We had a lovely wedding and we have always loved this place. Thanks to Randie for her patience with me, believe me I can be difficult. The guests were raving about the food to my relief! So glad they changed the lounge carpets and ballroom drapes in time.

I do wish the club has a few more things they can provide that I dont have to rent like more decent chairs maybe?

Overall everything was great!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Castlewood Country Club's reply:

So glad to hear that your wedding was a great success! We understand the inconvenience of renting chairs; however we thank you for your business and we hope to celebrate future events with you and your family. We have plans to acquire new banquet chairs in the near future.

Julie · Married on 07/28/2018

3.0

Many guests stated that the buffet line was taken down too soon. Also, as the bride, I came back to my table after taking sunset pictures and my plate was gone. I was not able to eat at all that night. Paying so much money, that made me a little sad.

Sent on 08/24/2018
  • heyitscatie

Catie · Married on 07/18/2009

Jami from Castlewood was great to work with. She made the planning process really easy for us. The Ballroom was beautiful and the event manager during the reception was easy to work with. I believe our reception ran pretty flawlessly. There were just a couple of confusing points (based on Castlewood's menu) that mixed things up with our guests, but other than that, Castlewood is a beautiful venue nestled in the hills of Pleasanton.

Sent on 07/30/2009

Lorraine · Married on 09/02/2017

The outside venue was kept very clean and nice. I loved how our package came with refreshments for the guest at our outdoor ceremony. Communication with Castlewood staffs was very easy and fast. I never had any problem getting a hold of them. I felt the food options and portions was really good. I loved their New York Steak and Chicken Marsala. In terms of hors d'oeuvres, I liked their Beef Wellington, Won Ton Ahi Tuna, and Scallop Wrapped Bacon. Everyone felt the Mahi Mahi fish was very fishy. A lot of the guest could not finish the Mahi Mahi.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Rafaela · Married on 06/10/2017

3.0

The wedding itself was awesome. My in-laws are members and we've been going there for a while now. The food was amazing!
    The only problem we had was that by the end of the night we found out one of our guest's cars had been broken into. Somebody stole a bag whit their credit cards and passports (they're from Brazil). Nobody reported it to us and one week later nobody from the Country Club contacted us to say anything, not even to apologize for the lack of security in their parking lots. I mean, in a place like that, the least thing you will expect is somebody breaking into cars.

Sent on 06/18/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/28/2017

4.2
      3.0

Castlewood is a beautiful place. However, they are very busy and have specific visiting hours and to try to find time to view your wedding site can be tricky. They are also an older venue which doesn't allow many different new ages things. i.e. Ballon drops or flower drops, rice, faux petals etc. Regardless the end result of my wedding was gorgeous.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Jennifer · Married on 08/20/2005

2.0
      3.0

Castlewood is a beautiful place to get married!

Sent on 03/20/2009

jessica · Married on 12/28/2007

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

A beautiful & great location. Reasonably priced & open to creative minds. Hint: Have your wedding around christmas & enjoy their amazing decorations for free!

Sent on 02/12/2008