Castle Avalon Reviews

Castle Avalon View more information

• Emery
    Emery Married on 10/30/2021

The best kind of excited

Susan was amazing at answering my emails to schedule an appointment to view as well as being a dream when we actually went out and saw the castle. You can tell just how much love and effort is put into the building and the weddings it houses. I can't wait to have my wedding at Castle Avalon, I know it'll be perfect!
    Kerra B. Married on 10/10/2020

Fairy Tale

I have met with Susan twice and had numerous phone calls before hiring the Castle Avalon . My FH and I were fortunate to met the owner yesterday also . Speaking with him and listening to the history behind the castle was fascinating . Susan was and has been unbelievably helpful and kind .
    Not only are we getting married in a castle out of a fairy tale , but we are getting married in a place built from a vision of love for his wife and family . That alone says more then most venues around . I’m extremely excited to have my wedding surrounded by this energy !
  • Pamela
    Pamela Married on 12/29/2019

Stunning venue & service

Why wouldn’t you want to be married in the most beautiful castle in TX?! Castle Avalon, and especially Susan, is the most amazing venue for your wedding. I knew driving into the entrance gates then the winding road it was something special. Once you see the castle you are sold. The grounds are impeccable. The garden ceremony option is breathtaking. The ballroom- took us back in time to Paris. Amazing service- not 1 issue. Flawless wedding day & Susan cried more than me! They care. Bottom line. Book it. Your wedding will be everything you ever dreamed of .
  • I
    Isis Married on 12/14/2019

Dream come true

I cant begin to explain how grateful we are with Susan! Excellent service and attention. She prepared itinerary for the wedding for everyone to follow!.. if i was to get married again obviously with the same man i would do it at Castle Avalon!!
    Jami Married on 03/22/2018
    Castle Avalon is a beautiful hidden gem in the Hill Country. Once you enter the Castle gates and down the winding driveway, you will start to see the top of the Castle emerge from the many Oak trees on property. This location in nothing less than amazing for any special event, especially weddings! The foyer entry is extraordinary! The 16th century authentic jousting Knight amours stand on each side of the wooden stair case which frames the spectacular unicorn and fairy stained glass window. The Queen's room is the perfect place for a Bride to feel like royalty while she is getting ready for her big day. For the Groom, there is a Man Cave to spend time in and get ready for the wedding. My favorite part of the Castle is the ballroom, it is breath taking! The matching Swarovski Crystal chandeliers and hand painted ceiling give the ballroom a soft magical glow. Especially once the sunset light comes through the ballroom windows. The garden courtyard is an intimate setting for a wedding ceremony for any couple to say "I do." Complete with a green archway and stone isle pathway with a wood garden gate, gives a "The Secret Garden" feeling. I have attended to a couple wedding at the Castle; I feel Castle Avalon is a must visit for any couple that is looking for a unique location to have their wedding and or reception. Susan Chauret is the Castle event coordinator, she is amazing to work with for Brides to get the wedding of their dreams.
    Stephanie Married on 03/22/2018
    We had our dream wedding at Castle Avalon—this venue is amazing! From the walled garden where the wedding ceremony was held, to the ballroom for the reception with floor to ceiling windows and gorgeous chandeliers and painted ceiling just like the one in Beauty and the Beast. And then there is Susan. Susan is one of the sweetest, most helpful ladies we’ve had the pleasure of working with. She coordinated everything the day of so that I didn’t have to. And she was there throughout the planning process, helping us iron out details and even having the other vendors we’d picked come out and tour the Castle. Everything went so well! Everyone was telling us how beautiful and perfect it was a how much fun they had (—I don’t think people wanted to leave!). We had a wonderful time and I don’t think it’s too much to say it was the best day of our lives. Thank you!!!

Castle Avalon's reply:

Stephanie and John,
    Thank you so very much for your kind words.
    It certainly was a fun wedding, wasn't it!
    Not only did I enjoy you both, your families made your event extra special too!
    John, I'm looking forward to keeping in touch with your Mom. Remember, you need to take that Fredericksburg trip and when you do, stop by the castle!
    Stephanie, keep sending pictures! They are gorgeous!! Every time I pick a favorite, you send another that I like even better!! Blessings, Susan
    Melissa Married on 02/18/2018
    From the very beginning to well past the end this venue was beyond amazing. Every email, every text, every face to face meeting I felt like I was the only person getting married there. Susan had cards all over her table of vendors to pick from. The ones she handed us were a perfect fit for our team. My photographer and his dj and photo booth partners, the cake and florist, I loved working with them all. The day of my wedding went crazy due to a late arrival but thay didn't stop Susan at castle avalon. She made sure I and the groom were taken care of while we waited, rearranged things to made sure the guests were having fun. One thing after another was going wrong that day but I don't think our wedding day would have gone half as smoothly if it was not for her. I want to thank Susan and castle avalon staff for absolutely everything they have done, YOU made my wedding perfect.
    Maddie Married on 06/03/2017
    Oh my goodness my weddin was perfect because of the Castle Avalon and Susan, who took care of everything, and the super sweet team that works there. They were so kind and helpful and wanted everything to be perfect so it was!!! Love love love!!
    Angie Married on 05/28/2016
    From the moment we entered the castle, I knew Castle Avalon was the absolute perfect location for our daughter's wedding. Not only is the castle absolutely breathtaking on it's own, but the wedding coordinator, Susan, made every step of the planning process absolutely stress free. That's not an easy feat, and trust me, I'm a perfectionist and do not give complements that aren't earned. Susan contacted every vendor we contracted with several times to be sure every detail was covered and that there would be no surprises. This wedding for our daughter was a dream come true and was even more beautiful and anything we could have wished for. I would most definitely recommend using Castle Avalon for your wedding and reception. It was well worth every penny and then some!!! Susan is an absolute gem and will help you every step of the way. You will not find that anywhere!!!!!
    Ashlee Married on 11/15/2014
    Castle Avalon was one of our first choices for venues when looking at different places for our wedding. We finally booked an appointment to take a tour of the venue. It was clear that's where we wanted to have our wedding even if it meant cutting budget in other places. Inside and outside this place is a perfect setting for a wedding. A big bonus on top of that is working with Susan, she was such a sweetheart and on our wedding day she was calm and made sure everything went smoothly. We had originally booked the gardens, but sadly we did not get to use the gardens for our ceremony due to rainy and wet weather. Since it was wet we did not even get photos, but if you get the fortune of having a beautiful sunny day it is stunning. We made the best of the ceremony being indoors and it still look gorgeous. I am very happy we stuck with our original choice.
    Shemetra Married on 07/20/2014
    Awesome venue, Susan is the most wonderful coodinator-- kind, caring, understanding and most of all professional!
    I could go on and on and on...Castle Avalon helped to create the perfect day for me!
    Vanessa Married on 06/14/2014
    Castle Avalon is the best venue for a wedding! It is so dreamy and will make any bride feel like a princess. I had my ceremony in the garden and it was just amazing, my reception was in the ballroom which was also amazing! Everyone was so impressed with the venue, I couldn't have picked a better place! Susan the event coordinator was also wonderful she helped every step of the way! LOVE this venue! Made my dreams come true!
    Jean Married on 06/13/2013
    Susan at Castle Avalon is WONDERFUL. When we first met with her and decided to have the wedding there we thought she was very nice and professional. As time went on we were impressed how she knew all the right questions to ask, things we didn't even know we wanted or needed. She remembered every detail that might have been mentioned. She gave us great advice and didn't try to run up the bill by selling us on things we wouldn't need. When the bride got nervous on the wedding day she helped keep everyone calm. She contacted the florist, linen company, DJ, caterer all herself and arranged how and when things would be organized to make everything run smoothly. Our DJ had an emergency and didn't show up, Susan got on the phone and had another one there in no time and we actually paid less for the company she called. If not for her we would not have had the wonderful outcome that we did.
    Jan Married on 06/10/2012
    I don't even know where to begin. From the moment I met with the people at Castle Avalon I knew this was where I wanted to have my wedding. They not only met my expectations, they went above and beyond. The driveway leading to the castle gives you a sense of being in another world. The majestic oak trees and natural beauty of the Texas hillcountry. Thank you all so much for everything. I would recommend Castle Avalon to anyone wanting a spectacular wedding and reception.
    Happy Married on 06/02/2012
    I was guest at this wedding and I am recently engaged myself. I was very impressed with the place and staff was very friendly as well. I chatted with the wedding coordinator,Susan and she answers a lot of my questions. I was also able to talk with the owner and he was just as pleasant.
    Christina Married on 11/11/2011
    I just want to say thank you so much to the staff at Castle Avalon. Susan was so amazing and easy to work with!!! She made my wedding day the most magical and special day of my life. I know that without all of her help, my special day would have not been as amazing as she made it. She has so much experience and because of that she completely guided me through the big and small decisions. She completely stuck to our budget and got us connected to the best vendors we could have ever dreamed of using. I 100% would and do recommend using Castle Avalon and Susan as your venue and event coordinator.... She truly was a blessing in disguise and because of her hard work and dedication to my wedding I got to feel like a princess who got to marry my prince charming in the most beautiful and magical place I could have ever imagined getting married at. I still get teary eyed thinking about how magical that day was and I owe it all to her for taking the time to make it that way. I would also like to thank the owner for building such a beautiful and amazing venue for people like me to get married at.
  • Samanda
    Samanda Married on 10/29/2011
    We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Castle Avalon and after months of stressing and planning, it all came together and was even more beautiful and stress free than I had ever imagined. Susan, the coordinator, is AWESOME! She is sweet as can be and very accomdating and happy to do whatever she could to make our day everything we wanted it to be. My Dad is still talking about how great she is and how she did a great job of taking care of everything. The owner is also very involved and is also very accomodating and wants to make sure that the wedding party and guests enjoy their time at the Castle.

The venue is gorgeous and magical and for weeks our guests are still commenting on how it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to, which I agree! I would highly recommend Castle Avlon and would suggest visiting for yourself to see how beatiful the venue is because pictures just don't do it justice.
    Madlyn Married on 10/11/2011
    My Grandson recently had his ceremony and reception at Castle Avalon. What a magnificient venue - perfect in every way!!!! From beginning to end, everything just flowed perfectly. Vendors provided by Ms. Susan Chauret, Event Coordinator were absolutely flawless.
    Guests and family members,, several from out of state raved about the Castle setting (a fairy tale wedding) the food - and the great DJ who had everyone on the dance floor The set-up in the ballroom was exactly what we relayed to Ms Chauret - what an outstanding job - making this a dream wedding come true
    Castle Avalon is truly a "magical place"
    Samandcam Married on 06/25/2011
    Castle Avalon is a once in a lifetime experience. We just had our wedding there and had an AMAZING time. The event coordinator was extremely helpful in making sure our big day was perfect for us. They were very good about meeting our needs and accomodated us in a couple of special requests. As the bride, I feel like I got my fairytale wedding! Thank you Castle Avalon and thank you S. for making our experience one that we will never forget.
    Jennifer Married on 04/30/2011
    Wonderful and amazing!
    Sara Married on 11/02/2014
    Susan and everyone at Castle Avalon are great!! The venue is beautiful and Susan made me feel comfortable. I knew I had nothing to worry about because she would take care of it. When you book here you are getting more than a venue; you are getting an experience, wonderful memories for you and your guests, and maybe most importantly a day of coordinator!!
  • User1115141 2+ years ago
    Guests are still raving about our venue. It was truly beautiful and unique, who else can say they got married in a castle? The castle is just perfect for a smaller wedding celebration and since the place is so naturally beautiful, you don't need to spend a lot on extra decor, etc. The staff is wonderfully helpful and offer great vendor recommendations. The only downside is that you only get 4 hours for both ceremony and reception, which is a really short time. I felt like I spent the entire day just rushing to do this and that. I didn't even get a moment to stop and savor the moment. But, in the end, it was a beautiful event and can't thank the staff enough for all of their hard work to make it unforgettable.
  • User895071 2+ years ago
    I had an amazing wedding at Caslte Avalon my wedding was cut short because I arrived late but was all worth it!

• User2106233 2+ years ago
    I really loved having my wedding at Castle Avalon. The setting was beautiful and everyone was amazed at how royal my wedding looked. As the Castle is very busy with many MANY weddings it was hard to arrange a time to talk about the details and day of information about my wedding until the day had nearly arrived it made me a little anxious at how everything would flow the day of. I was able to set up the ballroom the evening before so that everything was set and ready to go!
    Casey Married on 05/16/2014
    I absolutely loved Castle Avalon the moment I saw it. We had a beautiful wedding! Susan is also fantastic. My florist was late, and Susan put together lovely bouquets for me and my bridesmaids right before the ceremony with extra roses we had. She is excellent at making you feel like you don't need to worry and stress--she scheduled arrival times with all my vendors. Luckily the weather was perfect, so the ceremony in the garden was beautiful and made stunning photos. All of my guests loved the venue. It's so unique! I highly recommend it. The prices are reasonable especially for the venue.