Castillo Serralles Reviews

11 Reviews for Castillo Serralles

• Megan

Megan · Married on 05/19/2019

Amazing Job, WONDERFUL Team, and Gorgeous Location

The team at Museo Castillo Serralles was absolutely amazing! Luciris and Wilfredo were always quick to respond to my many, many questions. I live in Dallas and since my wedding was a destination wedding, I was not able to view the location until I arrived in Ponce; however, the grounds and venue were exactly as described and looked even better in person than in pictures. We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the location and it turned out better than I had anticipated. I used the partial wedding services (so glad that I did) and Luciris took the time to meet with me, my fiancee, and my family a few days prior to our wedding to go over the details and fine tune everything. I was so happy that everything turned out as expected and I would absolutely recommend Museo Castillo Serralles.

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • User3220291 · 2+ years ago

This place was just perfect!!!!!!!! The view alone is worth it, but everything else is just incredible. My guests still are talking about the view. Also, the staff was so easy to work with and made it so much easier. Everyone should get married here!!!!

Sent on 12/12/2013

Beautiful place. Very romantic. They were very flexible and accommodate it to our requests.

Sent on 03/25/2013

The Japanese Garden is the most romantic and beautiful place to have your wedding reception. My coordinators Isis Padilla and Wilfredo Roman were attentive, and professional throughout the entire wedding planning process until the day of the wedding. Isis made sure my tables were decorated the way my husband and I anticipated, and she was with me during the entire reception. This is the best place with awesome coordinators in Ponce, Puerto Rico to have your wedding.

Sent on 12/13/2012

Rut · Married on 11/18/2012

This is only the venue for you if you're willing to spend some good cash... It will set the bar too high for the rest of your wedding (deco, music, dress, attire, cake). You will spend at least $12,000 to catch up with the beauty of this venue. If you don't have that money, don't even think about it.

Sent on 12/05/2012

Ruth · Married on 03/19/2011

They offered the whole museum for taking pictures (except interiors). I wanted my ceremony outdoor and unfortunately the day of my wedding rained and they were able to move everything to the east side which was set up with a tent on the day of the wedding. Beautiful place to get married with views to the city of Ponce.

Sent on 07/14/2011

Ruth · Married on 08/02/2010

I love this place. They provide a lot of things for you including tents at no extra cost in case it rains. Only negative was that I paid for the ceremony at the pool area and because it rained we couldn't do it there and there is no money back. If I could do it all over again, I would pay anything to not have to worry about the rain all day and I would have done it at "El Casino" in Ponce, PR. Its cheaper, enclosed and ends up looking more elegant. Other than the rain issues the place is really beautiful.

Sent on 04/09/2012

Maricely · Married on 06/24/2017

3.6
      3.5
      2.0

Nice place. There's not much room for the wedding party to stand or for the guests to sit during the ceremony. Also, try and get some hand fans for your guests.
    For the reception, it is extremely hot. They put a tent and that make it worse. You can ask for them to take out the tent, but its gotta be days in advance. Hard to keep all guests in one place, since they can go walk around the beautiful gardens.
    Beautiful sight of the city and the caribbean sea.

Sent on 07/11/2017
  • YolynBran

Yolanda · Married on 08/10/2008

3.2
      2.5
      3.0

This place is beautiful!! Very sophisticated and romantic atmosphere! Perfect for a wedding. The flowers are so gorgeous there is no need for a lot of decor. They have different gardens to choose from, according to the number of guest, the theme of the wedding and your personal taste. The staff is very nice but I felt they werent on top of their work. For exmple, I would call to make payments on my credit cards and they wouldnt clear for a few weeks after payments were made so I had to keep calling them back. When you talk to someone I would make sure to write down who you talk to, time and date. Sometimes they all had different answers. Regardless of all this, I loved the place and loved my pictures. If I had to do it again I would definitely have my wedding here again...This place is absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 09/04/2008

T · Married on 09/10/2011

1.5
      3.0

Beware of this place. It is beautiful but.....we paid for a room indoors with a/c and the night of the reception the a/c was not working and they knew it but did nothing to fixed for our event. It was a hot mess and we were sweating like crazy, the worst experience in a wedding venue I have ever experienced. The bathroooms...they tell us they are very nice and just remodeled. The bathrooms were outside and when I saw the nice remodel was nothing but a plain bathroom with no ventilation, it was like a sauna in there....horrible. My 1st and last time at the castillo Serralles. this is not a nice place after all. they charge for conveniences they dont have.

Sent on 09/10/2011

Marena · Married on 03/27/2011

1.8
      2.0

Although we picked this venue because it is unique and beautiful, we were disappointed with their service and the amenities provided. First of all, they didn't have central air conditioning inside while we were waiting to start the ceremony, and this is PR, hot and humid at any time. Then, after we started the ceremony, they closed the disabled accessible bathroom, and my disabled aunt had to be carried down some stairs in order to use the restroom. It doesn't have a kitchen available for the caterer, which we didn't think it'd be a problem until it rained on us, and our planner had to move us from one terrace to another, which delayed the entire wedding for about an hour. Although the food was tasty (can't blame the caterer) it was a bit cold by the time we sat down to eat. Nobody from the Castillo was around to help with any of these matters, and our planner was a disaster so that was 2 whammy's there (Pedro Valle, do not use him!) Overall, we should have done it in a hotel and just gone to the Castillo for pictures, then things would have been much smoother...hindsight's 20/20 right...we didn't let it ruin our special day, but I just wouldn't recommend it to others.

Sent on 01/11/2012