Casino San Clemente Reviews

42 | San Clemente, CA

42 Reviews for Casino San Clemente

• Colleen

Colleen · Married on 07/04/2012

I cannot say enough about the amazing experience that we had with The Casino San Clemente. Kelly at The Casino is AWESOME!!!! She helped us every step of the way. She made planning our Big Day fun and easy and sooooo exciting! The venue was BEAUTIFUL and perfect. We had our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at The Casino and our day and night could not have been better! The staff at The Casino was professional and awesome. I am soooooo grateful for Kelly and her staff- they made our Big Day UNFORGETTABLE!!!

Sent on 08/02/2012
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 11/11/2011

The Casino San Clemente is a beautiful venue. If you want to have an intimate feel to your wedding, this is the place. Kelly and The Casino San Clemente staff are wonderful to work with. They are very helpful and provide great suggestions on having a wonderful event. They also rent audio visual and sound system equipment.

The venue is located in the beach community of San Clemente. It's an historic building which was recently renovated. It has charm and a vintage feel to it. I would recommend this venue to any of my friends.

Sent on 11/29/2011

Stephanie · Married on 10/16/2011

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with The Casino and their general manager, Kelly. The venue is gorgeous - there is a garden for ceremonies, a ball room if you have a large wedding, or a west wing room and patio for smaller weddings. We used the garden for our ceremony, patio for the cocktail hour and west wing for the reception. They even provide chairs for the ceremony, bar height tables for the cocktail hour, circular tables, rectangle tables, chivari chairs, and some outdoor adirondack chairs for the patio (I'm sure I'm forgetting things but they really provide all the furniture type stuff you need). All of my guests had a wonderful time and loved The Casino. I can't say enough good things.

Sent on 11/02/2011

Teresita · Married on 06/12/2011

Wow! This place was so perfect! We were looking for a venue that screamed San Clemente...Spanish Village by the Sea. This place hit everything we needed. We had a Sunday wedding in the eve. We rented the Rock Garden for our ceremony, the patio of the stars for Cocktail hour, and the ballroom for the reception. It was soooo nice to not have to leave the entire time. The venue is large and beautiful. We didn't have to do much in way of decor because it already had the old charm and sophistication. We had the ballroom columns lit up blue and the dome of the ballroom lit up lavender. It was truly unbelievable.

Aside from how perfect the venue is, the general manager Kelly was incredible. She was on top of everything. She handle so much for us with out us expecting it or asking. She knew exactly what was on my mind before I said it, came up with ideas before I thought it...she was great! She was such a superstar that day, that so many people complimented how great she was. She isn't a wedding coordinator folks, she is the general manager who I felt was so invested in making the day beautiful, smooth, and memorable. I can't even tell you how impressed I was with her.

With the Casino of San Clemente you get two major things, the amazing venue and awesome staff. It was a hit with all of guests. They were impressed with every step of the evening. Thank goodness!

It was a stressless night for me knowing we were in a solid location with a staff that was professional, courteous, and friendly.

Sent on 07/06/2011

Anne · Married on 05/19/2018

Jill and her team at the Casino were such a joy to work with. My husband and I got married at the venue in May 2018 and we were so impressed with everything from the initial site visit, to the venue walk-thru, to the rehearsal, to the wedding itself. Such professionals! The venue is such a beautiful and romantic slice of SoCal. We are so pleased to have the Casino as part of our love story :)

Sent on 07/22/2018

The Casino was the perfect wedding venue. All recommended vendors are amazing, and the Casino staff were very supportive and easy to work with. Amazing venue, not only for weddings, but any large event. Will definitely have an anniversary celebration there!!

Sent on 03/30/2016
  • User3205187 · 2+ years ago

We had our wedding at The Casino San Clemente in March 2013. The venue was a perfect fit for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. The flow of the structure cannot be beat. The set-up and take-down of the event went flawlessly. The tables, chairs and exisitng decor added to the elegance of our wedding. I LOVED our venue and do it all over again.

Sent on 04/18/2013

Casino San Clemente is a perfect wedding venue right by the beach! We were able to rent out the whole venue and do the ceremony in the Rock Garden, Cocktail Hour in the Courtyard/West Wing and the Reception in the Ballroom and it was wonderful! So great to have everything in one place! I got so many compliments on how great the venue was! The only thing the ladies complained about was the the dirt/gravel ground in the Rock Garden (mostly my bridesmaids who walked down the aisle and got rocks in their shoes - as did I). But the Courtyard is a beautiful setting for cocktail hour and the ballroom is great for the reception. Staff was great, Kelly Roemer was the manager when I booked but then was replaced by Susie who was very sweet and answered emails quickly. The wedding went great and everyone had so much fun!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Kathy · Married on 04/18/2013

3.5

Our daughter was married at Casino San Clemente on April 18, 2013. The venue was perfect for our celebration! With 95 guests, we used the Rock Garden for the 6:00 ceremony (the fireplace was lit and roaring), Patio of the Stars for the Cocktail Reception (fireplace was also blazing there) and the West Wing for dinner.

This is a classic venue - so beautiful. We used California Fresh Catering who provided an exceptional cocktail hour with Chef's Table and the sit down meal. Sadly, they weren't yet on the vendor list for The Casino, so we needed to pay a premium to use them as caterers. I would definitely use California Fresh again, and would very much like to see Casino change their policy toward this vendor. This is the main disadvantage I see (along with the fact that as of my daughter's wedding date there still was no water or refrigeration available for the catering service - something the California Fresh was happy to accommodate).

It was fantastic that Casino San Clemente had so much to offer, not just in terms of its classy setting, but also with the tables (cocktail, dining, buffet), portable bars, signboards, table numbers, teak furniture!

Thanks for such a beautiful venue!

Sent on 04/25/2013
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2015

3.5

The casino is an amazing historic, vintage ballroom location for any wedding/special occasion. It was perfect for my fiancé and I because it's only a block or so away from the beach but has the elegance I envision for our wedding day. The only reason I gave a 3.5 stars for flexibility is because it is an historic site that they want to preserve for a long time, so there are some rules and restrictions for keeping it that way. Plus if you have a weekend wedding they are more particular about what vendors you can use. If you want more flexibility in selection vendors try for a weekday event. Not only is it more affordable, but you have more options in vendors and more negotiating power. I would highly recommend the Casino for anyone who dreamed of getting married by the beach, but still wants a formal affair.

Oh another plus, when you book your day, you get the entire day to set up/ get ready. Which will enable a more relaxing vibe. Many other venues I looked at only allow a half day rental, which when it comes to set up and getting ready can be really stressful. Plus there is an adorable bridal suite you can use starting at 10:30am!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Beautiful Wedding Venue! Our guest were surprised to attend our daughters wedding in such a unique Spanish style venue located across from San Clemente Beach. Built in 1937, this landmark property provided just the ambience that my daughter and fiancé were looking for. The beautiful garden was the backdrop for the wedding, the front patio was great for drinks but the ballroom was beautiful for the reception.

Sent on 07/08/2014

Elena · Married on 06/09/2012

The Casino is SO pretty. Our guests loved it and it is really nice that everything is in one place!
    They are doing some rennovations, so that would be my only complaint that everything was totally finished for our wedding. But the guests didn't notice!
    Really pretty venue and easy to work with team!

Sent on 06/15/2012

Monique · Married on 10/25/2013

4.2
      2.5

We had our wedding at the Casino San Clemente on 10/25/13 and loved our day and how it turned out. The venue itself is beautiful. We held our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception here.

We had over 200 guests and there was plenty of room for everyone. Our guests were comfortable and raved about the uniqueness of the venue.

My only complaints were that there was a lot of managerial changes going on through the planning of our wedding, and our details were lost in the lurch. They did not coordinate with the caterer and there was a lot of added confusion.

Also, through your contract you are charged for security. However, they did not do their job. We had wedding crashers. Who really enjoyed our open bar and really liked our gift table. =( Security needed to pay attention. My uncle ended up removing the crashers.
    It was very difficult to get in touch with anyone through their transition. However, on the day of our event was flawless. Thank you!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Casino San Clemente's reply:

Hello from the Casino San Clemente and thanks for your feedback.
    Just to clarify, we did promote our experienced Venue Rep to Venue Manager position during the months of planning this particular event, and knew of no disconnect during the process. Sorry you felt this way. The wedding crashers evidently entered thru the kitchen doorway, unbeknownst to our security staff - the first such intrusion in our 5 year history. Dispute these issues, we are happy to hear your special day was "flawless" and we wish you and your new husband the absolute best!! We would be happy to treat you to a "Honeymoon Breakfast" at our Ellie's Cafe upon your return to the area. Just let me know personally - Linda Sadeghi, Owner (linda@thelab.com)

Chris · Married on 10/29/2011

4.2

The Casino San Clemente was a fantastic venue. It was so nice to have everything in one spot (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception). We planned our wedding from the other side of the country and although it was a little bit difficult to work remotely with the Casino representatives at first, they ended up being fantastic. Kelly, the events coordinator, was extremely helpful in preparing the venue and allowing early access for all of our vendors. She responded quickly and effectively to all our changes of plans. She was always able to find a solution to any problems that arose. The day of the wedding, she and her staff were wonderful in coordinating events and the movement of large numbers of guests from the ceremony to the cocktail hour, and back to the reception. My only complaint was the unclear communication regarding pricing and contracts. After signing the original contract and placing the deposits, many changes to pricing and venue use were made. It was a bit difficult to keep track of all of the price and availability flip-flopping, but in the end, it all worked out wonderfully, and Kelly helped make our day very special.

Sent on 12/16/2011

Pete · Married on 07/11/2015

3.0

Please read all rules and RESTRICTIONS before signing your contract

Sent on 07/14/2015

2.0
      3.5

I wish I could say that the customer service was as excellent as others have experienced here. Being a long distance bride, we were relying on clear communication from the Casino's coordinators.

In starting to plan to book, there was miscommunication from the start between how the venue worded things to family members and how it was worded to me on the phone. We ended up having to change our wedding date to accommodate their Saturday Buy-Out policy. When we booked in March 2014, I had high hopes after personally visiting the venue and signing the papers. We started working with one coordinator who told us a lot of things about when we could access the venue before the wedding day, how we could adapt our contract, extend hours, etc.

Mid-way through our wedding planning, the coordinator stopped responding and it was well over a month before I heard back from a new coordinator responding to my non-urgent question. This change in management led to even more miscommunication as to what was promised by the previous coordinator. Even with the new coordinator, our contract was not carefully reviewed for which rooms we had reserved. I was even told that the room I had chosen was supposed to have a construction project going on. These are not issues that a confirmed bride should even have to deal with. Most items seemed to be blamed on the previous coordinator, but not really rectified. It just felt like a lot of butting heads towards the end.

I'm a very DIY person and a DIY bride. Getting the coordinator to understand that sometimes seemed challenging. The week of the wedding, yet another coordinator stood in, and luckily she was SUPER easy to work with. I wish she had been involved since day 1.

My advice is get everything you say in writing, ask for a contingency plan, work out as many details as possible and get it confirmed ahead of time. Great venue, but still has some customer service to work on.

Sent on 04/25/2015
  • Kira

Kira Balaeff · Married on 03/16/2019

1.8

Beautiful Venue but that's it

My husband and I fell in love with the Casino San Clemente for all the different rooms and beautiful styles that went into each area. It felt like you were walking into a completely different venue when you walked into a different room, which we absolutely loved! It is right by the beach, so we also had gorgeous views of the ocean! I can't say enough about the venue itself, however, everything else was a bit lackluster. Through our one year engagement, we had four different points of contact. We would communicate with one property manager and then were told that she left so we got a new point of contact. That happened to us four times. Thankfully, we had a great planner and caterer that ensured us our day would be great, but that is something that I wish was a little different about the experience. We were also told we were unable to use a sweetheart table because it had water damage, the day before our wedding. Again, thanks to our catering team, we were able to improvise. Overall, I absolutely loved my wedding, but I wish that the communication was better on the Casino's part.

Sent on 04/18/2019