Casey Fatchett Photography Reviews

83 | New York, NY

83 Reviews for Casey Fatchett Photography

Fantastic professional! Photos were great!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Dayna · Married on 09/23/2012

Our wedding was an unconventional one - the kind that might throw off a photographer who has less of a go-with-the-flow spirit than Casey. At our engagement photo shoot, Casey helped us figure out how to storm the Museum of Modern Art to capture some pics that got in the spirit of our Pop Art wedding. On our wedding, Casey was an invaluable calming force in the crazed atmosphere of the day. He stepped up when we needed advice, became a photo-ninja when he needed to blend into the background and got some truly amazing shots of our wedding day - some that we weren't even aware he'd captured. We are totally in love with our pictures and Casey helped to make our day all the more perfect.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Casey photographed our engagement session and our wedding. His unlimited package is amazing, and you get a good amount for what you pay! Casey helped us find a unique location to fit our vision for our engagement photos. He was laid back and easy to work with! Our photos came out stunning, and we continue to get compliments on them a year later!
    Our wedding was also photographed by Casey and his assistant Angel. It was an extremely long day for them in addition to travel time, etc. However they arrived in time to take "getting ready" pictures which came out beautiful and capture some very special moments.
    During the reception they blended in with the crowd, were never pushy, and managed to capture beautiful, hilarious candids as well as many portraits. They also captured many of the very important details that made our wedding unique. Our pictures are absolutely gorgeous and always put a smile on my face when I look at them. Definitely recommend Casey Fatchett Photography for engagements/weddings! You will love working with Casey and adore the memories he'll capture for you!

Sent on 09/30/2012

Casey takes incredibly amazing wedding photos, I would definitely recommend him. It was a good mix of formal staged portraits, quiet people moments and artistic shots. Very appropriate for our eclectic Asian-American wedding in Central Park.

RS

Sent on 09/20/2012

Patrick · Married on 08/18/2012

Before my wedding I thought there was only 2 variables in hiring a photographer; the quality of photos and the cost. And so, looking at Casey's past work and getting his quote we made the decision to have him do our engagement and wedding photos. His planning and organization was top-notch; during the pre-ceremony he was critical in making sure everyone was in position and post ceremony he captured a heroic amount of large family shots in record time to get us back to the reception. As for quality, not only did he not disappoint, but we rarely visit a friend or family member's house without seeing his work on display.

That said, I could not have anticipated the greater impact he had on our wedding. He was there capturing the best moments of our day, earning laughs with a well placed joke for posed shots, helping us get from one table to the next even in the middle of a circle capturing our POV as we danced. He was always there when we needed him and somehow disappeared when we wanted a moment.

I didn't know to look for that level of care and intuition in my photographer search, and even if I did I could not have found it looking at websites. Having experienced it now however, I wouldn't trust memories as precious as this with anyone else.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Matthew · Married on 08/04/2012

Mr. Fatchett consistently exceeded our expectations at all stages of our wedding, both in planning and execution.

He comes highly recommended for his courtesy, professionalism and warmth.

We couldn't have been happier with our choice and will recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 02/14/2013
  • Summer

Summer · Married on 06/02/2012

Casey Fatchett is a big deal. This is a really easy decision if you can get Casey- do it! Casey is brilliant. First of all, he LOVES weddings. He is a true romantic and as a new groom himself he really gets both how exciting weddings are and how much pressure they are. Secondly, Casey is a professional- he has this down to a science. He has seen it all and that is really comforting when you are dealing with a million details. Lastly and perhaps most importantly- he sees everything you do not see on your wedding day. He captures every DIY detail you created in love. He sees your mom and her sister sharing a moment and despite the fact that he has never met them captures the whole essence of thier relationship. He is an artist- and you will barely even know he is there. There is a picture he took of me and my father- that I will treasure the rest of my life. Out of all the pictures of us together in my whole life- CASEY took the best. I cry every time I look at it. I am forever in his debt....

Sent on 06/20/2012

Annie · Married on 04/28/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Casey. From the very first moment that we started discussing my wedding, he was always responsive and willing to provide guidance and information. He is organized and talented and when he encounters a client that tends to let details slip by the wayside (that'd be me, for the record), he kept the lines of communication open and kept following up to make sure that we both got what we needed. Casey is one of the most easy-going people I've ever met, too, which is fantastic because it totally puts his subjects at ease, too. He's also super funny and a lot of fun to be around, and you get a sense that he really just loves what he's doing. We used Casey's services for engagement pictures and our wedding pictures, and we were utterly pleased with both of them. If you book him, be sure to include the photo booth option, which was so much fun for our guests that they're still raving about it almost two months later! He's really the best!

Sent on 06/18/2012

Nathan · Married on 03/21/2012

We found a link to Casey’s services through our wedding officiates and he turned out to be an inspired choice.

We organised everything via email (we are from the UK) and right from the start Casey was genuinely interested in what we were looking for and couldn’t have been more helpful.

We first met Casey on the morning of our wedding and he got straight to work and captured everything perfectly. I’m not normally too comfortable in front of the camera but Casey just lets you do your thing and sometimes I forgot he was there.

We didn’t have any of the ‘stand here and do this’ attitude that you can get from some photographers and as such we have ended up with some brilliantly natural shots that totally captured everything perfectly.

We had Casey booked for 2 hours but not once did I feel he was clock watching or hurrying us along, it was a pleasure to work with him.

I would absolutely recommend him, you wont be disappointed with the results.

Sent on 04/12/2012

Jacqueline · Married on 10/09/2011

We highly recommend Casey as a wedding photographer. From start to finish, he has always been reliable and easy-going. I think the best feature he offers is his "no limits" photography-- he is with you from start to finish. What dedication! That allowed him to capture a lot of moments other photographers wouldn't... and it also didn't make us feel rushed to get in all the pictures we wanted. He also has an insanely quick turn-around time; you won't be left waiting forever for your pics.

Sent on 10/21/2011
  • User2044811 · 2+ years ago

Where do I begin? Casey is the most professional and personable photographer you could ever have the privilege of working with. For our wedding, he captured our moments beautifully and made them come alive, with vibrant candids and natural poses. He was never in the way. On the contrary, we discovered many photographs that were taken when we did not even realize. He is THAT good at his job that for the most part, you don’t even notice him or his assistant yet they manage to capture the most gorgeous of images. Casey is also a friendly, professional individual meaning he has the skill, knowledge and expertise to get all of the important necessary shots and the eye for detail to also take those sentimental, precious moment shots that every bride wants.

He has an impeccable eye also for natural shots—so he creates a feeling in his albums as though you were really there even if you weren’t. Some people who could not be there stated that they felt that the photos connected them to the special day, as though they were actually right in the room just by seeing snapshots. Others were gushing at the naturalness of the shots—a couple’s toast, an embrace, people dancing, all moments candidly and majestically captured by Casey himself who brought to life all of the precious, the sentimental and the sweet. He was never cheesy, or overly sappy, as I know some artists can be, nor was he opinionated. He asked our ideas about things and took our feedback, our suggestions, answering our questions with ease. He also reassured us during our engagement session, where we got a chance to really get to know him and for him to get to know us as a couple in order to ensure the wedding day would go flawlessly, which it did. Also, to get us more comfortable in front of the camera since you are virtually in the spotlight every second the day of the wedding!

We are definitely ordering an album or two from him based on the level of expertise and the gorgeous, perfect shots that came out from the wedding. Plus, he showed us some albums on our first meeting with him, which were absolutely breathtaking and beautiful and which made us choose him, along with his funny, friendly personality. He does amazing black and white shots, which I personally love, and his color shots also ring true to life. I happen to have a proclivity to black and white and I love that Casey captures those as well, since some photographers are not able to do both and Casey is the opposite—he has the talent for doing black and white, color and also for catching close-ups (rings, jewelry, centerpieces) but also the larger, full-scale family shots and of course—the bride and groom! Our photos are so beautiful that some people told us that they had trouble choosing which ones to order. And although I may be biased (it was my wedding, after all) objectively speaking, all of the photos I saw he took of other brides were also breathtaking. So if you are a reluctant bride unsure of whom to choose to photograph possibly the most important day of your life, rest assured, you are going with the best. Because you deserve the best and the best is Casey. Thank you, Casey. The gratitude is ours. The photographs are ours to keep and treasure forever.

Sent on 10/21/2011

Natalie · Married on 08/06/2011

Casey was wonderful from the minute we met him for our first appointment, to after the reception! He is always very prompt with his response and always addresses all questions and concerns. Our pictures came out great, and they were ready pretty quickly after our wedding! He also helped out with other services such as our Photobooth, which was a big hit at our reception. I recommend Casey to everyone!

Sent on 10/03/2011

Evelyn · Married on 07/09/2011

We had the pleasure of having Casey shoot our wedding and we truly could not have been happier. He captures your very essence in each photo. He gives you that peace of mind your looking for when looking for a photographer. Extremely reliable, easy to work with, totally funny and very professional. Honestly him and his team are inspiring and jaw dropping of how much they capture in so little time.

Sent on 09/26/2011

Kelly · Married on 06/30/2011

When looking for a photographer we wanted someone who would be able to capture the spontaneity of the day. (“Anyone can take a good picture of you posing on your best day” was my husband's refrain.) We couldn’t have asked for anything more from Casey and his assistant, Jeremy. Casey made sure that we were all on the same page in terms of our expectations for the day well before the wedding day (how long we would spend on portraits, any special photos we wanted, etc), and then he exceeded them. Both he and Jeremy seemed to be everywhere, all the time, but were simultaneously unobtrusive in their quest to record our day. Their demeanor is the perfect balance of professionalism with personal regard—as soon as we contacted Casey about our wedding, we felt that he was just as excited as we were about the event! The result you can see in the pictures: no one has the dreaded “prom face”.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Jessica · Married on 06/25/2011

We absolutely loved working with Casey. My husband jokingly said he wanted to reenact King Kong during our engagement session and Casey made it happen with some Photoshop magic! We were impressed with Casey's package which included engagement photos, 2 photographers on the wedding day and a whole day of photos for a great price. Casey was easy to work with and looking at our wedding photos I am not even sure how he got some of the shots! He's definitely a ninja during the ceremony because I didn't see him at all when he was somehow behind the altar. I'm not sure how we are going to choose which photos to order from the 3000 he and his assistant Angel took. They are all gorgeous!

Sent on 07/21/2011

Nicole · Married on 03/26/2011

After interviewing several photographers who were either creepy, over-priced, or whose shots were overly post-produced, we were so happy to meet the real deal - Casey.

Casey is calm, easygoing, offers a wide range of services and styles. We also liked his partner of choice on the big day, as well as his ability to work so well with our videographer. He seemed to be everywhere at once and my friends who checked out his site just loved everything they saw!

After seeing friends' wedding pictures by photographers who cost twice and delivered half, I say just go with Casey! :-)

Sent on 08/12/2011

Marquina · Married on 08/28/2010

Casey is hands down the best wedding photographer in the New York Area. He is professional, helpful, takes fantastic impromptu shots as well as posed, and he is an all around great person. I work in media and have met my share of photographers. Dan and I aren't very comfortable taking formal photographs together, and Casey made the shoot easy and fun.

Sent on 10/29/2010

Marquina · Married on 08/28/2010

Casey is by far the best wedding photographer we have known. The photo quality is second to none. In addition to our wedding, he has done a few of our friends' weddings and everyone has always been extremely pleased. Casey has a relatable, relaxed style and puts everyone at ease.

Sent on 08/25/2013

Molly · Married on 07/24/2010

Working with Casey was so easy! He was immediately responsive, very professional, had a ton of really great ideas and was laid back and relaxed. We could tell he has a lot of experience with engagement and wedding photography and this really put us at ease. His wedding without limits concept made us feel like he was totally devoted to really capturing our day rather than working on a clock and our pictures show this for sure!! I am extremely pleased with our photos and would recommend Casey to anyone without hesitation.

Sent on 08/19/2010

Rachel · Married on 06/27/2010

Casey is absolutely amazing! I can't even begin to describe how beautiful, discrete, and lovely he was to work with. We loved our engagement shoot photos and are still drooling at all of our wedding photos. Thank you is not nearly enough!

Sent on 07/07/2010
  • Tania

Tania · Married on 12/31/2009

Casey was great to work with! We were not looking for posed pictures, just our guests having fun and he delivered! Our photos are perfect. Casey is a sweet person, very professional and I would highly recommend him to anyone! He will definitely be my go to photographer from now on :)

Sent on 10/28/2010

Cynthia · event on: 04/26/2018

I hired Casey to photograph my husband's surprise 50th Birthday Party. He was flexible with payment as I had to hide funds since it was a surprise party. He was able to quickly gather information from me to understand what I wanted. He was prompt and on time and took some phenomenal pictures. He was also quick to post the pictures the next day and they were beautiful!

Sent on 05/22/2018

kari · event on: 06/08/2012

Having a party with 170 freshly graduated 8th graders? Good luck finding a better photographer than Casey Fatchett. He arrived early, prepared and set up for a very energetic night. He also catered to our numerous requests with ease, including having to hire another assistant in order to accommodate our last minute request for real-time projection onto a second screen. At the end of the night, he was still smiling although he probably suffered some hearing loss from the blaring music. His prices are very reasonable.

Sent on 06/18/2012
  • User5125101 · event on: 05/16/2015

Casey was a pleasure to work with. My daughter quickly warmed up to him and we have beautiful pictures of her and the event as a result.

Sent on 05/29/2015

Casey was awesome and our pictures are beautiful! I couldn't have asked for anything more. Casey was super attentive, responsible, and flexible. On the day of the wedding he took really beautiful photographs and we never felt like we were on display or had a camera in our face. We had both Casey and an assistant photographer, which was perfect. We are obsessed with our photos. Highly recommend Casey!!!!

Sent on 12/09/2013