Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Reviews

74 | Key West, FL

74 Reviews for Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

74 Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Reviews

Desiree · Married on 12/16/2017

We had our wedding reception at Casa Marina December 16, 2017 and I can honestly say it was perfect. Carina and the Casa Marina staff did everything to make the day run as smoothly as possible. They ensured that our stay at the hotel was a great one. From before the contracts were executed until even the days after the wedding all our communications with Carina were very detail oriented and always warm and caring. My guests kept complimenting the delicious food and beautiful location. I highly recommend this venue for any event.

Matthew · Married on 12/02/2017

WOW, what an unbelievable venue! Our wedding at the Casa Marina was December 2nd and it was absolutely perfect. A special shoutout goes out to Carina, you are truly exceptional. All staff at the resort goes above and beyond and deliver truly exceptional service. Our guests were blown away and had a truly memorable experience. We will be back to the Casa Marina any chance we get it is that spectacular. If you want the perfect wedding, then its simple, choose Casa Marina for your venue. See you next December for our 1 year anniversary.

Angela · Married on 12/01/2017

The absolute best!!!!! Carina, event staff, and this hotel are wonderful beyond words. I cannot thank them enough for nothing but positive experiences throughout the planning process to the actual wedding event. If you want the best, book Casa Marina!!! :)

Jessica · Married on 02/25/2017

I cannot say enough good things about the Casa Marina. My wedding was absolutely spectacular - perfect in every way. The Casa Marina is stunning, there is no doubt about that. I looked at pretty much every venue in Key West before deciding on the Casa, and I am so happy that I did! It had everything I wanted - a backup room in case of rain, gorgeous setting for pictures and a little history.

Carina, my coordinator, was wonderful. She was so organized and really helped guide the whole planning process. She was so sweet, too! I'm grateful for her help - the Casa Marina is lucky to have her!

The food at Casa is AMAZING. Gourmet selections, beautiful presentation, and they are so flexible with your wants and needs. Dinner at most weddings consists of rubber meat and is just meh. Not here. The food (and drinks!) are to die for.

The Casa Marina is not a cheap date. That said, it was worth every penny. My guests can't stop talking about it, and my husband and I are still in awe of how wonderful our wedding was. I want to get married at the Casa Marina again!!

• O

Odessa · Married on 01/07/2017

Part 2- The options they have for the bars are very good and full of liquors of all types to please the taste of your different guests.
    We had people with different meal options like vegetarians, Gluten Free and specific allergies, for which we worked out all the menus based on this and they were extremely good to balance the Hours D'oeuvres, and plated dinner options. Everybody ate absolutely everything that was out on their plates or passed by, and if you have been at weddings, this does not always happen. All the comments after the wedding have been incredible, our guest were delighted at every event of our wedding.

The wedding was supposed to be outdoors in the beach area but due to inclement weather we had to change this the day of our wedding, and they made it so smooth and pleasant for such a stressful day, and it's because these people are truly professional. Whichever activity you choose to do here, you can rely on their experience and knowledge. They won't make you make a decision against your initial plan, or idea unless it is an impending change. They will always have a backup plan for your event, in my case it was the Grand Ballroom. By the time we came back from the ceremony (which was held at a church, otherwise we would've done it here), we stopped by and went inside before our guests and it was ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! It was impressive that in such a short period of time with the other vendors that they could make it look like it was always planned to be in there. A big recognition to Chip Willis which is in charge of the lighting and did an marvelous job with the up lighting.

• O

Odessa · Married on 01/07/2017

SO many good things to say about this venue! TRULY PROFESSIONALS.
    If you are considering getting married in KW you MUST do it at Casa Marina. I barely had 3 months to plan our destination wedding as we had to move the date forward, I found this majestic hotel, I adored the beautiful settings and pictures of weddings there, but I fell in love with Carina Primus which is the Catering and Event Manager. She has the perfect temper and warm attitude for this job, every bride MUST have a person like her, and she is bilingüe. The food was amazing, and they prepared per my request a couple typical appetizers from my country that the chef had never prepared before and they were PERFECT and DELICIOUS. The food presentation is spectacular, the taste is delectable, well prepared, and exquisite, for real! We had 3 activities there for our wedding and they were all incredible and beyond expectations, comments from our guests. The staff and their attention is incredible!!! The options they have for the bars are very good and full of liquors of all types to please the taste of your different guests.
    We had people with different meal options like vegetarians, Gluten Free and specific allergies, for which we worked out all the menus based on this and they were extremely good to balance the Hours D'oeuvres, and plated dinner options. Whichever activity you choose to do here, you can rely on their experience and knowledge. They won't make you make a decision against your initial plan, or idea unless it is an impending change. They will always have a backup plan for your event. This venue holds an experienced team that will make you feel like you are a family member, will do everything to please you, to make you feel so comfortable and confident that you will have your dream wedding, and also an amazing stay at their remarkable and astounding hotel. Forever thankful with Carina and her team!

Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort 1
  • Y

Yilien · Married on 12/10/2016

I married the love of my life on December 10, 2016 at this majestic hotel and I can't say enough amazing things about Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort in Key West Florida or the extraordinary people that work there. As every bride can attest planning a wedding is stressful, a long process, and overwhelming at times; but the staff at Casa Marina made this journey what became the best year of my life.

I began my planning adventure meeting this beautiful soul called Carina Primus-Gomez (our wedding contact at Casa Marina) in the most scenic of places. I remember she received my parents and I with the warmest of greets showing us around this beautiful resort making us feel on that very first visit like we were already part of the Casa Marina family. That was what originally captured my attention. A beautiful resort will always be nice, but what makes a resort exceptional is extraordinary staff and Casa Marina has that everywhere you turn. From the very warm greets of the doormen, to Jessie the pool man who always made sure my husband and I had cold beverages in our hands and extra towels on our chairs, to David Lopez the VIP manager who made sure that our stay was nothing less than perfect, and of course I can’t leave out Carina who was with me from the start; who started out as my wedding contact and shortly became someone I can call a friend.

I am thankful to have met every single one of them and can’t wait to revisit this magical place for many more years to come.

Payton · Married on 12/03/2016

Carina was such a sweetheart to work with and our wedding at the Casa was flawless!! She made sure that our entire stay at the hotel was so special and that our wedding was beyond what we could have imagined it to be. I would highly recommend the Casa, especially because of Carina and the team who helped us create exactly the wedding we had dreamed of.

The Casa Marina is hands down the best venue in Key West for a wedding. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and amazing. Our guests are still talking about the beautiful location and several have mentioned that we had the best wedding food they've ever tasted. Key West was a destination wedding for us, and we looked at all of the major wedding venues. When we arrived at the Casa Marina we immediately realized it was the perfect spot just based on the beautiful venue and the food at the restaurant. But our wedding weekend exceeded even our high expectations. All of the staff at the Casa was phenomenal, especially Evelyn, our wedding contact. She was extremely responsive from our very first tour of the property and throughout the entire wedding planning process. On the day of the wedding she was there the entire time working with my day of planner to make sure our special day went perfectly. She even greeted us right after we walked down the aisle at the East Beach with champagne. We also met with the chef three days before our wedding to finalize the menu, and he was willing to make changes to dishes to accommodate our tastes. And the PSAV team was great to work with as well, showing us all of the lighting color options and being flexible about our A/V needs. It all led to a beautiful event. Our guests have raved about the cocktail hour and the reception. The Casa, Evelyn and PSAV did an incredible job, and our wedding weekend was magical. It is a high-end resort and the pricing reflects that, but the quality of food and service made it all well worth it. The Casa will forever hold a special place in our hearts and we look forward to returning there often to celebrate our anniversaries. Thank you Casa Marina for making our wedding one to remember!

Lauren · Married on 01/09/2016

Our wedding was gorgeous! Everyone can't stop talking about how amazing it was. The resort is stunning, the beach ceremony was perfect and the cocktail hour and reception were incredible. All the guest said the food was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Also, special shout out to Carina, she was so friendly, super quick in her responses and made the whole weekend the best weekend of our lives! Thank you Carina!!!

Kara · Married on 01/02/2016

The Casa Marina is such a wonderful resort and I highly recommend it for any event. Just the resort itself is amazing but its staff is also just as amazing. The chef has the most amazing dishes, the wait staff is very attentive, and the even coordinator Carina is the best. We had our wedding here and all of our guest stayed the weekend at the Casa. Carina helped us plan every detail and took such good care of us while we were there. She was constantly checking in on us, our guest, and our events to make sure everything was running smoothly.

Chris · Married on 08/15/2015

We were extremely pleased with the service and extraordinary attention provided by the Casa Marina staff for our wedding. Attention to detail was 2nd to none and everything was planned and executed flawlessly! The food service for our rehearsal dinner, wedding reception and Sunday brunch was spectacular, the best food offering we have ever experienced in our lives. And, the site selection for our wedding ceremony was gorgeous...right on the beach next to the water! And, perfect weather to boot! Highly recommended and reasonable for the service and quality provided...

We have never felt more pampered and accommodated in all of our travels and plans. The team was right there when needed and even checking in over the months of planning. I could not have done my planning from NJ without their help and recommendations of vendors to check out that were in our price range. They were spot on and I couldn't of been happier with their services during our wedding. We felt like royalty. Despite a change in staff during planning, the transition was seamless and even went above and beyond to help us with the final details of the day. They were always there to help us think bout the things we might have forgotten. Very easy to plan a wedding here and I am glad they have you hire a wedding coordinator for the day of the wedding - it was amazing to have both a coordinating team for the venue and then just one for the plans itself/day of. This is a 5 star venue and people are still talking about the food! They gave us the overall experience we were hoping for and made accommodations last minute when I moved cocktail hour inside due to hear concerns for guests. Say yes - splurge on this venue because it was simply amazing from the hotel accommodations, food, and service during out stay. Our guests even raved!

Jade · Married on 06/06/2015

My husband and I decided to have our wedding at Casa Marina because we loved the beautiful property and it was always a special place for us. We had celebrated anniversaries and birthdays there, and enjoyed the fun atmosphere of Key West! Casa Marina and Carina met our expectations and some! Our wedding day turned out more perfect than we could have ever imagined and working with Carina was SO easy. I asked her many, many questions and she always got back to me right away no matter how small the question was. She made me feel confident that we had chosen the right venue and on the day of our wedding, I did not have to worry at all. Casa Marina and its staff is exceptional at hosting weddings and attending to anything that we wanted. The entire weekend went smoothly and we had over 100 guests staying on the property. The food was amazing as well as the service & staff. Our friends and family will be talking about this day for a long time and I would recommend Casa Marina to anyone! It was truly a special weekend for us and I have Casa Marina & Carina to thank for that!

Laurence · Married on 05/18/2015

We stayed at Casa Marina Resort for 6 nights which was before and after our wedding. Even though our wedding was elsewhere we were treated like royalty, David from VIP delivered a chilled bottle of Champagne and balloons to our room the day after our wedding, Thank You. All staff at Casa Marina made our wedding, holiday, everything regarding our stay in Key West, fantastic. Thanks again

Jessica · Married on 04/18/2015

My husband and I live in Tampa, FL so when we decided to get married in Key West we knew we had to make a fast and furious trip down to pick a venue. In two days I think we saw almost every possibility Key West had to offer. We were overwhelmed, tired, hot, and starting to question our decision to have a destination wedding. I had always dreamed of having a formal event, but was that even possible in Key West? The moment we got to our appointment at the Casa Marina we knew were in the right place. The outside entrance was a mix of old Hollywood glam meets Key West classy. The lobby is decorated in rich hard wood floors and tall ceilings. Reina Todd met us to walk us around the property, showing us breezeways accented by archways, long reflecting pools aside marble flooring and a private beach perfect for any ceremony. Our ballroom was classic and inviting. I even got goosebumps the first time I walked in. Not only were we so happy to get married there but we are already planning our anniversary trip back. Hopefully we will be one of those couples that celebrates their 50th there.

Danny · Married on 03/28/2015

Wow! Wow! My girlfriend and I are very familiar with Key West and we searched the island for the perfect wedding location, touring most of the major hotels. None of them had the views, the beach setting, and the picture perfect wedding location that the Casa did. Then we met Reina Todd their Catering Manager. What a blessing she is! She helped handle all of our questions and listened to our desires. What she did then is helped us have a wedding even better than we had dreamed. Our guests said the food was better than any event they had ever been too...and it was! There were challenges out of the hotels control (weather and a concert on the beach next door). But not to worry Reina was on top of it. We changed a few locations for the reception and it was fabulous. All of the staff from the servers to the chef to the managers treated our guests like royalty. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! When we look at our wedding pictures we will always be glad we selected the Casa Marina and that they had Reina Todd there to help us.

Kayleigh · Married on 03/21/2015

Casa Marina is a stunning venue for a wedding. I did not have to worry about a thing the week of the wedding (except maybe tan lines), and when I walked down that aisle and saw everything for the first time, it was absolutely breathtaking. We did a beachfront ceremony and cocktail reception, and dinner/dancing in the Flagler Ballroom once the sun set. Many of our guests commented on how the food was the best wedding food they've ever had. Everything was so well run, and the Casa team worked easily with our other vendors - Julie Shreck of Simply You, Milan Events, 1313 Photography, Studio Marie Pierre, Blue Stone Circle.

I want to specifically call out Reina Todd, Catering and Sales Manager at the Casa, who was fantastic to work with throughout the planning process, as well as the wedding week itself. She went above and beyond the event logistics to make the wedding weekend (and tasting weekend) an extremely special experience for us. When we were surprised about our suite accommodations upon arrival, she personally showed us multiple other suite layouts so that we could pick the one most comfortable for our week at the Casa. This made a huge difference in our stay, and we truly felt at home. Her attention to detail, willingness to go above and beyond, and availability to us made the Casa Marina a place we will never forget, and are sure to continue to visit throughout our lives.

Valerie · Married on 03/14/2015

I could go on forever talking about what a pleasure it was to work with Reina and the rest of the Casa Marina team in planning for our March 2015 wedding. From the first step of the planning process when we toured Casa Marina, Reina was extremely thorough and answered all of our questions about the facility. From that point forward, Reina was extremely accessible and answered all of our silly and not so silly questions immediately.

Once we arrived in Key West for our wedding, Reina and the Casa Marina staff ensured that every single want or need we had was met. On the day of the wedding, the staff was SO attentive and made sure that everything was perfect for us. There was a second wedding reception taking place on the property at the same time as ours and we never would have known it. The food and service was EXCELLENT! We received so many compliments regarding the taste and quality of the food. In a nutshell, working with Casa Marina was so easy! They made a process that could have been really complicated and dreadful seem so simple and fun! Our wedding day was AMAZING and we owe so much of that to Reina and the Casa Marina Staff! Oh yeah... and Casa Marina itself is absolutely beautiful, but that is a given!

Carol · Married on 02/21/2015

I hosted my wedding at the Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort. It was amazing in every way. The food, the staff, and the amenities were all perfect. The property is amazing and It all came together with the help of Jorge of Dream Occasions Studio and Alfredo of Couture Bridal Photography. Jorge of Dream Occasions took the vision I had of my wedding day at the Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort and was able to create the look and feel of exactly what I wanted. Alfredo of Couture Bridal Photography, most likely the best wedding photographer in south Florida captured every detail and emotion throughout my wedding day to provide me with images that are truly an artistic wedding day story. I recommend the Casa Marina, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, Dream Occasions Studio (www.DreamOccasionsStudioetc.com) and Alfredo (www.CoutureBridalPhotography.com) for any wedding anywhere!!!!

Catherine · Married on 02/07/2015

It's hard to know where to start. My wedding was everything I wanted and more. Working with Reina was an absolute dream, I could not have asked for a better person to help us with our wedding. From our first tour of the property Reina put us right at ease, she talked through all of our options and helped us envision everything.

She was super responsive to every little question I had, and I had a lot of them. The whole contract process with about as painless as can be which was awesome. When we came in town to do the tasting she made it fun and another special experience for us to always remember. Also their chef is fantastic! We wanted to change some things on their offered menu and he was super accommodating. We have heard from so many people that this was the best food they have ever had at a wedding!

From Reina, to the chef, the event team, the doormen, EVERYONE was just wonderful to work with so happy and willing to help it was just amazing. All of our guests LOVED the whole experience and I just can't imagine having held our wedding anywhere other than the Casa Marina.

Kim · Married on 01/30/2015

Carina and her staff were exceptional. The food was delicious . Throughout the process of planning the wedding, Monika with Swankkey Events;Carina
    and the Casa Marina staff I would say it was a Perfect event. Thank you to all involved. Proud mother of the Bride. Kim

• F

Faye · Married on 12/18/2014

The Casa Marina is an idyllic location for a wedding reception. The property is beautiful and very elegant not the typical "Key West" location. We worked closely with Reina who was amazing! Every step of the way assisting us with recommendations based on her extensive experience. Reina went above and beyond to ensure everything went smoothly and as planned, the staff during the reception were exceptional! During the reception one of my bridesmaids spilt a whole glass of red wine down my dress, before I could turn around they were there with club soda and cloths to assist in the cleaning. They reset the table so that I could hardly notice the wine. The food was incredible, the chef will work closely to create a menu based around your taste and budget. I would highly recommend the Casa Marina and Reina!!

Shawn · Married on 10/04/2014

In my opinion the most beautiful place to get married in key west. Reina is a dream come true during the entire process. There are actually too many wonderful things to say about the Casa Marina so I will just leave it at that. :)