Casa Cuba Reviews

2 | Carolina, PR

2 Reviews for Casa Cuba

• YolyCotto

Yolihet · Married on 07/04/2013

I'm so glad we selected Casa Cuba as our wedding venue. The place has a spectacular view, there service was great and the dogs e was very good.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Jay · event on 12/11/2015

2.8
      2.5
      2.0
      3.5
      3.0
      3.0

Pros: Price was reasonable & the view of the beach is amazing. The food was good. The event coordinator also allowed us to come in early to set up. Cons: Throughout the entire planning process, the POC was often slow to respond to my emails. At certain times, I had to call repeatedly just to get in touch. The venue itself is rather old & not maintained well. It was really dirty in some places. We had to use a lot of decorations to dress the place up. Only a couple weeks prior, we found out that no linens would be provided, as previously quoted, and they didn’t lower the price. The ladies bathroom stalls are separated by glass blocks, which are transparent! We had to cover them ourselves so our guests would feel comfortable. A section of the floor is rotted underneath the tile, and the POC refused to get it repaired prior to our party. Next, a few days prior to the party, we requested to have allergen/dietary labels on the platters of food. Despite this being a seemingly simple task, the POC said they probably couldn’t do it. I ended up spending a couple hours making my own labels & then had to walk around the party & place them around all the platters myself, though I was really just guessing where they should go. The food itself was good (if you like Puerto Rican food). It would've been helpful if the POC was able to give us recommended serving sizes when we were choosing quantities, but since we weren't sure how much people tend to eat (we did hors d'ouevres only, no plated dinner), we ended up purchasing too much food, which was a waste of money. The bar was the biggest complaint. The guests had the option of getting free water/soda or paying for wine/beer/basic cocktails). The bartenders refused to lower the lighting over the bar area, so it was very bright & awkward. And even though they knew how many guests we expected, they only set up 1 bar. This created an extremely long, slow line all night.

Sent on 12/26/2015