Carson's Premier Catering Reviews

126 | Scottdale, PA

126 Reviews for Carson's Premier Catering

• W

Lisa · Married on 01/16/2010

They had the tables set up perfect and the food was awesome.

Sent on 12/19/2010

Lauren · Married on 10/04/2008

Carson's provided amazing, well-prepared food for our October 2008 wedding. My husband-to-be was very adamant about not having bland, unoriginal buffet fare at our reception. After I took him to a tasting at Carson's, we both were convinced Tim and his staff could keep all our guests well-fed and happy, and they certainly did! Tim was so helpful and professional throughout the entire planning process. His menu options are delicious and varied, and the staff does everything they can to help the dinner go off without a hitch. Carson's set-up lends a touch of elegance to an otherwise traditional buffet. They also provided unique add-ons, like the chocolate fountain, which our guests loved!

We would highly recommend Carson's Catering. Give Tim a call or stop by his restaurant. We're sure you'll like what he has to offer!

Sent on 03/04/2010

Nicole · Married on 05/24/2014

Carson's entire staff was great to work with!!! They were always quick to respond when we had questions and made us feel special the entire time. Everyone was polite, courteous, and willing to help! If there were any issues they were quick to help fix the problem ! I would definitely recommend them to others :)

Sent on 06/03/2014

I was always told that the food is the one thing that every guest will remember from your big wedding day. I had nothing but compliments on how the food was and the service provided. Many guests compared our food from other weddings they have been to and rated our food the best they've had. We also purchased wedding decorations including lighted bridal table decorations and dance floor lighting. This made a huge difference once we seen the full effect, it was gorgeous! Communication was amazing and Carson's was willing to help in every aspect to make our day so perfect!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Carson's catering did an excellent job helping me to coordinate my wedding. They have an excellent staff- Kelli and Stephen in particular were superb. I have two friends getting married next year and told them they MUST book with Carsons. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2012

Carson's had absolutely great food! They really worked with us to remain within our budget. We had almost 300 guests, and the family style service worked out great! Everyone was served a hot meal at their seats and didn't have to wait in line at a long buffet. They were very accommodating the night of the reception! The only mess-up was that there were no glasses of water at the tables. Small mishap though - would definitely still go with them and recommend them to a friend!

Sent on 01/23/2013

lindsay · Married on 05/29/2011

We were reccomended Carson's catering through a friend(another bride) and my place of employment. I work for DeLallo's and they use many of our products for their Saturday night buffet and their wedding catering. I would like to highly reccomend them from start to finish as a wedding caterer. Tim the owner and his staff we very easy to work with and acccomodating to any and all ideas. Whatever we suggested, Tim ran with and surpassed our expectations. Not only did they prepare some of the best food we have ever had, but were also a huge help in setting up our venue and ceremony site. The staff went all out to assist us in making the perfect day and were top notch professionals. We cannot thank them enough for all of their hard work over the past months. Our guests were also very pleased with the unique set up of the food, the quality, quantity and great taste, and prompt/friendly service of the staff. Carson's Catering made our wedding day so special, perfect, and more than we ever expected!! I send only my highest reccomendations along to any couple searching for a wedding caterer. Contact Carson's today and they will make all of your wedding dreams and more come true! Thanks again Tim and staff for everything! You are the best!!! Lindsay

Sent on 06/29/2011

Ashley Ogden · Married on 09/21/2019

Great service!

My husband and I hired Carson's to cater our September 2019 wedding and had a great experience! I don't even live in the same state but was able to schedule one in-person meeting with the manager many months before the wedding date, and everything after that was coordinated via email. The staff person assigned to lead our wedding (I think Lauren) contacted me a few days before to go over all of the little details, and I truly never had to worry about them again--they really took care of us on the day-of. At the cocktail hour we realized that they had brought the wrong beer selections, but someone immediately ran to the distributor and purchased the correct ones and they were back in time to be served after dinner. The food was also top notch--we got a ton of compliments saying how good it was! I wouldn't hesitate to hire Carson's again.

Sent on 12/23/2019

Melanie · Married on 05/12/2018

My husband and I chose the Barn at Ligonier for our wedding, which Carson's owns. Everything went fairly easy and any changes I wanted to make they promptly made and updated my balance. The day of the wedding they were amazing. We were hoping the rain would hold off, but it ended up thunder storming right when the ceremony was going to start. Some guests and carson's staff flew into action and set up a makeshift alter inside. Everything went off without a hitch. Carson's set everything up the day before and packed everything up by the end of the night. My husband and I just loaded everything into the car. I've been to plenty of wedding were the bride and family are cleaning up at the end of the night, and I didn't even have to think twice about it, which let me enjoy the night! If you are looking for a rustic barn wedding, you can't go wrong with carson's.

Sent on 05/28/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/07/2016

We were married at the Barn at Ligonier Valley. Carson's was the caterer used by this venue. They were very professional and attended to our needs. They ensured my husband and I had drinks and snacks during cocktail hour while we were taking pictures. They also made sure we ate dinner! So many couple don't get to eat on their wedding day, we really appreciated this little detail. Everyone raved about the food and how beautiful everything looked. Thank you for making our day so perfect!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Our daughter's wedding fell on the Sunday before Labor Day. We had items that needed to be returned to the Florist after the wedding but since it was Labor Day on Monday, Sept 1, we could not deliver them because the Florist was closed for the holiday. We called Tim Carson and he said he would return the items to the Florist on our behalf the next day. This was such a nice added touch since we all live at least an hour or more from the venue and it would have been hard for us to come back to do it another day that week with all of us needing to go back to our jobs on Tuesday.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Darren · Married on 05/24/2014

Carson's did a great job with our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception. Tons of complements about the food. We had the carving station, chicken parm, green beans, red skin potatoes, and the full salad bar for the reception. We also had the meat, cheese, crackers and fruit display, which I'd recommend to others. It was lots of good snacks for the guests. There was never a shortage of food for guests. They were pretty easy to work with. My only suggestion to them would be to officially one contact person for the entire planning process. We coordinated by phone and email with three different ladies during the 5 months before and they was assigned a wedding point-person named Bob (who did a great job) one week before the wedding to reconfirm everything. Not a game changer, but it would of saved us to repeating everything multiple times and we wouldn't have had "he said, she said" mix ups. Again, just to be clear... everyone we worked with there was super nice and did a great job. Definitely an above average business and they do a great job. I'd highly recommend others to use them for large event planning.

Sent on 06/22/2014

Kimberly · Married on 10/13/2012

Carson's was an excellent catering company to work with. Not only did they do an excellent job with the catering aspect, they also set up all the linens and made special orders for me with perfect execution. The food was great and fairly priced and the company was very easy to work with from start to finish. I would recommend Carson's to bride's in the future looking for professional, high quality, reasonable catering service.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Tim Carson, Leah and Stephen were all wonderful to work with. We received nothing but compliments for the food at our wedding. They were very easy to work with, and took care of any issues that we came across. Tim went so far as to recommending and reviewing the local hotels around our venue to ensure our guests had a great weekend.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Mandy · Married on 09/04/2010

The staff at Carson's was wonderful! They made sure everything was perfect for me on my wedding day. Charity and the others did a fantastic job setting up everything and serving all the food, which was delicious! I'm very happy we chose Carson's.

Sent on 12/13/2010

Melissa · Married on 06/18/2016

3.5

Carson's catered our wedding and we absolutely loved them! You are paired with a personal wedding coordinator who is there to help with all of your wedding needs. We got Bethany and she was absolutely terrific-- including answering my last minute texts as my bridal party was making their intro into the reception! The food was fantastic, and all of our guests were thrilled. They not only provided us with amazing food, servers, and staff, but were also amazing throughout the entire set-up process. I would highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Carson's Premier Catering's reply:

Congratulations! We had a wonderful time celebrating the two of you on your special day. Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of it!

Best Wishes!

We had our wedding 9/19/15 at the Barn at Ligonier Valley and Carson's was the exclusive caterer. We can't say enough about how wonderful it was with Bethany as our wedding captain day of and the help from Tim Carson and Beulah to get everything organized in the months leading up. Knowing that Carson's does a lot of business, email communication was prompt, concise, and very very helpful. It was great to be able to visit their restaurant on several occasions to sit down and talk, see their mock table settings, and sample the food. The food was excellent and the staff were very attentive, organized, and polite. We highly recommend Carson's!

Sent on 10/07/2015

3.5

I was so happy with Carson's, the food was good we just had a few people complain that they ran out of sides by he time they served their table and the roast beef was dry.

Sent on 08/09/2013

katy · Married on 08/04/2012

Carson's Catering managed my wedding location, reception location, and catering. Tim Carson provided information regarding all pricing. There are several pricing options for every type of wedding. The wedding planning process went well once I determined what questions to ask. Tim and his staff always had the answers to all of my questions. They were very flexible with my requests and very willing to work with me to make our wedding do perfect. The catering staff that prepared the venue and catered the event were kind and professional. We appreciated all of the hard work they did to make our night run so smoothly! On top of all that...the food was phenomenal! Really...really...really...phenomenal! Makes me hungry just thinking about it!

Sent on 09/23/2012

Gina · Married on 09/24/2011

I recommend Carson's to everyone girl I meet who is planning their wedding. Their packages are reasonably priced, and Mr. Tim Carson makes everything a breeze with having a lot of wedding musts included in those packages. His staff was AMAZING at the reception, anything our moms asked for or needed was done without a problem; they went above and beyond. We had the White Glove Buffet package, and the food was great! I was a very happy bride!

Sent on 01/31/2012

Alicia · Married on 04/23/2016

3.0

We worked with Carson's for our wedding at West Overton. I really liked that we were able to get in there the day before and do all of our setting up. Nikki was our day of contact. She was awesome. She and her staff set everything up exactly how we wanted for everything we weren't able to do the day before (it rained the day before our ceremony). They also checked in throughout the evening. Nikki ran out to get us more alcohol when we were afraid we might run out and they consolidated everything for us after the reception so that clean-up on the next day was super easy. The venue was beautiful and they were flexible with any of our requests. At times, it was difficult to get questions answered. For example, we asked about 5 times for the measurements of the barn doors so that we could get lights in there but we never got an answer so we just abandoned that idea. Overall though, our wedding was amazing! We had so much fun and everyone commented about how great and unique the venue was. If I had to do it all over again, I would still go with Carson's.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Natalie · Married on 07/06/2013

Loved working with Carson's Catering. The company really does have the patron's best in mind when designing the event and were very caring and considerate throughout the entire process. My only tiff was that they charged a large difference for slight modifications to the traditional menu and a few details were lost in translation regarding the meal. Nothing major, but just things that would have been nice to know beforehand. Overall, I very much enjoyed Carson's Catering and the service was great.

Sent on 07/18/2013

Carson's Catering was great! I worked mainly with Tim and Kelli, who were both extremely helpful. A few months before our wedding, they invited my husband, myself, and my family in for brunch so that we could try their food and decide for sure whether we wanted to book them. Once we did book them, we were invited back again to sample all of items they offered for the type of dinner we selected. It was A LOT of food, and it was all delicious! We chose a buffet, but Tim offered to serve the head table and parent table, which was great, especially since some of our grandparents are starting to have a hard time getting around. The food at the reception was excellent and I have only heard good things from everyone I have talked to since our wedding. We had an outdoor ceremony and wanted to have the porch where the wedding took place decorated. We emailed Kelli some pictures of what we were thinking; she got back to us with her ideas and a price, however, for the price we were given, I was a little disappointed with what was done. Don't get me wrong, it was beautiful, I'm just not sure it was worth what we paid. That would be my only complaint though. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer in the a greensburg area!

Sent on 07/03/2013
  • User2067323 · 2+ years ago

When my parents and I went to do our taste testing for which food we were going to choose, we were very disappointed. Nothing was hot, the food tasted funny and everything was overdone. We expressed our concerns to the owner Tim Carson. He was very willing to work with us and make sure that we were satisfied. I was worried about how it would turn out but the food ended up being delicious! The only other problem that we had was that when they came to set everything up on Friday, they put down plastic silverware when in our contract it was specifically stated that we were to have real china. When we called to tell them, they apologized and fixed the problem right away. I really liked that they served the head table instead of making us walk through the buffet line. In the end, I was happy with the service and quality.

Sent on 10/18/2012

Justin · Married on 05/28/2011

3.0

If you are going to use Tim as just a caterer, I’d say go for it. His prices are very reasonable, his food is excellent, and his service staff is good. If you are using him at the Overton Museum site, I would suggest getting a wedding planner.

I would also like to add some context. We were amoung the first Weddings at the Museum since they changed directors and Tim took over as an exlcusive Caterer. Our exerperience may not be the norm.

He did a good job showing us the Museum site. We looked at the siteon a number of occations, and Tim was always accomidating and present. Where we ran into some problems was when plans changed. He failed to let us know when the smaller barn didn't pass a inspection, and we were unable to use the barn for our rehursal dinner. We were also planning on using the farm house to prepare for the wedding which we were told we could. A week before the wedding we were told we could only use the lower kitchen. My wife and I laid out the table numbers and arranged the 8 top and 6 top tables the night before. Somehow all of the numbers got rearranged and our parents had no were to sit.

Again, Tim did a good job when it came to the food. I would recommend him. However, he is not a wedding planner for the Overton site. I think we had hirer expectations when it came to the venue and Tim’s involvement.

Sent on 12/06/2011