Carson's Premier Catering Reviews

126 | Scottdale, PA

126 Reviews for Carson's Premier Catering

• Nikki

Nikki · Married on 09/26/2015

I am so pleased with my choice of Carson's Premier Catering to cater my wedding. The staff were all very professional, kind to my guests and I, and efficient with their work. Aside from the day of the wedding, the staff at Carson's in the office were attentive to anything my husband or I needed from the time we even thought about selecting them as our caterers, to even days after the wedding was over. I received texts and calls, as well as verbal comments, about how great the food was at my wedding. I would recommend Carson's Catering to anyone, they were great!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Laura · Married on 09/06/2015

We are currently planning our upcoming wedding at The Barn at West Overton which is managed by Carson's Catering.
    The venue is very rustic and beautiful. The large barn was built with brick which can be seen on 3 of the 4 walls inside and the large doors on the remaining wall can slide open to have the party easily flow between the two spaces set this venue apart from many of the other barns in the area. We fell in love immediately!
    The first day we toured a few facilities we met with Tim who could not have been nicer. He was very patient with all of my questions and invited us to brunch at the restaurant.
    We are beyond excited to be celebrating our big day with Carson's at this venue!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Paula · Married on 09/05/2015

Our catering experience with Carson's premier Catering was exceptional. We could not have asked for more. Our food, the service and the staff were wonderful. We could not be more pleased.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Carson's Premier Catering's reply:

Paula,

Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your big day! We had so much fun celebrating with you and wish you so much happiness!

My wife and I had our wedding on 8/29/15 at the Barn at Ligonier Valley. We HIGHLY recommend using Carson's Catering as your caterer. They did a wonderful job from start to finish. Tim and Buelah were always available to speak (and my wife and I did contact them frequently to ask questions and communicate our thoughts). They aren't going to produce high-end 5-star restaurant meals but you will not find better food for a very reasonable price. Your guests will be pleased. If you want a fairly large wedding (up to 200 or so people) in a rustic barn and have a somewhat tight budget, and want the ability to personalize your wedding - do yourself a favor and go get Carson's. We even had a last minute adjustment with our final count and they were more than willing to accommodate. Tim runs his business the right way and it shows. Only caveat with Barn at Ligonier Valley - make sure to inquire as to microphone sound if choosing to have the ceremony outside at the gazebo. Good luck!

Sent on 01/03/2016

Denise · event on: 08/15/2015

Carson's catering services for our event, the Monessen High School Class of 1965 50th Anniversary Reunion, held on Saturday, August 15, far surpassed our expectations. With Beulah at the helm, the crew never stopped working to help make our party the success that it definitely was. We are still receiving rave reviews about how good the food was, about how attractively it was set up, and about how professional the servers were. My concerns were put to rest by Beulah who answered my emails promptly and took care of every detail. Choosing Carsons as our caterer was a very wise decision.

Sent on 08/19/2015

Heather · Married on 08/15/2015

I chose The Barn at Ligonier for my reception and ceremony site. Tim Carson was right there from the beginning. We had requested to do our food tasting with them early so we could get everything else planned and he was so accommodating and got us in asap! Their food was so delicious we had a hard time choosing exactly what we wanted to have. I know i changed my mind a dozen times when it came to what i wanted for my wedding and each time Tim and his employees responded back quickly and always had an answer to any question i had. It was hard for me to plan the wedding because i could not call when i needed to but they made it convenient with me emailing them. We were able to get into the hall two full days ahead of my wedding date. There was a little hiccup with the set up but Tim Carson took care of it personally and quickly fixed the problem. The day of my wedding Tim and his team went above and beyond for me. My day went off with a bang and was perfect!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Perfection!!! Not only was the food perfect, Carson's did over and above! The people were INCREDIBLE. Bethany was our wedding "captain" and she was responding to my goofy text messages at 11pm. I also made some weird requests and had to make some last minute changes! I am so appreciative of their service! We got so many compliments on the food!! And even got a little gift from the staff. <3 You guys are AMAZING! Also, super affordable!
    We also got our table cloths and runners from Carson's and the quality of that was amazing as well. Couldn't have done it without you!

Sent on 08/17/2015

mollie · Married on 07/24/2015

Booking our venue and catering through Carson's was a great decision. Everyone was helpful from the moment we called to view the venue! We got married at West Overton barn and used Carson's "picnic menu" that has more grilled/bbq food. We wanted a more relaxed (but still upscale) feeling at the wedding and it all came together really nicely with the picnic menu and some small adjustments and upgrades. Carson's is also a great value, especially for a caterer in the Pittsburgh area.
    Tim and Beulah were both really helpful in answering our questions, making adjustments to the menu, helping us with decorations, etc. throughout the whole process. After seeing the venue and before booking them, we were invited to come to brunch at the restaurant to taste the quality of the food - which was all pretty tasty - before booking them and scheduling a tasting to try the menu we were interested in. The food at the tasting (and the wedding) that we requested was delicious and my husband and I looked forward to eating the food at the wedding (which I think is, sadly, kind of impossible at your own wedding). The food and service was excellent, and we received quite a few compliments. They also offer to set up a dessert/cookie table for you and were extremely helpful with ours as one of the bridesmaids and friends had helped to make 600 Brazilian candies that needed to be set up. They made it work and got everything set up for us!
    I would highly recommend the venue and the catering for anyone looking for a unique wedding venue and experience for their guests. I couldn't be happier with how everything worked out for our wedding and we owe a lot of it to Carson's.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Katie · Married on 05/30/2015

We used Carson's on our wedding day at Destiny Hill Farm. Our venue recommended them, and we are so happy they did! We had a very delicious (and filling!) taste test months in advance, because we were not living locally. Tim went above and beyond to satisfy our needs after our tasting when we wanted to modify our menu. We ultimately decided on passed hors d'oeuvres and cheese stations for cocktail hour. Our main course included the option of Salmon, vegetarian lasagna, or beef filet. The presentation of everything including the salads was impressive, and we received many compliments on the food from our guests. The service by Tim and his staff on our wedding day was top notch. We had 150 guests, and everyone's meal was served warm. Our venue did not provide grills, so they cooked everything on site with their own equipment outdoors. It rained for a good half hour, but that did not slow them down - they were totally prepared! Tim we can't thank you and your staff enough for all of your hard work! It was a pleasure working with you, and we would recommend your service to any future bride and groom! Katie and Travis

Sent on 08/16/2015

Sara · Married on 05/02/2015

I worked closely with Tim and Beulah for my wedding. They were very accommodating and easy to work with. They always got back to me immediately or the day of if I needed anything. The food was excellent, it was buffet style so you would assume it to be dry. My guests agreed this was not the case, it was fantastic and replenished quickly.

My reception was held at West Overton. The facility was clean, and the staff was professional and personable. They even let us set up two days prior, with no issues on leaving my decorations and alcohol in the locked barn.

His staff displayed my cookies, lit my centerpieces, and made sure everything was perfect for me. Usually catering companies hire young irresponsible kids and that scared me, but his staff was very professional and kind!

Everything down to the details was right on mark. I cannot thank them enough.
    Thank you Tim!! - The Crafts

Sent on 05/07/2015

rich · Married on 11/08/2014

We just had our Wedding at West Overton on November 8, 2014 and could not be happier with the service we were provided from Carson's. The venue is amazing and the food was great. Good Job Carson's.

Sent on 11/27/2014

I had my wedding at the barn at ligonier and it was amazing. Carsons went above and beyond with everything I had asked them to do! I am a Gluten free Bride and some of my family members are also, the gluten free meal that they prepared for us was wonderful! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/21/2014

Jessie · Married on 09/20/2014

Carson's went above and beyond to make our wedding day amazing. The owner, Tim, took every one of our requests into consideration and executed them without question. We had asked for a few special requests and were very pleased to see that they were taken care of. We recieved so many compliments on the beautiful venue and food. Overall it was more than we could have hoped for- everything was perfect!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Amber · Married on 08/23/2014

Carson's Catering was phenomenal! The food was absolutely delicious and our guests still can not stop talking about how amazing everything was! They made our wedding a breeze and we couldn't be happier! We highly recommend them to anyone looking for a caterer!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Kristi · Married on 08/09/2014

Carson's was very easy to work with and the food and service was wonderful! The team lead for our reception even offered to take an important picture for us when our photographer left without telling us! I would recommend Carson's and West Overton barn to anyone looking for a great rustic site and great service!

Sent on 09/02/2014
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 07/19/2014

Carson's was amazing. They truly thought of everything. They were experienced, professional, and really made our day perfect. The food was delicious and the servers swept in and out unobtrusively. I was happy to do business with them and heartily recommend their services to anyone being married in the Pittsburgh area.

Sent on 08/15/2014

Carson's Catering was wonderful to work with. We had our wedding at Penn Scenic View in Somerset County. Guest count was 75.

I contacted them for menus and pricing a year ahead of time and went back and forth with the type of wedding we wanted to have. They were very flexible in doing whatever we wanted.

We did go through wedding consultants 3 times with them I guess do to new employees but each time they just picked up where the last left off. Everyone was always aware of our choices and it went off without a hitch.

We did an initial tasting at their restaurant which is a huge buffet. Then we went back for our final tasting and made some changes. We mixed our menus a little and picked a bar package that worked for us. Charity was great to deal with and responds quickly. Our Captain for our wedding was Jolene who did an excellent job. Her husband was our bartender and we got tons of compliments on how great he was. Never had a line at our bar. Guests were still talking about how much they liked the food after I came back to work a week later. They served all our guests in about 15 minutes and broke down the buffet stations quickly for dancing. They helped set up our tables and napkins. They packed up all leftovers neatly and stored them for us for the next day.

Great company to work with!! Would use again for events!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Loved using Carson's for my wedding. Chose the White Glove All Inclusive. Carson's Catering, especially Michelle and Charity went out of their way to make sure that everything was perfect for the day. I tried to choose options that were different went it came to food. I didn't get to eat much, but my guests have told me they were incredibly happy with the food, it was delicious, they loved it because it wasn't typical wedding food. I could tell because I barely had any food left to take home. My Guests also loved having the appetizers, veggie buffet, meat and cheese buffet, and the chocolate fondue. They absolutely loved Carson's.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Jill · Married on 05/17/2014

They were wonderful and I would suggest them to anyone!!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Brooke · Married on 05/05/2014

Charity from Carson's Catering is the best!! I feel that I got a personal wedding planner because Charity was a rock star!! Any event I've ever been to from Carson's has been spectacular!

Sent on 05/05/2014

Rob · Married on 11/23/2013

Carson's Premier Catering was absolutely fantastic. From our first meeting with Mr. Carson himself all the way to the wedding day went very smoothly. There was little stress on my wife and I as they took care of everything. The first tasting didn't go as planned so we voiced our displeasure. Immediately we received personalized customer service and was invited back for a second tasting. The second tasting went wonderfully and from that point on we couldn't have asked for a better caterer. On our wedding day we didn't worry about a thing and Carson's delivered. The food tasted better than it did at the tasting and we received many compliments on the food. Would recommend everyone use Carson's Premier Catering as they truly make an already special day even better.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Amber · Married on 09/28/2013

There is not enough good I can say about Carson's. They started off the entire process by having us come out to their restaurant to let the food speak for itself. Needless to say after dining with them we wanted more information immediately. We choose to go with them shortly after discussing with the owner Tim, who was so amazing he even offered to marry (and did marry) us! The pricing was amazing, the food was incredible and honestly everything I could have imagined. The responsiveness was perfect! I think the best part is at the end of the night after they had given me the day I wanted they presented me with an adorable gift basket that my husband and I enjoyed the night of the wedding. Hands down the best decision we could have made!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Micaela · Married on 07/05/2013

Carson's Catering was amazing for my wedding. We booked the Barn at West Overton to be our ceremony and reception site. The property itself is gorgeous on it's own. The setting is unique and fun; it was exactly what we were looking for.

Carson's was extremely accommodating and helpful to us throughout the entire wedding planning process. We picked a BBQ menu, which isn't their typical wedding menu, but they adjusted things and made it work for a wedding reception. We had a back up in place for the cocktail hour which we planned to have inside in case it rained. We used the farm house to take getting ready photos. We were allowed to access the barn two days prior to the event to decorate. Everyone I spoke with was incredibly professional, helpful, and attentive to what I wanted for my day. They were amazing.

Sent on 07/14/2013

Mr. & Mrs. · Married on 06/08/2013

Kelli, tim, and Stephen did an amazing job! Everything was absolutely perfect from start to finish ! The staff was friendly and helpful, they were always there to help. We would recommend the Barn at Ligonier Valley and Carson's Catering to everyone. Great Job!!!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/08/2013

The entire staff at Carson's were so helpful as we planned our wedding. The food was wonderful and the staff working our reception were extremely professional. The value cannot be beat, as they provided everything from setting up all of the tables to packaging everything at the end of the night.

Sent on 08/01/2013