Carrie Joy Photography Reviews

76 | Marietta, GA

76 Reviews for Carrie Joy Photography

Carrie was amazing to work with. We were impressed from the moment we met at our fist meet/greet session. I loved that Carrie took the time to know us before our wedding day. Carrie was organized, prompt, kept us informed, and very responsive to any concerns/questions. Carrie was amazing on the wedding day, even helping me calm my nerves. She was almost like a second wedding coordinator in that she helped everyone keep to a timeline! She was present to capture all our moments but without being pushy or in your face.
    Our photos turned out amazing and we could not be happier with our entire experience with Carrie Joy Photography. I highly recommend her, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Carrie Joy Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Karina! I really enjoyed being a part of your day. You & Sanju are both incredibly sweet & have such a caring love between you. It's been amazing to get to know both of you! It was such an honor to be a part of your day. Thank you for the privilege of being your wedding photographer! Much love & appreciation - Carrie Joy

Lauren · Married on 04/01/2015

Very easy to work with, very nice outgoing, made me feel and look beautiful on wedding day (although I am not photogenic) She is amazing photographer as well. She gets work back timely and does quality work. Her timeline, day of planning, was very helpful to know every picture I wanted would be taken along with in a timely manner. She was awesome!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Jessica · Married on 02/07/2015

Carrie Joy and her second photographer, Kristina were AMAZING. I cannot even say enough good about them. Carrie Joy was able to keep everyone on task and on time while maintaining her cheery disposition. Our images came back in less than one month (super timely) and were just gorgeous. I could go on and on all day about how wonderful they were but I will leave you with this..you will regret not booking with Carrie Joy! (p.s. she also has very reasonable prices). Thanks for giving us something SO awesome to remember our day!
    xoxo, Jessica and John Pair

Sent on 03/06/2015

Carrie Joy Photography's reply:

Jessica & John - You two make me smile. It was an absolute honor to document your love & your beautiful wedding day. You two are full of joy & it definitely came through in every interaction! I also loved getting to know & capturing your lovely families. Hugs! - Carrie Joy

Hiring Carrie Joy was one of the best decisions we made! She was so great to work with, and we love the photos that we came away with from our wedding! For me, the photos she took were the perfect mixture of artistic and classic, and she managed to capture all the important moments along with special details, and candid moments that will always remind us of all the fun we had on our special day. When we were looking for a photographer, someone told us to keep in mind that your photographer should be someone you feel super comfortable with since they're going to be with you your whole wedding day. From the moment we first talked with Carrie Joy on skype my husband I and felt super comfortable with her, and we really enjoyed having her around for our wedding day. She talked through all the photos we wanted with us ahead of time, and on the day of the wedding I was able to relax knowing with confidence that she would make sure we'd gotten all the different groupings and all the different moments. All-in-all, I can't recommend Carrie Joy enough!

Sent on 07/25/2015

We loved working with Carrie Joy! She responded quickly to every question we had along the way and did so in an enthusiastic and truly joyful way! Carrie Joy was great at interacting with our family and friends which enabled her to get some great candid shots! We are so pleased with all of our images and the variety in content and style! Would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Carrie Joy Photography's reply:

Anna - Thank you so much! I really & truly adore your lovely family and had a blast capturing them full of joy & in their element! I also have loved getting to know you & JohnDavid. Y'all are a joy! Thank you for the privilege of capturing your love! - Carrie Joy

Kari · Married on 10/25/2014

Carrie Joy was a critical part of my wedding. Leading up to the event, Carrie Joy was proactive in planning discussions, responsive through email, and flexible to any changes we needed to make. She was thorough and comprehensive in planning the timeline of the day, and she added much-needed input when we had questions about anything. On our wedding day, when Carrie Joy arrived, it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Just knowing that she was there and I would be in good hands was so comforting. Throughout the day, she was fun, friendly and personable, while still being professional and getting the job done. After our wedding, Carrie Joy had our images edited and back to us very quickly, and we could not be happier. She was the best decision we made regarding our wedding (besides deciding to get married in the first place!), and we are delighted to call her a friend now.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Carrie Joy Photography's reply:

Kari - What a pleasure it has been to get to know you & Kyle! I have adored capturing you guys & building a friendship with you both every step of the way. Your wedding was such an honor to photograph. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your lives! Much love & appreciation - Carrie Joy

Taylor · Married on 10/18/2014

Carrie Joy is absolutely wonderful. She made me feel so beautiful on my special day, and she made me feel like my husband and I were the perfect couple. I promise she'll make you and your fiance/fiancee feel the same way! She is incredibly talented, and you won't regret choosing her to photograph your big day! She is so sweet and is willing to work around your schedule. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Carrie Joy Photography's reply:

Taylor - What an honor it has been to know you & Nick; I have loved seeing your relationship grow & blossom. You are indeed beautiful inside & out, and I loved capturing that for you! Much love & appreciation - Carrie Joy

Sarah · Married on 06/07/2014

Carrie Joy was so fun to work with and did an amazing job!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Carrie Joy Photography's reply:

Sarah - Thank you so much! I loved being able to get to know you & Ryne, and loved being able to capture the amazing bond you have with your families! Thank you for the privilege of being your photographer! Much love & appreciation - Carrie Joy

Richard · Married on 05/25/2014

Carrie Joy is exactly the kind of person you would want your big day handled by. Professional, warm, knowledgeable, flexible. Someone who's committed to the entire process. I enjoy the fruits of her labor, and I enjoyed her company throughout the whole process. Thank you Carrie Joy. She truly is a saint that deals in exposure time and moment capturing.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Carrie Joy Photography's reply:

Richard - You & Hannah make me smile. I love your sweet relationship & adored getting to know you both through the whole process. Your love is beautiful & it was such an honor to capture it. Thank you! Much love & appreciation - Carrie Joy

Carrie · Married on 05/18/2014

Carrie Joy was amazing! We have used her in the past for our engagement pictures and knew we has to have her shoot our wedding reception. All of the pictures that she took turned out gorgeous and she's such a nice and understanding person to work with. Would definitely recommend her!!! :)

Sent on 07/13/2014

Carrie Joy Photography's reply:

Carrie - Thank you so much! I have loved being a part of you & Brent's life during this exciting stage in your lives! Thank you so much for inviting me to capture such a great day in your lives. I love your sweet spirit & kindness! Much love & appreciation - Carrie Joy

Heather · Married on 05/03/2014

I am so lucky I stumbled upon Carrie Joy Photography because I could not have found a sweeter, more talented, fun-loving photographer. She was organized and professional and made me feel completely at ease about our wedding day. She was also friendly and took the time to really get to know Matt and I as a couple. I had so much fun having photos taken with her on our big day. Not only that, I had fun getting to know her and at the end of my wedding felt like I not only met an amazing photographer but acquired a new friend!

We also enjoyed working with her friend Kristina who helped take photos at our wedding. Both of them felt more like wedding guests to us! I know that if I ever need a photographer again they will be the first ones we call!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Carrie Joy Photography's reply:

Heather - You are a gem. From our first meeting I knew I'd not just met another bride but made a new friend. I adore you & Matt & have been incredibly blessed and encouraged to witness and capture your love! Thank you for the privilege of being a part of your lives! Much love & appreciation - Carrie Joy

Danielle · Married on 11/16/2013

Carrie Joy is the best photographer we could have had for our wedding! She was very helpful with picture location ideas for our engagement shoot and truly went above and beyond our expectations! She truly captured the emotions of our wedding and got great shots from a variety of places at our venue! We will definitely be using her again for our photography needs!

Sent on 12/13/2013

Carrie Joy Photography's reply:

Danielle - You are gorgeous - inside and out. I have loved getting to know you & Kurt and absolutely adored capturing such an amazing time in your lives. Your love is an inspiration! Thank you for the honor of capturing the love between you! Much love & appreciation - Carrie Joy

Carrie Joy is so amazing and so much fun to work with!! Her personality really shines through in her photograpahy. From our engagement shoot, to the wedding itself, she did an amazing job! Her pictures are so perfect and we could not have found a better person to shoot our special day!!

Sent on 09/08/2013

Kristen · Married on 06/01/2013

When my fiancé (now husband) and I began the process of finding our wedding photographer, we were amazed by how many photographers there are just in the Atlanta area alone; after looking at dozens of photographer's websites, we narrowed down our search to 3 photographers and we set up meetings with them. Carrie Joy was the second photographer we met with and the rest was history. From the very beginning we knew that we could not go wrong with Carrie Joy because she is a true professional. Leading up to our wedding she was in constant contact with us, as well as the rest of our vendors, to put together a detailed timeline of the day's events--everyone received a copy of the timeline so the day's events unfolded seamlessly. Looking back on my wedding day I can honestly say that I have nothing but happy memories; I wasn't even stressed, and I know that a majority of the reason for that is because of the hard work and time that Carrie Joy put in initially to create the detailed timeline. What's even more telling is that I'm literally beaming from ear-to-ear in every picture. Carrie Joy captured our wedding day better than we could have ever imagined; we are so blessed to have her as our photographer/friend!

Sent on 08/24/2013

Carrie Joy Photography's reply:

Kristen - You are a joy! And it definitely shines through in your smile - seen in the photos from the day & in every interaction with you! You & Ben have such an amazing relationship & I loved being a part of the whole planning process as well as the wedding day! Thank you for the privilege of being your wedding photographer! Much love & appreciation - Carrie Joy

Carrie Joy is truly a JOY to work with! From the first time I spoke with her, I knew she was the kind of photographer I wanted to work with. She was genuinely interested in getting to know us and hear how we met, what we envisioned for a wedding, what my dress looked like, etc. I honestly have nothing but wonderful things to say about our experience. She is very professional and personable.

I like that Carrie is a very talented photographer but she is still down to earth. I had been looking at Pinterest for photo ideas and sent them to her. She had such a good attitude about it and even more importantly, she listened and incorporated the ideas in our sessions.

Carries service shines above the rest – well beyond her pictures and personality. She throws in little surprises along the way but my lips are sealed. I don’t want to ruin the surprises for you when you choose her as your wedding photographer.

We were very impressed that she scouted the perfect place for our engagement photos and was happy to re-visit our venue even though she had photographed there before.

Patience is a virtue and Carrie definitely has it. We wanted to include our dog in our engagement and wedding photos and he proved to be a huge challenge. Despite how uncooperative he was being, she stayed calm and kept trying to get that perfect shot because she knew how important our dog Cody is to us.

She definitely goes above and beyond and that meant a lot to me, especially having zero wedding experience and being a relatively new Georgia resident. In fact, she recommended an awesome florist (The Bride’s Bouquet) and great makeup artist (Rachel Rozanski from Brushworx On Location Hair & Makeup).

Sent on 04/06/2013

Julie · Married on 10/13/2012

Seriously, the BEST photographer around! Carrie Joy is incredibly professional yet makes you feel so relaxed, which is really hard to do on your wedding day! She has an incredible artistic edge to her photography. I have only seen a few of the pictures from our wedding day so far, but the photos are GORGEOUS and I cannot wait to see the rest! Carrie Joy also did our engagement photos and everyone raved over them!

Sent on 10/20/2012

Carrie Joy Photography's reply:

Julie - Thank you so much! You are such a beautiful person & it was such an honor to capture you & Bruno's love. Thank you so much for the privilege of being your wedding photographer and friend. Much love & appreciation - Carrie Joy
  • Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 10/07/2012

Carrie Joy was absolutely AMAZING to work with!! She was so helpful in finding a wonderful venue for my bridal portraits and even took time to visit the location before. She met me at my wedding venue before the wedding day just to talk through ideas of what I was looking for. She was very flexible when arranging dates to work with me and was very professional. My husband loved her as well and I couldn't have asked for anything more from her! She was very responsive and got my wedding photos back to me VERY quickly!

Sent on 01/17/2013

Carrie Joy Photography's reply:

Cheryl - You are an amazing person. You & Grant have such an effortless and beautiful way about you, & you both were an absolute pleasure to work with. Thank you for trusting me to capture your beautiful day. It was such an amazing day & so much fun to capture! I have adored getting to know you both as well! Much love & appreciation - Carrie Joy

Tara · Married on 08/04/2012

Carrie Joy lived up to her name, she was a Joy! She was on-time, professional and had the pictures ready early. She gave me so much more than I expected with previews and slide-shows. The pictures are beautiful and she captured every moment even better than I remember it. I highly recommend Carrie Joy Photography and will definitely use her again in the future, hopefully for baby portraits. :)

Sent on 09/03/2012

Amber · Married on 07/21/2012

Carrie Joy is great to work with; she is willing to listen to what you would like and will work to custom fit your photos to your personality.

Sent on 09/06/2012

Amy · Married on 07/07/2012

I am so, so glad I booked Carrie Joy Photography for my wedding! She is so professional, fun, and friendly. Her engaging, warm personality made me relax during pictures and my husband and I had the best time. My engagement photos were so much fun and they turned out amazing! I received the pictures quickly and could not have loved them more. Anytime I had a question or an idea, she was quick to respond. I was so impressed that she took the time to visit our venue before the wedding so she could get ideas for picture locations. Carrie Joy is very organized and made me feel at ease with the wedding--I knew we would get all the shots we wanted in the time we had. The day of the wedding Carrie Joy did an excellent job directing us during photos and had fun, creative ideas to ensure we would have great pictures. The pictures are beautiful and everything I was hoping for! I couldn't imagine trusting our wedding photos to anyone else. Thank you Carrie Joy for doing such an incredible job and leaving us with pictures we will treasure forever!! I can't stop looking at all of them :)

Sent on 08/03/2012

Emily · Married on 02/18/2012

Carrie Joy is a very dedicated photographer. She is sincerely nice, and willing to work with you. She takes the time to get to know you and your fiance on a deeper level, as she wants to provide the best service possible to you. Her goal is to help tell the unique story for every couple that she works with, and she definitely managed to achieve that with us. She is a wonderful photographer (I just love the photos she took of us!) and yet she is also a wonderful woman! I would highly recommend working with her. She gives you quality work for a quality price and she gets the final product to you in a timely manner. We had our engagement photos delivered to us not even a week after she did our photo shoot. Wonderful experience all around, I couldn't have asked for better service! :)

Sent on 03/25/2012

Kristen · Married on 09/25/2011

Carrie Joy is so wonderful! I had never met her before but felt like she was a close friend after talking to her! She is very personable, wants to know everything about the big day so that she is able to get the best pictures. I believe she went above and beyond when she was my photographer. She visited my venue twice before my wedding day to make sure she had the best spots picked for the perfect pictures! She is very talented at what she does and has captured the perfect moments! It didn't take long to get my pictures back either and she kept us updated every step of the way. She created a beautiful slideshow and let us share it with family and friends which I loved. It was all around a wonderful experience! My mother-in-law got even got all Carrie Joy's information so she could have it in the future when her other kids get married.

Thank you Carrie Joy!

Sent on 11/23/2011

Camille · Married on 05/14/2011

Carrie Joy Photography did an amazing job on my wedding photos. She also went above and beyond by finding a really cool spot for our after wedding photoshoot that was perfect for us. Her and her husband work really well together and help things get in order, as some times this can be a crazy day. My husband and I will always look back at our wedding with fond memories and joy because we have awesome photos to look back at.

Sent on 11/25/2011

Amy · Married on 10/03/2010

Carrie Joy was/is amazing! She photographed our wedding and went above and beyond on our day!!! I had so many ideas and questions and she answered everything and worked so hard to use my ideas. Carrie Joy captured our day and took it to the next level. She really knows what she is doing. Another wonderful aspect was she helped me work out when to take certain photos and knew when there was a candid shot in the making! I can not imagine anyone else doing as great as she did! 100% satidfaction!

Sent on 11/24/2011

Jessica · Married on 08/16/2008

Mrs. Carrie Joy was an amazing photographer and a huge blessing on our wedding day. She kept with our timeline and even was able get all the shots that I wanted! She was an amazing photographer and we get such great comments on our all our photos!! Thank you Mrs. Carrie Joy for giving me a great memory on my day and the greatest pictures to look back on!!!

Sent on 11/25/2011