Carriage House Catering Reviews

Carriage House Catering 3
Carriage House Catering 4
Carriage House Catering 5

Callie · Married on 05/27/2018

We loved working with Carriage House Catering, and the food was amazing! Our guests especially raved about the pimento cheese souffle (one of our appetizers). Laurie and Jeff were so accommodating and flexible when we worked with them to create our menu. From our first meeting, I knew we were in good hands. All the wait staff and bartenders were extremely friendly and professional.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Jeff and Carriage house catering were a highlight of my wedding day. My new Northern family raved about the Southern buffet---especially the shrimp and grits, they were a HUGE hit. The catering and bartender staff were professional and polite! They literally offered to crawl through the trash to help my mom find my "something old" that got misplaced in the craziness of the night. Jeff was amazing to work with and I would recommend Carriage house hands down!

Sent on 05/23/2014

LeeAnna · Married on 07/03/2016

The Carriage House staff were very friendly and helpful. My fiancé and I meet them for a tasting and planing the table decor and set up. The food was very good and they are very flexible. The best man and another friend are Gluten free and they made sure to have a plate for them both. It was a lovely buffet with southern style food. The cheese grits were a huge hit. We also had them do the wedding cake and it was very pretty and tasty.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Nancy · Married on 07/07/2017

My husband & I wanted a southern menu for our wedding reception & Carriage House Catering definitely delivered! The mac & cheese, collard greens, fried chicken & fried green tomatoes were all delicious! We also had more than enough leftovers, which we really appreciated being able to take home!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Diana · Married on 09/16/2016

The food was wonderful...and we had some picky eaters!!! We decided on a seated dinner instead of a buffet and the staff did a wonderful job of getting everyone their selected entrée. The beef tenderloin was to die for and the seasonal veggies were tasty. Our only complaint is we didn't get to eat all of our dinner because we were visiting our guests! Carriage House also provided our wedding cake and it was delicious. We thank the staff, serving staff and bar tenders for helping make our wedding a wonderful celebration for our guests.

Sent on 10/01/2016

We went in to meet with them a couple of months before our wedding to taste some food/cake, choose our menu, pick out linens, go over seating arrangements, and talk about the general flow of the wedding. Deciding these things is obviously extremely important, and so we switched between a few linen options one or two times during the meeting - the woman in the meeting seemed a little exasperated by this, but overall, these were good meetings. One week before the wedding, we met one final time, and they were very accommodating to our request to change the napkin colors. On the day of, they communicated with us well enough, flipped the ballroom effectively, set out the food/cake/champagne (at their planned moments), and ran the bar. The food and cake were both delicious - seriously, I don't typically like wedding cake, but this one was awesome. We have received nothing but compliments in regards to the food and cake.
    There was nothing that we noticed out of the ordinary, but the DJ thought that they were a little lacking when it came to helping keep the night on schedule. Also, I had a couple of wedding guests say that the bartenders took down our signature drinks menu (that laid out all the ingredients) within a few minutes, added other ingredients into the drinks without being prompted (vodka in an Old Fashioned?), and that one of them talked about her family issues with some of the guests ordering drinks. Even still, nobody seemed to complain about it, because they said she was generally pleasant, so I wasn't too upset. They were a little more expensive than some other catering vendors, but they did a great job overall!

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 06/10/2016

3.5

We had a consult and were able to customize our menu any way that we wanted. They worked with us to stay within a certain budget, and even helped source some special items (French macaroons!) and custom mini cupcakes for us. We ordered a "heavy appetizers" buffet menu for an evening summer wedding and received more than enough food / options to choose from. The buffet displays were beautifully done and our guests raved about the food. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Lisa · Married on 06/30/2012

3.2
      2.5

Our Whitlock Inn wedding reception was catered by Carriage House Catering. The catering ultimately turned out well - everyone had very positive things to say about the food - but working with them to plan our event wasn't all that spectacular. It was difficult to schedule a food tasting and it almost seemed like an inconvenience. I'm glad that we had the tasting though because I changed my mind from what we had originally planned to serve after we tasted the dishes. I also felt very rushed to make our other selections - like cake style and linens. It would be great if Carriage House would organize a monthly tasting on a Sunday afternoon so that multiple brides could come in and taste their food at once. A catering company that my friend used did this and it was a lovely afternoon of food tasting and menu selections.

There also seemed to be a lack of communication from the Carriage House to the Whitlock. The plan that was sent to the Whitlock was incorrect but luckily Alexis at the Whitlock followed up with us prior to the event to make sure that it was correct, otherwise the reception would have been totally different than what we anticipated. Also, the evening of our wedding they forgot that we were going to do a champagne toast. Our DJ actually had to run around and go outside to find our catering contact to get the champagne poured and ready.

While our reception was lovely and the food was good I just expected more in the service department. They were nice enough to back us a to-go dinner as we left the reception and all the left over food was given to my parents to take home. We had a ton of food left over - no one left our reception hungry :)

Sent on 07/06/2012

JoAnna · Married on 04/25/2009

3.2
      2.0
      3.5

food for reception was great. The wedding cake that they said came from confection perfection was awful. It looked fine, but tasted horrible. I was embarrassed.

Sent on 05/12/2009

Susan · Married on 07/07/2018

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

Unfortunately I had a bad experience with Carriage House. I have many functions but never used this company before. I furnished appetizers as well as the wine glasses. Two servers were hired for the small party for 35. The servers refused to bring the appetizers into the kitchen, saying this was not their table. I ended up washing the appetizer serving dishes as well as every wine glass since they refused. I have never worked with a catering a company that did not help clean and relieve the hostess from these duties. Maybe they did not like the fact the appetizers were not purchased from them. I would never use Carriage House again for a small party. There are too many great caterers in Atlanta who are there to please and want to help the hostess. After all the servers were being paid to service. DID NOT HAPPEN.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Carriage House Catering's reply:

I am sorry to hear this. I talked to the host who's home this was at, planned and ultimately paid us for the event and she told me everything was lovely and tipped the two servers. I also talked to the servers and when you wanted the appetizers broken down they were attending to the dinner course. They cleared all the items but did not wash all the dishes. I am sorry we did not wash your dishes.