Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC Reviews

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 3
Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 4
Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 5

Sarah · Married on 04/07/2018

Carolyn is phenomial! I have utilized her three times since I have lived in the area and for my wedding she out did herself. Our wedding was very early in the morning so I needed an artist that was ok with starting before the sun was up. She was more than happy to accommodate. She was also willing to virtually meet my MOH to plan out the beauty scheme for her since my MOH does not live in the area. I highly recommend her for your makeup and hair artistry needs.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Nataya · Married on 01/27/2018

Carolyn was amazing!! She showed up to the bridal party location which made things so much easier for us on the wedding day. She did a fantastic job on our hair and makeup - we received tons of compliments from everyone at the wedding. I would highly recommend her to anyone that has a wedding or fancy occasion!

Sent on 03/02/2018

Kate · Married on 11/18/2017

Carolyn did hair and makeup for my wedding and was absolutely fabulous. She is easy to be around and created the perfect look for my mom, sister, and me. My hair and makeup looked classic, timeless, and natural, which is exactly what I was hoping for and something Carolyn is very good at. I highly recommend her to any bride!

Virginia · Married on 11/11/2017

I think the only way to start a comment on Carolyn is that when I couldn't find a pair of orange heels to wear on my wedding day, she sent her own pair, a fabulous t-strap suede she'd purchased in Italy, for me to try on.

Then I'll add that on the day that she did my hair and makeup trial run, I met up with my now-husband after and he looked like the emoji with the hearts in its eyes:)

I looked exactly how I wanted to look on my wedding day - like myself, just a li'l smoother and brighter:)

The final take away is that she is just such a delight to work with. I'm so happy she was recommended to me, I will pass along the referral without reservation.

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 6
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 7
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 8
    Sent on 12/30/2017

Samantha · Married on 11/04/2017

I was SO happy with Carolyn's work at my wedding & rehearsal dinner. She helped me find the perfect bridal look and made me, my bridal party, and my mom feel beautiful! She timed everything perfectly. I could not have asked for better!

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 9
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 10

Susan · Married on 10/28/2017

Carolyn was the best!!! If you want to look gorgeous and absolutely your very best, she is it :) You will still look like you. Carolyn is knowledgable, patient, and has great vision. Any do and style you want, she can replicate. My entire bridal party looked terrific - and we were a range of body sizes, hair styles, and ethnicities. Highest recommendation here!

Sent on 03/06/2018

Carly · Married on 10/21/2017

Carolyn is a true artist and a consummate professional. One of the things I was most concerned about for my wedding was finding the right hair and make up professional as I am incredibly specific about both. Carolyn was recommended to me by my wedding planner and I scheduled a trial. She came to my home for the trial and was so warm and friendly she immediately made me feel comfortable and excited. She spent time asking me about my preferences for my hair and make up, including skin sensitivities, as well as the overall look I was going for so that she could understand my vision for the day. She got to work and the result was perfection! I had zero changes (which, if you know me, is pretty insane!). Following the trial, I felt extremely confident leading up to my wedding day where Carolyn and her fabulous team did make up and hair for myself, my mother, my five bridesmaids, my mother in law and several others. The team showed up early and stayed late and made sure each person felt beautiful and taken care of before putting the finishing touches on their look. Carolyn's upbeat and go-with-the-flow personality made working with her seamless and enjoyable. I loved my wedding day look and am so grateful to Carolyn for making me look my best, even after a quick (joyful) crying fit right before walking down the aisle! I recommend Carolyn to everyone and since my wedding I have worked with her for hair and makeup for other events and my bridesmaids have as well. I am already looking forward to other opportunities to work with Carolyn - she's amazing :)

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 11
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 12
    Sent on 03/28/2018

Kate · Married on 10/14/2017

Carolyn was a joy to work with: professional, flexible, knowledgeable, and fun! I booked her for my bridal hair and makeup (and makeup/hair trials) as well as my bridesmaids' hair styling, and could not have asked for a better person to work with.

From the time I submitted my booking request until after my wedding, Carolyn was always responsive to comments and questions via email. I even emailed her months after my wedding to see if she still knew what foundation shades I am; she wrote back with an answer and other suggestions in less than a day!

She is also helpful and flexible. To save money, I knew that I wanted my maid-of-honor to do the bridesmaids' makeup. Carolyn consulted with my MOH and I so that the looks were cohesive, and allowed us to use all of her products on the day of the wedding for a small, nominal fee (a fantastic value).

I'm not someone who normally spends a lot of time on my own hair and makeup, and during the makeup and hair trials Carolyn was able to create the "natural" look that I wanted--my makeup and hair looked great without ever being fussy. She was also cognizant of my sensitive skin and made sure to work with products that have a great reputation for being gentle on skin.

Carolyn and her associate blended seamlessly into the getting-ready process the day of the wedding. She was on time (or early) at both our hotel and the wedding venue, and helped us feel comfortable and calm before the ceremony. She made sure to work with each of my bridesmaids about what type of hairstyle would work best for them based on their preferences, hair type, etc. All of my bridesmaids were over the moon with their hair styling.

Thanks to Carolyn, we all looked our best all day long!

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 13
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 14
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 15

Kate · Married on 10/14/2017

Thanks to Carolyn, we all looked our best all day long!

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 16
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 17
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 18

Blair · Married on 09/23/2017

Carolyn was an amazing part of our wedding day. She was so understanding and supportive when we had an important guest drop out last minute, and she did everything possible to keep everyone's spirits uplifted that morning. My bridesmaids still talk about how pampered they felt that day, and I couldn't have been happier with my own makeup. Thank you Carolyn!

Sent on 02/08/2018

Erica · Married on 08/26/2017

Carolyn came to my house for a hair/makeup trial and then did hair and makeup for my wedding party at our venue. She is fantastic and so patient. I provided her with minimal instructions on how I wanted my makeup, but I felt like she new what I wanted and it was perfect! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/04/2018

Lisa · Married on 06/11/2017

Carolyn was absolutely fantastic! After two other makeup trials with other companies (one which broke out my face in hives) I was panicked and didn't have any clue what I was going to do a month before my wedding. I was then referred to Carolyn from an event planner and she quickly responded and luckily available for my wedding day! Going into the trial with a lot of nerves, Carolyns presence quickly calmed me down. She assured me everything was going to work out and it did. She matched my foundation to my skin tone with ease and used new/clean products. Carolyn was the first makeup artist to actually listen to my wants as a bride. She is very professional, friendly, and super reliable. She even made me a little makeup kit for my wedding day! My makeup lasted the whole wedding day and I couldn't have felt any better about the whole experience. I wish I had gone to her in the first place! Thanks so much Carolyn!

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 19
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 20
    Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC 21

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2016

I would book her again in a new york minute!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Annie · Married on 10/15/2016

Working with Carolyn was everything I expected, and more. She did the make-up and hair for the bridal party of my best friend's wedding in 2012 and I knew immediately that I wanted to hire her for my wedding on 10-15-16. She was incredibly flexible as I was planning the wedding from out of state and worked her schedule around mine whenever I was on time. I did not know what to tell Carolyn specifically about what I wanted so I told her "romantic" and from that word she knew exactly how I wanted to look on my wedding day. I was incredibly impressed with her during the trial and my make-up stayed fresh all day. It was the first time that I wore fake lashes and she made sure that they felt natural. The products that she uses are extremely high quality and helped my skin feel covered but fresh. Carolyn was adaptive to plans on the wedding day and would have done make-up wherever we needed her. She did the make-up for me, my mom, my mother-in-law, and best friend. Everyone looked beautiful and she made us all feel comfortable. She keeps a calm presence throughout the chaotic time period of getting everyone ready. I was worried about my lip color staying fresh, so she simply gave me the lipstick that she had used and told me to keep it--super perk! My mother was nervous getting her make-up done because it was her first time and Carolyn made her feel comfortable and beautiful. My make-up looked fantastic, especially in pictures, and stayed on and fresh for the entire night. I highly recommend Carolyn for individual make-up services and for large group/weddings! She is simply the best.

- Annie Sabey (10-15-16)

Sent on 11/05/2016

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC's reply:

Thank you so so much for this amazing review! You were an absolutely gorgeous bride and so easy to work with! Xoxo

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2016

Carolyn was SO wonderful to work with! She did my hair and make up for my wedding, as well as all of my bridesmaids and my mother's. She is so great about listening to what each person wants and making suggestions to make everyone look their best. After changing my mind on my hair style months after having a consultation with her, she drove to my home for another run through to make sure that I loved it before we got to the wedding date. She's also super sweet and a joy to have around. Thanks to Carolyn I felt and looked the best I ever have, if only I could take her everywhere I go :)

Sent on 10/08/2016

kara · Married on 09/17/2016

Carolyn did my makeup and hair in September and I was beyond happy with how my hair/makeup looked. She was very responsive and amazing in every way. She was very easy to get along with and super friendly to talk to. She talked to me during my hair/makeup which made my nerves settle! Thanks again for making me look like a princess on my wedding day!

Sent on 11/29/2016
  • User5194634 · 2+ years ago

Carolyn was amazing! Leading up to our big day, she was extremely responsive and engaged. Her and her team were amazing the day-of: prompt, professional and polite! She drove over an hour during the holiday season to do my initial hair and make up trial - no complaints!

She is the sweetest ever!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC's reply:

Thank you so so much for the sweet review! I hope married life has been a dream! Xoxo

Katharyn · Married on 06/17/2016

I had hired a wedding planner to plan my out of state wedding. He immediately recommended Carolyn for my hair and makeup. I had my trial a few months before the wedding, and Carolyn was incredibly accommodating. I'm a shy person by nature, and she had made me feel immediately comfortable. She had quite a few people to get through for the morning of my wedding, but she went above and beyond for every single one of us. I had asked her to make me look as natural as possible, and that's exactly what I got. I felt beautiful on one of the very most important days of my life, and the comfort she gave me on a morning that can be incredibly stressful was beyond worth the price I paid.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Amanda · Married on 06/11/2016

I hired Carolyn to do my hair and make-up for my wedding day in June, 2016 and had the first chance to work with her as a trial for my hair and make-up for my engagement photos several months prior. She was absolutely incredible! For my engagement hair and make-up, she came directly to me at my house and had everything she needed. My hair was unruly, as it had been pinned up from work all day, and she magically transformed it into beautiful curls I could wear down in the photos. For my wedding day hair and make-up, she absolutely NAILED the look I was going for, giving me an elegant and side-sweeping low-set updo that was both soft and sophisticated. As for my make-up, I'll say this: I never knew I could look so good! The photos of me seeing myself for the first time say it all--I had a smile from ear to ear and couldn't stop gushing about how beautiful I felt. Carolyn also did hair and make-up for several of my bridesmaids and our mothers. All looked stunning.

If you're looking for someone who is flexible, easy to communicate with and has every make-up product you've ever wanted to try, Carolyn is your gal. She knows how to take your description of your vision for yourself and make it perfection. As an added bonus for all the brides out there, she also was recently a bride herself, so I thoroughly enjoyed talking to her about the planning process and trading stories--she knows what you're going through and easily relates!

Any other time I have hair or make-up needs, Carolyn will definitely be my choice.

Thank you, Carolyn!

Sent on 12/05/2016

La · Married on 04/09/2016

So glad I had Carolyn do all of the makeup for me and my bridesmaids! Day-of went perfectly - I knew it would be because the trial lasted through a bridal shower, YOGA CLASS and through the night of my bachelorette party. :) She was friendly, listened closely to all requests, and each of us felt and looked amazing.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/05/2014

Carolyn was a lot of fun to work with and did an amazing job on my hair and makeup. She responded quickly to all of my questions, from pricing to possible styles. She was also very flexible in scheduling our hair and makeup trial and wedding services. I was thrilled with the final look, which was a very fresh, bohemian garden hair 'do with natural, flattering makeup. I highly recommend Carolyn for brides and bridesmaids in the Charlottesville and DC areas!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Lauren · Married on 04/08/2010

So Talented!

Carolyn was amazing to work with and I seriously wish I could have her do my hair and make up every day. She was recommended by my wedding planner and she and I'm so glad he did. Carolyn is not only a kind, sweet person, she's an amazingly talented make up artist, making me feel like she was highlighting my natural beauty without caking on a ton of make up. She was so accommodating with her travel schedule, meeting me in NYC for my bridal shower and my family farm for the rehearsal dinner - and she handled my high maintenance mother and mother in law with ease and grace. I highly recommend her for your wedding day, or really any event you want to look your best.

Sent on 02/21/2019

My wedding was just this past weekend and Carolyn was my makeup and hair stylist. I was extremely impressed with her. We had a trial run a few months before and I told her some of the issues I had. So for the day of, Carolyn came with a new plan and helped make it perfect. She's extremely sweet and does a great job!! Thank you, Carolyn!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Carolyn Thombs Artistry LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for this review! It was truly a pleasure getting to know you and being your artist and stylist for your special day!

Carolyn

Taylor · Married on 07/15/2018

4.2
      2.5

Great experience! Carolyn did anything and everything to make sure my wedding day was special! :)

Sent on 09/08/2018