Carolyn Scott Photography Reviews

Carolyn Scott Photography 5
Carolyn Scott Photography 6
Carolyn Scott Photography 7

K · Married on 10/06/2012

I don't even know where to start. Carolyn and Geoff are just THE BEST team I have ever worked with. They are creative, fun, flexible, energetic, and just overall amazing people. We got married on the Outer Banks but decided to go with Carolyn and Geoff (based in Raleigh) for a number of reasons. Besides getting an awesome vibe from them upon our first meeting, and realizing we shared similar musical interests, these two have an uncanny ability to capture the most perfect moment on film (digital of course). Their style is simple and real...they don't need to do all of this post-production editing because they actual get it right the first time. And, they stay true to who they are as photographers. I really appreciated that about them! We also booked them because they were affordable--always an important factor in any wedding! Their package included a number of things from engagement shots to hours upon hours of wedding day coverage (in addition to rehearsal dinner coverage as well...they just went above and beyond!). During our "shoots" they never made it uncomfortable, but rather made us feel at ease and that was reflected in the photos. We actually look like US--very candid and fun. Carolyn and Geoff were so flexible that they woke up for a sunrise photo shoot (6am...it was our idea) on the beach, which was just so beautiful and we even stumbled upon some of Corolla's wild horses, who made beautiful additions to our pictures! The whole process was seriously out of a fairytale. I would without any reservation recommend Carolyn Scott Photography to any and all of our friends (and strangers!). I will definitely call on them again for future family portraits :) WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Amy · Married on 09/02/2012

Carolyn and her husband Geoff are an excellent team and took many beautiful pictures for our wedding! From the beginning, we knew we had hired the right photographers- even in emails, Carolyn was very professional, friendly, enthusiastic, and always ready to answer all of our questions with a quick and thorough response. She and Geoff were great on the actual wedding day- they did the portraits very efficiently, and for much of the ceremony and reception they mostly stayed in the background capturing the day. And while we were getting ready they were fun to hang out with! Carolyn got the pictures back to us VERY quickly- they were available for viewing less than a week after the wedding! The pictures are wonderful and really captured the feel of the day. I highly recommend Carolyn and Geoff to any couple getting married in Raleigh!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2012

Carolyn is awesome!!! She did our pictures for engagement, bridal portraits, and wedding. We LOVE all of our pictures and have gotten so many compliments from friends and family. Carolyn is very laid back, responsive, and flexible. It was a lot of fun working with her and her husband. We could not have asked for a better photographer!

Sent on 08/22/2012

Lindsey · Married on 06/30/2012

Easily my favorite vendor to work with! I did not worry about a single thing with Carolyn and Geoff!

Sent on 07/07/2012

Carolyn and Geoff are amazing photographers and all around genuinely great people. On our wedding day, we felt like they had been our friends for years - they made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and somehow they even made taking picture after picture…fun! Friends and family have said that our wedding pictures are some of the most beautiful they have ever seen and I completely agree! We couldn't have loved working with Carolyn and Geoff more and honestly don't have words to describe how grateful we are that we chose them to capture our special day!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Brandy · Married on 06/16/2012

Absolutely the best vendor we had. Carolyn and Geoff are professional and make you feel so comfortable on your wedding day. They say you get what you pay for and the photos were something we were just simply not going to skimp on. I actually planned my date around whatever their schedule was because as soon as I was engaged I knew I needed them. They're worth every penny! You won't disappointed, I swear. My pictures are the best out of alll of my friends who recently got married; everyone's jealous of them! They are shooting my sister-in-law's wedding next month because after she saw our engagement pics she couldn't let them get away lol I can't wait for the future various stages of life: pregnancy, babies, growing old, because I know I'll be getting Carolyn there to take pics the whole way through. If you can, book Carolyn and Geoff this second. Trust me.

Sent on 08/04/2012

Annalisa · Married on 05/19/2012

Where do I even begin!!!!!!! Carolyn & Geoff are amazing, we first met when were looking for a wedding photographer, originally from NJ moved to NC weren't sure on wedding location. Carolyn was sooooooooo accommodating to both situations! It ended up being in New Jersey so they flew up with us and did an AMAZING JOB!!!!!!!!! Carolyn did a pet shoot with our dog and cat, our engagement session and now our wedding woot woot. Carolyn Scott Photography all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/30/2012

I really can't say enough good things about Carolyn Scott Photography. I don't even know where to start. Carolyn is the main photographer who is accompanied by her very talented husband, Geoff. They're amazing photographers and a pleasure to work with. The proof is in the pudding, here's links to our 2 photo sessions with them (the wedding/reception and the day-after session). http://www.carolynscottphotography.com/blog/2012/05/16/abbysteve s-caffe-luna-wedding-in-raleigh/ http://www.carolynscottphotography.com/blog/2012/05/17/abbysteve s-day-after-session/ Carolyn is great to work with, she was always quick to answer my emails, provide suggestions when I was stumped and really worked hard to include all the things I was looking for in our photos - from the overall feel to special shots. In fact, they captured shots that I had randomly talked about in our meetings, stuff that I had forgotten about but they remembered. And I'm glad they did! At the same time, Carolyn keeps things real. She'll let you know what may work and what won't. I appreciated that honesty, like the time of day we were getting married was the worst for taking outside pictures. So some shots were kind of unrealistic, but she came up with realistic solutions to turn out great pictures. She will establish things like that early on in the process so there are no surprises. On the day of I had complete trust in those 2. They made me feel so confident about things that I didn't worry at all. They were completely on it. My husband and I aren't people who typically enjoy being photographed, in fact we consider ourselves highly un-photogenic. Carolyn and Geoff would give great instructions that we could understand (things get overwhelming on your wedding day!) and most of all, it was fun. Our day-after session was especially fun. I would do it again in a heartbeat, and remember this is coming from someone who is nervous in front of the camera. I feel like the price was well worth it!!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Elise · Married on 03/10/2012

I LOVE CAROLYN!! She is the bomb dot com! She and her lovely husband Geoff did our Engagement pics, Bridal portraits and our Wedding!! She makes you feel so comfortable and her creative genius will get you some really awesome, happy, special photos. We're going to enjoy ours from years to come!! In addition to her awesome pictures she has some great advice for wedding planning and staging a day that 1) makes sense in terms of time flow and 2) helps you be comfortable and not stressed at all. You're going to spend A LOT of time with your photographers on your wedding day (and before if you take engagements photos/bridal portraits) and I can't think of anyone else I would've wanted to hang out with on our special day. Highly, highly recommend!!

Sent on 03/20/2012
  • Tayor

Tayor · Married on 10/23/2011

Carolyn Scott Photography went above an beyond my expectations. Carolyn and her husband Geoff are a dynamic duo who we call friends after the wedding is said and done. They both put so much thought and care into our photos that they took. They captured the BEST moments of our engagement shoot and our wedding day. I would absolutely recommend Carolyn to anyone I know that is getting married. LOVE CSP!!!! <3

Sent on 11/15/2011

G · Married on 10/22/2011

My wife and I hired Carolyn and Geoff to photograph our wedding. We met with Carolyn 4 times before the day of our wedding and she was always there when we arrived at our meeting place. She showed flexibility when our engagement session was rained out and when we asked to have day of photos on a farm miles from our wedding site. On the day of Carolyn and Geoff arrived early to photograph all our decorations, throughout the day they documented every aspect of our wedding.

After the wedding my father-in-law and I both remarked that we felt like Carolyn and Geoff were not an obtrusive aspect of the wedding, unlike our experience with other wedding photographers. As a groom, I didn't feel pulled away from my guests or my bride. Without interrupting our fun Carolyn and Geoff were able to take excellent photos of our celebration.
    The turnaround on our photos was remarkably quick. One week from our wedding date my wife and I were able to view our photos online and the results are excellent. We have a ton of great photos that we will cherish throughout our lives together.

We would highly recommend them to anyone and would be happy to work with them again.

Sent on 11/05/2011

Mary Ann · Married on 03/05/2011

Carolyn Scott Photography is the best photography business around. I used her for engagement, wedding, and pet photography. We have her pictures all around our house. They are awesome. Carolyn is able to catch our personalities and her love for life all in one pic. Plus she doesn't make you awkwardly pose. I love working with Carolyn and on occasion her assistant/super cool husband Geoff. I will never have to go to Olan Mills or Sears again. Carolyn is going to do all my photos from here on out. Just simply because she is the best.

Sent on 05/31/2011

Cortney · Married on 11/13/2010

I would have given her (and Geoff) 10 out of 5 if I could! They went over and beyond! They are extremely friendly and have an amazing eye for photography! I will be using them again for photos other than wedding ones!

Sent on 11/15/2010

Carolyn Scott Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review, Cortney and James! We had such a great time working with you and your family and friends! You had a gorgeous wedding and I look forward to keeping in touch with you in the future. :) Thank you!

Barbara · Married on 10/23/2010

I am a minister and have worked with Carolyn Scott photography at weddings and always love watching she and Geoff work. They can approach things from a traditional mindset or a modern and unexpected one, whatever you prefer. But I love watching them work. Their work is excellent, their vision unique and fun and their photos always have a lot of heart. You won’t go wrong choosing Carolyn Scott Photography for your wedding.

Sent on 11/29/2010

Carolyn Scott Photography's reply:

Thank you, Barbara. :) It is always such a joy to work with you and see the incredible work you do. We loved having you at our wedding!

Kelsey · Married on 10/09/2010

Carolyn Scott Photography... I could go on forever! Her work is brilliant and refreshing, creative, and perfect! I can relive the best moments over and over, just from looking through her work!

Carolyn Scott Photography's reply:

Thank you, Kelsey! It was so great getting to know and become friends with you, Adam, and little Emma Grace! You are a beautiful family and had a lovely wedding!

Melissa · Married on 10/02/2010

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Carolyn is just a joy to work with! I can't tell you how many complements I've received about our wedding photos! She was able to combine what I had envisioned with her creative eye and the result was just gorgeous! In addition to this, she is extremely thorough, professional, and attentive. Not to mention, she responded to my multitude of crazy emails very quickly! I would whole- heartedly recommend her to any bride!

Sent on 12/11/2010

Carolyn Scott Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Melissa! It was awesome working with you, James, and your super nice and supportive family! That was a beautiful wedding and you can see how happy you two are in the pictures. :)
  • W

Daniel · Married on 07/31/2010

Carolyn and her husband Geoff were incredible. My wife and I couldn't have had a more fun photographer that did anything we wanted, but also had ideas for us that were awesome. If your looking for a photographer, go with Carolyn she will make your wedding experiece the best it can be!

Carolyn Scott Photography's reply:

Thanks, Daniel! I really appreciate the review from a groom in a sea of brides! Your wedding was a blast to photograph (as well as your new puppy!)

Renee · Married on 07/31/2010

Carolyn Scott Photography is amazing! Carolyn is so bubbly and knows exactly how to capture what you want. She is up for anything and will throw her own ideas in there too. We used her for our wedding as well as for some portraits when my husband and I bought our new puppy, and I could not ask for better pictures. The quility of her work and products are incredible, and I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Carolyn Scott Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Renee! I love working with you and Daniel! You guys have been such great clients and so fun to work with. :) Thank you!

Tamyra · Married on 06/26/2010

Carolyn Scott Photography was by far the best vendor I had for my wedding. When we had our first consultation, me and my husband knew she would be great for our engagement and wedding pictures and we were right!! I never had to chase her down, Carolyn was always very easy to get a hold of if we had any questions or concerns. Her quality of work exceeded my expectations!! I love everything about our engagement photos and wedding photos, all the way down to the dvd cases for our pictures!! She and Geoff make a great team! They are absolutely fantastic! Wedding Wire would be crazy to give this award to anyone else, Carolyn deserves it!

Carolyn Scott Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Tamyra! It was so great working with you and Darius over the course of several months. We had such a great time at your wedding!

Dorothy · Married on 02/20/2010

Carolyn (and Geoff) were absolutely amazing to work with!! My fiance and I had decided to have our wedding in February only three months prior to that time, and were in a rush to get all of our details together. Carolyn was the first photographer we interviewed with, and knew right away we wanted her for our wedding! She is an amazing person to work with, has a wonderful personality, and a great eye for photographic opportunities! She had our pictures to us within a week after our wedding (which was quicker than I expected), and they all came out AMAZINGLY! We will no doubt use her for all of our photography needs in the future!

Sent on 02/28/2010

Carolyn Scott Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, Dottie! :) I absolutely loved being a part of your wedding day with Jon! I wish you two nothing but the best. Thank you again for making this such a fantastic and fun wedding for me and Geoff!
  • Ladyvet

Stephan · Married on 06/26/2009

OMG!! Carolyn was so fantastic! She was down to earth, knowledgeable and professional....what more can you ask for? How about fantastic photos...and guess what? I got those too!!

She took the time to really find out what I wanted and give me ideas on how to make it better. Our trash the dress shoot was amazing!!

I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/23/2009

Carolyn Scott Photography's reply:

thanks, stephan! i still get comments almost daily on your trash the dress session and it's been a favorite of mine to use in website promos because it was so fun. you guys are so fabulous!

Julie · Married on 05/30/2009

I did not know Carolyn prior to her photographing my wedding. She was well beyond any expectations I had. She is very personable, attentive, and organized. It is evident that she loves what she does and it shows in how she interacts with you, your guests, and the final product she gives you.

I would highly recommend Carolyn if you are looking for a photographer for your wedding. There were many different types of pictures and poses that she took giving me many different options to choose as my favorite. She is more concerned with making you happy then just getting the job done.

Sent on 10/01/2009

Carolyn Scott Photography's reply:

thank you for your recommendation, julie! it was great getting to know you and evan and to shoot your fantastic wedding. thank you so much for everything you've done!
  • ErikaReavis

Erika · Married on 10/31/2009

When looking for a photographer for my weddin I had no idea what to look for. I was really worried that I would end up with some stuffy traditional photographer with boring pictures. Well as soon as I met her we hit it off and could carry on a good conversation.
    As soon as we took the bridal portraits and I saw how creative she was and how well our ideas worked together I knew I had chosen the right photographer. The bridal portraits turned out awesome and super fun. When it came to the wedding I knew I would have nothing to worry about, and of course they turned out fabulous. She had GREAT ideas for fun shoots with the bridal party and they turned out awesome!
    I will definitely use her in the future for any of my photography needs.

Sent on 11/17/2009

Carolyn Scott Photography's reply:

thank you!! it was so fun photographing your bridal portraits and wedding. i hope everything is going well for you and dustin!

Nichole · Married on 09/12/2009

When I first meet Carolyn I knew that she was the one. Carolyn helped me so much, I didn't get stressed out at all. She was on time (even when I wasn't), polite, and had tons of great ideas. when I received my pictures I was blown away by how beautiful they were, I even cried a little bit when I saw my son.

I would recommend Carolyn Scott for anything and everything you would want pictures for!!

Thank you so much you made my wedding complete,
    The Randall's

Sent on 09/27/2009

Carolyn Scott Photography's reply:

thank you, nicole! i'm so glad i could be part of your wedding day and that you enjoyed the photographs!