Carolyn Scott Photography Reviews

Carolyn Scott Photography 5
Carolyn Scott Photography 6
Carolyn Scott Photography 7

Matthew · Married on 04/25/2015

The best thing you can do today to plan for your wedding is to contact Carolyn and Geoff and pray that they have your date available. If they're unavailable, consider changing your wedding date. That's how amazing they are. Seriously, I don't know how they do it, but they somehow manage to be both the most professional and most fun of all the wedding vendors we worked with. Every detail will be thought out, all your emails will be answered promptly and thoroughly, every aspect of your wedding will be captured beautifully--and they will do it all while also laughing and talking to you about movies, music, and cats. These are the photographers you are looking for. Stop reading reviews, and contact them now!

Sent on 05/10/2015

Kristen · Married on 12/13/2014

My fiance and I worked with Carolyn and her husband Geoff for both our engagement photos and our wedding day photos. They are the *only* people that we worked with that I have consistently said were worth every single dime. EVERY DIME.

Either Carolyn or Geoff were quick to respond to email messages and were great at setting our minds at ease. Their website is beautiful, funny and easy to use for clients. Their questionnaires are thorough, and so are they. I forgot to list some important family photos for our wedding day and Geoff caught my error and made me aware of it rather than just assuming that I didn't want those photos.

We enjoyed hanging out with them on our wedding day and during our engagement session. Lots of discussions concerning The Walking Dead, The Lego Movie and video games were had in the year leading up to our wedding. Hire them. They are awesome. They will blend right in with you and your family. Carolyn is bursting with energy. I have no idea how she does it. None. They really were just a pleasure to be around. You want people that are going to mesh with you and your partner as well as provide you with amazing photos. Carolyn Scott Photography is where you want to be.

The most important part - the photos. Oh my god. There are not enough words in the English language to express how awesome their photos are. I cried when I got my engagement photos - and I don't cry over such things. They love what they do and they care about making sure that your moment, your day goes smoothly. And, most of all, they do a damn good job of capturing everything. I can't gush enough. Really.

And they are LGBT friendly! Made me love them even more.

Sent on 01/04/2015

Sarah · Married on 11/01/2014

Excuse my language but...no shit these guys photograph for a living! They are too insanely talented to be doing anything else. In all seriousness though, we knew what we were getting...we saw the amazing pictures they had produced in the past, were confident in their abilities after meeting them, and still ultimately...we were blown away. Not only did they capture our day beautifully, they showed up with a smile, helped us navigate through not-so-ideal weather, kept us on time and truly just added to the party. One of our favorites parts of this entire experience was sharing our photographs with other people (and receiving loads of compliments). And the award for MVP of our wedding day goes to...

Sent on 12/02/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/20/2014

If you have the opportunity to book Carolyn and Geoff as your wedding photographers - DO IT. We can not recommend them enough. Our wedding photos are absolutely beautiful and Carolyn and Geoff captured EVERY. SINGLE. DETAIL. of the day. Being photographed can sometimes feel awkward, but they were both so easy going and made us feel completely comfortable at all times. I received so many compliments from our guests on how they could tell that Carolyn and Geoff were taking tons of great photos, while still being very low-key. I did a ton of research on photographers when we were determining who to go with for our wedding, and I can safely say that there are no other photographers in the world that would have produced better photos for us. Book them!!

Sent on 11/03/2014

I was a fairly indecisive bride, but when I saw Carolyn and Geoff's photos of another couple at our venue I was blown away and knew that we wanted to work with them for our wedding. They were amazing from the very beginning. Very responsive and helpful before the wedding, and the day of our wedding everything went smoothly and the photos they took are OUTSTANDING. My husband and I could not have been happier with the final product. They are beautiful photos and we will always be able to remember the day through them. I can not say enough amazing things about Carolyn and Geoff. They did everything they could to make the process easier for us, and besides being extremely talented and professional, they are also very fun and easy to be around. I would highly recommend them to anyone who asked me, and would work with them again in a heartbeat. I can say without a doubt that working with them was one of the VERY best decisions we made in the wedding planning process.

Sent on 11/09/2014

Carolyn · Married on 07/12/2014

Carolyn and Geoff were incredible. Not only were their photos amazing, but they were so much fun to work with and so flexible throughout our entire ceremony and reception. We asked them to do crazy things (like hike up a mountain with all of their gear to take portraits after our ceremony) and they were totally on board!

Our guests had a great time with Carolyn and Geoff and still talk about what great photographers they were. They were on time, always happy to be where they were, and never imposed on our ceremony or reception unless we asked them to. We barely knew they were there, and they caught some stunning and hilarious candid moments! They are incredibly professional, and created photos that reflect our day perfectly. Hiring Carolyn and Geoff was by far the best decision we made for our wedding, and I can't wait to hire them for something in the future! Also, they're just plain fun. You will have a blast!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Jamila · Married on 07/05/2014

Carolyn and Geoff were amazing!! One of my guests who's also a professional photographer was impressed by how excited and happy they were to be taking photos and that comment really applies to every interaction I had with them! They are both super sweet and very responsive. Plus their photos are gorgeous!! I'm excitedly awaiting the rest of the photos they took at our wedding!

I would recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer!!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Joseph · Married on 06/28/2014

I will echo all of the positive feedback on here. Carolyn and Geoff are just wonderful. Their pictures are unique and beautiful, and they make the whole experience a lot of fun. Our pictures were taken on a very humid day but Carolyn and Geoff kept us laughing the whole time. We could not have been happier with everything. We got married in PA and brought them up all the way from North Carolina because we had seen and heard such good things about them. We cannot recommend them enough....just book in advance because they fill up! (with good reason)

Sent on 08/12/2014

Lindsay · Married on 06/14/2014

Carolyn and Geoff were by far one of the best choices we made for our wedding. They shot our engagement and our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with either experience. It was so easy to coordinate our engagement shoot with them despite them living in North Carolina and us in Pittsburgh. They worked with us on the timeline of the day, and kept us on that timeline the day of the wedding, all while having a blast at the same time.

We've received so many compliments on our photos. Every single photograph is beautiful, and we would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/08/2014

Mary · Married on 04/05/2014

I say this without exaggeration: Carolyn & Geoff blew us away. While leading up to the wedding they were helpful, fun, professional, and hilarious, the ultimate result was STILL astoundingly good. I have gotten dozens and dozens of comments, compliments, and raves about my wedding photographs and I'm still swooning over them myself. You absolutely cannot find a better photography team in the Triangle area. Absolutely worth every single penny.

Sent on 04/17/2014

Lindsay · Married on 12/21/2013

I don't even know where to begin with my review of Carolyn Scott (and her husband Geoff)! The two of them captured our wedding weekend perfectly and I could not be happier with their work.

We hired Carolyn and Geoff to shoot our two-day wedding and enjoyed every minute (which is great because we spent 12 hours with them!). They were very responsive and flexible with our wants, needs, and schedules. Carolyn and Geoff spent a good chunk of time fleshing out a comprehensive timeline and making sure they understood what was important to us. Their photos truly captured the feel of the wedding and every picture, whether it's posed or candid, is gorgeous.

Furthermore, Carolyn is reasonably priced compared to the other photographers we considered.

Carolyn and Geoff are a great team and were fun to be with on our big day. I highly recommend them. If you want further evidence of why you should hire them, check out our wedding: http://www.carolynscottphotography.com/2014/01/09/raleigh-hindu-wedding/

Sent on 01/09/2014

Cari · Married on 11/16/2013

You may as well stop researching photographers now. You WILL NOT be sorry if you choose Carolyn Scott Photography (Carolyn & Geoff) to be your photographers! They photographed our wedding day, and we couldn't be more pleased with the end product. It amazes me that these two can maintain a completely professional rapport, all while making us laugh and feel completely at ease with their hilarious banter. This was not only on the wedding day, but in the weeks leading up to that day as well. I am a designer, and I am blown away by the incredible talent these two possess. We are in LOVE with our photos. We will definitely come back to these two the next time we want photos of us looking awesome.

Sent on 12/04/2013

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2013

I absolutly love, love, love Carolyn and Geoff! They are so awesome and easy to work with! They rearranged our day-of schedule to ensure we got beautiful pictures when a thunderstorm rolled through and they were an absolute blast to work with! I generally don't like having my picture taken, but Carolyn and Geoff had me totally at ease and laughing the whole time! They did our engagement pictures, which turned out fabulously, and I can't wait to see our wedding photos! I cannot say enough good things about Carolyn and Geoff! I would highly recommend them to friends, family, and strangers!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Deborah & Carey · Married on 09/07/2013

Carolyn and Geoff are amazing photographers! They took our engagement and wedding pictures. We decided on two locations for the engagement pictures: at our house and then at a local nature park. They were great about directing us on how and where to pose, as well as making us feel comfortable. They are professional, friendly, immediately likeable, and made the photo shoot really enjoyable. And we were thrilled with the photos! What we love about their portfolio of work is their ability to capture a point in time such that when you see that moment again through a picture, it’s as if that picture comes to life and you can place yourself in the middle of the event. That’s what came through when we saw our engagement pictures.
    There were so many personal details of our wedding that they captured. They use color and light in wonderful ways, but what really makes Carolyn and Geoff unique is their way of photographing people so that they stay in the moment and ignore the camera. It really allows for deep immersion into a particular moment. They didn’t just document the wedding; they bring us back to those moments every time we look at the pictures. They are a pleasure to work with and left a positive impression on our guests. Although Carolyn and Geoff were there to photograph our wedding, they were also our guests. We absolutely love the photos they took of our wedding.
    The photo album they put together was equally awesome. The quality of the book is great, and Geoff is a master at organizing the photos so they flow beautifully. We were initially hesitant about spending a big chunk of our budget on a photographer, but it was well worth it. Carolyn Scott Photography does stellar work! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/29/2014
  • User3041936 · 2+ years ago

I can't imagine better wedding photographers than Carolyn and Geoff. They came to our wedding in Asheville, NC and were easily the best and most fun vendors we chose. They are great to work with and respond very quickly to emails. Carolyn finished editing our wedding pictures (all 1200 of them!) in about 2 weeks, and they are wonderful! She did an amazing job and the pictures capture so many great moments - they really tell the story of our wedding. I would gladly recommend Carolyn Scott Photography to any bride and groom!

Sent on 09/21/2013

Bridgett · Married on 08/24/2013

Carolyn Scott Photography did an excellent job of completely covering every aspect of our wedding day. They are a two person team (Carolyn and her husband Geoff).

To start, they had a thorough questionnaire for us to answer to give them an idea of how we planned our day. Then, the week before our wedding, we had a phone conversation with them to finalize all the details. On the day of the wedding, they were very hands-off and photojournalistic about covering the events. Their style is to be unobtrusive, so if you want photos with people, just let them know!

Our photo session was super fun with them, because they made everyone laugh and they kept the session moving quickly so no one got bored. Carolyn and Geoff are so friendly and fun to be around, which is awesome because you really do end up spending a lot of time with your photographers on your wedding day.

CSP really puts a lot of effort into the details, and it shows because our final deliverable was a cute little wooden USB in a custom-designed case with all the digital photos on it, along with a few other extras that will just make you smile and think of how caring and adorable Carolyn is! Both her and Geoff are really sweet people who have fully embraced the wedding photography industry's demands. CSP delivers a fabulous product that will exceed your expectations and leave you with gorgeous lasting memories!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Carolyn and Geoff are FANTASTIC. We got along great with them as people and LOVED the pictures they took. They are very professional and when my bridal portraits kept getting rained out, Carolyn was in constant contact with me trying to figure it out! They are a great couple and really work well together, and you can tell they love what they do. They are great photographers and I have heard nothing but "You were right, they were so great!" from everyone who came to my wedding! I clearly talked about them a bit... for good reason!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Margaret · Married on 05/18/2013

If I could give 6 or 7 stars for value, I would. For such a reasonable price, we've come away with incredible photos! They came out even better than expected, and I had really high expectations!

Carolyn and Geoff are some of the friendliest, happiest people you'll ever meet. They love what they do, and you can really tell. What struck me most about their style was their use of vibrant color (or appropriate lack thereof, in the black and white or sepia photos). I'm a sucker for color, and was totally sold the moment I saw how well they use it while also integrating their knowledge of the couple's style. They can go as funky/nerdy, romantic/elegant or as striking/fashionable as you'd like! They were utterly comfortable around us and alllll those guests they'd never met, and everybody responded in kind, giving them the opportunity to get those awesome posed shots that don't actually look posed. They're obviously fond of kids, and got some great photos of them as well. We're so happy that we picked them as our photographers, and I'm sure you will be too!

Sent on 06/01/2013

Carolyn and Geoff were hands down our favorite wedding vendor, and the easiest and earliest one we picked. We contracted with them nearly a full year before our wedding, and during that time I had the pleasure of watching their photos get better and better. Even still, I was shocked by how nice our pictures are, how good they made the two of us dorks look, and how well they captured the day while being so unobtrusive. They were also very gracious about spending time with me and my husband before the wedding to plan and create timelines. I would add that in terms of the investment, initially the cost of wedding photography shocked me. I spent some time looking at brand new or lesser photographers who were cheaper, but ultimately decided to spend a big chunk of our budget on Carolyn and Geoff. It was WELL worth it and absolutely the right decision! They exceeded my expectations and I have pictures that I will love forever!

Sent on 05/16/2013

Carolyn and Geoff were the best! They were very responsive in any questions we had with planning of the wedding and on the wedding day they arrived on time and ready to go. They even made taking the pictures so much fun :) They had all of our pictures back to us within a week and the pictures were amazing!

Sent on 04/30/2013

Amy · Married on 03/02/2013

An amazing experience, and we wouldn't change a single thing! Carolyn + Geoff are the kind of people you invite to stay in your life forever. They are friendly, awesome, and it appears so genuine that you can relax and enjoy your photo session without any worry in the world for what the person behind the camera is thinking! The communication was above and beyond, and they went the extra mile to showed us they thought about us with their client gifts/packaging/notes/e-mails even after our session was over and our money was paid. Totally worth it.

Sent on 08/25/2013

Kathryn · Married on 02/16/2013

If I could give Carolyn and Jeff 10's instead of 5's I would. They are an amazing husband and wife team who have it all together. They're entertaining, smart and know their stuff when it comes to wedding photography. We are still blown away by the photography. I can barely put into words how much I appreciate them and their work. They have such creativity and it shows in every shot they took. Take a look for yourself at our wedding. You won't need to look anywhere else. They are the best.

Sent on 03/03/2013

Monica · Married on 12/15/2012

Our engagement and wedding shoots were both done by Carolyn Scott Photography, and they (Carolyn and her husband Geoff) are AMAZING. They are open to any and all ideas, however quirky they may be, and always find shots that are unexpected but awesome. My husband and I tend to be awkward in front of cameras and I was scared that our engagement shoot would be a bunch of pictures of us awkwardly holding hands and gazing into each other's eyes, but they made us feel at ease and really caught our personalities on camera. They make you feel like you are just hanging out with friends who happen to be taking your picture. I've gotten nothing but compliments on our photos. I would recommend them to absolutely anyone!

Sent on 01/04/2013

Jennifer · Married on 11/03/2012

I've looked at our pictures a thousand times and EVERY time I look at them, I think about how I could not have been happier with our photographers. Carolyn and Geoff were SO awesome to work with. They showed up and just seemed so happy to be there to be part of our day and document it through the most beautiful photographs I could ever imagine. Carolyn is great, she is extremely responsive and professional with emails and consults. All of our pictures were edited and ready for us before we even returned from our honeymoon. Check out their website...after you see their work, you'll be emailing her to see if they are available for your wedding date! :)

Sent on 12/04/2012

Jung · Married on 10/13/2012

Geoff and Carolyn are the A team of wedding photography. They are the entire package -- super sharp, talented, and fun! Our pictures were absolutely amazing. We would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/05/2012