73 Reviews for Carolyn Scott Photography

Liability Insurance (1)
Multi. Locations (1)
Flush Mount (1)
73 Carolyn Scott Photography Reviews

Just WOW! Carolyn and Geoff of Carolyn Scott Photography went above and beyond high expectations. We are so amazed and delighted with how all of our photos turned out! Both Carolyn and Geoff act so flexibly, and work with what is best for you. This wonderful couple ensures a fun, awkward-free session and took away all insecurities circulating around our beliefs of being unphotogenic. My fiancé and I used this session to announce our engagement and to showcase our fur child, Maizee. Both of our families and all of our friends are truly impressed with how gorgeous the pictures turned out, and we are just itching to put them up all over our home. Also, the turn around for getting your photos back is SO quick, especially considering how busy they are! You get a beautifully packaged box, with personalized notes and a usb of your own- loaded with all of the pictures. We also really enjoyed the variety of shots they took during the shoot. Carolyn Scott Photography is a perfect blend of comfort and professionalism, and the results are breath-taking. Thank you to Carolyn and Geoff for making our photos session and experience special, and for sharing your awesome talent with the world!

Profile Picture Abbi , 9/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Nothing short of perfection. Me and my now husband would describe ourselves as dead inside until we saw our photos from our wedding. Emotions stirred. It was like reliving every moment Carolyn and Geoff captured. Carolyn and Geoff are so much fun to work with and they photos they take are pure magic. Have no hesitation that they will give you the most beautiful memories of any shoot you hire them for.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

BEST. PHOTOS. EVER. We’re in total awe of the photos we’ve just received from Carolyn--they are just perfect. Words and phrases friends and family have used to describe our wedding photos: magical, dreamy, dope, full-of-life, stunning, fabulous, beautiful, insanely beautiful, “I’m speechless”, …the list goes on. Seriously though, we can’t gush enough about how fantastic it was to work with Carolyn and Geoff! If you want someone who can capture the candid, real moments of the day, all while making you laugh and—most importantly—feel totally at ease during an otherwise awkward process (neither of us have ever felt comfortable in front of the camera), then look no further folks! They genuinely made the day more fun, never mind the amazing record they’ve given us of our wedding day.

Profile Picture Leila , 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Um, WOW, where do I even begin with Carolyn and Geoff? I'll start by saying that Carolyn was the first vendor that I picked out and I picked my wedding date solely on her availability because I wanted her to be our photographer that badly. Also, after the wedding was over it immediately feels like a wonderful blur but the photos we got back are the things that prove to me that the wedding actually happened. Carolyn's photos have a way of not only showing you the event (in beautiful detail) but actually transporting you back to the moments surrounding the photos. Every time I look at them I notice new detail (there are a LOT of photos) and I feel like I can relive the entire night. Aside from her amazing skills behind the lens, Carolyn was the most responsive of every vendor we worked with during our two years of being engaged and planning. She emails back quickly and thoroughly; she has even been incredibly helpful and responsive after the wedding in helping to get us wedding prints and plan out our wedding albums. She and Geoff were so respectful of making sure they knew ahead of time the most important things we wanted photographed and they totally delivered. Carolyn and Geoff are stellar photographers, but they are also amazing people and I've had friends and family comment that they felt as though the two of them could very well have been guests at the wedding and how nice they were. They were also very unobtrusive - you hardly noticed them taking photos and yet somehow they managed to capture every moment of the day and night. I've gotten so many compliments on the photos, but they deserve all the credit. If you have trouble picking a date for you wedding, I highly recommend emailing Carolyn and getting her availability before you pick one out! :)

Photos
Profile Picture Alex, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits

There are no words to describe what you get with Carolyn and Geoff. Hands down the best money we probably ever spent on anything....or at least for the wedding. They are absolutely THE BEST.

Carolyn and Geoff provided TONS of advice during the planning process and throughout the day, including proposed timelines, locations, how much makeup to wear, how to handle family's weird requests, what sci-fi Netflix shows to watch next, and which jail to go visit in Charleston.

Carolyn and Geoff sent photos to us SO FAST after the wedding. They captured the feeling of the day perfectly and were such a joy to hang out with and have a wedding guests. If you are looking for the best photographers and also fun people to hang out with, then Carolyn and Geoff are your people!

Profile Picture Molly, 7/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot recommend Carolyn and Geoff enough. They were the absolute best leading up to the wedding--always happy to give advice about how to schedule pictures day of and other logistics about the day--and on the day. They were able to make sure we got all of the pictures we wanted and dealt with any timeline setbacks like the pros they are. Our pictures are unbelievably beautiful and will be keepsakes we will treasure for the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture Julia, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Second Shooter

Look no further for your photographer. Carolyn and Geoff are the people you want capturing everything, and we simply could not have asked for more. Truly wonderful people and their work speaks for itself.

Profile Picture Dan, 5/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We feel so lucky to have Carolyn & Geoff as our wedding photographers. During the wedding planning process, we had researched local photographers, but didn't venture too far out of our home state. Carolyn and Geoff were recommended to us by a friend and once looking at their portfolio, we feel in love with their style (& fun sense of humor!). Since we were in different states, my husband and I were able to "meet" Carolyn & Geoff on Skype. Meeting them for the first time was like talking with old friends. They took the time to explain everything and answered all of our questions. We booked them shortly after and the rest of the process was smooth sailing. Carolyn was SO responsive during the entire time leading up to the wedding. Our wedding was in Baltimore and we had a bit of a complicated timeline with limited time allotted. Carolyn and Geoff weren't familiar with the areas we were taking pictures at, but they took the time to Google Map the area to gain familiarity, figure out the time in between shooting locations (down to the minute!), and develop a detailed timeline in order to accomplish everything we were hoping for. On the day of, Carolyn and Geoff were rock-stars! We kept to the timeline, were able to get pictures before the ceremony at two different spots, after the ceremony at two different spots, and were done in time to enjoy part of our cocktail hour. Mission accomplished. :) We loved having them as part of our special day and all of the wedding party thought they were excellent (& super fun as well). The photos were completed soon after the wedding and they were everything we were hoping for! Can't recommend these two enough!

Profile Picture Ashleigh , 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits

I am soooo thrilled to have had the opportunity to have Carolyn Scott Photography as my wedding photographer for my elopement. Carolyn and Geoff are true artists and some pretty great people too. They were able to wrangle over-the-moon excited me and my please-dont-take-my-picture-or-ask-me-to-smile reserved husband and gave us the most beautiful keepsakes I could ask for. We don't look awkward at all!! They were a joy to be with and their delightful personalities kept the weirdness of us being in the woods on a Wednesday afternoon not so weird. Their editing was exactly what I was expecting (see their blog for all the great pictures!) and had none of what I didn't want.

I know this seems like a meaningless review, it's hard to convey art into words. But, if you love the style of their pictures you must hire them. They'll take care of the rest. I'll be having them do our family portraits next!

Profile Picture Ingrid, 2/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, High-Res Images

Carolyn and Geoff are truly the best, and from the moment I saw their website, I knew that they had to be our wedding photographers. Cannot recommend them highly enough, and you should definitely reach out immediately. They are the best, so they book up fast!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I don't know what else to say about Carolyn and Geoff other than that they completely lived up to the hype. Carolyn has such an infectious and positive energy, AND she's hilarious. By the end of the bridal party portraits during our hurricane wedding, they were both completely soaked, splashing around in puddles, and laughing. Carolyn is a total pro: completely unphased by crazy relatives, inclement weather, or wild changes in plans. These are exactly the kind of people you want with you on your wedding day. Their photos are exactly what you'll want to remember the day for the rest of your life.

Profile Picture Crystal, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs

Carolyn and Geoff are such an amazing team to work with. Our enegament and wedding photos were nothing less than exceptional! They captured everything I could have hoped for and when looking through the pictures, I felt like I was reliving the big day. Would not recommend anyone else! I'll definitely be returning to them as clients!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I love Carolyn. First I was blown away by her unique style. Then I visited her webpage and fell in love. It didn't feel like I was reading credentials of someone trying to sell me a service. It was like I was reading my friend's blog. She and Geoff just seemed like my people and I was so excited to work with them and meet them. Then we had so much fun meeting her and Geoff, gushing over baby goats and scoping out our venue. They are so personable and friendly and fun.

Her photos are so raw and real and alive. She has an eye for composition that is so unique and beautiful. We took some veil shots that were absolutely breathtaking and probably the most glamorous I will ever look. We were surprised and ecstatic to see beautiful photos of our wedding rings atop vibrant flowers and adorned by paper cranes and gummi bears, kind of like the roaming gnome.

Carolyn and Geoff don't just capture beautiful photos. They capture you, your personality, your guests' personalities. They capture your wedding day and the wedding you want to remember. When we looked through our photos it was like we were reliving our wedding day in all its quirky ridiculous splendor. We got to see all the fun our guests were having while we were off doing other important wedding stuff, our goofy screw ups that really made the day memorable and unique (we have photos of me swatting a mosquito that landed on my (now) husband's head and another where we are removing the tags he missed on his suit), and all the beautiful imperfections we love about each other and all our friends and family.

I won't look back through the photos of my wedding day and see a storybook wedding with a fairy tale romance. I will see a damn good party with my nerdy adorable husband and all of the awesome people we love. Exactly how I wanted it:) If you want to remember your uniquely awesome wedding day and how you felt and how much fun you had I would totally recommend Carolyn Scott.

Profile Picture chelsea, 9/3/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

We can't say enough good things about Carolyn and Geoff. My husband is a creative strategist and was responsible for picking out the photographer. John picked Carolyn purely due to the way she shoots - beautiful & natural. The team was INCREDIBLE day of. Professional, hilarious, quick and got every single shot we needed. We also received our photos very quickly after the wedding, but received an amazing preview to share with everyone the day after! As a bride, you would be crazy not to hire this team. Absolutely fabulous. We love you Carolyn & Geoff!

-Molly & John

Profile Picture Molly, 8/26/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

For the past two hours, I have been pouring over the online album. I laughed, I cried, I laughed while I cried... There are no words for how incredible and touching these photographs are! Their attention to detail, their ability to beautifully capture so many wonderful candid moments, their ability to make me look good despite running on three hours of sleep and barely being able to keep my eyes open... After spending countless hours crafting and planning this shindig, it's an amazing experience to finally be able to take it all in and see what was once just a vision as a reality even better than I dreamed. These two are just incredible. We were so grateful to have had them at our wedding, not only because they basically stepped in as impromptu event coordinators (and kept us on schedule!) or because they captured our day more beautifully than I could have imagined, but because they were a wonderful presence and just having them there made our wedding so much more special. Carolyn and Geoff, how can we ever thank you enough? Seriously. We are so grateful to you and WE LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! Expect continued stalking (stalking LITE! not the creepy kind) and "liking" on all your future work. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You make ALL our dreams come true (woo-ooo-oooeeeoo).

Profile Picture User5085937, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

My wife and I simply couldn't be happier that we chose Carolyn and Geoff as our photographers for both our wedding and for an engagement shoot. They are both lovely humans and talented photographers. Somehow they seem incredibly professional while being down-to-earth--taking photos before your wedding is a strangely intimate moment, but with Carolyn and Geoff photographing we felt at ease. They both seem to really have an eye for what qualities make you you, and what qualities make your friends your friends, and they are able to capture that beautifully in photograph form. Looking through our wedding photos is a true delight: they caught both our favorite moments and moments that we missed, and going through the photos is kind of like a mini-version of reliving our wedding day. We would absolutely hire them again for any photo shoots we would want in the future--no question!

On a purely logistical front: Carolyn is very timely at replying to emails, and we got our photos for both shoots about a month after the photos were taken. Considering our wedding was in peak wedding season, this doesn't seem like a small feat!

And on a last note: I feel a little sad at having to write this, but in 2016, as a same-sex couple, my wife and I encountered some pretty unpleasant vendors while planning our wedding. Carolyn and Geoff are not in that camp. Not even a little. They neither asked us weird and/or invasive questions, nor tried to force us into roles that didn't feel authentic to us, nor did they sabotage the product (all three of these things happened with other vendors we either hired or considered hiring). They simply treated us as any other couple. So if any queer/same-sex couples are eyeing Carolyn & Geoff's website and wondering if their non-discrimination clause is sincere, it is. Don't think twice about it.

Profile Picture abby, 6/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Choosing to spend a special day or capture a special moment with Carolyn Scott Photography is one of the best choices you can make as you prepare for (in our situation) a wedding, or any other event. Before even meeting Carolyn and Geoff my husband, John, and I were attracted to their post processing techniques, their eye for compositions, and the personable feel to their photographs. The journalistic style of photography that they use captures small moments in time and freezes them for you to keep and savor. John and I felt instantly at ease the first time we met Carolyn and Geoff and immediately knew that we planned to sign a contract to have them photograph our wedding. After meeting,and later Skyping, with Carolyn and Geoff, spending time with them on our wedding day was natural and purely enjoyable. The posing instructions given for our couple's pre-wedding shoot helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera as opposed to awkward and inauthentic. Sometimes wedding photographs seem to simply mimic each other, as photographers have go-to poses and go-to locations to shoot, yet each set of Carolyn and Geoffs photography sessions carry a unique vibe related to the couple (or individual) and the atmosphere that the client desires.

These two are awesome photographer and great people - inviting them to be your photographer was one of the best choices that we made as we prepared for our wedding!

Profile Picture Marissa, 5/29/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Carolyn and her husband Geoff did my fiance's and my engagement photos and we really couldn't be happier with the experience or the photographs. I was very nervous about having my picture taken but, thanks to their great personalities and relaxed professionalism, I was laughing and having a great time at the end of the shoot.

Prior to the shoot, working with Carolyn over e-mail was a pleasure since she is so responsive, and all of their documentation (FAQs, contract specifics) is written in such a fun, playful way it turned out to be fun to read.

The photographs themselves of course turned out great and were exactly what we were expecting from viewing their photography on their website. One of the things I loved about the photo set we got is that, since we did part of the shoot at our house, we also have some great pictures of the pets and our home along with the couples shots. It's just icing on the awesome cake that is Carolyn Scott Photography.

Do yourself a favor and hire Carolyn and Geoff !

Profile Picture Virginia, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Anyone who knows Carolyn knows "enthusiastic" is not a big enough word to describe her passion for what she does. Between her and her talented husband Geoff...how can I explain this...they bring the kind of raw excitement you experience when you see your food coming at a restaurant. You are super excited, relieved, and a little bit nervous at the anticipation of what's to come. Our photos were beautiful not only because they are so talented but because they were comfortable in our excitement, captured that excitement, and even shared in it!

Carolyn and Geoff were flexible, patient, and extremely--and outwardly--positive, especially when bad weather loomed the entire trip. You would think they side job as therapists the way they handle family members, day-of mishaps, and generally just...different personalities. To add on top of routine wedding challenges: language barriers, one authoritative priest, jet lag, and thousands of dollars of camera equipment bussed, flown, and trained (is that even a word?) from multiple countries and cities. I'm pretty sure they are actually part superhero. That's my bridal opinion, but if you see other reviews, I am not the only one who thinks that!

Every wedding is different, and no doubt different clients will want different things. Andrew and I wanted what we considered to be two new friends to join us not only capture our wedding and trip but also be part of the celebration. As professional as they are, they fit right in as if we had known them forever, and that made all the difference!

So, if you are here reading this for a review of sorts, I cannot say I will "rate" another human being, but here is my honest opinion of Carolyn and Geoff:

They are 100% dedicated, honest, talented, professional, kind, supportive, responsive, artistic, approachable, and undeniably, unforgettably amazing.

Summation? They ROCK!!!

Profile Picture Carlena, 4/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

It’s easy to find a photographer. What’s hard is finding a GREAT photographer.

Carolyn is a great photographer. Not because of the excellent high end equipment she uses, but because of her talent and impeccable eye for the shot. The post processing created just the right tone we were looking for. Her husband Geoff (pronounced like “Jeff”) is an awesome complement to the team.

My wife and I eloped, so it was essential to us that we got a photographer we felt we could trust. We’ve never regretted sharing our day with Carolyn and Geoff (thanks for signing the marriage license as our witnesses, guys!). The shots they took were amazing, and they kept pulling great ideas from the environment that we never would have seen (they took photos of us in front of an industrial door, and it look awesome).

Skyping with Carolyn and Geoff for our pre-wedding consultation was a TON of fun. They’re super personable and funny, and did a great job of setting us at ease. They explained what would happen, took our concerns and questions into account, and worked out a final plan with us.

On our wedding day they kept us laughing and smiling the whole time, to the point where our cheeks were a little sore the next day. They have an awesome sense of humor, and are really interesting people to talk to when they’re not joking around with you. They’re the type of people you’d love to just grab dinner with. Carolyn also has a very endearing run when she has a camera latched to each hip.

The post-processing done on our photos was awesome. It has a great modern vibe without feeling like Instagram. Their website is super cool and easy to use, so we were able to get photos on Facebook within ten days. The packaging they send your full resolution photos on is also thoughtfully put together.

They’re awesome. Carolyn is awesome. They take awesome photos, and do an awesome job editing them. I promise you can’t go wrong hiring them for your wedding.

Profile Picture Michael, 2/29/16, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files

The moment I found their website, I knew I just HAD to have them as our photographers for our big day. So even though they were slightly above what we had budgeted, we adjusted the budget and they were the second vendor we booked. And I would NOT change a thing- they were THE.BEST. We only spoke via email and then over the phone for our consult the week before, but the day of it was like we'd known them for a while! They are amazingly easy to work with- great personalities, and they just clearly love and know what they're doing. We have already had so many compliments on our sneak peek photos (waiting for the full deal) and are already in love with everything. Their work is not only incredibly but it's nice and refreshing compared to every other wedding photographer these days! You will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

I do not exaggerate when I say that Carolyn and Geoff are two of the most talented people I know. Once upon a time my now-husband and I met this photography couple at their office to discuss engagement photos and proceeded to spend the entire time discussing our cat-children and our love of Game of Thrones. We left that day knowing we were in good hands and that our engagement, bridal, and wedding photos would be true images of who we are. Needless to say, this assumption was correct. Our engagement photos were fabulous and unique, taking place is the most urban of areas in downtown Raleigh. Following that adventure, my bridal portraits were stunning and more traditional but with a unique twist to illustrate my personality. Finally, our wedding photos are beyond perfect. Our vision of a whimsical comic-book themed wedding came to light through their photos and will allow us to relive our wedding time and time again. Carolyn and Geoff have an artistic caliber that is unmatched and I cannot thank them enough for their patience, talents, and now, their friendship.

All that said.. I highly, highly recommend them for wedding photography and beyond!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Just hire them. They're fantastic, personable, professional with a quick turn around time on truly amazing photos. They are worth every penny and then some.

Profile Picture Emily, 5/30/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

The best thing you can do today to plan for your wedding is to contact Carolyn and Geoff and pray that they have your date available. If they're unavailable, consider changing your wedding date. That's how amazing they are. Seriously, I don't know how they do it, but they somehow manage to be both the most professional and most fun of all the wedding vendors we worked with. Every detail will be thought out, all your emails will be answered promptly and thoroughly, every aspect of your wedding will be captured beautifully--and they will do it all while also laughing and talking to you about movies, music, and cats. These are the photographers you are looking for. Stop reading reviews, and contact them now!

Profile Picture Matthew, 4/25/15, 3 Reviews