Carolina Wedding Co. - Rev Shirley Anne Reviews

75 | Nags Head, NC

75 Reviews for Carolina Wedding Co. - Rev Shirley Anne

Melinda · Married on 08/28/2010

Planning an August destination wedding in OBX from upstate NY presented many challenges and concerns. However, during a meeting with Rev. Shirley in December prior to our wedding my concerns regarding an officiant were put to rest. I felt as though Rev. Shirley was an extended family member from the beginning. She put us at ease regarding the ceremony and her professionalism and expertise were unparallelled. We did a wonderful job at our beach ceremony and I would recommend her to anyone!

• Mistydd

Misty · Married on 07/08/2010

We felt very blessed to have Carolina Wedding Co. conduct our beach wedding, it was perfect! Rev Shirlley was like part of our family and her attention to detail was remarkable...Her daughter was our photographer and our pictures were amazing. Words cannot express how these two women organized and followed through for my family. They truely are loving, caring, and just wonderful to work with.
    P.S. Their prices were great too!

Sent on 01/23/2012

Dana · Married on 07/07/2010

Our wedding in the Outer Banks NC was amazing. It was last July 7th and our friends and family are still taking about it. Rev. Shirley Ann was outstanding and our photograher took the most beautiful pictures!
    We treasure every moment of that day!
    Thank you to Rev. Shirley Ann ....we love you!

Sent on 11/22/2011

Lauren · Married on 05/07/2010

Carolina Wedding Co. is a one stop shop. Rev. Shirley Anne made us feel like we have known each other forever which is important to have on such a special and stressful day, especially since we were coming from MD to OBX for our wedding. We got a package from Carolina Wedding Co. that included flowers (gorgeous) the officiant - Rev. Shirley Anne (fabulous), a photographer - Lauren Cowart (amazing) and a cake (which my guest still rave about). If you want to have a phenomenal wedding in the Outer Banks (and wherever else Carolina Wedding Co. services) Carolina Wedding Co. is the company to book.

Sent on 11/14/2011

Joseph · Married on 10/03/2009

Very friendly and flexible with our plans.Rev. Shirley gave us the ceremony that made our special day exactly how we wanted,perfect.

Sent on 11/15/2011

Terre · Married on 07/17/2006

Rev. Shirley Ann added that special touch to our wedding. I would recommend her to anyone. She is so sweet and loves what she does. If there was something I didn't think of she did. :)

Sent on 05/07/2012

porietis · Married on 07/28/2012

very proffessional and flexible.

Sent on 08/30/2012

Suzanne · Married on 05/01/2011

My husband and I highly recommend Rev. Shirley Anne as a wedding officiant. She is a delight to work with and has a wonderful sense of humor! That being said, when it came time to do the ceremony, she treated it with the reverence and professionalism that the occasion demanded. We are so happy that she married us and we will always remember her fondly!

Stan & Suzanne King

Sent on 02/26/2012

Sarah · Married on 10/22/2010

Reverand Shirley Anne was absolutely fantastic!

yvette · Married on 05/24/2009

Rev Shirley made our wedding day perfect, she was very personable and friendly with us and our guest. My family from out of town thought she was our own personal pastor. It was a perfect day, was very impressed.

Sent on 11/10/2011

Rev. Shirley Anne was so sweet, and helpful. She really made our day special. The flowers and cake were beautiful. The photography was fantastic. I would recommend her to anyone wanting to elope or have a low key wedding on the Outer Banks NC.

Sent on 11/22/2014

Catie · Married on 09/04/2013

Rev. Shirley Anne was wonderful! She really took the stress out of the planning process for me! Everything turned out better then I could have hoped for! She is very flexible and will conduct the ceremony anyway you like. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Kelli · Married on 09/17/2011

Rev. Shirley Anne was a pleasure to work with and she was very flexible. On our wedding day it rained like cats and dogs and we were to be married on the beach. Rev. Shirley Anne came to our beach house and performed the ceremony inside. We had to reschedule the beach ceremony and our photography session and it turned out beautiful!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Adria · Married on 06/12/2011

Rev. Shirley Anne was perfect for our ceremony! She truly took into consideration all of our wishes and it was a wonderful ceremony. Her voice is loud and clear, and she truly was a part of our wedding!

Christi · Married on 06/05/2011

Rev. Shirley Anne was wonderful. She helped us to have the ceremony we always wanted. We wanted a relaxed setting and ceremony with our own vows and nontraditional components. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 11/23/2011

Kim · Married on 07/12/2009

We wrote our own service and Rev. Shirley presented it beautifully. We had some non-traditional elements such as poetry readings from our children and she was very open to that.

Sent on 11/15/2011

Amy · Married on 10/05/2014

3.5

Shirley Anne was very easy to talk to, and made sure all of our requests were handled beyond our expectations.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Morris · Married on 05/21/2014

Shirley was very friendly and helpful when needed

Sent on 06/03/2014

Kristy · Married on 10/01/2010

Shirley was great. Easy to work with and helped under extreme circumstances (Tropical Storm).

Sent on 11/10/2011

Rev. Shirley Anne was a great officiant to us. We don't live in the Carolinas so everything was by e-mail or phone for our wedding. She was quick to get back to us on anything that we had asked of her. The only down fall was we didn't have get to have a rehearsal with her (which we understand because things come up that make it so you aren't able to make it) but she talked to me on the phone prior to rehearsal to kind of help me go through the steps and run our rehearsal which worked out great and the wedding turned out great. She is very professional and takes care of all the necessary paperwork for that day which took weight off my shoulders and she is very kind and outgoing. We got a lot of compliments about her. At our ceremony her voice carried, she spoke loud, NOT in a yelling manner, so that all of our guest could hear her. Which worked out really great. I would definitely recommend her. She did a great job and was so very easy to work with.

Sent on 10/05/2013

Sheila · Married on 05/30/2010

3.5

It was great working with Rev. Shirley. She has a one-stop shop which was very helpful for our destination wedding.

Erica · Married on 06/14/2011

3.8
      3.0
      3.5

Rev. Shirley and Lauren were wonderful. They both made Kyle and I feel very comfortable on our wedding day. Rev. Shirley did an amazing job on our flowers, boutonnières, beach decor, and she also made us a beautiful cake. She used the exact flowers I wanted and I was even able to use them at my reception back in Ohio! I was very nervous about everything because it was all discussed over email or phone due to the fact that we live in Ohio but everything turned out great! Lauren was just as wonderful, she was great to work with and did an amazing job on our wedding photos. The minute I met her she made me feel comfortable and she took any suggestions we all had for photo ideas.

Sent on 11/16/2011

Tara · Married on 04/27/2012

3.6
      2.0

Rev. Shirley jumped in at the last minute to do our flowers when our original florist dropped out (she moved across the country!) Shirley was great about accomodating the budget we had already come up with for our flowers. We wanted very simple potted daisy plants for the tables and dancefloor. We ended up with daisy arrangements (that looked wonderful and above and beyond what we were looking for) for our tables and potted plants for the dance floor.

That being said, she arrived 1.5 hours late with no phone call and when she got there she told me to "relax, you're on island time!" She forgot the flower girl flowers. Sshe brought raffia ribbon seperately and told us wecould put it on the potted plants ourselves if we wanted it, but she couldn't because she was late for the ferry. Then, as I walked away, she informed me "You got a great deal for your money, girl!" I suppose to make me feel better.

The flowers were beautiful and she did a great job...I just wasn't impressed with her customer service in the end. Since we only used her for flowers, I can't attest to her other services.

Sent on 05/10/2012

1.4
      2.0

We used Shirley for flowers and we were disappointed. She was very hard to communicate with and wouldn't take into consideration what I (the bride) was wanting. We agreed on certain things for centerpieces, cocktail hour and reception details and I maybe got 3 things as far as centerpieces and cocktail hour ideas go. She even admitted how some of my flowers died and even used flowers my mom bought from Food Lion. We paid her a lot of money and for her to use flowers from a grocery store was very unprofessional. We could have saved over $1,000 and done this ourselves. It was nice but not what we payed for. She (Shirley) would also just disappear at times and nobody could find her for hours and then just show up out of nowhere. She may be good for other things but NOT flowers. Save yourself the money.

Sent on 07/09/2013

J · Married on 04/07/2009

0.4
      0.5

We arranged for this officiant to preside over a very simple wedding ceremony in early spring 2010. The date was set and payment was made, but the officiant did not show up at the arranged time. No call was ever made to explain her absence. We were refunded that night and received a message saying, "I'm sorry I couldn't make it." Everything turned out alright for us because we were fortunate enough to find someone on site to marry us, and if it wasn't for that individual, we would not have gotten married that day.

Do not hire this officiant for your ceremony. She deserves a 0 rating because services were not rendered, but the system won't allow it.

Carolina Wedding Co. - Rev Shirley Anne's reply:

Elizabethan Gardens on Roanoke Island offers an on-site officiant for those circumstances beyond our control. Thankfully, this couple chose a venue that provides a plan B when life circumstances change the plan. This was one of those times. A full refund was made, along with some hope for compassion.