Carolina Event Design Reviews

Carolina Event Design 5
Carolina Event Design 6
Carolina Event Design 7

Carlin · Married on 07/17/2010

I could not have gone through the wedding process without Heather and CWD. I was so overwhelmed at the beginning of the planning, but Heather made it easy and managable. I was living out of town planning my wedding and Heather always had an organized schedule for me when I was in town so we could get things done. The day of my wedding I was completely stress free... everyone was coming up to me saying they had never seen a bride as calm as I was. I knew Heather and the CWD team had EVERYTHING under control. They were so prepared for any "surprises" that could have come up. Heather even ended up sewing a rip in my dress at the reception. It was SUCH a relief the day of having a great team handling my wedding details. There was no stress on my mother or any of my family and we were all able to actually enjoy the day. CWD goes above and beyond for your wedding day. We LOVE CWD!

Sent on 09/16/2010

Leslie · Married on 06/26/2010

I contacted several wedding planners in the beginning and was immediately impressed with the timely and friendly manner that CWD responded. It only took a few minutes in our first consultation to know that I would use them for my wedding. Not only were they extremely easy to work with, but really listened to my wishes for my special day. I informed them of my budget and we were able to get everything that I wanted and more. Cortenay Matters was my direct contact and by the end of the first few weeks, I felt I had made a friend for life. She was very professional and easy to work with. Cortenay is very percise and a stickler for detail. My wedding day was beautiful and I was able to enjoy it completely. I want to thank Cortenay personally for all her hard work in making my wedding such a special and memorable event.

Kim · Married on 06/19/2010

Carolina Wedding Design FAR exceeded anything that we could have hoped for or imagined! Because of Heather, we were able to relax and enjoy every step in the process and the outcome was perfect too. As my daughter stepped into her dress on her wedding day we were all so happy and relaxed and she said to me, "WHAT would we be doing today without Heather?!" EVERY detail was covered for us includng many things that we would have never thought of doing. As a bonus, we grew to love Heather and Courtney as people and dear friends-LOVE them-they are truly the best!at what they do! Carolina Wedding Design was a gift to us for which we will always be grateful.

Lydia · Married on 06/19/2010

Carolina Wedding Design was absolutely amazing to work with!! They made my wedding more beautiful, special, and perfect than I ever could have imagined. They took away all the stress of planning, and made the whole experience fun and enjoyable! Carolina Wedding Design was always available to answer questions whenever I needed help. They were worth every penny spent!

Sent on 06/30/2010

Amanda · Married on 06/05/2010

Carolina Wedding Design was amazing to work with! I would highly recommend this team to any bride that needs help planning from the beginning or just "Mending the End." Cortenay was very responsive and always went above and beyond. Thank you, Carolina Wedding Design for making sure my special day was perfect!

Sent on 06/07/2010

Jessica · Married on 04/10/2010

You'll soon figure out that planning a wedding requires that you make thousands of decisions, big and small. Hands down, the best decision that we made for our wedding was hiring Heather Bryson with Carolina Wedding Design. Not only did she prove herself to be the absolute best in her field, but she also became a good friend and a very dear person to us. Because of Heather, the wedding planning process was fun and enjoyable, our wedding day was orchestrated perfectly and we have wonderful memories from this special time in our lives. Do yourself a BIG favor and put your wedding in Heather's capable and loving hands. You can thank me later. :o)

Sent on 04/17/2010

Sarah Clark · Married on 03/27/2010

Heather received one of the first phone calls when I found out I was engaged because I knew she had to be a part of the big day. She was also the wedding planner for my sister's wedding two years ago so I was familiar with her work and knew we couldn't survive without her.

I really cannot say enough great things and thank the CWD team enough for pulling off an amazing event. I have said it time and time again, if I could go back and change anything about my wedding it would be to have them as full service planners from Day 1 instead of just the last 30 days to help me pull it all together.

Heather is amazing. She is always there to help you make decisions, answer a frantic phone call, and help you be excited for your big day. Knowing that the CWD team was in charge brought such a sense of peace to both Clark & I and allowed us to truly enjoy the weekend instead of worrying about all of the details. CWD always has the well being of their clients in mind at all times and will do what it takes to ensure things get taken care of properly & stressfree.

I can't thank these ladies enough, all I can do is send all of my friends & family their way because I truly feel CWD is the best and know they will be in great hands.

Love, love, love...
    Sarah Clark Hopfer

Sent on 04/05/2010

Georgia · Married on 03/13/2010

Heather handled everything from making appointments to helping change my shoes when my heels began to hurt at the reception. She was worth every penny we spent. We pulled together our wedding in 3 months and it almost felt as though we had time to spare. She worked around my husband and I's hectic schedule (I worked two jobs in NC and he lived and worked in GA). She was worth every penny we spent (and they were very reasonable pennies!!). Even though Heather was planning many other weddings, it felt as though I was her only bride!

Marye Jo · Married on 03/13/2010

As we sit and write this three months later, we have only happy memories of every aspect and every detail of our daughter's wedding. And from a mother’s perspective, it was literally “a dream come true for me”. Heather arranged everything and all we had to do was sit back, choose this and that, and enjoy the process. Every detail was like a story-book memory; shopping for Georgia’s wedding dress, sampling menus, meeting entertainers…. We were having fun while Heather did all the work. We depended upon her expertise for everything. And it all came without an ounce of stress!

If we could give only one piece of advice to the bride and parents of the bride… it would be to hire Heather Bryson and Carolina Wedding Designs as their wedding planner. After doing so, move forward with confidence that you have hired the most energetic, competent, organized, confident and incredibly loving individual possible. Do not micro manage her… she is an expert, professional and the best at what she does. She will take the reins and guide you step by step…. And that’s the way it should be.

To conclude:

We gave ourselves and our daughter the gift of working with Heather and her Full Service “Marry Me” Package. What Heather gave us in return will never be forgotten… a perfect, stress-free three months of wedding planning…. and a Perfect Wedding Day.

Thank you Heather!
    We Love You!
    Marye Jo and Greg Hartley
    703-966-2014

Sent on 07/13/2010
  • Dalton

Dalton · Married on 02/27/2010

Heather and Cortenay were amazing. I wish I had hired them sooner. However, I thought that I would be fine planning the wedding on my own. However, a month before the wedding, I was about to go insane with all the details, and I was no longer enjoying being a "bride-to-be." As a result, I contacted Heather and Cortenay and purchased the "mend-the-end" package and had them handle all the details for the last four weeks before the wedding. They wrapped up all the loose ends, coordinated vendor payments, schedules, and just generally kept me sane. On the day of the wedding, rather than having to worry about making sure everything was taken care of, I was able to relax and enjoy the experience. My father and stepmother said they were thrilled that they were able to enjoy the reception, dance, and visit with their friends and family, instead of having to rush around fussing over details, distributing payments to the vendors, supervising vendor breakdown and transporting all of the gifts back home after the bride and groom departure. The value received was far in excess of the price and without Heather and Cortenay, I am sure I would not have enjoyed the wedding nearly as much. I highly recommend that you consider using them.

Sent on 03/16/2010

Shannon · Married on 09/12/2009

Cortenay was AWESOME! Living in Los Angeles while planning a North Carolina wedding, Cortenay took care of everything. Her ideas for our wedding perfectly matched what we wanted. Besides being an awesome wedding planner - Cortenay is an awesome person!

Sent on 05/12/2010

stephanie · Married on 07/24/2009

Heather is an accomplished multitasker who sees everything threw to perfection. Her personality was made for wedding planning and you can tell that all of the vendors look to work with her. She was completely organized, creative and helpful with the entire production even offering advice on last minute changes the night of that created a once in a lifetime event. She is so personable that I heard many praising complements from other guests about her. I owe so much of the succes to her and all of her time and energy. Anyone can truly trust that Heather will deliver an unforgettable day!

Sent on 08/24/2009

Meredith · Married on 01/17/2009

Heather Bryson is an exceptional wedding coordinator. I could not have been more pleased with the service and expertise she provided me. She took over the wedding responsiblities about 30 days before the event. She took away all the stress I think many brides feel the month before their wedding. I was totally relaxed before my wedding and for the entire wedding weekend. The execution of the wedding and reception was perfect - it could not have run more smoothly. I absolutely enjoyed the entire wedding weekend and I can not thank her enough for the work she did for me.

Sent on 08/22/2009

Lindsey · Married on 06/21/2008

Heather was absolutely wonderful to work with. I had nothing to worry about the weekend of my wedding. She had everything completely orgainized and not a thing went wrong. She did a great job of communicating with my vendors and orgainizing the wedding party.

Sent on 08/23/2009

Naz · Married on 09/17/2011

CWD and Heather were FANTASTIC. Heather planned my entire wedding. She took my words and thoughts and turned them into an amazing wedding ceremony and reception. My husband and I had so much fun at the wedding and its all thanks to Heather!! CWD has great relationships and strong work ethic, which made the planning process seamless. Thanks again CWD!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Kelsey · Married on 06/16/2011

LOVE LOVE LOVE you guys! I had great service from Heather Bryson, and I feel like we became great friends! The only reason they didn't get a 5.0 is because of my schedule mixed with Heather's schedule sometimes didn't work out. But I feel like Heather went above and beyond on me and my hubby's wedding and I wouldn't have been able to do any of it without her. She made me and the entire wedding party feel comfortable and relaxed all day long! I'm so grateful for all of the hard work of Heather and her team! Thank you Carolina Wedding Design for making my wedding day amazing!!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Linda · Married on 06/04/2011

CWD is professional and creative. They base decisions on a combination of client needs/wants and their knowledge of what works. The entire planning process of 18months went smoothly and the day of the wedding, the CWD team was outstanding. Many of our guests mentioned the attention to detail that made our wedding just perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better firm to work with!

Sent on 07/14/2011

Morgan · Married on 06/04/2011

Heather was great to work with, she was very creative, knowledgable about what would work and what wouldn't work and had great relationships with vendors (which led to some discounts!).

We had our dream wedding and she helped bring our vision to life, I would definitely recommend Carolina Wedding Design for planning your wedding!

Sent on 07/15/2011

Jaya · Married on 08/28/2010

I'm was an out-of-town bride, we got married in my hometown but I live 1000 miles away right now. Leading up to the wedding, CWD was very organized and helpful. I could have gotten away with using them only during wedding week but that said, their recommendations along the way and their connections with vendors saved us time and money.

Heather and Courtenay were invaluable on Wedding Day! They were very organized, on top of everything and seemed to be in 3 places at once. Our family commented so many times that my (now) husband and I were so calm during the day and relaxed at the reception - I owe this to CWD!

Sent on 09/08/2010

Brittany · Married on 06/11/2016

0.4
      0.5

Absolutely terrible experience! My fiancé and I were looking forward to finally planning our dream wedding when we made the mistake of contracting with Carolina Event Designs (CED). If you want to be involved in your wedding planning, at all, then CED is NOT the place for you! – Just 4 months prior to our wedding date, we were left scrambling, trying to find a new wedding planner! 4 months from our big day, Heather, our planner with CED, no longer had time to provide us with the “one-on-one attention” we were wanting so she gave us 2 options: (1) be transferred to her partner who had “a smaller client load and may be able to give [us] more one-on-one attention that [we were] wanting” or (2) “part ways” and “handle it on our own or find someone who may better align” with what we were looking for. Apparently, this is not the first time this has happened with this wedding planner and unfortunately, those other couples did not take the time to share their stories on the reviews. I don’t want anyone else to have to experience what my fiancé and I experienced during a time that should be filled with fun memories!
    We spent 8 months telling ourselves that once our wedding date drew closer we would start to feel like more of a priority to our planner, we were sure we would start getting the attention and time we needed to finalize our plans and vendors. Unfortunately, that was not the case. And instead of feeling like a priority we felt abandoned. When we brought our concerns to Heather’s attention, her response was completely defensive, unprofessional, and ended with her giving us the ultimatum, mentioned above.
    Bottom line, we were lucky enough to find other fantastic planners, they do exist! Do not settle for less! If you choose CED, good luck...I hope they treat your wedding like a priority. Oh yeah, and if not, good luck getting your money back! - From one bride who learned the hard way, to another who can avoid the disappointment, steer clear of CED!

Sent on 02/14/2016