Carolina Event Design Reviews

Carolina Event Design 4
Carolina Event Design 5
Carolina Event Design 6
Carolina Event Design 7

Without question, the best decision I made in planning my daughter's wedding was to use Heather Bryson of Carolina Event Design as our wedding planner. We could not have been happier with her ideas, recommendations, organization, and professionalism as well as her winning personality which made the process so much fun and stress free for both my daughter and myself. She has the upmost respect from the vendors in the community and from the beginning I was confident that our decision to have her plan our wedding was absolutely the right one. Not only did she deliver on all of her promises, she exceeded our expectations and created the most beautiful wedding we had ever seen while being respectful of our budget. We also greatly appreciated the great discounts from the vendors that she passed on to us! Without hesitation, I HIGHLY recommend Heather Bryson as a wedding planner who will do everything in her power to create a wedding of your dreams.

Sent on 09/22/2014
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2014

I will always remember my 9 months planning with Heather from CED. When Heather and I met for the first time to go over initial plans and vendors, she answered any questions and talked through any reservations I may have had. She always made sure to remind me that this was MY wedding and developed a design through our conversations, our senses of style, and a shared Pinterest board. As the weeks and months went on, Heather guided me through the planning process by setting up meetings with venders, giving me monthly to-do lists to keep me on track, and keeping all lines of communication open.While many brides get to the point when they can't wait for the planning to be over, Heather created a wedding planning experience that I never wanted to end. Heather really made me feel like a top priority. She would text with me late at night when I was tossing and turning over how I wanted my hair, scheduled her day around my 5 minute alterations appointment so I wouldn't be alone, and expressed such genuine excitement building up to wedding day. On my wedding week, there were forecasts for rain, and Heather immediately had a plan A, B, and C lined up for any weather scenario. While Mother Nature kept playing mind games with us, Heather always reassured us that the wedding would be beautiful no matter what plan had to be used. Now to talk about my wedding day. It is a day I can only describe as magical. Every vendor Heather recommended was incredible and went above and beyond all expectations. Getting ready felt like a spa day, with Heather constantly checking in and giving me little sneak peaks of what was being set up in the reception space. It was a dream I could have never dreamed up on my own. Not just for me, but for my husband, my family, and everyone in attendance.Heather was the perfect wedding planner and will always be a friend. Heather created magic that day; magic that I would wish upon any bride.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Tiffany · Married on 07/19/2014

Hiring Heather Bryson was the single-best wedding planning decision I made. Here’s why:
    Great Design: So fortunate that she has a great sense of style to help ensure my wedding was as beautiful! Heather assured me the draping color and fabric she recommended would be amazing and she didn't disappoint. So happy I trusted her vision. From linens, to floral arrangement, to wedding programs, she can see things in isolation and know how it fits into the overall vision. Extension of me: I trusted and felt confident that Heather would do a great job of representing me and my vision and most important, my price point. A month prior, I took the trip of a lifetime and my wedding was the last thing on my mind. I had no worries because Heather had it all under control. There were certain things my wedding venue agreed to only to later back out. Without worrying me, Heather went to the ends of the Earth to make sure they delivered on previous agreement at no extra cost. Collaborative: I threw a lot of things Heather's way, in addition to different personalities. My dad being one of them. Love him but he’s a bit of a challenge and Heather was great with him. Very patient and collaborative, both my father and I had ideas for the wedding and she was very helpful in brainstorming ways to incorporate our culture. Well respected: Heather has a reputation of executing w/ excellence. Whether it was the meal tasting or floral visit, all vendors had all positive things to say about Heather. It was said in a way that made it feel real and true. All spoke highly of her design aesthetic and her ability to get things done, and done well! Real friend:The most important quality is that by the end of the process, Heather and I became friends. She's been so great to work with, but also just have fun with. I enjoyed our chats about the crazy Real Housewives franchises and pure ratchetness! Planning a wedding can be a stressful time, but with Heather, every step of the way was enjoyable.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Amy · Married on 06/14/2014

As Mother of the Bride, I can honestly say that the hardest thing I had to do to prepare for this gorgeous wedding was to find my dress. At our first meeting with Heather, she told us her goal was to have the wedding/reception so well planned and executed that we would feel like welcome guests at our daughter's wedding. She did not disappoint!! She took care of all of the MANY contracts that must be negotiated (and she was able to negotiate better prices!), she handled all the details of planning that cause tremendous stress to those of us without connections or experience, and she gave us and our daughter a beautiful wedding and amazing reception that our guests are still talking about. Just what we wanted!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Erin · Married on 06/14/2014

Wow! What a fantastic wedding! We're still in awe of the events of the past couple of weeks, but we can't say enough about how awesome and helpful CED (especially our gal, Erin) was in making this a memorable occasion. Our wedding was at a private family-owned property, and Erin & Co. foresaw potential issues (Plush Flushes are great!) we'd have and didn't miss a thing! They hooked us up with Best Impressions catering of Charlotte and the food was amazing - they have a lot of hook ups at CED (mad props to Lavar and Split Second Sound) and can really work with you in regard to what you want vs. what you can afford or what is available (very helpful mediating with the florist as the bride altered the color palette a little late). Erin made our wedding special by retaining the personal touches we wanted and adding the profession touches we needed. Erin also made sure I was hydrated the day of and intuitively took notice of the details that were important to us and our families. The wedding ceremony & rehearsal went flawlessly; Erin also made sure we were hydrated and having fun during our awesome reception. Everyone we spoke to said they had a fantastic time, from our friends to my (hard to please) 90 year old grandmother. I already miss Erin's to-do emails! Planning a wedding is easy with the ladies at Carolina Event Design - I (and my mother and now husband) recommend CED for your event or wedding design, hands down. Thank you CED!
    - Erin & Joey Schumacher & their Families

Sent on 07/05/2014

Kristen · Married on 06/07/2014

What I didn't know before I got married:

There are so many big and little details that go into a wedding. Every decision feels huge because it's your one and only wedding, and you want it to be perfect. And after you make all your decisions, you have to coordinate 15 different vendors who only see you as just another bride so maybe they'll call you back in a couple weeks, maybe in a month. Sometimes you get so exhausted that you just want to give up on trying to get exactly what you want for every part of the wedding. And that's just the prep. The wedding day itself has it's own set of details and timelines and must-dos.

If you just want to enjoy the fun planning stuff (flowers, colors, etc.) then you have to have someone else handle all the un-fun stuff like what time the groomsmen have to be dressed and whether the venue is going to let you stake the tent to the ground instead of making you use ugly water barrels to keep it from blowing away.

Once we realized the stress of planning was making it more un-fun than fun, we hired Cortenay with Carolina Event Design. I can say without a doubt that she is the reason we had a spectacular wedding day that was stress-free and beautiful. The first time you meet with her you'll realize she knows what she's doing, you don't, and that you would be lost without her.

Just hire Cortenay. It will be the best money you spend on your wedding. You'll be able to look back and remember how much fun you had and how you didn't have a care in the world that day. And after the honeymoon, when you hear stories about how the venue manager was being difficult, you'll realize if you didn't have Cortenay, it would have been you standing there in your beautiful wedding dress fighting about tent stakes.

Seriously getting a little teary just writing this review... that's how perfect our wedding was and how grateful I am for Cortenay.

Kristen Martin
    Married to Kirk in June 2014

Sent on 07/26/2014

Georgina · Married on 05/03/2014

As the mother of the bride the best decision I made was to hire Heather Bryson early in the process to plan our daughter's wedding. Heather handled all aspects of the wedding with incredible attention to detail and provided a timeline of when things needed to be done. My daughter had a vision of the wedding she wanted and Heather achieved that goal 100%. Throughout the process all issues and questions Heather handled right away and put us at ease. We put our trust in Heather and she did not let us down. Most important the day of the wedding was flawless. Thank you Heather for making the most important day in our daughter's life amazing. Could not have done it without a wedding planner with your talent.

Sent on 05/08/2014

Liana · Married on 05/03/2014

Hiring Carolina Event Design specifically Heather Bryson to help in planning my wedding was by far the best decision I made. Heather was absolutely amazing throughout the whole process from recommending the best vendors for our budget to always being flexible and answering our questions immediately. She made this process as stress free as it can possibly be and I always felt like I could trust her 100% with her recommendations. I was able to give her a vision of what I wanted my wedding to look like and she made that vision come alive. I can't tell you how many compliments I received on my wedding from our friends and family. Not only was she an amazing wedding planner but she was also such a pleasure to work with. I would absolutely recommend using Heather and Carolina Event Design to plan a wedding!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Bill andJudy · Married on 12/07/2013

My husband Bill and I were so pleased with the professionalism and the service that Cortenay provided for us.

Sent on 12/12/2013

Carol · Married on 10/18/2013

When my daughter and son-in-laws plans for a destination wedding started to crumble I found Heather of Carolina Wedding Design. What a find!! Just our first telephone conversation put me at ease and I knew I had found a great planner that my daughter would connect with. Well they had a venue, photographer, dj and officiant within a week. From there my daughters description of a intimate and romantic wedding came to life in the most perfect wedding. Heather did not miss any detail. She remained professional even at the most relaxed meetings in our home. She was in constant contact and keep us all up to date on everything. She was great at staying on my daughter and son-in-law as far as things they needed to do on their timeline. The day of the wedding she never stopped. Her and Erin were at the venue working before we even arrived. Even the guests commented on how wonderful she was.
    As far as the parents paying for the wedding: she knew the ins and outs and saved us money everywhere she could. The cost of her services was so worth it in the time and money she saved us.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/19/2013

Heather Bryson is the very reason my daughter's wedding was such a wonderful day! I live in Tennessee and my daughter lives in South Carolina. The wedding was in Charlotte. There is absolutely no way the wedding would have been anything but a chaotic mess if I'd tried to do it myself. I hired Heather and she took total responsibility! She kept everything on schedule and she made everything seem easy. She had the best contacts for the things we needed...ie: DJ, Cake, Venue, Dress Shop, Etc. The day of the wedding, she did all the work, and I just enjoyed the day!!! So many people have told me "That was the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to." We owe it all to Heather and Carolina Wedding Design. I can't tell you how thankful I am that she was there every step of the way! We love you, Heather!!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Kelly · Married on 05/19/2013

Oh my gosh!!! Could not have been happier with our wedding! We have been told over and over and over how perfect it was!! Most of our guests say it's been the most amazing wedding they have been to and it all because of this wk fearful company!!! They are the BEST OUT THRRE!!! Don't think twice about using them!!!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Kristi · Married on 05/18/2013

I dont even know where to begin with the shouts of praise I have for Cortenay Matters and Carolina Wedding Design! Working with Cortenay was hands down the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. Theres no way the day would have turned out the way it did without her expertise!

My now husband has rather fancy taste, I on the other hand, wanted a barn wedding in a field some where. The thought of combining the two seemed impossible. Then came Cortenay to the rescue. She managed to create the most beautiful wedding I've ever seen -- and we both got what we wanted.

She paid so much attention to the details and brought her all to each phase of the planning process. And the dynamic was great -- she didn't come across as the planner that you were just one of many weddings she was planning. It was like she was a good friend that really cared how your wedding turned out. She brought ideas to the table that I never would have thought of myself -- it took the wedding to a whole new level. And there were so many personal touches that reflected things that were important to Mark and I.

The best part of it all, was actually being able to enjoy my wedding day. I got to kick back and enjoy a day with my girlfriends and not worry about if the flowers were in the right place and if things were set up the way they were supposed to be. I knew Cortenay had it all under control and everything would be just perfect. And it was. We literally gasped when we saw the reception set up for the first time. It was like something out of a fairy tale.

Its been two months since our wedding and people are still telling us and our family how great it was. I've heard 'this is the best wedding i've ever been to' over and over again. And to top it off we just found out our wedding is going to be featured in a magazine! So yeah, let Cortenay plan your wedding...you'll end up in a magazine. :)

Sent on 07/23/2013

tim · Married on 05/04/2013

The event was flawless - Heather's team was absolutely unbelievable. We couldn't have done it without her. I would strongly recommend her to anyone I know planning a wedding.

Sent on 05/09/2013

Carol · Married on 05/04/2013

I was worried how everything was going to turn out. Thankfully everything was totally amazing. I've never
    Attended a more perfect wedding thanks to Heather and all she did. A plus. She really knows what she's doing and is extremely professional.

Sent on 05/15/2013

Larry · Married on 05/04/2013

Heather,
    Carol and I want to thank you and your staff for performing beyond our expectations from the
    planning phase throughout out the wedding and evening celebration. The schedule of events could
    not have been executed more smoothly and perfectly. Thank you for providing our daughter Ashley with your personal touch throughout the entire experience. You were a major part of this special event and certainly made the experience a memorable one. We would not hesitate to recommend you and your firm to any interested parties in the future. We hope we can see you again upon our return to Charlotte...
    Your the Best..
    Love, Regards and Thanks from the Borello's

Sent on 05/15/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 08/11/2012

The best decision I ever made during the course of planning our wedding was to hire Carolina Wedding Design and Cortenay Matters. Shortly after I became engaged, I relocated 600 miles from my hometown of Charlotte to be closer to my fiance. While this could be a little nerve wracking for any bride, Cortenay kept me organized, relaxed, and on top of things. She is talented, creative and made all of my hopes and dreams for my wedding come to life while still helping me make responsible choices regarding our budget. She was involved in every aspect of planning, from negotiating vendor contracts to helping me choose the perfect dress. On the day of the wedding, she greeted me bright and early in my suite to make sure I was as relaxed as possible for my big day and she made sure the night went smoothly and that I was able to enjoy every minute - from bringing me my sandals when my feet were tired from dancing to making sure that I always had a drink in my hand. I didn't have to worry about any of the business that comes along with wedding planning on my wedding day and I was able to relax and know that everything would be perfect at the reception. All weddings have hiccups and little things that go wrong during the day - but if you hire Carolina Wedding Design you won't know it. At least not until you get back from your honeymoon and have time to chat and debrief! And that feeling is priceless!

Sent on 09/04/2012

Jessica · Married on 07/21/2012

I can't say enough positive things about Heather, Cortenay and Carolina Wedding Design. They exceeded my expectations in every respect and helped make my wedding day gorgeous, classy, seamless, and stress-free. Heather was always very responsive and as my mom said "worth her weight in gold". She incorporated all of my must haves, but at the same time provided great advice and recommendations. Her personal touches, especially on the design front, made my wedding one of a kind. CWD's vendor contacts were all great and I had no complaints - from the officiant, photographer, DJ, ceremony musician, and florist. The industry connections are a big plus because it saves time, money and the headache of doing your own research. Looking back, I can't imagine planning my wedding without Heather and Carolina Wedding Design. Heather is not only an awesome planner but the utmost professional, and most importantly, a great friend. I highly recommend CWD!

Sent on 08/28/2012

John · Married on 07/21/2012

As the "father of the bride", my involvement picked up in intensity down the stretch. Our daughter Jessica was more involved with Heather throughout the process (over several months) than my wife and I were. As the weekend approached..and as all of the details had to be finalized..I was in contact with Heather quite a bit.

We coudln't have been more pleased. She is truly a "pro's pro" and her advice and counsel to our daughter Jessica was invaluable. In addition to the professional side of our relationship, she became a family friend. We recommend her with the utmost confidence that others would be equally as pleased.

John and Donata Phillips

Sent on 09/04/2012

Jenn · Married on 07/07/2012

I honestly cannot say enough wonderful things about Heather Bryson! Having Heather be a part of my wedding day was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Working with Heather allowed me to be calm and relaxed and enjoy the process. She made everything SO easy and a lot of fun. I really feel that she went above and beyond to make sure that my day was amazing. She is super organized and has a great relationship with like every vendor you meet. Everything turned out so beautiful and better than my wildest dreams!!

Sent on 09/25/2012

Kate · Married on 06/08/2012

Let me open my letter by saying that my wedding day was the absolute best day of my life. Carolina Wedding Design, and specifically Cortenay Matters, had everything to do with making that day magical, and completely stress-free. As a Project Manager at a large financial institution here in Charlotte, I am very focused on both the details, and flawless execution of any initiative on which I am working. I also have pretty high expectations, and am not always easy to please. Cortenay’s attention to detail, her creative touches, and unmatched communication and organizational skills impressed me, and gave me the confidence to fully put the planning into her hands. I was able to just relax and enjoy that very special engagement period with my husband.

One of the things I loved about working with Cortenay was the fact that she gave me “Type A” personality results, but delivered them with a “Type B” kind of calm. Cortenay was always tee’ing up my wedding chores for the week, and sending me gentle reminders about what deliverables were around the corner. She never let us slip off of our timeline, but she did this all with a composed, relaxed demeanor. She was such a joy to work with!

The theme of our wedding reception was “Romantic English Garden,” and was held at my now husband’s private residence. The décor was absolutely outstanding, and Cortenay pulled it all off in less than 4 months (from planning to execution). My favorite touches included the vintage books that Cortenay ordered as part of our center pieces. She selected works that represented our education, travel experiences, and hobbies. She also hung delicate bird cages on a few of the trees in the backyard near the tent and had the florist fill them with roses and peonies. It was so beautiful. Our wedding guests were most complimentary of the wedding details, and I heard from many friends/family members that it was the best wedding that they had ever attended.

Furthermore, the vendors that Cortenay helped me select were top-notch, and because of her established relationships, I also received discounts for their services. Since we condensed our wedding planning from the normal 12 months, down to just 4, this was obviously a pretty hectic time for us. I can’t tell you what a benefit it was to be able to interface with only one main contact (Cortenay) vs. having to coordinate separately with our florist, photographer, cake baker, rentals rep, DJ, caterer, make-up artist, church coordinator, bridal shop, etc. My husband has said that hiring CWD was the best money we ever spent, and he wishes he could have “a Cortenay” to help manage the other major projects in our lives!

In closing, I would just like to say a heartfelt “thank you” to Cortenay and Carolina Wedding Design. I will always look back on June 8th (wedding day) with such joy and happiness, and I am ever grateful to Cortenay for her sage advice, hard work, and for caring about our big day as much as we did.

Katherine Jones Moore

Sent on 07/13/2012

Ashlee · Married on 05/26/2012

My husband and I worked with Cortenay to plan our dream wedding in Charlotte, North Carolina. When we first became engaged I had felt that I would be able to take care of the wedding myself without the help of a wedding planner. After talking with my mother, we decided that hiring a wedding planner couldn't hurt and we made the decision to hire Carolina Wedding Design. It was by far the best decision I made throughout the entire wedding process.

I cannot begin to explain how amazing and talented Cortenay is at her job. She took care of everything and made the whole wedding planning process an actual joy. As much as I loved working with her during the whole wedding planning process, I have to say that her services during the days surrounding and including the wedding were invaluable. I am a very high strung individual and had already accepted that I would most likely be freaking out on the day of the wedding with whatever issues would arise. I could not have been more wrong. I was more relaxed on my wedding day than I am on a day to day basis! I knew after over a year of working with Cortenay that she could handle anything that happened and she did. Everything was flawless and I did not have to worry about one little thing the entire day. Not to mention that everything we had worked on turned out beautifully and that our wedding was a huge hit with all our guests!

I could go on and on about how it would be a huge mistake not to choose Carolina Wedding Design as your wedding planner but I will stop here! I HIGHLY recommend you do yourself a huge favor and pick them though :-D

Sent on 09/13/2012

Courtney · Married on 04/21/2012

Hiring Carolina Wedding Design was the best decision my husband and I made during our entire wedding process. We knew Cortenay and Heather were amazing planners due to a friend's recommendation and flawless wedding that they had planned. What we were not expecting was how much attention was paid to every detail of our wedding and how much less stressed we were immediately after hiring them. Cortenay and Heather truly took the time to know us during the process, as evident our event was beautiful and uniquely "us." The big day was perfect and relaxing. With the expertise of Carolina Wedding Design my husband and I were able to enjoy the best day of our lives without a worry.

Sent on 06/26/2012

Megan · Married on 03/17/2012

Carolina Wedding Design is more than just a company...they are family, your confidant, and friend through the entire wedding planning process. They really care about their brides and take time to get to know you personally to make sure your wedding is catered to what you like.
    I cannot imagine planning my wedding without Cortenay Matters! She made the process so painless and REALLY fun! All of the stress of planning a wedding never phased me because I completely trusted Cortenay and the Carolina Wedding Design team. Hands down best experience possible! They go above and beyond and I would recommend them to any bride! They are the BEST in Charlotte and made my fairy tale wedding come true!!!

Sent on 04/01/2012

amber · Married on 03/10/2012

Hiring Heather Bryson and Cortenay Matters with Carolina Wedding Design was THE ABSOLUTE best decision my fiance' and I ever made when it came to our wedding! After getting engaged and starting the process of planning our wedding, we thought we could save money and plan it ourselves. That thought lasted about 5 minutes. I was completely overwhelmed and didn't have a clue where to start. So, we looked into hiring a wedding planner, met with a few, and just completely clicked with these two women. These girls know what they are doing!!! I trusted them so much that I was willing to just show up that day and get married. Her vision and creativity for our multi-cultural wedding was second to none. I cannot say enough good things about CWD...not to mention, they saved us thousands of dollars in the process! We worked mostly with Heather, who is just a doll! We had a blast every time we got together to do wedding stuff. Seriously, if you are engaged and planning the most UNFORGETTABLE day of your life, CWD can take your dreams to the next level. I cannot imagine our wedding without them. They will always be a part of our life! BEST MONEY EVER SPENT! hands down. So happy to be able to write a review on their behalf. THANK you CWD! Love you girls!

Sent on 04/09/2012