Carol Hannah Reviews

204 | New York, NY

204 Reviews for Carol Hannah

Laura · Married on 09/07/2015

Carol Hannah and her staff are fantastic! I couldn't be happier with their work and dedication. It was a true pleasure. I had 3 fittings, they were incredibly accommodating, kind and wonderful to be around. I was extremely happy with everything and hope to wear her designs in the future for some other event. Her work is just stellar! Can't way enough good things about Carol and her staff.

Sent on 01/29/2016
  • I

Iris · Married on 08/08/2015

I can't even put into words how wonderful the experience of buying my dress from Carol Hannah was! Nicole and Dara are so lovely, professional, and accommodating. I had seen the Mulberry skirt at Lovely and loved it but was not crazy about the top. So when I found out Carol Hannah was local, I booked an appointment to try on the skirt with different tops. The fitting experience was fantastic - so intimate and personal since they typically only schedule one bride at a time. Nicole was so sweet to show me different tops, and I wound up purchasing the Mulberry skirt with lace bustier and flapper head piece. What pushed me over the top to buy with Carol Hannah was that they would custom-make the pieces to my body, including any small tweaks to the design (e.g. they cut the back of the bustier 2" lower than the sample, swapped the lining in the skirt to silk charmeuse, etc.) AND that they source locally from the garment district and employ the sewers in-house. Also, they worked within my budget and I couldn't believe what a value it was to have the dress custom-made (I had assumed that was impossible given my budget). I loved getting to support such a wonderful small business!

I also loved getting to come to fittings over the course of the next few months - it was so great to see the whole outfit really come together and witness the production process live. Nicole and Dara were an absolute joy to work with, and I cannot thank them enough for helping me put together my dream dress! My guests and photographer said it was the most beautiful dress they'd seen all year. :) I'm looking forward to rewearing the pieces in different contexts in the future, and am recommending Carol Hannah to every bride I meet! Thank you for everything, Carol Hannah team! You're the best!!!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Most dresses that you first see online don't live up to their photos when you try them on but the Kensington skirt by CH is an exception. Carol Hannah Bridal was my second stop/shop when looking for dresses but it was my first choice since perusing every last wedding Pinterest board. If you have your heart set on that skirt but have yet to try it, there's no doubt in my mind that your dress shopping will be one and done.

It is a boutique worth visiting. Nicole is incredibly nice and welcoming, encouraging you to try on dresses to your hearts desire while also gently disclaiming the dresses that are outside your (already padded) budgets. Plenty of dresses can be mixed and matched and Nicole has both the patience of lion while you fancy up all kinds of combos on your own and the enthusiasm to match in case there's a combo you happened to miss (no way though, you thought of everything).

Not to mention, she is your personal cheerleader. Everything looks fabulous and suddenly your waistline is that of a double 0, according to Nicole. And while she is always positive, she will (gently) steer you in a different direction if its just not the right one.

After deciding that you will be wearing Carol Hannah at your wedding, it is like cruising down the coast. They take care of all of the alterations (if you opt for it) and you have multiple fittings as you get closer to your date. At your alterations, you meet Dara (unless your dress is custom made then I think you get CH herself), who is ALSO great and easy-going.

I had a great experience here. Nicole and Dara were a dream team to work with and so accommodating. Scheduling the fittings and the delivery of the dress was a breeze. Asking for little matching ties and handkerchiefs relatively last minute was also happily accommodated. I can't compare to large wedding dress stores but who does not enjoy some catered attention?
    This is how dress fittings and the dress buying process should be.

Sent on 09/23/2015
  • Kallie

Kallie · Married on 05/16/2015

Working with the Carol Hannah team to create my wedding dress was such a delight. Before I stopped in their boutique, I had been shopping a few times previously and had not found one dress that I really felt like was "the one." I got an email from The Knot that said CH was having a trunk show sale that upcoming weekend, so I made an appointment on a whim. Their boutique is so nicely set up, it's only big enough to have one appointment going at a time, so you feel you like are at your own personal stylist's studio. The minute I put my dress on (I got the Aleister), I knew it was the one. Dara took the time to go over with me the various custom changes that I wanted to get. My dress was unique, elegant, beautiful, and perfectly "me." Throughout my fittings, working with Dara and Nicole was a breeze. They were so detail oriented and made sure everything fit perfectly and matched my expectations.

I also want to note that a few months before the wedding I decided I wanted to switch up the accessories that I had bought to go with my dress, and they helped me conceptualize my idea for having a wedding cape to go with the ceremony. What they created was so beautiful, and really added to my overall look. I got countless compliments on my dress the day of the wedding - mostly just how unique the dress was, and how the dress was perfectly representative of me and my personality. Highly recommend coming to Carol Hannah if you want a dress that is not run of the mill, but unique and perfectly you.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Christine · Married on 05/09/2015

Working with the Carol Hannah team was an absolute pleasure. The staff was all very friendly and easy to work with. I bought a short dress from Carol Hannah to change into as my party dress. I was SO glad I did. The fit was perfect and so comfortable and I loved the way it looked! I cannot say the same for my experience with my long dress experience. I was so thrilled when the time came in the night to put on my dress. I knew I wanted feathers on the bottom, which is how I stumbled upon Carol Hannah. Being able to mix and match the cut of the top of the dress with the feather bottom and add a cache that i liked with it was so fun. Could not be happier with the whole Carol Hannah experience.

Sent on 07/07/2015

emma · Married on 04/11/2015

Absolulte MUST!

I had a wonderful experience shopping here. It was also my mom's favorite of all the shops we visited because of the warm welcome and fun attitude of the sales staff. As a plus size bride I was able to try on some dresses in my size and others in smaller size that still gave me a good idea of how it would look. The construction and quality is amazing on the gowns. There was one dress in white and gold fabric that I just couldn't stop thinking about. I ultimately went with another bridal gown, but I went back to Carol Hannah and bought a dress for rehearsal dinner and engagement photos because I had such a great experience.

Sent on 10/22/2020

Peggy · Married on 11/02/2014

I absolutely loved working with Carol Hannah and her whole team. The fabrics they use are top notch and everything is completely customized to your body, not to mention made in NYC! Dara and Nicole were so professional and accommodating in ways big and small -- answering emails quickly, double checking shipping addresses and dates, letting me know that if anything happened to the dress to call or email instead of trying to figure it out myself. I definitely recommend them to anyone who wants to work with real professionals who stand behind what they're selling and actually care about the experience of their customers! Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Nicki · Married on 11/01/2014

Working with Carol Hannah and her team was such a dream! My dress and veil were absolutely perfect. I was able to mix and match a top and bottom, customize elements of my dress, and make a completely one-of-a-kind look! CH and team were so helpful and I was thrilled to meet the seamstresses who created my dress on one occasion. I was such a special moment, and I will never forget it. I would recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 12/13/2014

Alaina · Married on 10/31/2014

I could not have asked for a better experience. My dress was absolutely perfect - I didn't want to take it off! Plus, everyone at Carol Hannah was so wonderful. They really made the whole experience so special. I highly recommend to anyone.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Jordan · Married on 10/25/2014

Having my wedding dress from Carol Hannah was a dream come true. I looked at many places for the "right" dress, and I kept coming back to the Kensington by Carol Hannah. I originally thought I wanted a vintage lace dress without the standard cupcake "pouf," but all of the ones I tried on at other placed started to blend together in my mind. Looking for something that was different from the norm, but still said "wedding," I found this dress and immediately loved it. Before going to my first appointment I was pretty sure it was the right one, but actually going to her studio I just fell in love. Carol Hanna has such an incredible eye; she can put together a clean line with dramatic yet understated draping and wow, an incredible dress is born. All throughout my wedding people kept coming up to me to ask about the dress, who had made it, and what the story was behind it. I was incredibly comfortable yet felt I was out of a storybook the whole night (my cousin's 4 year old daughter kept asking if I was a real princess).

Dara helped me throughout the entire process, and she was excellent! From trying on the dress, through the fitting, to the very end, she answered all my questions, helped me feel comfortable in the dress, and made the entire experience smooth, exciting, and perfect. A major plus? During my second fitting Carol Hannah herself pinned the dress to me! What a dream.

Krista · Married on 10/11/2014

The Carol Hannah wedding dress experience was incredible and something I am so thankful for.

Not only did I find the dress of my dreams, but the service that came with the dress was unlike any other I have experienced before. Dara and her team were professional, accommodating and most importantly relaxed throughout the whole process.

The dresses offered are absolutely stunning - everything from whimsical to traditional. The best part about the process is the fact that your dress is made to be customizable for your style and your body type, so you really feel like the dress is yours and one of a kind.

My wedding was in Colorado, so I chose to ship my dress out rather than having to drag it on the plane. As you can imagine, this can be a nerve racking process, but Dara eased my nerves by sending me play by play e-mails via Fedex of where the dress was and the date of its arrival.

Carol Hannah will not disappoint. It was the best decision I made in the wedding planning process!

ENJOY!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Brooke · Married on 09/27/2014

Carol Hannah is amazing!!!! The designs are incredible and everyone is so kind and helpful! I wish i could get married again so i could do it all again!!!!

Sent on 12/10/2014

I went to Carol Hannah's studio in the city because I wanted a grey/silver gown that would not look white, and she is one of the only designers I saw in other boutiques with colored gowns. She and her team were amazing to work with, adapting existing styles to a completely custom gown. The only downside was that my bustle wouldn't stay. My dress was an extremely delicate silk chiffon and the snaps just wouldn't hold.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Kristin · Married on 09/13/2014

My experience at Carol Hannah couldn't have been better. It is an extremely personal service, unlike anything that happens at any other bridal boutique. When you are there, you have their full attention, as only one client is in the studio at a time. And what is better than having your dress made from scratch?! You see your dress made from the inside out, and any necessary adjustments are made along way. And when I asked for a last-moment alteration (as in 48-hours before my wedding), Dara and the rest of the team didn't flinch. They were absolutely delightful to work with.

And then there's the dress you end up with! Mine was absolutely gorgeous and fit me like a glove! I would recommend Carol Hannah in a second!

Angela · Married on 08/09/2014

There is no other place I would tell a bride to go for a wedding dress. You can customize your own dress and carol and her team care just as much as it being perfect as you do. I think I had 7 fittings. They are so professional and down to earth. There truly could not have been a better way to find my wedding gown.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Aana · Married on 08/09/2014

Carol Hannah and her team are absolutely fantastic. I can't stress enough how grateful I am to her and everyone who works for her. I purchased my dress directly from Carol Hannah rather than at a retail store, and for a fee less than what I would have paid for alterations, they custom fit the dress so that it was impeccably tailored. Carol Hannah herself was there for my final fitting and helped determine the source of a few small imperfections, then photographed them with her phone and fixed them herself in the sewing room. I can hardly imagine a big-label designer doing the same. What's more, Dara (CH's assistant) always responded to my calls or emails within a few hours (if not minutes) and accommodated my work schedule for all of my dress fittings. When I caused a snag in my silk dress the day before the wedding, Dara immediately replied with detailed instructions on how to make it perfect again. I also received two "thank-you" cards from Carol Hannah after my fittings -- a small gesture that goes a long way and reflects how she conducts her whole business.

I got all these perks, plus the feel-good-feeling of supporting a small business filled with passionate, creative, yet laid back people who are just as excited as the brides to see their creations come to life. Admittedly, I paid a bit more than I'd hoped for my dress, but I know the price reflected the handiwork and raw materials, not a profit margin. And even if that weren't the case, I'd still pay a premium for the closeness I felt with the designer and her staff. An all-around wonderful experience that I would not trade for anything. Thank you!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Tiffany · Married on 08/08/2014

Searching for a dress can be difficult and confusing if you're a picky, want a high quality dress and don't have a huge budget. I knew I wanted something unique and not like every other wedding dress, so after visiting a few other bridal salons in the city, I found myself at Carol Hannah's. The dresses were beautiful, made of great fabrics and there were some in my price point! (under $2000) I fell in love with a few dresses, but decided on the Kensington. It was the perfect choice for me. Full, but not over done and made of beautiful draping linen fabric.

The whole process of working with Carol Hannah's studio was amazing. Living in NYC, I was able to get the dress made to fit me, rather than starting with a sample size and sizing it down. The appointments were convenient and always on time. Dara Rosen was amazing and so helpful in answering any questions or rescheduling I needed.

I had my dress shipped to my parents house out of state, and it arrived on time and in beautiful condition. Everyone at the wedding gave me so many compliments on the dress. I highly recommend visiting Carol Hannah's studio if you're in search of something truly unique and special!

Sent on 12/13/2014
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 07/13/2014

I was lucky enough to find Carol Hannah, and the result was a truly unique wedding dress made to fit my body perfectly. Instead of having to go to overwhelming warehouse-like bridal stores, I got to go to a cute boutique, and have one-on-one attention. How many people can say that their wedding dress was made from scratch to fit their body exactly? No one else will have your wedding dress! When you choose Carol Hannah that is the kind of luxury experience you get, at an affordable price. I brought my friends along with me to my fittings, and they are definitely planning on going to Carol Hannah for their weddings as well.

Sent on 07/22/2014

Had the best experience with Carol Hannah and her team. Where to begin...

I almost didn't visit Carol Hannah due to a last minute scheduling change requested by CH (I live abroad and had limited time in NY so I was a bit frustrated that I had to move appointments around in order to make it to a fitting. In addition, my MOH was not able to make it due to the scheduling change). However, once I reached Carol Hannah for my initial fitting, I had THE BEST experience. Dara is a sweetheart and overall just awesome. She had a way of making me feel like I was CH's one and only client... no other bridal boutique I visited even came close. She was responsive, patient and very helpful throughout the process.

The Dress: I purchased the Monticello and it was STUNNING... Carol Hannah and her team were kind enough to customize the back of the dress to my specifications and it turned out so well. The dress was lightweight, cool (important for an outdoor summer wedding) and very comfortable. Although purchased as a wedding dress, I ended up wearing the Monticello only for the reception, but in retrospect, I should have worn it for the entire celebration. I wore a semi-bespoke fitted gown for the ceremony, and although that was beautiful as well, the Monticello was "the stunner" (our guests), photographed better, and was significantly more comfortable (as mentioned above).

There are so many other positive things I could write about Carol Hannah and her team, but I will leave it here. Thank you Carol Hannah!

Sent on 08/06/2014

stacy · Married on 07/05/2014

I cannot say enough about my experience with Carol and her team. I walked into her shop having had a rough go with the wedding gown search. Sure, I found dresses that were pretty, but nothing I put on took my breath away and most of the sales people I had dealt with had been impersonal and disingenuously told everyone that everything looked good.

Everything changed the minute I walked in for my appointment at Carol Hannah. After trying on a few dresses it became clear that there were more than a handful that gave me that feeling I had spent nearly a year trying to find without luck. Her stuff is beyond gorgeous! My experience at Carol Hannah transformed what had up until that point been a long and outright painful experience into such an enjoyable process. I will forever be grateful for randomly stumbling upon her store/workspace and am already planning to come back for a vow renewal gown when the time comes!

If you are looking for a truly memorable (in the best of ways), unique, personal wedding gown shopping experience and wedding garment, hands down this is the place to go.

Sent on 08/14/2014

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Carol Hannah, her team and her gowns. Unique, flattering dresses and completely individual attention ensure you find the perfect dress and feel like the most beautiful bride in the world.
    I was looking for a sleek, simple and elegant dress and ended up choosing the Aleister. After my wedding ceremony and reception, we had a second celebration dinner in Greece with family; Carol Hannah and her team shortened my gown to a high/low hem, which suited both the dress and the event perfectly.
    I would highly recommend this salon to any bride out there!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Georgia · Married on 06/28/2014

I found my wedding dress online, at carol-hannah.com. It took me less than 10 seconds to realize that it was the one--the Downton dress from the 2013 collection. It literally took my breath away.

From that moment, the entire experience working with Carol Hannah's team, from the first email to the last fitting, was everything I'd ever dreamed it would be. I love how warm and familiar the staff at the showroom is (Dara is amazing!), even though the dresses themselves are high fashion--of the highest quality with a stunning uniqueness and innovation. The dresses are constructed for each bride individually, and the team is very open when it comes to altering the designs slightly (I asked for my dress to be more fitted to my body, for example, and in a different shade of white than it premiered in on the runway). I absolutely believe that my dress is one-of-a-kind for these reasons and in an age of formulaic Wedding Dress reality shows, that's a rarity.

Carol Hannah was present at my final fitting and it was an incredible life moment to be complimented by a designer while standing in one of her designs. Simply unreal.

On my wedding day, I felt stunning, gorgeous, and angelic. People came up to me all day to tell me how incredible the dress was--most people said they'd never seen anything so beautiful--and how perfectly it suited me. I can't recommend Carol Hannah highly enough!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Katy · Married on 06/07/2014

it was such a pleasure working with the Carol Hannah team! My mother and I saw our vision of my perfect wedding dress be brought to life. It was an amazing experience and such a pleasure!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Deborah · Married on 05/24/2014

Carol Hannah not only designs the most gorgeous bridal gowns but their customer service and 'can-do' attitude far exceeded my bridal gown experience and I would recommend going straight to the designer than a bridal salon!

I found my gown at a bridal salon but when I realized Carol Hannah's boutique was in New York I decided to go straight to her. My gown was made to fit me perfectly; from the measurements of the corset to the final fitting. And when I asked for tweaks and alterations that weren't typical of the gown they were happy to make them with no hesitation. They even allowed an extra fitting to ensure that the small details were exactly to my needs. At each fitting they made me feel completely at ease and Dara was so comforting and encouraging when I requested any changes.

They also sewed in a piece of my mother's bridal gown into a beautiful heart shaped motif and throughout the experience the attention to detail was impeccable.

They even suggested I skype my mum when I had my fittings as I am from the UK and she couldn't be there at my appointments.

At every step, I felt I was truly cared for and that they were with me in this important occasion. I couldn't recommend them highly enough!!!

I just wish I could do it all again!!!

Sent on 06/10/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the team at Carol Hannah. After purchasing a Carol Hannah at a small NYC boutique, I was nervous about where to get it altered. My dress - The Pemberley - was so delicate that I wanted someone who truly knew what they were doing to work on it. I called Carol Hannah directly prepared to beg to let me complete alterations there even though I had not bought it in the showroom. But I never had to reach the begging stage. As soon as Dara heard which dress I was wearing, she immediately scheduled my first appointment and said they would be glad to help out.

From there on, my experience was amazing. I loved visiting the studio in Midtown (it is super cozy inside) and working with Dara and the seamstress on my gown. They were super accommodating to my schedule, made it fit perfectly and taught my all of the tricks for the bustle. I felt both gorgeous and totally comfortable on the big day. No pulling, tugging or worrying about fit for me!

I even had an unexpected surprise: getting to meet Carol Hannah herself when I picked up the gown. She was super sweet, exactly as I imagined her to be. Her designs are incredible and I only wish I could get married again so that I could wear another one!!

Sent on 05/14/2014