Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate Reviews

Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate 5
Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate 6
Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate 7

Morgan · Married on 11/07/2009

Carmel Mountian is a beautiful place to have a wedding. Sarah was very professional and very helpful.

Sent on 11/10/2009

Katie · Married on 08/15/2009

2.0

This place was absolutely beautiful, I loved it. The cost was a little pricey, but very worth it for the venue. We didn't even have to clean up after the reception, it was great!

Sent on 09/20/2009

Jacquelyn · Married on 08/08/2009

Response time was slow when contacting coordinator. Staff was wonderful on the day of the event. I had MANY compliments. Food seems to be a little overpriced, however, it is a good value for how beautiful the venu is. From the time I booked to the wedding date, there were three changes in staffing. I'm not sure if the management has solidified the staff yet, but it was a bit frustrating through all the transitions. Overall, great place. The wedding turned out wonderful. I would recomend to others.

Sent on 11/09/2009

Priscilla · Married on 07/25/2009

3.5

Everything went perfectly! Sarah and Kevin were such a pleasure to work with, going beyond any expectations that we had. Even giving a ride to guests to their local hotel. Service was friendly and prompt.

Sent on 08/06/2009

Marissa · Married on 07/25/2009

Beautiful venue. Very accomodating for pictures on the golf course and use of rooms. We had some issues with consistency with staff during the planning stages. However, the day of our wedding the service and attitude of the staff was wonderful. They were helpful and friendly. I definitely would recommend this venue to future brides.

Sent on 08/10/2009
  • F

Fatemeh · Married on 07/04/2009

4.2
      3.5

Beautiful stunning perfect location! They are very sweet and try to help if they can. There are a few things in the contract about vendors that aren't preferable and a few expenses that come up later down the line. I highly recommend the place adn services overall.

Sent on 07/08/2009

Rachel · Married on 04/09/2009

4.2

It was a really beautiful location and everyone still claims that their filet mignon was the best they ever tried!

Sent on 04/28/2009

Audrey · event on 12/17/2011

3.5

The Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club is the most beautiful setting for any celebration. The setting and view are fantastic. Service is great! Highly recommend this beautiful place for your function. We are returning for the second time for our company holiday party.

Sent on 01/31/2012
  • I

Inderjit · Married on 04/10/2010

3.0

The location is gorgeous, cant beat their ball room, but the flexibility of menu was poor. They will nickel and dime you, but the location is so good that its still worth it. Everyone enjoyed the place and arrangements.

Sent on 04/27/2010

Jillian · Married on 07/11/2009

3.0

Wonderful, very pleased, would recommend to others.

Sent on 07/13/2009

Melissa · Married on 05/22/2009

2.5
      3.5

They were great- but while we were preparing for our wedding they changed managers 5 times!!! I had to work with 5 different people!

Sent on 11/28/2009

Jeanne · Married on 11/18/2007

2.4
      1.5
      2.0

The staff at the country club on the day of the wedding did a great job to accommodate us. They made the day flow smoothly. Anything I asked of them they were quick to take care of for me. The planning process was made fairly easy as well by Eva who is the wedding coordinator at the club. She was quick to help us place our deposit and save our date. They weren't however flexible on the date we first choose. They usually have more than one event happening at the same time. I sometimes found it difficult to get a hold of Eva by phone. I usually would receive a response from her by email a day or two later. My biggest complaint about the club was the food. You are not allowed to bring any outside food or drink into the club. We did do a food tasting after we had already given our deposit. We were not happy at all with the prime rib. It tasted like a pot roast. We made this feeling well know to both Eva and the cook. They assured us it would not be like that the day of the event. IT WAS WORSE!!! I couldn't even cut through my prime rib. I ate a few bites but it just made my jaw hurt. I didn't even eat on my wedding day. We called and talked with Eva the next day about the issue and she wasn't helpful. She said there was really nothing she could do. We weren't asking her to fix it at that point but just wanted her to be aware of the fact that we were disappionted. The day was great but I just expected better dinner from them.

Sent on 12/06/2007

Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate's reply:

Hi Jeanne,

I'm the semi-new wedding coordinator at the country club. On behalf of the country club, I apologize about your food on your wedding day. Eva is no longer working with us and it has been that way since the beginning of this year. We underwent a new management/ownership change in August of 2009 and that is about the time when I came on board. I take your review very seriously and I just want to let you know that we are going through improvements throughout the whole country club. As you can see by the reviews posted after you, we try to keep our brides happy! =)

Another issue you had brought up on your review was how we weren't flexible on the date you first choose. I'm not too sure what you meant by that. We try to be as accommodating as possible to clients and the only reason there wouldn't be flexibility is if there had been another event booked on the date that you had first requested.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to change your impression about your wedding day. I would hate for you to think and rate our venue as a 2.5/5 stars when there are great exciting new changes that are happening since the end of last year.