Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate Reviews

86 | San Diego, CA

86 Reviews for Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate

Robyn · Married on 08/19/2017

Our wedding dreams began 2 years ago when we booked Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club as our venue. Not only did it perfectly fit my vision for a Gatsby wedding I also felt so excited to begin the planning process knowing I would have Talissa (the event manager) as my coordinator and right hand through-out the entire process. For two years she was there every step of the way. I was very eager to get my planning started and as premature as my questions and worries were she always was there to calm me down and give her valued opinion. As the big day grew closer my questions for Talissa got more and more frequent. As busy as she is she always was there for me as though she was my maid of honor and best friend, never making me feel like she was bothered or pushing to add to the total of my wedding. She has so many great vendor recommendations and decor ideas that were so helpful. The venue it's self is simply stunning but having someone who knows how the well oiled machine operates at his highest potential was incomparable to any other wedding assistance I could have found. When the big day came I was so relaxed knowing Talissa understood my vision and felt as though she was an extra bridesmaid to add to my squad. The attentiveness of the staff and beauty of this venue is priceless I recommend it to ANY and EVERYONE!!

Tracy · Married on 03/11/2017

Words can’t describe how amazing CMRCC’s team was for our wedding, but I’m going to give it my very best. Long story short, if I could plan our wedding all over again we would go with CMRCC 100% and recommend it to everyone we know!
    Food: most common comment from guests “that was the best wedding food that I have ever had in my life, and that includes my own wedding!” We had a beef, salmon, and mushroom entrée with the shrimp and tomato hors devours. The chef snuck our sweet heart table extra entrees and the staff made sure to bring out the hors devours to me while I was taking photos. Perfect rating on both food, service, and value. We had an open bar, which many of our guests commented was extremely generous with their pours.
    Ceremony Area: It is stunning with a lovely gazebo. Everything was set up for us so we didn’t have to lift a finger.
    Reception Area: even more stunning than the ceremony, the reception room floods with gorgeous lights, huge windows, and perfectly placed chandeliers. It’s so gorgeous, that no décor is needed at all. It seated our 100 guests comfortably with a dance floor in the middle.
    Coordination: Nicole Manalo is the QUEEN of event planning. Before the wedding day she kept my entire vendor team on the same page and emailed me all the time to keep me on task. Any time I needed a second opinion, she was there. She event coordinated everything while having a baby! How amazingly dedicated can someone be! We eventually hired her to be our day of coordination and she had the timeline under wraps and corralled everyone very well. Our wedding was so very smooth thanks to Nicole’s fantastic coordination skill and experience.

steven · Married on 10/01/2016

Our daughter was married at CMRCC October 1, 2016. A HUGE and RELAXING success, as noted by all who attended (85 adults, 5 kids who probably had more fun than anyone). Wow! A great time planning a wedding? Check. Nicole Manalo, our in-house planner, wonderfully helpful from beginning to the wedding day? Check. Every one of their suggested vendors AMAZING—Moments in Bloom, Zelo Photography, Battleson Entertainment (Gus). Spectacular garden to have the ceremony? Check. Warm, beautiful and professionally maintained and run reception area? Check. A little room for babysitter and kids? Check. A private room for the bride and her party with champagne? Check. Delicious food, served impeccably? Check. Belly bars outside with pretty string lights? Check. Excellent support of, and contact, with all vendors? Check. BEST wedding experience EVER, from beginning to end. Thanks so much. Almost wish we could do it all over again. Will be enjoying memories for many years to come.

ankita · Married on 07/18/2016

Nicole from Carmel was amazing to work with. We planned a destination wedding in San Diego from Chicago and were recommended to Nicole by another vendor. We had our ceremony and reception at Carmel. The outside gazebo area is beautiful and in sunny San Diego you can't go wrong with an outdoor wedding. We needed minimal decor to vamp up the gazebo. The inside reception area was perfect for our 70 person wedding. We upgraded to gold and ivory chivary chairs and added fancy linens and this transformed the inside venue. It looked so elegant with the large windows and gold chandeliers. I love that it didn't look like a typical hall but instead it was so elegant and classy. And the views around the venue were stunning.

Like I said, Nicole was wonderful to wrong with. She gave me a quote right away, which by the way this place is SO reasonably priced for what you get, and after that all communications with her were just easy. It was like texting a friend.

What I most appreciated was her service the day-of. We hired her as our day-of coordinator and I don't know how we would have managed without her. She made sure all points of the day started on time which is a really big deal. She even made a McDonalds run for our little cousin who had dietary restrictions. She was like our fairy godmother during the day of :)

Thank you so much to Carmel and Nicole for making our wedding perfect!

Katie · Married on 06/25/2016

The PERFECT wedding venue! It has it all, beautiful landscaping, amazing views, elegant details and outstanding service!
    Talissa was our coordinator and we couldn't have pulled off a more perfect day without her and the rest of the CMRCC staff. We booked the venue a year in advance to lock in our June date. She kept in contact throughout that time and walked us through every step of the planning process. She used her extensive wedding planning experience to help us pull together all of the details at the end. We have been overwhelmed with compliments from our guests on how beautiful and flawless the wedding was and would definitely recommend this venue to everyone!!

Rhonda · Married on 05/29/2016

I had the great pleasure of working with Nicole Manalo, both in her capacity as the Director of Sales & Catering at the Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club (CMRCC), and as the Day of Coordinator for my son and daughter-in-law’s recent wedding at CMRCC. I found Nicole to be very professional, accessible, accommodating and genuinely devoted to providing the most beautiful and memorable wedding experience any bride and groom could desire. It was clear from the beginning that Nicole takes her job very seriously and that she is highly competent. For these and other reasons, she was an easy choice for role of DOC – absolutely no need to look outside the venue! On wedding day, Nicole was the first one there and last one to leave. She executed the couple’s vision and the timeline meticulously, while also allowing room for flexibility as needed. Nicole’s drive, passion and commitment to her profession greatly contributed to the absolutely, beautiful and magical wedding event that unfolded. The couple’s guests were so impressed by the beautiful venue (inside and out). We could not have pulled it all together without Nicole’s assistance and for that we will be eternally grateful. I HIGHLY recommend Nicole and the CMRCC and encourage couples looking for a wedding venue/DOC not to sign any contract without first exploring these options. I can assure you, you will NOT be disappointed if you are fortunate enough to book this venue and Nicole as your DOC!

Valerie · Married on 05/14/2016

Working with Nicole was an absolute dream! She made sure that you were 100% taken care of before, during and after the wedding. She was so on top of everything and extremely professional.

Natasha · Married on 04/16/2016

Having our wedding at the Carmel Mountain Ranch country club was an absolute fairytale! The second we walked into this venue we knew we had found the perfect place to create a soft and romantic feel for our wedding. The ceremony site with the gazebo is absolutely stunning especially with the walkway that leads up to the ceremony site. When you walk into the reception room, the windows and chandeliers are the first thing you notice! The room is absolutely breathtaking and requires very little decoration to really give your wedding a romantic touch. Nicole Manalo was our wedding Cordinator for the day and this was one of the best decisions! Since she works at the venue she knows all the ins and outs to begin with PLUS she is so organized that it made our day run seamlessly. I would recommend this venue to any bride and groom :-)

I shot a wedding here and they did an amazing job managing the venue. Talissa had every detail handled and managed to keep us actually ON schedule, which is a rarity at weddings. She even made special arrangements to get some shots the bride and groom wanted. Everything was handled so smoothly, no one was stressing the whole night and the wedding party had a blast. I've been to a LOT of weddings, and this was one of the best venues and planning teams I've worked with, by far.

Bill · Married on 10/10/2015

It's not often I get a chance to write a review for the partners I work with to serve couples on their wedding day. But CMR is so amazing I can't not pass this on. They treat couples right and sincerely want the best experience for their couples. Nicole and Talisa treat every bride like they are sisters! They expect all of us (other wedding vendors) to provide exceptional service or we would not be there. Words can't describe the level of service they provide. This place should be at the top of your list!
    Pastor Bill Yaccino
    www.pastorbill.org

Sent on 02/23/2015

Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate's reply:

Thanks for your kind words, Pastor Bill! We love having you as one of our preferred vendors and thank you for everything you do for CMRCC.
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 08/01/2015

We had our reception here and it was perfect. Talissa Arcangeli was our event planner and she and the team executed everything beautifully! Ours was a subtle Disney theme and it couldn't have been more awesome :D Thank you guys!

Alyson · Married on 07/25/2015

I am so happy that we went with CMRCC for our wedding venue. It was such beautiful setting. Nicole was our wedding coordinator and she really made everything run so smooth which allowed my husband and I to just enjoy the day of festivities. The price was definitely comparable to other venue locations but it felt like the right size and style for the wedding that we wanted. The venue has beautiful spots to take photos at both outside and in. I also was really happy with the layout of the venue that allowed the event to flow from the beautiful garden ceremony location to courtyard cocktail hour and then inside for the reception. I really loved that it didn't feel like a typical banquet hall and that it was so open and beautiful with the wrap around windows. We were so happy with how everything came together and were so grateful at how easy Nicole and CMRCC made the planning process. We both were able to just enjoy our wedding day without getting distracted by anything else. I would highly recommend CMRCC. Thank you Nicole for helping provide us with our dream wedding!

Alyson · Married on 05/31/2015

Carmel Mountain is an amazing place to get married!! Nicole was our day-of coordinator and she did a spectacular job in making sure that every detail of the day was taking care of while helping keep our wedding low-key. We planned a San Diego wedding from Kansas and I'm pretty sure that nothing would have gotten accomplished if it wasn't for her. The day itself was an absolutely gorgeous Sunday morning and we had our ceremony outside in the garden and a lunch reception indoors with the light coming through all of those beautiful windows. The chef easily accommodated dietary needs (vegan/vegetarian/gluten-free) and even let our family members come do the taste testing when we couldn't make it to California on short notice! Speaking of the food - it was delicious! And not just "good for a wedding venue" - it was actually really good! We could not have asked for a better day and cannot thank Nicole and the rest of the Carmel Mountain staff enough for helping make our wedding day so unforgettable.

Amy · Married on 04/25/2015

This is a hidden gem! The venue is absolutely stunning, the food delicious, and the service top notch!

When my now husband and I were first planning our wedding we wanted to have it in my parents back yard, but when we settled on January for the date we became a little uneasy about having the reception outside (with good reason now since we got 6 inches of snow in Murrieta just days before the wedding). We were thrilled when we found CMRCC because it offered the intimate feel of being in a backyard, but also the openness we wanted, with the huge panoramic windows overlooking the golf course and mountains. We were also pretty excited to find that an indoor reception didn't mean we would have dated carpet, dim lighting, and low ceilings.

We worked with Talissa who was simply amazing. She anticipated every one of our needs and stuck to our plan and vision seamlessly. She was so helpful and sweet throughout the entire planning process, making sure things were going smoothly and answering every question I had about every little detail. On the day of she kept everything calm and running smoothly. She kept us on time without getting anyone stressed out. She was very conscious of our needs and really made sure we had everything we wanted that day, from our favorite drinks to a favorite photo.

CMRCC was a lifesaver for me as I was planning the wedding from across the country. The food, drinks, tables, linens, cake, etc. were all included in the price. At first this scared me--not being able to have options--but CMRCC offered several different packages with several menu options that were all absolutely delicious. Our guests were raving about the food all night. The bakery that they partner with is also amazing (ask for the buttercream frosting!) They also recommended our DJ to us (Bruce Battleson) who was the best DJ ever.

Carmel Mountain Country Club is an amazing venue and I cannot imagine having my wedding anywhere else.

I recently held my wedding ceremony and reception at CMRCC and it was a beautiful venue with a gazebo and an east coast feel. Also the people working there are outstanding, including our day of planner Nicole Manalo who is organized, professional, and incredibly helpful and sweet. The food was better than expected and the venue as a whole offered a fantastic deal for a winter wedding that doesn't break the bank too much. All in all a great experience and I would recommend this place to any bride and groom.

After an exhausting search for the perfect venue in San Diego, we were so excited to find Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club. The venue had everything we were looking for, specifically, we were really excited about the gorgeous inside reception room- many other venues offered generic, conference room spaces- so we were happy to find an indoor space that offered such beautiful views.

Additionally, my husband and I were blown away by the incredible customer service we received. We worked with Talissa who was absolutely amazing at anticipating our every need. She was able to provide thoughtful recommendations throughout the planning process and kept the whole day and evening right on track. Our guests were actually quite surprised that ours was one of the first weddings they attended that actually started ON TIME!

We are so thankful to CRMCC for providing such an amazing setting for the BEST DAY of our lives. We had such a blast and would highly recommend them to future Brides & Grooms!

Annette · Married on 10/17/2014

Choosing the Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club was amazing! They made my dream wedding come true! I had a month long engagement and I needed a venue that would fit my vision, be flexible, and accommodate our short notice needs. This venue went above and beyond in attention to detail and quality of service. Working with Nicole and Daniel was great! Nicole is very professional and on-top-of-it. Daniel is easy to work with and accommodating. Wow! I could not have imagined a better wedding myself. Everything was beautiful and magical. I COULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS VENUE MORE! Gorgeous venue! Great service! Wonderful wedding!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the country club and thank you so much for your kind words. You were a wonderful bride and we enjoyed working with you as well! Congratulations again!

We had our wedding at Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club with Nicole as our day of wedding coordinator. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Nicole, the venue and the entire staff. I fell in love with venue and then everything else was wonderful! Nicole and her staff made everything seamless! If there were problems, I had no idea they were happening. Nicole and her staff were polite and friendly, but also kept things organized and timely. When my mother was struggling to bustle my dress properly and I was getting a little frazzled, Nicole was calm, collected and made sure the kitchen and DJ altered the schedule to accommodate the mishap. The venue was beautiful and the food was amazing! (Who knew that they could make it that good when serving over 100 people all at the same time!) Also, we used a lot of Nicole's preferred vendors and they were amazing. She has great taste and excellent execution. My wedding day was absolutely more than I could have dreamed! Thank you Nicole and CMRCC!!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it! So happy to hear the wedding went seamless for you and you enjoyed your time here.

J · Married on 09/20/2014

This place was fabulous! The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and the venue was beautiful! Nicole, our coordinator was professional, flexible, and made everything happen according to schedule. Her attention to detail was incredible. She put all the pieces together and turned stressful times into moments of action. The venue and Nicole were unmatchable!

Sent on 10/05/2014

Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us! This means so much to us and we really appreciate it. We are so happy you enjoyed your time here and thank you for your kind words about Nicole!

Our July wedding was absolutely perfect!!!! Take a look at the Carmel Mountain Ranch Blog to get an idea of what you will be getting. We were on it all the time getting ideas and inspiration! The gazebo was gorgeous, the venue was gorgeous, the food was amazing (We have guests going back to the restaurant because they loved the filet mignon so much, we could cut the steak with a butter knife!), and the customer service was exceptional. We customized everything, and they made it all happen! I hired Nicole as my day of wedding planner, and because of her I did not stress one moment. She and her team set up my decorations perfectly, and went above and beyond while providing us with some of our insane requests, and every step of the way they did it with a smile on their face!:D I actually keep getting comments on how smoothly the wedding went! I didn't even know that was a thing! Thanks for helping us have the wedding of our dreams Nicole!!!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for this incredible review! We really appreciate you taking the time to write such nice things about our venue and Nicole! Congratulations again and thank you so much for choosing CMRCC for your wedding day!

Monica · Married on 01/25/2014

From the moment we stepped into the club house, my husband and I decided to cancel our appointments with other venues. CMRCC is beautiful; French windows, elegant chandeliers, picturesque views, and hardword floors. With the winter wedding special that was being promoted at the time, we hit the wedding venue jackpot! And let's not forget about the amazing staff! Planning a San Diego wedding from Las Vegas (where we lived at the time) through email was so easy thanks to Nicole Manalo and Lindsey Morales! I would highly recommend Nicole as your day-of coordinator. She did an incredible job of making sure everything ran smoothly and really helped me throughout the whole planning process. This really is a "one stop shop" for most of your wedding needs.
    Ok, we gotta talk about the food! The package we selected included a cake from Edelweiss Bakery and it was as beautiful as it was delicous. As our entree options we selected grilled beef tenderloin with merlot mushroom sauce, pan roasted chicken provencal, and grilled salmon with a caramelized onion cream sauce (yes, my mouth is watering as I write this). Every single item served was superb. Our friends are still talking about how wonderful dinner was!
    My husband and I were so very happy with our choice of CMRCC as our venue!
    Thank you Nicole, Lindsey, Daniel, and the whole crew at CMRCC for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We really appreciate you taking the time to review the venue and our staff. Thank you so much for your kind words :)

We just recently were married at the Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club and we are extremely pleased with the service provided and with the venue. The site is beautiful with high ceilings and beautiful chandeliers and many spots for great pictures. We also liked that we could have the ceremony outside and the reception inside at the same place- which is nice for guests. The other sites we looked at were very sport banquet like and this site has a very antique and classy feel. I worked with two different coordinators- Kim and Lindsey. I worked with Kim initially and she was very accommodating to our needs and our budget. We were able to modify their packages to fit our budget and our guest's dietary needs. After Kim, we worked with Lindsey and she was excellent. Lindsey met with us numerous times to go over details of the day, our special requests, and timelines. We did the coordinator for a day and we were very happy that we did. All of our décor was set up and taken down by the staff, Lindsey kept us on time, and everything we planned was achieved. Lindsey also was always available by email and to meet with us. We definitely would not have our wedding anywhere else. My only request would be a bigger projector screen and a laptop to show slideshows on, other than that it was perfect! :)

Sent on 11/13/2013

Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate's reply:

Thank you so much for this fantastic review and your feedback to improve our services for our future brides! I genuinely appreciated having the opportunity to coordinate your special day and loved how organized you were throughout the planning process! All of the DIY decorations were fabulous and I loved working with your family as well. I hope everyone enjoyed your wedding as much as our staff enjoyed serving you! Enjoy newlywed life and we hope to host more events for you in the future!

Maribeth · Married on 11/03/2013

Wonderful wedding venue!!!! Was such a pleasure to work with everyone at the county club. Lindsey was AMAZING!!!! She really made the whole wedding planning a lot less stressful than it could of been. It was a beautiful venue, everyone was wonderful and all of our guests were amazed with our special day!!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Carmel Mountain Ranch Estate's reply:

Thank you for this review Maribeth! It was such a pleasure working with you and Dave through the wedding planning process. I still can't get over how cute and clever all of your fall themed decorations were... and your caricature artist was a big hit!