122 Reviews for 173 Carlyle House

Lighting (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)

We had a wonderful experience having our daughter's reception at 173 Carlyle House. We fell in love with the venue the minute walked in the door. Gerise was great to work with and always so helpful. The Carlyle House is beautiful and the food was excellent! We chose the chicken piccata and salmon and our guest couldn't stop talking about how delicious the food tasted. It was a fun evening celebrating with our family and friends.
Z. Trocano

Profile Picture Zulema, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Carlyle House was a great venue to host our small engagement party. Gerise was very easy to work with and she was very patient with any changes or requests we had. All our guests loved the food and the venue!!

Profile Picture Roshni, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We decided on Carlyle House after our original venue abruptly shut down and stole our money (in addition to about 10 other couples money also). We decided on Carylye House because the venue was beautiful, it would accommodate our wedding and reception and Gerise's Professionalism. We told her what happened with our original venue and she went above and beyond to ensure a positive, memorable experience at Carlyle House. For instance, she told the bride and groom at the wedding that took place the day before ours, what happened to us with the old venue. The bride and groom donated their centerpieces! Gerise made sure our wedding day was perfect and it was. The food was delicious. Our wedding guests are still raving about the mash potato bar. Gerise made sure our wedding day was a dream, we are so appreciative of everything she did for us. Even though we decided on Carylye House under stressful circumstances, we are glad that we had our wedding and reception there.

Profile Picture Ayana, 4/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Carlyle House is WONDERFUL! I could not have asked for a better venue or staff. They were a dream to work with.

We had more than our fair share of weather-woes and Gerise was patient, helpful and responsive throughout all of it. She helped us come up with multiple "plan B" options and it turned out beautifully!

Profile Picture Kelsea, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is beautiful! The service and professionalism was excellent! The food was delicious! It was a joy working with Gerise!

Profile Picture Mishael, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Shortly after I got engaged, I toured a good number of venues in the Atlanta area, and the Carlyle House & their staff surpassed all others from the start! The pressure and limitations that other venues put on you is non-existent at the Carlyle House. The Carlyle House helped me plan out every detail of our wedding and was so flexible and easy to work with. Being a bride without a wedding planner, there is so much that you are unaware of going into the planning process. Gerise at the Carlyle House helped with everything from creating a timeline to picking out the right DJ, Florist, Hotel, and Limo company for us. When our wedding day came around, it was an absolute dream. The staff made sure everything went smoothly and truly exceeded all expectations I ever had. The staff is exceptional, the food is so delicious, and the venue is truly stunning. My friends and family were truly amazed by our reception and could not stop complimenting it. The Carlyle House and their staff was a joy to work with and I would never have dreamt of using any other venue for our big day!

Profile Picture Stanton, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access

We cannot say enough about how awesome the Carlyle house is! We got so many compliments on the staff, food, and overall experience! We had a blast and Gerise is so helpful throughout the whole process. I highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a stress free and personalized wedding. They will take care of you!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I chose the Carlyle House early in our planning based on the size of our wedding and the layout/look of the venue and never doubted my decision! Gerise made all of the details easy leading up to the wedding and our day of manager Oli was a dream! She kept everything in perfect order and we had the exact wedding we were hoping for. I could not recommend the 173 Carlyle House more for your event.

Profile Picture Megan, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding here this past weekend, and it was absolutely perfect. Everyone warned me that no one has a perfect wedding and little details are bound to go wrong, but our ceremony and reception truly were perfect thanks to 173 Carlyle House. The venue itself can be very personal with plenty of space for decor and picture frames to give your event whatever look you want. There also were gorgeous places at the venue, downtown, and at the park nearby for our wedding photos and video. Everyone loved the southern food prepared by Chef William Janousek, and the acoustic guitar groom's cake turned out perfect. Gerise, the venue coordinator, assisted us throughout the entire planning process to ensure it was perfect. Because Carlyle House took care of everything for us we were able to relax and enjoy the wedding with our guests with nothing to do! We cannot say thank you to 173 Carlyle House enough for our perfect fairytale wedding!

Profile Picture Caylor, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We wanted our daughter to have the fairytale wedding she dreamed of. Fortunately, we decided to have the wedding and the reception at the 173 Carlyle House in historic Norcross and we are very happy to say that everything went perfectly!

The wedding ceremony was held on the Carlyle House’s beautiful, outdoor space where there are lots of large gorgeous trees and green space, along with a flat patio area for the wedding guests and the wedding party. The service was so lovely and then we moved indoors to the chandelier filled, beautiful, spacious rooms inside. The bridal room, the dining area, the dance floor, the set-up for the DJ…everything has been so well planned out!

The service was perfect and always very professional! The food was absolutely delicious and looked as fantastic as it tasted! Chef Janousek prepared a perfect wedding meal and the cakes were perfect and tasted awesome! The quality of the food was outstanding -- everything was prepared perfectly! The food experience was another highlight of using this venue -- it tasted just like a 4-star restaurant and our guests raved about how delicious everything was!

We especially want to mention the awesome Event Specialist Gerise Janousek. Gerise was a consummate professional, helping with the plans every step of the way and providing expert advice for everything involving the wedding. Things went so smoothly because of her incredible hard work and professionalism down to the smallest of details! The florist Maria and the DJ that Gerise recommended were awesome too! My husband and I were so relieved that Gerise was there every step of the way to patiently guide us and to make sure our daughter’s dream - a perfect, fairytale wedding came true! We are so happy for the happy couple and we are so happy we can so very highly recommend 173 Carlyle House!

Profile Picture Lauri, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough good things about the Carlyle House. We just had our third major family event at their location and it never disappoints. We strongly recommend any type of event at the Carlyle House. Gerise is awesome and willing to work with you in any way. The food is delicious and the house is quaint, classy and warm. All my guests couldn't say enough nice things about the evening. Thank you once again for a job well done.
Lauren

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Gerise and her staff are amazing!!! We had my son's wedding reception at the Carlyle House on a rainy Saturday in July and it could not have been more perfect! From the air-conditioned tent, to the beautifully decorated venue, to the courteous and always professional staff, the Carlyle House was above and beyond anything we expected ( and we expected a LOT!!) I recommend this venue for any event!

Profile Picture Terry, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had the perfect reception at the Carlyle House! I could not have imagined a more perfect venue with great service and friendly staff!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Carlyle House was truly wonderful in every possible way. After visiting a few different venues, I walked away from The Carlyle House and cancelled all of my future venue appointments. The Carlyle House and the surrounding grounds are beautiful. There are a ton of different spaces to utilize, which provided amazing areas to guests to celebrate in at my wedding- quaint, elegant, charming rooms inside the house, a spacious, luxurious, and beautiful ballroom, wrap around porches with rocking chairs and tables, courtyard for both the ceremony as well as outdoor seating during the reception, and gorgeous grounds, full of trees and flowers- perfect for pictures. Gerise, the venue coordinator, is like "the cool aunt" you always wanted. She makes you feel like family. Gerise was quick to respond to my inquiries, inviting and welcoming, attentive to my needs, always gracious with her time, always offering to meet in person, and extremely reassuring. She was truly such a fun blessing- she made the planning and coordinating a seamless and stress free process! The food was INCREDIBLE... seriously, wedding food is never that good. All of my guests were raving about the food, service, and venue spaces! The Carlyle House was also EXTREMELY AFFORDABLE! The Carlyle House made me feel like I was the only bride in the world and were such a joy and comfort to work with!

Profile Picture Natalie, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Carlyle house was great! Gerise was so great to work with and always so quick to respond. Thank you for making my dream wedding come true!

Profile Picture Courtney, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot begin to explain how helpful Gerise was at the Carlyle House. Any question I had was answered promptly and precisely. Any anxiety I may have had was quickly melted away knowing I was in good hands. The actual day of, the wedding went smoothly, and each specific task, from the catering, to the chuppah, was well handled so I didn't have to stress. I would more than recommend having a wedding at the Carlyle House.

Profile Picture Eh-den , 3/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

If you can book your wedding here, do it. This is an amazing venue. It's beautiful inside and out. The food is great - cooked on site with fresh ingredients. Our guests raved about the food and decor, We had both the ceremony and reception here - the ceremony room is quickly turned into the reception room while guests have cocktails and hors d' oeuvres in a different part of the charming old house. Flawless transitions. You can also personalize the mantlepieces, etc.. Gerise, the venue coordinator, works with you to keep within your budget and she is incredibly patient, kind and helpful with all pre-wedding questions. When our daughter's wedding ended up being scheduled during a January ice storm weekend Gerise went way above and beyond to help us make the wedding happen. She let us switch the wedding start time and she promised to get her staff there even if she had to drive around the city in a 4 wheel drive to pick them up. She did get folks there, and so did we. Once there, we needed to make adjustments because some guests could not attend. Again, she worked with us. The wedding went off flawlessly - no one would ever imagine the numerous emails, calls and back and forth coordination between me and Gerise. At every turn, she was professional, accommodating, and creative as we tried to cope with ever changing weather predictions. This is a family run venue, not a corporate one. A family business allows for a level of flexibility and compassion that corporate enterprises do not have. Seriously, if this venue is available for your date, stop your search, It's an amazing place to have a beautiful wedding while working with really professional and dedicated folks who will try to make the entire experience as stress free, beautiful and fun as possible.

Profile Picture Andi, 1/7/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

This location has it all. It is not far from Atlanta airport for out of town guests. It has the Forum for Shopping and Dining. The food was amazing. Gerise and her staff work so hard to make sure everything goes as planned all the while making all guests feel welcome and at home. The venue is so charming, warm and overall feeling of JOY. Just a lovely place for a very special day.

Profile Picture susan, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

The venue is very organized and helpful. As a person who had no clue what I was doing. They did there best to explain options. And answer any question we had. Even though I've never dreamed I would ever have a wedding. They help create a really special day. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was wonderful.

Profile Picture Marcy, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gerise is SO easy to work with, and she made the process simple and smooth. I worried about nothing the day of my wedding, and was happy as happy can be. The decorations were perfect, the house adds the best southern charm/atmosphere, and the food was delicious. Some of the words our guests used to describe it were: elegant, lovely, classic/classy, and perfect!.

Profile Picture Maggie, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer

Visit the Carlyle House and talk to Gerise, the event planner. Read the reviews of previous clients. We highly recommend the Carlyle House. We had an excellent experience having our wedding at this venue.

Profile Picture User6862062, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

It is hard to know where to start in recommending 173 Carlyle House. There are too many wonderful things I could say. It is such a great blend of a vintage, older home feel but also has a nice sized ballroom with beautiful crystal chandeliers, hardwood floors, and chiavari chairs. Having the wedding on a May evening also afforded us the opportunity to rent a large tent where we had after dinner dancing. We opted for a southern menu including a delicious biscuit bar and they were so accommodating to incorporate our menu. We were also able to bring in some of our own personal treasure to decorate the four mantels and a bookcase in the old house. Many guests enjoyed the rocking chairs and the cocktail tables set up on the porch, especially during the cocktail hour. The overall atmosphere was exactly what my daughter had described as her vision for her wedding. But those are the basics. What really made the experience so enjoyable in the planning aspect was the event coordinator, Gerise Janousek. She was so calm, so easy going, so quick to respond to any (and all!) questions, and just so nice and accommodating to our needs AND wants. It is with great pleasure and wonderful memories that I highly recommend 173 Carlyle House!

Profile Picture Keigh, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

They made the wedding planning process virtually stress free. Gerise was so helpful and responsive. I am so thankful that we chose to have our wedding at The Carlyle House.

Profile Picture User6378692, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Finding our wedding venue was definitely the most stressful vendor search for our wedding. There are so many gorgeous locations in Atlanta I quickly became overwhelmed by the options. Visiting the Carlyle House was like a breath of fresh air from the corporate, cookie cutter venues we had visited previously. We love the location, the bar and menu flexibility, the size of the space, and the openness and straightforwardness Gerise told us about their operation. They actually try to work with you on options that you'll feel most comfortable with from a budget stand point and from a creative stand point. Gerise is amazing at responding back to any questions we have right away and is so easy and uncomplicated to work with. We can't wait to get married here!

Profile Picture User4678288, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews