Carlton Oaks Golf Course Reviews

Carlton Oaks Golf Course 5
  • Icelee

Icelee · Married on 03/30/2019

Wonderful :)

There really are no words to describe just how wonderful our wedding was at Carlton Oaks. But! For the sake of reviewing, I can spare a few main points highlighting how awesome this place is. :)

My now-husband and I booked in March 2018, exactly 1 year before out March 30, 2019 wedding. We went in for a tour, and as soon as I saw the beautiful garden area where the ceremonies are typically held, I was sold immediately. Pictures really don't do the place justice, it was a perfect fit for our 150 guest garden wedding. Our reception area, the Crest Room, was great, too. It's an awesome blank canvas and can accommodate practically any vision you may have for your wedding theme.

Another wonderful thing about Carlton Oaks is that it's kind of a one-stop-shop type of place. I thought I would have to search extensively for a bunch of separate vendors, but this place has so much to offer, from ceremony/reception site, catering, day-of services, etc. On top of that, everyone (the staff, catering managers, coordinators, etc) was so kind and professional to work with, and the quality of the service we received was outstanding. From the day we booked, to our yummy tasting consultations, to the day of our wedding, everything far exceeded our expectations.

Finally, I can't conclude this without mentioning that Shannon (our main point of contact for our wedding and our day-of coordinator) is THE BEST! She was literally with us from the very start, and I honestly credit her for making our wedding as perfect as it was. She is a dream to work with, extremely attentive, accommodating, and will jump through hoops to make your wedding visions a reality. You can really see and feel how passionate she is about what she does, and that's exactly the type of person you want backing you up on your big day!

Sent on 05/10/2019
    Carlton Oaks Golf Course 6
    Carlton Oaks Golf Course 7
    Carlton Oaks Golf Course 8
    Carlton Oaks Golf Course 9
    Carlton Oaks Golf Course 10

Lauren · Married on 11/04/2017

I am so happy that we chose Carlton Oaks as our wedding venue. The ceremony site is beautiful and the Crest room was exactly what we were looking for for our reception. It's so convenient because everything is in one place, ceremony, reception, bridal suite and hotel rooms. We looked at so many other vendors and Carlton Oaks was the best value for what you get. I was a little worried when Yvette left about 5 months before our wedding, but Zandra took over as catering manager and she is amazing. She is very sweet and so easy to work. She made sure to answer all of our questions and always did her best to accommodate all of our requests. Even the little things, like having water and snacks waiting for us on the golf cart after our ceremony, really made the difference. Everyone also complimented the food we had for dinner, which was the tri tip and stuffed chicken with alfredo sauce. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding or event.

Sent on 11/21/2017

Sara · Married on 04/14/2017

Yvette at Carlton oaks and the preferred vendors she works with made my wedding day unforgettable. Not to mention, we pulled it all off within 2 months! We had 100guests and every single person had a blast! The food was actually very good, not like most wedding food that is forgettable! We had the Polynesian buffet and it was a hit! My husband and I felt from the beginning that this was the place for us, and we were so right. The ceremony was beautiful, the pictures had an amazing backdrop and the reception, a blast! I can't recommend them more to those who want a beautiful wedding and reception site with a coordinator,Yvette, and her vendors that not only stayed within our budget but made our dreams come true!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Lori Carlettini · Married on 12/03/2016

5.0 star rating 12/8/2016
    We are so overwhelmingly happy and blissful with the choice to let Carlton Oaks handle our wedding on December 3, 2016.
    The attention to detail was over the top wonderful.. The service, food and libations were so collectively well put together...
    The kindness and concern of the staff (for our needs) were met with respect and ease.
    From start to finish, the Oaks did a fabulous job..
    We are sooooo happy to hear from our guests, how wonderful the entire event was .....
    EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE ...
    Thank you so much Yvette.......
    Definitely be seeing you every year for our anniversary. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lori and Joe Geldert

Sent on 12/08/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2016

Carlton Oaks Country Club is a hidden gem just outside of San Diego. It was the perfect location for our big day.

First off, Yvette is great. She gets down to business and makes sure your wedding day happens exactly like you wanted. We also hired her as our day of coordinator which was one of the best decisions we could make. On my wedding day, I knew there was nothing to worry about and that Yvette was there for absolutely anything I needed.

The venue is fantastic. Your ceremony, reception and hotel for the guests is all within a one minute walk. The ceremony site was beautiful. The ceremony site is beautiful. It has the perfect amount of light, shade and greenery. It was beautiful for pictures, and fit all our guests perfectly. Then all our guests had to do is take a few steps over to the patio and the Crest Room for cocktail hour. The golf course was a beautiful backdrop for all the pictures that were taken. Yvette made sure at this point, when we were headed out to take our pictures, that we had a drink and snack waiting!

Last, the reception was great. The Crest Room is a beautiful and with the linens, tables and decorations all set up, it really took it to the next level. We had the best night ever!!!! One of the best things for our guests, was at the end of the wedding, they only had to walk a few steps and they were back to their rooms.

All in all, I highly recommend Carlton Oaks, it is beautiful, well priced, and overall a great choice for your big day.

Sent on 01/14/2017

Jo · event on 09/10/2016

We held our 40th High School Reunion at Carlton Oaks and the experience was excellent from the very beginning to the day of the event. Everything went exactly as planned. Yvette was extremely helpful and accommodating. We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 09/15/2016
  • User7197771 · event on 09/03/2016

This event was a 60th wedding anniversary for our parents. The staff was great. There was clear communication all through the process. On the day of the event everything was set up as described and the staff was very accommodating to our requests. Our guests loved the view overlooking the gold course. The food was delicious. We would use this venue again.

Sent on 09/13/2016
  • Y

Yoshiko · Married on 08/27/2016

I would suggest hiring Yvette for the day of coordinator. She is very professional and personable and really made our wedding as stress free as possible. The venue is amazing and the ceremony site is pretty private and nicely landscaped and shaded. All of our guests complimented on how good the food and service was. We truly can't thank Yvett and the Carleton Oaks staff enough for making our wedding day so perfect.

Sent on 09/10/2016

Shelley · Married on 08/19/2016

This venue was amazing! The grounds for the outdoor ceremony were beautiful and great for pictures. The reception hall is roomy and charming. With the bonus of having the outdoor lounge area and fire pit as well, our guests could relax outside and still hear the music and see the festivities. And the food was delicious! The wedding coordinator Yvette was very professional and helped us have the wedding of our dreams. She kept the pace going and handled any issues that came up immediately. I highly recommend Carlton Oaks for any event!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Yvette and all her staff were amazing. A beautiful place to have any kind of event.

Sent on 07/07/2016

I can not say enough about how great this venue is!!!!!! Carlton Oaks is a hidden gem in Santee. They worked with our budget to give us a wedding we could afford that was beautiful and elegant. We used Yvette as our day-of coordinator and I am SO HAPPY I did that. With her in charge of everything on the wedding day, I didn't have to worry about anything but enjoying our day. We had a lot of out-of-town guests that stayed on the property and they were all very pleased with the rooms and accommodations. The property recently renovated the rooms and they are the best you will find in East County.

This venue has a huge advantage of offering ceremony site, reception site, beautiful photography opportunities, delicious food options, full bar, overnight accommodations, rehearsal dinner options, professional staff all in one place. Choosing a wedding venue was the most stressful part of wedding planning, and I'm SO GLAD I found Carlton Oaks.

Sent on 05/04/2016
  • User5383525 · event on 08/22/2015

I was planning the event from Phoenix. Yvette was wonderful to work with. Very responsive and quick to get back to me. Everything was done very professionally. I thank her and Justin (our server) for their excellent service.

Sent on 08/26/2015

raquel · Married on 05/09/2015

Very friendly love working with the wedding planner. She knew everything I needed. I am 16 weeks pregnant and could not do much because I was not feeling good and she took in charge and I didn't feel stressed at all.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Caroline · Married on 04/20/2015

My husband and I live out of town and met with the Wedding Planner for Carlton Oaks Country Club Yvette Lynch. I should mention that we only got engaged on 02/15/15 and our wedding was set for 04/20/15 barely 2 months away! We ended up choosing to get married on a Monday because room rental and catering prices were discounted. We communicated via phone calls and emails and I was finally able to go down to San Diego and meet with her in person at the end of March. She was extremely helpful and patient with my family answering any and all questions. She gave suggestions on where I might be able to cut costs and save money. The Crest Room is absolutely beautiful. It has a full bar that is permanently set up and the entire room has wood flooring essentially making the entire room a dance floor. The room has a room of windows that look out onto the golf course and patio. The room rental fee includes use of the patio area. It was perfect for the cigar bar my husband wanted to have. The patio also has a fire pit and furniture. If guests wanted to cool off, smoke a cigar or simply sit and visit they headed outside. Another reason to have your reception at the Carlton Oaks Country Club is not only the Best Wedding Planner ever.. Yvette Lynch but it is also the Lodge. We rented a Suite for the girls in the wedding party. It included 2 bedrooms and a full size kitchen. It was great for the makeup artist and hair stylist. We had a lot of out of town guests who stayed at the Lodge and enjoyed a discounted rate. They could enjoy the reception and not have to worry about a DD or we didn’t have the expense of providing transportation to our wedding guest. They walked across the parking lot to their beautifully recently remodeled room. Most of the guest also took advantage of the member’s rate and played golf the morning of our wedding. Those that didn’t play golf enjoyed the beautiful pool. The morning after the wedding we all met at the clubhouse for an awesome breakfast.

Sent on 06/14/2015

Deb · event on 01/24/2015

Catering manager Yvette is amazing! We had a birthday party for 200 with a live band and themed 80's. She was so helpful in planning food and room layout and everything was perfect. She also recommended various vendors to help support the party! I would definitely recommend Carlton Oaks to everyone!

Sent on 01/27/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/25/2014

Our whole experience at Carlton Oaks was fantastic. Yvette walked us through all the details, provided a timeline to us and the DJ/Photographer and kept everything flowing. Her suggestions regarding food options were a hit with the guests and we all had a great time

Sent on 11/21/2014
  • User4408404 · event on 09/13/2014

Everything went perfectly.
    The vendor was flexible and easy to work with and everything was done as promised.

Sent on 09/18/2014

Henry · Married on 09/13/2014

Top flight across the board. No further feedback is required.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Jasmine · Married on 09/06/2014

We had our Wedding Ceremony and reception here on September 6, 2014. Everything was PERFECT. Yvette and Jessica are very professional and ensured that everything was taken care of. They are very helpful and respond to questions in a timely manner which was awesome.

The golf course is beautiful. The ceremony was held in the garden area. Although it was hot that day the shade provided by the surrounding trees definitely helped. The Crest room was big enough to accommodate our families. The food was FANTASTIC. We receive so many compliments on the quality of the food. They definitely do not skimp out on the portions.
    either
    I loved everything about the venue. The pricing was definitely affordable. Tax and gratuity inclusive. We did not have to pay for any "hidden costs". Only for additions to our contract, such as the extra reception hour.

Sent on 09/14/2014
  • F

Frankie · event on 09/05/2014

This was our 60th high school reunion, Sept. 5 2014. Everyone loved the food and we all were helped with anything we needed. All those that worked our event were courteous and attentive.

Yvette, I have never planned an event with anyone as helpful and courteous as you have been and I have been doing these reunions over the last 50 yrs. Thank you again for everything and have a wonderful wedding. I will try to be in touch with you at a later date to see how it all went.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Gloria · event on 08/09/2014

Yvette was very helpful in making our 40-year high school reunion event a success. The venue was perfect for our event, too. The only suggestion I have is that it would have been nice to have the kitchen available past 9:00 p.m. for an evening event. Otherwise, it was a great weekend.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Janine · Married on 06/21/2014

My husband and I just held our wedding here on June 21st and it could not have gone better thanks to Yvette and Carlton Oaks. First off, the venue is beautiful and the view of mountains in the distance with green hills is the perfect setting for a wedding. The venue offers one of the best values for an all inclusive venue (ceremony/reception site, tables/chairs, food, bar, staff). Yvette was great to communicate with, her and her assistant are very responsive to emails and go out of their way to deal with any special requests. We hired Yvette as our day-of coordinator, which was the BEST decision; if something went wrong I did not know about it, everything appeared to go off without a hitch. We chose to do a plated dinner (rather than buffet), which also went well and our guests enjoyed the food. The venue also offers a hotel on site, which has been recently renovated and is extremely valuable - another aspect our guests enjoyed/appreciated. We would definitely recommend Carlton Oaks as a wedding/event venue to anyone in the future!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Erin · Married on 04/04/2014

We just got married here and it was the best decision we've ever made-- everything was absolutely PERFECT! We hired Yvette as our day of coordinator and she was more than worth it!! She planned out our schedule for the day, helped our rehearsal run smoothly, and was just so fun and easy to work with. If you're debating it, DO IT! Since the wedding, we've received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was and how delicious and amazing the food was!! We can't say enough good things about Carlton Oaks. We're so, so happy we decided to have our wedding here...it was worth every penny!

Sent on 04/23/2014

stephanie · Married on 06/15/2013

This was the perfect venue for our wedding, they provided everything but the decor, cake, flowers, and photographer, at a very reasonable price. There are no hidden costs and it is simply gorgeous! The staff was very pleasant to work with. After reading other people's reviews I chose to hire Yvette as my "day of" coordinator, it was one of the best decisions I made!

Sent on 08/01/2013