Carlton Oaks Golf Course Reviews

42 | Santee, CA

42 Reviews for Carlton Oaks Golf Course

Lauren · Married on 11/04/2017

I am so happy that we chose Carlton Oaks as our wedding venue. The ceremony site is beautiful and the Crest room was exactly what we were looking for for our reception. It's so convenient because everything is in one place, ceremony, reception, bridal suite and hotel rooms. We looked at so many other vendors and Carlton Oaks was the best value for what you get. I was a little worried when Yvette left about 5 months before our wedding, but Zandra took over as catering manager and she is amazing. She is very sweet and so easy to work. She made sure to answer all of our questions and always did her best to accommodate all of our requests. Even the little things, like having water and snacks waiting for us on the golf cart after our ceremony, really made the difference. Everyone also complimented the food we had for dinner, which was the tri tip and stuffed chicken with alfredo sauce. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding or event.

Sara · Married on 04/14/2017

Yvette at Carlton oaks and the preferred vendors she works with made my wedding day unforgettable. Not to mention, we pulled it all off within 2 months! We had 100guests and every single person had a blast! The food was actually very good, not like most wedding food that is forgettable! We had the Polynesian buffet and it was a hit! My husband and I felt from the beginning that this was the place for us, and we were so right. The ceremony was beautiful, the pictures had an amazing backdrop and the reception, a blast! I can't recommend them more to those who want a beautiful wedding and reception site with a coordinator,Yvette, and her vendors that not only stayed within our budget but made our dreams come true!

Lori Carlettini · Married on 12/03/2016

5.0 star rating 12/8/2016
    We are so overwhelmingly happy and blissful with the choice to let Carlton Oaks handle our wedding on December 3, 2016.
    The attention to detail was over the top wonderful.. The service, food and libations were so collectively well put together...
    The kindness and concern of the staff (for our needs) were met with respect and ease.
    From start to finish, the Oaks did a fabulous job..
    We are sooooo happy to hear from our guests, how wonderful the entire event was .....
    EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE ...
    Thank you so much Yvette.......
    Definitely be seeing you every year for our anniversary. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lori and Joe Geldert

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2016

Carlton Oaks Country Club is a hidden gem just outside of San Diego. It was the perfect location for our big day.

First off, Yvette is great. She gets down to business and makes sure your wedding day happens exactly like you wanted. We also hired her as our day of coordinator which was one of the best decisions we could make. On my wedding day, I knew there was nothing to worry about and that Yvette was there for absolutely anything I needed.

The venue is fantastic. Your ceremony, reception and hotel for the guests is all within a one minute walk. The ceremony site was beautiful. The ceremony site is beautiful. It has the perfect amount of light, shade and greenery. It was beautiful for pictures, and fit all our guests perfectly. Then all our guests had to do is take a few steps over to the patio and the Crest Room for cocktail hour. The golf course was a beautiful backdrop for all the pictures that were taken. Yvette made sure at this point, when we were headed out to take our pictures, that we had a drink and snack waiting!

Last, the reception was great. The Crest Room is a beautiful and with the linens, tables and decorations all set up, it really took it to the next level. We had the best night ever!!!! One of the best things for our guests, was at the end of the wedding, they only had to walk a few steps and they were back to their rooms.

All in all, I highly recommend Carlton Oaks, it is beautiful, well priced, and overall a great choice for your big day.

• Y

Yoshiko · Married on 08/27/2016

I would suggest hiring Yvette for the day of coordinator. She is very professional and personable and really made our wedding as stress free as possible. The venue is amazing and the ceremony site is pretty private and nicely landscaped and shaded. All of our guests complimented on how good the food and service was. We truly can't thank Yvett and the Carleton Oaks staff enough for making our wedding day so perfect.

Shelley · Married on 08/19/2016

This venue was amazing! The grounds for the outdoor ceremony were beautiful and great for pictures. The reception hall is roomy and charming. With the bonus of having the outdoor lounge area and fire pit as well, our guests could relax outside and still hear the music and see the festivities. And the food was delicious! The wedding coordinator Yvette was very professional and helped us have the wedding of our dreams. She kept the pace going and handled any issues that came up immediately. I highly recommend Carlton Oaks for any event!

Yvette and all her staff were amazing. A beautiful place to have any kind of event.

I can not say enough about how great this venue is!!!!!! Carlton Oaks is a hidden gem in Santee. They worked with our budget to give us a wedding we could afford that was beautiful and elegant. We used Yvette as our day-of coordinator and I am SO HAPPY I did that. With her in charge of everything on the wedding day, I didn't have to worry about anything but enjoying our day. We had a lot of out-of-town guests that stayed on the property and they were all very pleased with the rooms and accommodations. The property recently renovated the rooms and they are the best you will find in East County.

This venue has a huge advantage of offering ceremony site, reception site, beautiful photography opportunities, delicious food options, full bar, overnight accommodations, rehearsal dinner options, professional staff all in one place. Choosing a wedding venue was the most stressful part of wedding planning, and I'm SO GLAD I found Carlton Oaks.

raquel · Married on 05/09/2015

Very friendly love working with the wedding planner. She knew everything I needed. I am 16 weeks pregnant and could not do much because I was not feeling good and she took in charge and I didn't feel stressed at all.

Caroline · Married on 04/20/2015

My husband and I live out of town and met with the Wedding Planner for Carlton Oaks Country Club Yvette Lynch. I should mention that we only got engaged on 02/15/15 and our wedding was set for 04/20/15 barely 2 months away! We ended up choosing to get married on a Monday because room rental and catering prices were discounted. We communicated via phone calls and emails and I was finally able to go down to San Diego and meet with her in person at the end of March. She was extremely helpful and patient with my family answering any and all questions. She gave suggestions on where I might be able to cut costs and save money. The Crest Room is absolutely beautiful. It has a full bar that is permanently set up and the entire room has wood flooring essentially making the entire room a dance floor. The room has a room of windows that look out onto the golf course and patio. The room rental fee includes use of the patio area. It was perfect for the cigar bar my husband wanted to have. The patio also has a fire pit and furniture. If guests wanted to cool off, smoke a cigar or simply sit and visit they headed outside. Another reason to have your reception at the Carlton Oaks Country Club is not only the Best Wedding Planner ever.. Yvette Lynch but it is also the Lodge. We rented a Suite for the girls in the wedding party. It included 2 bedrooms and a full size kitchen. It was great for the makeup artist and hair stylist. We had a lot of out of town guests who stayed at the Lodge and enjoyed a discounted rate. They could enjoy the reception and not have to worry about a DD or we didn’t have the expense of providing transportation to our wedding guest. They walked across the parking lot to their beautifully recently remodeled room. Most of the guest also took advantage of the member’s rate and played golf the morning of our wedding. Those that didn’t play golf enjoyed the beautiful pool. The morning after the wedding we all met at the clubhouse for an awesome breakfast.

Jennifer · Married on 10/25/2014

Our whole experience at Carlton Oaks was fantastic. Yvette walked us through all the details, provided a timeline to us and the DJ/Photographer and kept everything flowing. Her suggestions regarding food options were a hit with the guests and we all had a great time

Henry · Married on 09/13/2014

Top flight across the board. No further feedback is required.

Jasmine · Married on 09/06/2014

We had our Wedding Ceremony and reception here on September 6, 2014. Everything was PERFECT. Yvette and Jessica are very professional and ensured that everything was taken care of. They are very helpful and respond to questions in a timely manner which was awesome.

The golf course is beautiful. The ceremony was held in the garden area. Although it was hot that day the shade provided by the surrounding trees definitely helped. The Crest room was big enough to accommodate our families. The food was FANTASTIC. We receive so many compliments on the quality of the food. They definitely do not skimp out on the portions.
    either
    I loved everything about the venue. The pricing was definitely affordable. Tax and gratuity inclusive. We did not have to pay for any "hidden costs". Only for additions to our contract, such as the extra reception hour.

Janine · Married on 06/21/2014

My husband and I just held our wedding here on June 21st and it could not have gone better thanks to Yvette and Carlton Oaks. First off, the venue is beautiful and the view of mountains in the distance with green hills is the perfect setting for a wedding. The venue offers one of the best values for an all inclusive venue (ceremony/reception site, tables/chairs, food, bar, staff). Yvette was great to communicate with, her and her assistant are very responsive to emails and go out of their way to deal with any special requests. We hired Yvette as our day-of coordinator, which was the BEST decision; if something went wrong I did not know about it, everything appeared to go off without a hitch. We chose to do a plated dinner (rather than buffet), which also went well and our guests enjoyed the food. The venue also offers a hotel on site, which has been recently renovated and is extremely valuable - another aspect our guests enjoyed/appreciated. We would definitely recommend Carlton Oaks as a wedding/event venue to anyone in the future!

Erin · Married on 04/04/2014

We just got married here and it was the best decision we've ever made-- everything was absolutely PERFECT! We hired Yvette as our day of coordinator and she was more than worth it!! She planned out our schedule for the day, helped our rehearsal run smoothly, and was just so fun and easy to work with. If you're debating it, DO IT! Since the wedding, we've received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was and how delicious and amazing the food was!! We can't say enough good things about Carlton Oaks. We're so, so happy we decided to have our wedding here...it was worth every penny!

stephanie · Married on 06/15/2013

This was the perfect venue for our wedding, they provided everything but the decor, cake, flowers, and photographer, at a very reasonable price. There are no hidden costs and it is simply gorgeous! The staff was very pleasant to work with. After reading other people's reviews I chose to hire Yvette as my "day of" coordinator, it was one of the best decisions I made!

The staff and management were courteous and helpful from the moment we stepped on property until we left. From the beginning there was not a question left unanswered nor a glitch that could not be fixed. The wedding coordinator Yvette was very clear from the beginning she would be available for any of our needs and questions and kept her word from our first meeting in her office, to the wedding. We were treated with respect and were given clear instructions on how to make this day a memorable one for everyone. We were especially impressed with the scenic views for wedding pictures , and the beautiful room for the reception. Your staff went out of it's way to make sure our every need was met on our most memorable day and Carlton Oaks Country Club will always be our recommendation.

Perfect fairytale wedding. Yvette glides you through what needs to be done and informs you right off the bat to make an appt. with her if at any time you feel you are not quite sure what to do next. Her personal touches and walk thru of the property made us sure that was where we wanted to get married. The scenery is perfect for pictures and the staff made us feel welcome and were always helpful.

Teri · Married on 08/04/2012

Yvette at Carlton Oaks Country Club handled our daughter's wedding in a very professional and caring manner. She referred all the vendors to us that did a great job as well. From the rehearsal to the ceremony, food, bar and reception....everything was perfect. I highly recommend Yvette and her staff.

Lindsay · Married on 07/07/2012

Carlton Oaks was the perfect place for our wedding and reception. Everything was beautiful and Yvette was great! She answered all of the questions we had and helped us every step of the way. She made sure everything was taken care of so that we didn't have to worry about anything the day of the wedding.

Catherine · Married on 04/29/2012

Carlton Oaks is an excellent place to have your wedding or your bridal shower. The facility is a very nice place to have your event. The staff was exceptional. The servers were very helpful and kept the food and beverages flowing! Coordination with the event specialist was easy and fun. I would refer this place to anyone planning a party.

Karen · Married on 04/21/2012

I had a wonderful experience having my daughter’s wedding at Carlton Oaks. It was a great place, fantastic people to work with. I helped my daughter plan this event as this was a first wedding in our family. We would recommend choosing the vendors they suggest. They are marvelous to work with, know the venue and each other. Everything went so smooth, thanks to them. I had no idea the event could be so fun. Yvette, the Special Events Coordinator was fantastic , so easy to work with, flexible and encouraging. John Salgado was a fantastic photographer. He put the wedding couple at ease, made them feel totally comfortable. Was out of the way, chose fantastic settings and quick to get photos up for us to see. Brandon Watterson was our DJ. Highly recommend him! The DJ is the one who MC’s the reception so very important to have a good, experienced one. Not someone who thinks it would be fun to play some tunes. Brandon gathered a ton of info from the wedding couple, wanting to make the reception theirs. He was a lot of fun and also helped the night go smoothly. Also use the Cecilia Cahvez from celebrity weddings for our chair covers, and a few other items used in on the tables. I cannot praise these vendors enough. I would highly, highly recommend them to make your wedding or event a wonderful experience.

Shauna · Married on 10/21/2011

Carlton Oaks is perfect if you are on a budget. The price is great and the quality is awesome! I would recomend doing the Day of Services with Yevette. She totally rocks and keeps everything moving flowly. It was WELL WORTH the $250 to hire her.

Ted · Married on 05/07/2011

My now wife and I had our wedding reception at the Carlton Oaks on May 7th, 2011. We worked with Yvette Lynch, the special events coordinator, who was absolutely fabulous. They are priced right, highly professional, easy to deal with, the food was great, and they pour a stiff drink. From beginning to end, top to bottom, we had a wonderful experience and are so glad we had our wedding reception at the Carlton Oaks. The reception room dresses up really nice and the staff is wonderful. Couldn't have had a better wedding party and Yvette and her staff are a huge part of that.