Carlos Creek Winery Reviews

Carlos Creek Winery 3
Carlos Creek Winery 4
Carlos Creek Winery 5

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2011

I can't say enough good things about Carlos Creek Winery - it is truly a wonderful find for a wedding location! They have awesome staff (Thanks Michelle!) and the wine and food was wonderful and less then what I would have paid in the Twin Cities area! What a neat place to get married for a fun and unique feel! We had a beautiful outdoor ceremony (they have several locations for everything from a small to large wedding), Beautiful reception area and grounds for your friends and families to go explore and WONDERFUL wine! I really enjoyed my whole experience there and the staff was wonderful to work with! I really liked the fact that after the winery closed the whole grounds was ours for the rest of the night and we were the only wedding there! Thanks you so much for the most wonderful day in my life so far!

Sent on 10/25/2011

Kim · Married on 09/24/2011

Very nice place, loeved that we got to choose to have the ceremony outside and if there was bad weather they would have moved it inside for us. Only suggestion is where we had the reception it seemed like it needed better sound buffers so we could have enjoyed our band more, otherwise love the place!!!! And Michelle the event coordinator was sooooo helpful!!!

Sent on 11/28/2011

Cassandra · Married on 07/10/2010

I absolutely loved having my wedding at Carlos Creek Winery! The scenery was stunning and all my guests were truly "wowed" by the experience. It was a unique and beautiful venue that offered many unforgettable and amazing photo opportunities. I chose to ride in on a horse and carriage with my dad and as I came over the hill and through the grape vines, I could hear the "oohs" and "aahs" from all of my guests. I truly felt like Cinderella for a day!

Michelle (the event coordinator) was great to work with and was always there to answer any questions or concerns I had. She was very friendly and professional and did everything she could to make my day special!

Although Carlos Creek Winery only served beer or wine, they did try to accommodate us with a few alternate options such as "Wine-a-ritas" and a coffee bar, as well as non-alcoholic beverages (water, pop ect.).

Overall, I had a great experience and would recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful outdoor venue full of breath-taking scenery and a completely unique experience.

Sent on 04/19/2011

3.5

Overall a great experience. The event coordinator was switched the day before the wedding which made me nervous because she was not the one we had been planning everything with. I wish the late night snack lasted longer and the man that served ice cream was kind of rude.

Sent on 11/20/2013

3.5

Carlos Creek Winery is a beautiful venue and the inclusions you get really make it a great value. We did have some issues with our emails not being answered promptly, especially the month before our wedding. Also our coordinator was changed without notice several times from when we booked until the day before our wedding.
    All in all our day was beautiful and went flawlessly. Despite some communication issues, I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 09/11/2016

3.5

Overall the wedding was wonderful. Carlos Creek Winery is a beautiful place to get married. As with any wedding, there were a couple snafus, but nothing major. The event staff was very helpful throughout the whole process. Michelle does a wonderful job communicating the whole time. She helped us plan the wedding from another state, and everything turned out beautifully.

Sent on 11/21/2013

JoAnna · Married on 07/02/2011

3.5

We had a great day! The staff were great to work with and were very helpful especially on the wedding day.

Sent on 10/30/2011
  • Kirstin

Kirstin Sinner · Married on 11/10/2018

3.0

A beautiful ceremony/reception venue!

My husband and I were married at Carlos Creek Winery in November. Overall, we both had positive experiences with the winery and are so happy with how our ceremony and reception turned out!

There were lots of great things about getting married at CCW. Some of the aspects we really liked were the venue itself (we opted for an indoor ceremony by the fireplace and it was absolutely gorgeous!) , the floral work (Mary is so amazing!! We did some custom floral and loved it!), the fact that the winery does most of the decorating, and that it was overall a hands-off experience for us on our wedding day. The food was good for catering for a large crowd, and the upgrade to popovers was definitely worth it! It was also fun having the wine specifically from CCW, and having a shuttle service through the winery was also a big plus - we knew that our guests would have a safe ride home after the wedding.

There are also some things that could be improved. We felt that communication wasn't the best, and my husband and I had a fairly unpleasant experience at the bar in the tasting room the day of our wedding. A bartender refused to serve us wine since we didn't have our IDs or credit card on us - we were literally in our wedding gown/suit and the bride/groom drink free the day of the wedding. That's understandable (it's a legal matter, sure) but the bartender was extremely snide in her remarks and very off-putting - basically just laughed in our faces. Also, we felt that at the end of the night we were rushed out the door and the employee was not very kind in letting us know that we really needed to get a move on. Just know that when they want you out by a certain time, you can't be a minute over without being threatened with extra charges.

That being said, we wouldn't have changed having our wedding at Carlos Creek, and we certainly still recommend this venue!

Sent on 01/06/2019

2.0

The wedding turned out great, however there were more than enough glitches throughout the whole process. Michelle is great, its the Winery and it's policies that are less than desirable. Being accused of things and having your security deposit threatened to be taken away the day after the wedding because of things you weren't aware of happening and an unprofessional procedure to deal with the problem was more stress than a newlywed couple would like to take on. Everything ended fine, but the company wreaks of stinginess and unprofessionalism. Beautiful place though. I would love for the winery to be a place my husband and I go back to visit to reminisce our wedding, however I think I'll pass.

Sent on 10/26/2013

Carlos Creek Winery's reply:

I would like to first thank you for having your wedding with us. I am glad you enjoyed your wedding and working with Michelle. Unfortunately there was a situation with some of your guests during your reception that led to damage to our property. A small portion of your damage deposit was withheld to cover the damages. We always hope for incident free events, but on rare occasions when situations like this arise, we must intervene to limit damages and assure safety. We continually strive to improve our procedures and communication so your wedding day proceeds without surprises or interruptions. We are honored you choose to celebrate your wedding with us. Congratulations on your marriage!

2.4
      2.0

We thought the world of this place until the day of our wedding. The "wedding coordinator" was no where to be found on the day of our wedding and her assistant couldn't answer any of my questions and I was the bride. We had a gorgeous day and a gorgeous venue just could have used more assistance that we were paying for.

Sent on 11/09/2013

Carlos Creek Winery's reply:

Congratulations on your wedding and marriage! I am glad you had a beautiful day out here for your wedding and that you enjoyed the grounds! By "wedding coordinator" I am sure you are referring to Michelle, our director of events. Michelle handles all of our pre-event planning and billing for weddings. She then passes the information off to our event manager. We always try to ensure that it is a smooth transition between Michelle and our event manager, but sometimes Michelle may forget to go over something with our event manager. We always strive for clear communication, but we do miss things from time to time. We apologize for any miss communication that there may have been on the day of your wedding and we are always working to improve our level of service. Thank you for your review.