Carla Ten Eyck Photography Reviews

40 | Hartford, CT

40 Reviews for Carla Ten Eyck Photography

Jenna · Married on 09/22/2018

We cannot say enough great things about Carla, we are so lucky to have met such a wonderful, caring person, let alone the most talented photographer ever for both our engagement shoot and our wedding. She makes everyone she meets feel like family, she allowed us to open up to her, therefore see our true selves and it is incredibly evident in the shots that she is able to capture. A few of our wedding guests asked us for her name because she stood out as one of the greatest photographers they have ever seen at a wedding. Thank you so much Carla for being there! <3

Sent on 10/09/2018

Anna · Married on 09/15/2018

Colorful, vibrant photos (and photographer)!

Carla was a joy to work with on our engagement and wedding photos! We knew our wedding would be colorful and quirky and, when we were looking through different photographer's websites, my husband said we have to pick her because the colors are so vibrant. It was one of the only strong opinions he had in the process and he was so right! Carla embraced the colors in our bright wedding and our pictures are the perfect embodiment of the day. She recommended that we do an engagement shoot with her to get comfortable so day of the wedding taking photos would be easier. This was great advice. Not only did we end up with STUNNING engagement photos (and get to explore a cool new park while laughing with Carla) but we got to get through so many photos so quickly on our wedding day. Our photos could not be more perfect and Carla managed to make it all feel so seamless. I have been to weddings where the photo time seems infinite but she got amazing, personal photos done so quickly. She has a big bubbly personality and is incredibly vibrant. She makes you feel amazing while she's taking the shots and the portraits but during the event she totally disappears but somehow manages to be everywhere and take pictures of everything! It was great working with her and I would definitely recommend her. The quality of her work is incredible!

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • User7749692 · 1+ year ago

Absolutely Fabulous! I feel like Carla is our “family” photographer. I have been working with her over the years for about 10 years now. When I asked her about photographing our wedding and that it would be a destination wedding she didn’t hesitate. She has such an eye and ease about her style. She got amazing pictures without imposing herself in the intimacy of our ceremony or reception. The excitement she approached our day after family photos just allowed us to continue the cloud we were on.

Sent on 08/03/2018

Carla Ten Eyck Photography's reply:

Aww! I LOVE being your photographer for life and have truly enjoyed watching everyone grow up in front of my camera. Your wedding was truly magical, thank you so much for trusting me! XO

Katie · Married on 06/02/2018

If you've read all of the reviews, you already know that Carla is an incredible photographer. At the end of the day, this is why we wanted to work with her. But, what we loved most about working with Carla is how she makes you feel when you are with her. In our early meetings, she made us feel at ease. We had soo many questions and she was very patient with us. She is fun, loving and just exciting to be around. We talked for two hours straight! We knew we wanted her energy at our wedding.

On the wedding day, she was equally incredible. Every idea and inspiration that she had made her so excited. This positive energy was directly passed to us and made us feel so special. She also managed the wedding party extremely well.

One huge surprise that she gave us was posting some pictures to her blog shortly after the wedding. Rather than having to wait to see pictures, we were SO thrilled to get a sneak peak so soon! Carla's talent was very evident. They were amazing! She is amazing!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Kevin · Married on 08/26/2017

Unbelievable. An artist beyond what you would ever expect. Such amazing work that really takes you back to the moment and makes you relive what you see each time you view her photos. You will be in awe when you look at the pictures and read what she rights -- the story plays out for you even if you were not lucky enough to be present at the event she is filming. More importantly -- from the moment you meet this Master Artist she is so cool and fun just to be around -- someone that you know is a stellar person and you can trust that she will come through in style. Thank you Carla for your incredibly unique and beautiful work -- you are legendary and highly respected.
    Go out of your way people to try and schedule her for your event -- you will not be disappointed in *any* way.

Sent on 10/12/2017

Carla Ten Eyck Photography's reply:

Oh Kevin! Thank you so much for these kind words, I am floored. I adore you and Katie so much, and am so happy that we were able to work together for your wedding and engagement! Here's to many more sessions together in the future XOXO

Ryan · Married on 10/22/2016

Carla Ten Eyck is incredible. She has the ability to create the most beautiful and memorable photos and wedding experience. She brought a lot of humor, energy, and passion to our big day. She worked seamlessly with our videographer to ensure we had the best of both worlds. Carla is one of a kind - she will make you feel so comfortable and relaxed. We cannot wait to plan something just so we can use Carla again. We've received so many comments on our photos - everyone says they look like they're out of a magazine. Carla is the best!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Carrie · Married on 10/15/2016

Photography was our number #1 priority (with the exception of food at our venue) that we wanted to make sure was the best of the best! We certainly acheived that with C10 Eyck with Dave and Danielle. Truly I couldn't have asked for two more down to earth people to put in charge of capturing all those special moments. I have only seen a handful of teasers Dave has posted thus far (we are only a week and a half post wedding) but those images I have seen literally have blown any expectation out of the water and far exceeded it and then some! I am so looking forward to seeing all the final edited images. I would highly suggest anyone to consider Dave and or Carla's team for their wedding photos. You will not be disappointed! Thank you so much Dave & Danielle!!!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Carly · Married on 10/14/2016

Carla Ten Eyck Photography was wonderful to work with! Weddings can be so stressful so throughout the planning process Carla and her team were very responsive to all of my questions which made the process easier and let me relax knowing I was in good hands! On the day of the wedding they were timely and professional and grabbed all the shots I could ever want. Carla was so fun, energetic and positive which added so much to the day...not to mention made the pictures come out even better. I wish I could do it all over again but luckily I have a ton of great pictures to look at to help me relive that special day!

Sent on 07/09/2017

jessica · Married on 10/08/2016

Carla and Joel were nothing short of amazing!! They made out day better, and made us feel loved!!! Everyone in my family commented on how amazing she was, and everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting for the photos to come back!!

Sent on 10/13/2016
  • MysticBride1016

Emily · Married on 10/01/2016

If you have the opportunity to work with Carla and her team, do it!! You will not be sorry. I knew I wanted to have Carla photograph our wedding when I first saw her work. You can tell her focus is on capturing more than the events of the day, but rather the emotions too. From the very beginning I felt at ease with Carla, she and her team were very responsive when I was communicating with them. On the day of my wedding Carla and Joel arrived promptly. The weather turned out less than ideal, but Carla quickly figured out a plan and found some beautiful spots for pictures at the hotel we were getting ready in. Carla recognized the millions of things I was feeling that day, and really gave me the chance to pause and take the time I needed when I would get overwhelmed or misty eyed. You can tell that she is truly passionate about what she does, and cares for the people she is working with. Joel was awesome too! He and Carla worked very well together, they were a great team.
    Carla was very quick to get us some "teaser" pictures soon after our wedding, and they were gorgeous! I can't wait to see the rest.

Sent on 10/23/2016

Kris · Married on 09/24/2016

I wish I could give higher than 5 stars! Carla and her team are the absolute best in every way. I recommend them to everyone I meet. Carla did our engagement shoot, and she created and captured the most amazing photos. She knows when to fade into the background and let you just go, and when to bring out her hysterical personality to get a big belly laugh out of you. I can't imagine having gone with anyone else. And her #2 photographer, Joel, was incredible, too! Carla and her team are the bright, uplifting spirits you want around you all the time, and her incredible vision and talent helps to capture the essence of the moment in an indescribable way. She's top-rated for a reason, people! Just take a look at her stuff — you can't go wrong!!!! Thanks Carla & team for your energy, enthusiasm, excellence and... well, everything!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Jordan · Married on 09/17/2016

Carla Ten Eyck Photography is everything you would want and more! When I first met Carla I knew she would be perfect. Carla and her team were absolutely amazing to work with! She is so much fun and someone you want to be with the day of your wedding! Not only was she so fun with the best personality but her pictures are stunning. Carla captures every little detail without you even knowing. Her photos truly take your breath away. There was one part of our wedding where Carla grabbed my husband and I to grab a special shot. We went to the area where there were candles lit everywhere and she just told us to be ourselves, hold hands and look at each other. My husband and I were so curious as to what this photo was going to look like. When we got our photos we were speechless. She works magic behind the lens. After sharing the photos with friends also we got nothing but compliments! Choosing Carla Ten Eyck Photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding, and now we have gorgeous photos of every single detail from our big day to look back on forever. I cant thank them enough for all their hard amazing work!

Sent on 07/13/2017

mary · Married on 08/27/2016

What a wonderful photographer! Easy to work with- great personality! She also did a fantastic job organizing my massive family into gorgeous pictures which is no small task!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Mallory · Married on 08/13/2016

Carla was amazing! We felt totally comfortable with her during the day and the photos turned out amazing (everyone commented on them)!! Thanks Carla!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Paige · Married on 07/30/2016

Our wedding included 7 bridesmaids, 8 groomsmen, and 9 children. For some photographers the circus that was our wedding would have been too much, but not Carla. She embraced the chaos and actually some of our favorite pictures came from these moments. Where I saw chaos she saw a great memory ready to be captured.

As someone who isn't particularly comfortable in front of the camera, we opted to do an engagement session which was great preparation for working with Carla on our wedding day. She talked us through some shots, but also captured us in a completely natural way.

We absolutely LOVED working with Carla throughout the whole process, and would highly recommend her to any brides/grooms out there!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Galini · Married on 07/16/2016

We feel so lucky to have had Carla capture our engagement shoot and wedding day. Carla brought so much energy, the perfect amount of direction, and was so incredibly fun to work with. With so many talented photographers out there, what drew us to Carla was her ability to create timeless yet unique photos. For me, investing in a wedding photographer felt like a gamble, with the risk of hating the pictures and never even looking at them. After working with Carla I can honestly say I don't think it's possible for her to take a less than breathtaking photograph.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Beth · Married on 06/11/2016

They say rain on your wedding day is good luck, but the real good luck was having Carla and Joel with us to capture each moment from our weekend. Despite some unexpected rainfall just moments before the ceremony, Carla managed to not only help take our minds off of the chaos that was ensuing to move everything inside, but she managed to make us excited that the rain was bringing us amazing light for our pictures. She was dead-on. Our favorite shots from the day are pre- and post-rain. The light was simply gorgeous! Carla and Joel went above and beyond our expectations and at the end of the evening, we felt like we were saying goodbye to our friends, not our photographers. Thanks, Carla and Joel, for capturing our dream wedding and giving us a lifetime of wonderful memories. Xo

Sent on 07/18/2017

It seemed as if Carla was just as important being apart of my wedding as my husband and i. She was amazingly such a big part of our day. The pictures were so important to us. Right off-the-bat we knew Carla was the one to do our pictures. Not just because of her work, but because of her bright, loving and energetic soul. The raw emotion Carla captured in the pictures takes our breath away every time we look at them. The energy, love and vision she brought to our day will never be forgotten. They are the art on my walls as I walk through my home and the love my husband and I share captured in a photo. My husband and I will be able to look back on these photos and remember our special day as if we were reliving it. The photos are spectacular, so much better than what my husband I could have hoped for. Carla blew us away with her unique talent as an artist. These are the most precious photos I own other then that of my children. Thank you a thousand times of Carla. ***

Sent on 01/31/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/19/2015

We worked with Dave Noonan from Carla Ten Eyck Photography and he did an amazing job. His style of photography is absolutely beautiful! He was so easy going and friendly and made us feel very comfortable on the day of the wedding. He was able to capture the small details that helped make the day so beautiful. The finished photographs are so AMAZING! We can't wait to print them and get them up on our walls. Our only regret was not having done the engagement photos to work out our own awkwardness in front of the camera, but Dave really helped to make it fun and the pictures turned out great!

Sent on 11/09/2015

We are so in love with our photos by Dave and Dorian. They were such a pleasure to work with and they did such a beautiful job! I first heard about Carla Ten Eyck's studio several years ago and I knew immediately that I would have someone from the studio photograph my wedding. I'm so glad I did. It's a dream come true!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Allison · Married on 09/20/2014

Absolutely amazing job! Dave was so laid back and easy to work with. He responded to emails quickly - and was happy to hop on calls. He and his team arrived on time the day of - and stayed probably an extra hour just to ensure that he got photos of the dancing at our reception. I could not have picked a better studio to work with - and the photos are amazing!

The studio also has their own site to log into to see your contracts, bills due and eventually your wedding photos. The only negative thing I could say is that I wish I could have paid bill online - but I'm sure that they're working on that functionality soon!

Highly recommended!!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Ashley · Married on 06/07/2014

Carla shot my engagement photos and my wedding photos and I could not be more pleased. She was recommended to me by a dear friend and I will continue to pass the good word. Even though it may be a little pricey for some it is completely worth the money. I am in love with my photos. These are what we will look at for years to come and I am so happy with how they turned out. It was just one great photograph after another. Carla's assistant Mike photographed our event as well and he did a great job setting up some beautiful shots. Both of them were very sweet to work with even when I asked to take some photos throughout the evening. Carla and her family of photographers completely shaped my event for the best. Carla and everyone I spoke with during the planning process was down to earth, attentive and just awesome. She was my first vendor I booked after I got engaged and I suggest you do the same.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Tess · Married on 10/12/2013

Jasmine Balgobin (http://bit.ly/1h5cXEa) and her team from Carla Ten Eyck Photography were truly amazing. Jazzy was like another bridesmaid at my wedding, making me laugh and feel so special, capturing all the important shots (many of which I didn't know were important to me until I saw them captured on film later.) She was outstanding- you can tell immediately upon meeting her that she is deeply passionate about her work, that she cares about your wedding day and about making sure she captures every aspect of it. Her team was everywhere at the wedding, but somehow not in the way at all. Both our families loved them! I truly can't express the extra depth she brought to our day, and the wonderful relationship (over faceboook and emails) we've maintained ever since. She's a rare gem, give her a call before she's all booked for the year!

Sent on 02/10/2014

We worked with Julie for our wedding in August and there isn't enough room in this review to express that it was one of the best decisions we made (and you should too!). Julie is insanely talented and beyond the end result (which is always amazing), she is so kind and honestly made us feel at ease from the moment we met her (on our wedding day) - exactly the type of person you would want by your side on such a special day. Julie, we can't thank you enough and could keep singing your praises over and over! Hopefully some day we'll be working together again, maybe on family portraits ;)

Sent on 11/21/2013

Julie photographed my beach/lace factory wedding and my autumn park engagement session.
    She is an artistic genius.
    Okay, yes, you are spending a pretty penny. But seriously, your flowers will fade and wilt, you'll never wear that dress again, the food is one and done, aside from the person you are marrying it's the pictures that will be joining you that capture the day exactly the way it was forever. Julie and her crew did this so perfectly I can only describe it through a feeling. When I look at the pictures it is the same swell of emotions I had as I walked down the aisle with me dad. Purely overwhelmed with love.
    Julie is professional, timely, artistic, has a unique vision, she is kind, smart, flexible, and THE BEST photographer you will ever get the opportunity to work with. This is your wedding gift to yourself, hire her!

Sent on 08/29/2013