Carla Pressley Reviews

Carla Pressley 5
Carla Pressley 6
Carla Pressley 7

Amy · Married on 11/05/2005

I don't remember who did my hair but she did a fantastic job!! I have very long straight hair and she managed to get it ALL up into beautiful twists, braids and curls. It took her 2 hours and a Starbucks for us both! But it was so gorgeous! She said she woke up a little sick with a cold the morning she did my hair but she knew she had to come in to work because she had "A BRIDE!" Now that is dedication, she definatley made my day and got a big tip to show for it!

Sent on 08/19/2008

Bridget · Married on 10/12/2018

Carla is a life saver

Carla is amazing at what she does, hands down. She did hair and makeup for my wedding, for bridesmaids, moms, and me, and everyone looked incredible. Carla is also just an amazing person. Is it weird to want to be friends with your vendors? When I had some concerns with my original hairstyle, she quickly accommodated a second trial. When I had anxiety before the wedding, she was a calming presence and quickly fixed my makeup after I shed some tears. I cannot recommend Carla enough.

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • Blair

Blair · Married on 09/01/2018

You are in such good hands with Carla! Carla and her lovely assistant did hair and makeup for five bridesmaids, two moms, and the bride and got everybody ready to go right on time - even when we added two additional services to our original order. The makeup and hair was exactly what we had discussed, a soft, romantic look that wasn't too fussy. But here's where she really went above and beyond - to all my brides, add the additional touch-up period. Carla stayed about an hour after the ceremony to make sure hair and makeup was perfect for all of the photos and for cocktail hour. She also helped make sure my dress looked perfect, held champagne glasses, and was a super calming presence when I needed one. Quick gross story - since it was an outdoor ceremony, a lot of buggies thought my multi-layered dress was their new home. She even helped me shake all of the bugs out of my dress before the cocktail hour - what a goddess, seriously.

Sent on 09/20/2018

Sue · Married on 07/28/2011

Carla did a great job with hair and makeup at my wedding! She was even able to add one more service to another person during the day of our wedding and spent as much time and attention to the bridesmaids as the bride! Everyone looked beautiful and Carla was very calm during time contraints getting all 7 of us ready on time for photos. Her work at the wedding was much better than the trial. She spent time discussing everything with me, and I purchased some of my own makeup to show her what I wanted.

Sent on 08/10/2011

J · Married on 06/05/2010

I was glad to have found Carla, especially since I had been putting off booking someone for so long. She did my hair and makeup, and hair for three bridesmaids; I was pleased with the results. She provided tips and was focused on making sure my hair/makeup turned out well, no matter how many times it took to find the the right look.

Sent on 07/27/2010

4.2
      3.0

I had my bridal updo and my mom had her hair done at the PR at Partners in Tysons Corner. My stylist (Natalia) was super friendly and responsive to the ideas I presented. I had a consultation and opted to skip the trial but do a day before "treatment" and blowout. The blowout wasn't the best I'd ever had, since it was limp a few hours later. The updo ($75) was nice but I had to use some pins to keep the bottom from coming undone during the reception. Overall I think she did a good job for the price and would go back to her.
    My mom wasn't sure whether she wanted an updo or a blowout and got Tara as her stylist. Apparently the stylist doesn't do updos (huh?!) and was quick to give my mom some super tight spiral curls that she had to shake out before the ceremony. I think she was disappointed (especially for the $50 price) but didn't complain much--especially since my stylist came to the rescue and fixed her bangs. I'd recomend that if you book for others in your party that you make sure their matched up well so that everyone is on the same page.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Stephanie · Married on 10/09/2010

3.8
      3.5

I hired Carla to provide hair and make-up for my three bridesmaids, Mother of the bride and Mother of the groom. Overall, I was happy and thought she did a great job. For the most part everyone looked great.

I did feel like Carla underestimated how much time it would take for her to do everyone's hair and make-up, however. We ended up running slightly behind, and my Mom only had about 10 minutes for her make-up, which I thought was unfortunate considering we paid $85 per make-up application. It was a bit stressful and rushed towards the end. Perhaps that's the way it always is, but it was unfortunate that the Mother of the Bride ended up last in line. I think Carla could have prioritized and made "appointments" for each person to make sure each individual had equal time for what they needed done.

Sent on 11/28/2010

Julia · Married on 10/01/2017

3.6
      3.5

My MOH and MIL both turned out beautifully, and my trial had gone beautifully as well. However, in looking at my wedding photos I'm bummed at how my hair and makeup turned out on my big day. We seemed to have a few crossed wires about arrival setup vs start time, a hair style, and getting hair/makeup done at the same level as the trial (where we had more time). I'm glad we have close up pictures from our engagement session which included hair and makeup done for my trial - I was really thrilled with how that turned out - just wish the wedding photos could have been the same.

Lessons learned:
    -note the setup vs start time in the contract,
    -bring up the original inspiration photos from the trial on the wedding day to avoid confusion,
    -wouldn't ask ask about a different hair style than the trial

Sent on 10/09/2017
    Carla Pressley 8
    Carla Pressley 9

Carla Pressley's reply:

Hi Julia! I am disappointed to hear you were happier with your trial than the day of. I know set up takes some time but I think the biggest mishap was the change you wanted from what we did at our trial to the new half up version we were then testing out on the morning of with very limited time. There were a few things different with the makeup as well, like more liquid liner which I really liked in the end. Arriving earlier could have been done had I known we wanted to try some other ideas out. I planned to have your hair done in 30 mins since it was a simple all up / no curls / braided crown. With the added curls you wanted and then going back to the original simple crown really did take some time. I wish I could make it up to you so please let me know the next time you need hair and makeup for any occasion. I'd be happy to do it for free if we can get you back into the dress and have some photos taken. I'm always here for you.
  • Lyss5782

Alyssa · Married on 07/10/2010

3.2
      3.0

I did not think Carla was overly professional and that bothered me (though she is extremely sweet). I felt like my hair looked very messy on the day of the wedding (the style just did not hold).

Sent on 08/10/2010

Carla Pressley's reply:

Aw..my young self didn't know how important a good SET was....young Carla has grown a lot now. Sorry if I wasn't able to provide the absolute best service on your wedding day 7 years ago. If you ever need ANYTHING, PLEASE let me know. I want to do something special for you. Hope you are doing wonderful. x