50 Reviews for Carissa Woo Photography

Digital Files (2)
Prints (2)
High-Res Images (1)
Matted Prints (1)

Carissa Woo was the most amazing wedding photographer. She made me feel comfortable and excited about my wedding from the very start. I felt like we could be best friends. Carissa made sure to take photos of the details and captured moments that I wouldn't have remembered if she wasn't there. Every picture she took was breathtaking and you felt you could not live without that photo. Carissa loves what she does and it is evident in the way she interacts with the bride and groom and their families and friends. Our relatives are still talking about the way she made everyone feel and were in awe when they saw the photos of the wedding. She made the photo taking fun, interactive and produced a beautiful product. Carissa is the best photographer, ever! We would absolutely recommend her to all of our closest family and friends.

Profile Picture Jen, 12/26/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints

Yowza! Carissa Woo was a blast to work with and was able to bring out the best in us during our wedding! She was able to get the best shots, where nothing looks rehearsed or forced but instead natural and happy. Her creativity and calmness helped tremendously throughout the day and the end result were the fantastic photos we'll cherish for the rest of our lives and make our Facebook profile pitcures! Having never had a photographer follow you around before, it definitely felt more like a friend capturing our most heart felt moments while also encouraging a showcase of love. All in all, we're ecstatic we found and glad we chose Carissa as our wedding photographer! We would absolutely recommend her to friends and family.

P.S. She also shot our engagement photos which also turned out spectacular as well!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

If you want the best of the best, you HAVE to book Carissa! A friend recommended Carissa to take our wedding photos, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Not only did the photos blow our minds, but she is the most down to earth photographer I have ever met. She knew exactly how to handle my family's unique needs when it came to the group photos as well. My grandma is 98 and can't stand for long periods at a time. Carissa made sure to take her photos first so she wasn't standing around waiting and in pain. Kudos Carissa! I love this girl!!!

Profile Picture Sandra, 5/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I used Carissa for my engagement shoot as well as my wedding and I'm so glad I did.

She made us feel very comfortable because her style is natural and organic. And sometimes she'll be silly just to get a laugh out of us (and those made the best shots!).

My biggest fear for a wedding photographer was one who takes center stage and obstructs the guests' view. Carissa and her team were not like that at all, in fact I don't know how they got the amazing shots they did because they were so inconspicuous.

And the follow up after our engagement shoot and wedding was outstanding. She provided us with our images and album within the time she promised and she even sent us a personalized pillow along with a hand written note! While Carissa's professionalism and her eye for capturing that perfect shot makes her a great photographer, the attention to detail and her warm personality really put her over the top for me. I highly recommend Carissa.

Profile Picture Jill, 4/18/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography

Carissa is an excellent photographer and one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. I needed someone who would lead the day in the hustle and bustle of wedding chaos. She took charge and made sure we stayed on schedule and took all the photos we wanted.

Carissa is professional, responds timely to emails and inquiries and was truly a pleasure to work with. The photos we have seen so far are absolutely gorgeous. I am so happy we spent the extra money to invest in such a good photographer because those photos are all that we have once the day is over.

Thank you Carissa. I can't wait to use you again!

Profile Picture Dana, 10/4/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Carissa Woo is wonderful. She is quick, efficient, & super nice!

Our engagement shoot was absolutely perfect. We almost got in trouble by some security guard and she managed to sweet talk her way out of it, so if you want a certain shot she will get it. She is bubbly and makes you feel really comfortable in front of her lens. She gave great direction and really captured what my husband and I really feel for each other.

For our wedding day it happened to be the hottest day of the year. Literally it was like 110 degrees. It was pretty horrible and nobody was in the best of moods with that kind of heat. We all were troopers and got through it. Now that I have my photos back I can tell you that we look freaking amazing! I thought I would be disappointed with how melted we all felt, but I am so glad that it did not translate into the pictures. I will say that looking back I wish I had a few pictures that we didn’t attempt such as my husband and his sister by themselves or just me on my own, but it was just too hot to think so I blame no one but the sun.
I also used her for my photo booth. Her photo booth company is called Heart You Photo Booth and it is an open air one so lots of people fit in the shot. Everyone had a blast! Her backdrop was gorgeous and her props were lots of fun! I received the pictures in the online gallery a few weeks after and she even posted a picture a couple days after the wedding for us to share with our friends and family via social media.

It was a magical day and Carissa and her assistants stopped time with our love. I would recommend her to everyone because of her talent and efficiency. I gave my wedding party a pep talk before we took photos and I told them to pay attention to her direction because she’s fast. You will think she didn’t get the shot, but I promise you she did. It was true! She was super-fast, but got every shot right. My photos are beautiful and I am really glad we found her. She truly is in love with love

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Carissa Woo was easy to work with and a really fun and creative photographer! :)

Profile Picture User3289656, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I met with too many photographers before we picked Carissa Woo Photography. Carissa fit our budget and we clicked with her more than anyone else. She was able to give us a discount for working with Ace the Day and she made the perfect package for our needs and wants. When we explained our “modern with a vintage flair” military wedding, Carissa loved it! Our engagement shoot was a blast! For the first part, my husband wore an older military uniform, and I found a cute vintage dress. We also had his tuba and a handful of books for different props. Our pictures were a mix of fun, spontaneous, romantic and even a few artistic shots. During our wedding day, Carissa was there from getting ready to almost the end. While we were doing our romantic and wedding party pictures, her assistant was getting pictures of everyone at cocktail hour. It was wonderful to see everyone having a good time. Choosing a photographer was very much a personality and budget decision for us. I’m very happy with our decision.

Profile Picture Maggie, 5/17/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

We are so happy with our wedding pictures from Carissa! She was great at giving directions while keeping it super chill, which is exactly what we wanted. She sent links to the digital pics within days which was shockingly fast, and the dvd with the images followed shortly after. Great experience, thanks so much Carissa!

Profile Picture Wendy, 12/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa Woo is an amazing wedding photographer. We met over coffee just once but my husband and i felt extremely comfortable with her light hearted manner. She is extremely easy to work with and makes the wedding photograph process fun and delightful. Her pictures brought tears to my eyes when i viewed them for the first time - tears of joy! I definitely recommend Carissa as she is flexible, easy to work with and a beautiful photographer.

Profile Picture Hilary, 12/8/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Carissa provided my fiance and I the perfect experience at our engagement shoot. Shy and a bit self-conscious at first, she was able to lighten up the mood and help us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Carissa captured amazing moments during the session. She is extremely professional but easy going at the same time. I would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture yoey, 11/23/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa is a wonderful photographer!! She did an amazing job capturing our special day.

Profile Picture Marlene, 11/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa Woo is fabulous! We knew we wanted a phenomenal photographer for our wedding day and didn’t know where to go. Carissa came highly recommended from our wedding coordinator, Nicole Alexandra Designs, and I am so beyond thrilled we chose HER for our wedding day. I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions we made, as I know we will forever value and treasure reliving the special moments from our engagement photo shoot, rehearsal, and our big day. I could have never imagined such a wonderful experience.

Carissa’s professionalism and promptness, along with her kindness went a long way. We received compliment after compliment on how easy and wonderful she was to work with. She was never in the way, but yet continued to capture the most amazing shots. I feel so special that we had the opportunity to share our wedding with Carissa. She was beyond incredible and the work she has produced is insanely amazing.

I would strongly suggest using Carissa Woo Photography! I am more than happy to discuss and share the wonderful work she did. Please feel free to contact me if you would like kaceykennedyroth@gmail.com.

Profile Picture Kacey Kennedy, 11/16/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Carissa is the most fantastic photographer ever! We knew she was the one even before we met her. Just look at her blog! Her photos are amazing. And wait until you meet her in person, she's so warm and funny. You feel so relaxed and comfortable with her that you sometimes forget that she's there. Her vision is unexplainable, she'll shoot you in a place that you would have no idea is anything special, then it will turn into one of the most fabulous pictures you can think of!! Her photography is bright and colorful (which I love)!! My wedding party was also a little rowdy, which wasn't an issue for her at all. Love her! She's my life photographer and will use her to photograph ever monumental event in my life :)

Profile Picture A, 3/23/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Carissa was wonderful! I bought a deal for boudoir pictures from her business. I am very shy, but wanted a surprise for my husband on the night of our wedding. She did a wonderful job at making me feel comfortable and beautiful. There were so many pictures to choose from! I had to rent a hotel room to do the shoot in, but it is my understanding that she is getting a studio soon. I would recommend her as a photographer and especially for boudoir shoots! It was great for me and my husband!

Profile Picture User2362602, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Working with Carissa was fantastic and my wedding pictures came out amazing!!!

Profile Picture Gizelle, 9/14/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Carissa was amazing! Christian did an awesome job as her 2nd shooter. Carissa really captured every special moment for us! She was super engaging and taught us awesome poses!

Profile Picture Cassie, 8/26/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa Woo was our chosen photographer for our wedding day and she was exactly the professional you want for your event. We took first look pictures, wedding party pictures, and family pictures, while managing to capture shots spontaneously as they happened. We loved working with Carissa since she has this style where she doesn't interfere with the progression of events, but she captures it almost candidly to get the real emotion of what is occurring. She has the experience in this industry and it shows. I really like how personable she is as well, one thing that stood out was how some kids at our wedding were following us around taking group pictures, so she trusted them with her lighting equipment which they were really happy to help out with and be a part of the wedding. I give Carissa Woo Photography the highest review out of all the vendors we hired for our wedding. I look forward to working with her again.

Profile Picture Grace, 8/4/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Carissa Woo is the best wedding photographer I could have asked for. She is creative, efficient, gives GREAT direction, accessible, professional, and knows how to make a girl feel and look her absolute best. Even my sister and one of bridesmaids are both interested in booking her for their own weddings (once they're engaged!). If you're looking to hire a wedding photographer, Carissa Woo is the one to trust. Wedding date: July 20, 2012

Profile Picture Tricia, 7/20/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Carissa Woo is an amazing photographer. She shot our engagement photos, wedding, and a boudoir photoshoot. She makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera and provides simple directions throughout the photo session. Carissa had one of the best price packages of any photographers I investigated. I'm also grateful for her recommendations for a florist, DJ, and candy buffet who all became my wedding vendors and were amazing. I'll definitely call her for baby photos :)

Mr. and Mrs. Sterling

Profile Picture mikaela, 7/14/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We love Carissa Woo Photography! From our initial meetings, Carissa made us feel very comfortable. She showed us samples of prior weddings she had shot and helped us with suggestions for our timeline of our reception, which was truly helpful in creating a smooth flowing program.

On our wedding day, Carissa was prompt and professional. With so much going on and getting pulled in so many directions, she was assertive but very respectful and professional. One of the benefits of our initial meetings was that she gained a sense of our personalities ahead of time which came through in the shots on the wedding day. She clearly explained what she wanted in each shot and was able to capture a range from lighthearted to beauty and sophistication.

Carissa has always been prompt in her follow up and deadlines. She seamlessly integrated herself with our other vendors and adapted well when inevitably things don’t go exactly as scheduled. She really captured the beauty of our venue and the day as a whole. Just days into our honeymoon, she emailed a link to her blog with photos of our wedding so we could relive the memories/moments of our most special day. Then, at a later date, we received another link to all of the photos that were taken throughout the whole day with the option of forwarding the link to family and friends so they could admire and order prints, as well. A month later, as the contract stated, we received our photo disc. Even the packaging was so nice and professional!!! Just a couple of weeks after that, we met with Carissa to talk about our wedding album design. To our amazement we had already received an email with a sample of what our album layout would look like within one week!!! It was gorgeous! Carissa really has a special eye and creative ability of capturing those moments! We can’t say enough fabulous things about Carissa. We are completely honored to have had her as our photographer and now consider her a great friend.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 6/9/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Carissa was a great photographer! EVERYONE loved our pictures and even had 2 of our friends ask her to be their wedding photographer. Yup, they were that impressed. She's lively, happy, professional and focused. She knows the moments to capture and when to capture them. My biggest suggestion to a bride in regards to pictures is if you want a specific picture, let her know. She did ask me if I wanted anything specific beforehand, but I wish I had thought about it sooner. Specific meaning, couple with flower girl, couple wrapped around with veil, groom's picture acting out a football play, etc. She captured all the specific pictures I asked for. Carrissa did a wonderful job!!!

Profile Picture Joy, 6/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Carissa is a wonderful person! She is a personable person who works very hard to get all the best shots. We were very blessed to have her capture our wedding and I will suggest her to every bride I come in contact!

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/28/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Carissa exceeded by expectations!! She is the best photographer I could ever ask for! here are some reasons why:
**Organized-she asked us for a list of photos and people we wanted and executed this perfectly on the wedding day
**Fun and creative- I always have the same look in every photo and I'm camera shy- she gave up examples of different poses and made us laugh to give us amazing natural photos.
**Special effects- she does great editing i.e I had a friend holding my veil and Carissa edited out my friend and it looks magical!
**Works fast- I was surprised to see my how fast I received my photos online and a cool looking CD that she had costumed with our picture on it
**Best personality and works great under pressure

Carissa is simply the best! You will have so much fun taking pictures! The best decision I made for our wedding!

Profile Picture Annie, 5/18/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I was lucky to have found Carissa at a Bridal expo, my fiance at the time wanted to book her right away before anyone else would book her before (scared that we would lose her). My husband is super shy when it comes to taking pictures, but Carissa made us feel extremely comfortable with her. She is very energetic and gets us in the mood to capture the special moments on camera. We are SUPER HAPPY to have had her capture our day and the pictures are just as AMAZING as our engagement photo shoot with her. I am so excited that I share my photos with everyone and they're just as amazed at Carissa's work. I can't wait to work with Carissa again!

Profile Picture Janet, 5/5/12, 2 Reviews