Captured Couture, LLC Reviews

14 | Clarkston, MI

14 Reviews for Captured Couture, LLC

Nicole · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I cannot say enough great things about Jennifer and her assistant and what a pleasure they were to work with on our big day! They went above and beyond starting the night prior when we had an unexpected forecast of rain…jumping in the car and driving down to the venue location that night checking out nearby alternatives with coverage to make our first look dreams a reality. On top of that she was the one helping with some impromptu bustling of my dress in between my ceremony and reception and keeping my bridal party on track with our timeline so our day went flawlessly. We didn’t have to worry about the little details thanks to Jennifer and her team! The pictures turned out beautifully…we literally couldn’t decide between our favorites. Jennifer has an remarkable eye and we have so many romantic, intimate moments captured from our first dance to our evening shoot. Again, we cannot express how ecstatic we are that we chose Jennifer to work with not only because of the quality of her work but also because of her kindhearted and fun personality!

Sent on 08/15/2018

stephanie britz · Married on 10/07/2017

Jennifer and her assistant were so nice to work with. I loved my pictures and I was happy I received them so fast!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Erin · Married on 08/05/2017

Jennifer is an absolutely amazing photographer!! When I started looking for a wedding photographer I did a few phone calls but as soon as I talked to Jennifer I knew she was the right choice for me. We just seemed to click right from the start and she had a great understanding of the vision I had for my wedding day. She was always very responsive to my emails and was very accommodating to my schedule as an out of state bride. I am so glad that she was able to capture my wedding day! She did a fabulous job of getting all of my requested photos and having them be even more beautiful then I could even imagine. We selected the package with the 2nd photographer and they were amazing as well! So glad I picked Jennifer since she was a pleasure to work with! Thank you Jennifer!

Sent on 08/20/2017

We loved working with Jennifer! She was professional, flexible, personable, and her work is beautiful.

There are a lot of wonderful, talented wedding photographers out there, so what was the icing in the cake that made us decide to work with Jennifer? She includes an engagement sessions in her wedding package! It was a great opportunity to work with her prior to the wedding, get to know her and her style, and see her work so we could talk about what pictures we liked best, etc. When it came time for the wedding, we knew what to expect and knew that we would love the outcome. Which we did!

Sent on 02/17/2016
  • janice

janice · Married on 01/24/2015

I looked at a lot of photographers before I found Jennifer. I knew when I met her and saw her work she was the one I wanted to photograph our wedding. Her work has such a cool vibe, it is timeless and romantic. Jennifer is a gifted photographer with an amazing eye for detail, a true artist! She was the perfect choice for our art deco inspired wedding. She was so easy to work with and really made both of us feel comfortable. Her rates are very reasonable also. I highly recommend Captured Couture to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 02/09/2015

Jennifer was great.

We received a free engagement session to get to know her a little more before the wedding.

I personally think the photos are very important to a wedding and she really impressed me with her professionalism and wonderful photographs. I was looking for a vintage ( not too vintage) look that was also a little modern, and she hit the nail on the head! I have only received 12 photos back as a sneak peek ( quick!) and I am obsessed with them. I cannot wait to see the rest.

Jennifer is quick to reply to messages, and flexible with locations. She was on-time for the pre-ceremony wedding photos and was quick to follow me to the actual ceremony site to get arrival photos. Jennifer really understood what me and my now husband wanted. We wanted vintage couple photos, a few bridal party photos and a lot of reception photos with people interacting and having a great time. I never saw her sitting at our reception! She was all over the place shooting photos of us and our guests, she also got there early to take photos of our venue and decor for memories.

Another great perk to Jennifer is she is not crazy priced and she is really affordable. She has great packages for all types of budgets, we picked a mid-level package and it really fit our needs.

Sent on 10/04/2013

We loved Jennifer! She took amazing pictures of both our engagement shoot and our wedding. The pictures themselves are SO cool! When planning our wedding, I was fascinated with the more "modern" photography businesses, but they were all so pushy and "sales-focused." When I decided to meet up with Jennifer and give the more vintage style photography a chance, I fell in love. The vintage-yet-modern style that Jennifer does in her photography is so elegant and romantic. It inspired my wedding, for sure. We went from a yellow-and-coral colored, energy-themed wedding to a softer yellow-and-warm colored, more elegant and romantic wedding, and seeing Jennifer's photography helped both my husband and I realize that the energy-filled type of wedding really wasn't our style.
    Not only that, but Jennifer is so warm and inviting. My daughter was just a year old at the time that we met up to discuss photography options, and at the time she was very shy and would not even look at someone she didn't know. But when she saw Jennifer... I'm pretty sure I remember my daughter sitting on her lap at one point in that Starbucks. Helpful throughout the wedding, Jennifer really knew how to get the right picture at the right time.
    All of our pictures look amazing! I can't stop smiling whenever I look at our wedding pictures. I plan to order a book from Jennifer soon, as due to budget restraints we could not afford it in our package. But I would recommend Jennifer in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a photographer. Even if you don't like the vintage-style photography, just meet up with her - give her a chance. I swear it will be a great decision!!!

Sent on 10/06/2013

sammy · Married on 01/04/2013

once upon a time there was a photographer who transformed a camera shy couple into a pair of old hollywood celebrities with her magic lens. if you want photos that are vintage chic, editorially enchanting and mesmerizing with a modern edge, jennifer is your girl... and the camera shy bride and groom lived happily ever after (with awesome photos).

Sent on 02/05/2013

Captured Couture, LLC's reply:

You're amazing Sammy! This review is a true reflection of your personality and it made me smile. I feel so blessed to have crossed paths with such an amazing, beautiful and funny couple.

I wish you a lifetime of happiness together <3

Kara · Married on 05/12/2012

Jennifer is an amazing photographer and you won't be sorry if you hire her! We planned a beautiful indoor wedding to be followed by pictures in the park and a casual backyard bash - only to be rained out! I was disappointed we had to move inside and worried the quality and fun/casual photo vibe we were going for would be ruined. I was so wrong! Jennifer made the pictures look beautiful no matter the setting - there were so many lovely images I can't pick my favorite. Not only was she affordable, but she was kind and understanding and creative and helped make beautiful memories out of a a very tense time. Love her!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Melissa · Married on 12/24/2011

I cannot say enough good things about Jennifer and Captured Couture. She was great with posing ideas, and capturing natural shots. The only thing better then her photography skills is her personality she was so friendly and great to be around. My guests couldn't say enough good things about their company. And Mike our DJ amazing!! He played all the songs we wanted to hear and not a one we didn't want. My husbands best man even offered him extra money to play a song we asked him not to play and he stuck to it! I will be using them again!

Sent on 05/14/2012

Captured Couture, LLC's reply:

Thanks Melissa. We would love to work with you again!

Jennifer was great. Our engagement pictures were amazing and I can't wait to see our wedding pictures. She was very easy to work with and made us feel very comfortable.

Sent on 10/24/2015
  • Nanny411867

Lynette · Married on 06/20/2015

Jennifer took our engagement pictures in downtown Ann Arbor. She did a wonderful job. She was great to work with and very laid back. It was a very easy going shoot because Jennifer knew the area so well. She gave us exactly what we were looking for without us giving her not much direction. I would have hired Jennifer to cover our wedding but she was already booked. I was just glad we had the opportunity to work with her on our engagement shoot.

Sent on 02/26/2015

1.6
      1.0
      2.0
      1.0
      2.5
      2.0

I wish I could say I was happy with her service but sadly I was not. I felt like she didn't like us so she didn't give us the effort or dedication. Her photos lacked creativity especially when it came to editing. We took a picture under the Birmingham theater marquee and asked her to place our names on it. She did so in the worst way possible. Text didn't even match and looked horrible. All of your photos were washed out and had no Wow factor.
    It is very disappointing because these photos are what I have to remember my wedding day. I am very upset that I was pretty much ripped off. And my album which was $400 was also horrible. Like she couldn't bring us down any more?

I highly highly highly do not recommend her for anyone

Sent on 02/16/2016

Stephenie · Married on 08/24/2013

0.0

Unfortunately I was hoping I would be able to say good things about this company but I cannot. After 2 months of waiting for my wedding photos. A day that I have been waiting for all my life I have a handful of photos from this company. My wedding was August 24, 2013 a few days later she posted about 4 photos. I figured it was my sneak peek. I waited until 9/24/2013 to ask were my photos were. She writes me back and says her computer is sick and will have them back to me asap and asks me to right her a review on wedding wire. Mind you I have only seen 4 photos of my entire wedding. Then 10/3/2013 I get a cryptic message that she is still working on my photos but needs to recover them??? So I responded do you have my photos or not? She calls me to tell me both her hard drive and files were corrupted???? meanwhile I still see other photos go up since this happened. She says she is giving her files and her computer to a recovery place and there is a 50% chance of recovery. A few weeks later I ask her about the photos and she says it is taking longer because she has memory cards she writes over. My question here is that if someone is paying you over a grand for their one and only day why wouldn't you use new cards on them? I message her today still thinking the glass is half full but it is not. She said the photos were not recovered. I have tried calling her a few times because I would like someone else to take a look at them but she has not answered. She emailed me back very unsympathetic and said she is going above and beyond her contract by giving me the cards so someone else can see if my photos can be recovered. Really? as a business owner shouldn't you go above and beyond when it is a special day they entrusted you with. Now I am sitting here crying my eyes out with a handful of photos. Not a good company if they can allow this to happen. Very unprofessional not to let me know right away what was really happening and losing photos this is unacceptable.

Sent on 10/26/2013