Captain Bill Reviews

81 | Navarre, FL

81 Reviews for Captain Bill

Renee · Married on 04/12/2014

Bill provided 3 services for a wedding I planned in April. He served as Officiant and DJ, and his assistant handled the recorded ceremony music. He worked with the Couple to customize their vows and made sure all of the music selections were exactly as they liked. It was a pleasure to work with Bill. He is very professional, yet casual and easy to work with. He provides a great service for a very competitive price!

Sent on 04/25/2014

R · Married on 04/04/2014

Bill went above and beyond in delivering & picking up the sound Bose sound system for our wedding. He was super easy to work with and his equipment is top notch. I highly recommend you contact him first before going anywhere else.

Sent on 04/10/2014

Tyler · Married on 03/01/2014

Capt. Bill was very well organized and very professional. The music he provided had a great flow and his announcements and schedule for the ceremony were spot on. He and his wife make a great team and they really made our ceremony fun.

Sent on 03/20/2014

Dietrick · event on: 02/21/2014

I have worked as a professional musician and also in the hi tech and music industries. I've been event coordinator for trade show events as well. In the diverse industries and current role with Kinematic Entertainment as well as a performer, I have seldom seen or heard such solid professionalism and quality of audio mixing, quality of personnel and level of expertise, and above board level of attention to our needs. We work in a microcosm where every detail is important. Bill not only had every tier of hi grade equipment package for our main event, he attended rehearsals and learned exactly how best to deliver what was needed.

More than anything, he instilled a sense of confidence in all that he had things well in hand and no unpredictable variable was too much for him and his team to address. They allowed us to execute our entire event without any cause for concern and the quality of the production was the best in the biz.

I'm looking forward to working with his team, I want that level of integrity and standard of excellence in all my future events. I cannot recommend Bill and his team enough.

Dietrick Hardwick
    Sr. Director, Technical Resources
    Kinematic Entertainment

Sent on 02/25/2014
  • O

Olga · Married on 02/15/2014

MC, Officiant and DJ Extraordinaire!

We contacted Captain Bill to MC our wedding on Santa Rosa Beach. As soon as he responded we knew that he was very knowledgeable, experienced and responsive. The captain was great in helping us to plan our timeline, choose our music and prepare for our big day! He was always just a phone call or email away, he answered all questions and even had really great suggestions on ceremony time or timeline order that we would never have thought of! Do to this attention and communication, we felt confident that everything would go well on the day of the wedding and we were right! Captain, and his lovely assistant arrived early and set up their equipment themselves, they figured out the best locations for the sound system and DJ stand on their own, around the hustle and bustle of preparations, he was a confident and calming presence throughout the commotion! He was ready before the ceremony and wore his captain’s suit, which fit our beach-side wedding just perfectly! He read a beautiful ceremony, there was not a dry eye in the house. He was able to guide the wedding guests to the reception seamlessly and kept everyone informed and entertained throughout the evening. All of his sound equipment, including the portable system and wireless microphone, worked perfectly and could be heard well by everyone. He kept a wonderful playlist of our music selections going, also taking requests and throwing in some fun surprises to keep the crowd energized! He made great introductions, announcements of activities, and kept the party cohesive and organized! Captain Bill was a perfect choice for our wedding; he is very experienced, kindhearted, caring, and a lot of fun! We will always remember his presence on our day and the special touches he added to make the event perfect for us! I would highly recommend his services for your special event.

Sent on 02/22/2014

Keldrick · event on: 02/15/2014

Bill was perfect with the entire process of booking, paying, and returning the equipment. The made sure I was well educated with using his equipment as well as the entire process of payment. Whenever I needed his assistance he was just one phone call away. He always answered the phone in a professional manner or returned my messages in a timely manner (usually within 1 hour). I would highly recommend using his services for any event. BEST VALUE FOR THE SERVICE!!!

Sent on 02/28/2014
  • W

Laurie · Married on 12/27/2013

Capt Bill made our daughter's wedding fantastic! He performed a wonderful ceremony taking into account the exact wishes of the bride and groom. He was our DJ and kept the 20 yr olds and the 60 yrs olds happy! He played all our requested songs. He was on time and kept to our reception timeline, letting us know when the next reception event was coming up, but being flexible where needed. Throughout the long distance planning (350 miles away) via emails and phone calls, Capt Bill was professional, flexible, and reassuring. He told us he had it under control, and he did! We found his rates to be quite reasonable as well. I heartily recommend Capt Bill to you! Wheeler/Clark families Oct 11, 2014 wedding at Pensacola Beach

Sent on 10/17/2014

Bart · event on: 12/07/2013

We provided Bill a stage plot with input notations in advance. I don't think I have ever had a sound check and performance go this smoothly. Bill did a wonderful job anticipating our needs, was set up to go prior to our load-in, and was "on task" during the entire show.

Sent on 12/11/2013

Heidi · Married on 11/16/2013

Captain Bill was amazing at my wedding!! He was responsive to email and by phone before the wedding and did an amazing job providing music for the ceremony and reception!! He took requests from my guests and did a WONDERFUL job choosing music for different parts of the reception. I highly recommend him!!!!

Sent on 11/29/2013

Shannan · Married on 11/09/2013

Awesome job!!! Would highly recommend Captain Bill!!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Ali · Married on 10/19/2013

Capt Bill and his wife were very professional. They communicated the whole time with me to ensure things were just how we wanted them. He came more than overly prepared. The music was great and they really were an asset to our wedding. He was our officiant and DJ, I loved that he was able to do both vs hiring a ton of different people.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Sherri · Married on 09/07/2013

Capt. Bill was a wonderful addition to my daughters ceremony. I can't say enough about his professionalism and the quality of the equipment that he provides is top notch. The lighting is fantastic and added a lot to the affair. He came prepared with all of our requests and so much more! He arrived on time and had researched our venue so that he required no assistance from us to set up allowing us the freedom to tackle all the other things that needed to be done. This was our first wedding and we were so lucky to find Capt. Bill through his website. We had no idea how important a great DJ was until we had Capt. Bill to guide us through the event and keep our reception going. His personality and energy meshed with everyone at our event. He even went so far as to help our smallest guests with their chicken dance:-)

Sent on 11/01/2013

Andrea · Married on 08/11/2013

From the first conversation to the last Bill was very pleasant and available to speak with. The cost of the sound rental was affordable and convenient to pay via paypal. Please look to use Bill I promise you wont be dissappointed. My wedding was a hit.. The drive to Destin was no big task for him.

Sent on 08/13/2013

Toni · Married on 06/29/2013

As the wedding planner and coordinator for the wedding, Capt. Bill and Lucy were very helpful in every aspect of the wedding reception. They arrived as scheduled, set up, and were ready throughout the entire reception. The announcements were timely and they were flexible with the wedding schedule. I would highly recommend Capt. Bill for your next party or reception.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Blane · event on: 06/12/2013

Can't say enough good things about Captain Bill. He was prompt and had our band set and running in plenty of time for the concert and with a great PA system that gave us the pro sound we were looking for. Everyone we spoke with in attendance were blown away by the sound quality and we owe it all to Bill. We will without a doubt be calling on his services in the future.

Sent on 06/13/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2013

Captain bill was incredible! I was very impressed! He made the reception a dream come true for us!! I highly recommend him to everyone!!:)

Sent on 06/04/2013

Betsy · Married on 05/25/2013

Capt. Bill and his wife, Lucy, went above and beyond during Mr. & Mrs. Quall's Navarre Beach wedding and Navarre Wedding House reception on May 25th, 2013. From helping with set up and tear down, and supplying beautiful ceremony music, to keeping the crowd entertained and dancing the entire night, Capt. Bill and Lucy made sure that the couple and all guests (and even vendors) were happy from start to finish. I can't thank them both enough for their professionalism and assistance as we teamed up to provide this lucky couple a perfect wedding day!!!

Sent on 05/27/2013

B · Married on 05/12/2013

Bill was amazing. Knowledge and ability exceeded expectations!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Brandon · Married on 05/12/2013

Bill was fantastic. He was one of the highlights of our amazing wedding. We hired a wedding band to play at our wedding.

They had some very specific needs that many DJs had no knowledge of. In addition our location provided technical challenges that we had to work around.

Bill, in short, handled all of our challenges, put us to ease with his 20 years of experience, and was simply fantastic. He has legit equipment and even was able to customize the sound to our specific band needs. The event was fantastic. Bill was a large part of that reason.

Sent on 05/20/2013
  • W

Went · event on: 04/27/2013

Very Reliable and He is the man

Sent on 05/20/2013

Aaron · Married on 06/18/2011

Very nice equipment. Easy to work with and great personality

Sent on 05/23/2014

Jerome · Married on 08/13/2016

My advice would be to anyone thinking of choosing this person, to go ahead and do it. This was my first experience at a beach front wedding ceremony. Captain Bill was professional, respectful, and conducted the ceremony in forgettable fashion. At the reception he was equally professional, jovial and engaging. It was an event I will not soon forget.

Sent on 11/25/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/10/2016

Capt. Bill was the perfect man for the job! He was punctual, and professional. Yet, he also knew how to have a great time! We had a blast! I would recommend his services to anyone who is in the area!

Sent on 06/28/2016
  • Maryam

Maryam K. · Married on 10/04/2019

Hire the Captain!

We really enjoyed having Captain Bill and Jeff DJ our wedding! They were so much fun at the reception and played great music. We really loved that Captain Bill really was in a Captain's outfit! They played the guitar during our ceremony on the beach and it was beautiful.

The only reason I'm giving Captain 4 stars is due to him being a little forgetful. He forgot to give us the microphones for the ceremony on the beach, which was one of the reasons we hired him in the first place. It was still a beautiful ceremony regardless, just a minor error.

If you are looking for a good time, hire the Captain!

Sent on 11/09/2019

Bag D. · event on: 06/25/2013

Love Cap't Bill and his work. We had an issue that could have been a major problem for our client, but it was handled swiftly and fairly. Most folks we work with would have handled it poorly and we would give a them a bad review and never work with them again. It's the times of crisis which bring out character, and we immediately re-hired Capt' Bill for our return date the following month. For lagniappe, The Captain is very fun to work with too.

Sent on 07/06/2013