Capital Disc Jockeys Reviews

Capital Disc Jockeys 1
Capital Disc Jockeys 2
Capital Disc Jockeys 3

khari · Married on 06/18/2011

They use an online event planning, which is great due to peoples hectic schedule, however i would have felt more comfortable getting to speak directly to someone. They did a great job and were very accomodating!

Sent on 06/22/2011

Capital Disc Jockeys's reply:

Dear Khari, Best wishes to you and Jay. Thank you for hiring our services and it even went overtime. Congratulations!

chris · Married on 09/17/2011

4.2
      2.5

excellent job - always in the loop and extremely professional and in touch - this was very important to us - always via telephone or email at all times - we had no worries that tim would not be present or any other concern

Sent on 09/29/2011

Capital Disc Jockeys's reply:

Chris and Rachel, thank you for your review! I hope someday our paths will cross again!

4.2

These guy were great and I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 10/14/2012
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 08/13/2011

0.0

Tim was a great help with planning, he has a great website where you can pick requested plays and do not plays and there were a few songs he didn't have that we put on a jump drive so that part was great. He seems super friendly and he has great reviews. However, he did something that I think is a little less than professional and left a bad taste in our mouth. He posted on Facebook about my cousin who was drunk. I understand drunk people are annoying but he was totally harmless and if anything bugged the pretty photographer more, but being the professional she is it was not posted on her Facebook page and she probably just laughed it off in the privacy of her own home and chalked it up to an unfortunate job hazard. I just thought it was tacky and hurtful and quite frankly, we were surprised that a vendor we had such respect for and that did such a good job did that.

Sent on 09/27/2011

Kim · Married on 06/18/2011

Tim arrived ahead of time and dressed professionally. All of the guests truly enjoyed the variety and excellent choices of music during the entire cocktail hour and reception.

Sent on 07/14/2011

Capital Disc Jockeys's reply:

Troy and Kim, thank you very much for your review! I wish you two nothing but the best.

Laura · Married on 06/11/2011

3.0

Tim did a great job with our wedding. He kept our guests dancing all night - even until some were too worn out to do so! He was also great with some questions I had leading up to the event. His computer planning system could use some upgrades and he was not familiar with some pretty popular songs I'd requested but he was happy to obtain them for me. I wish he would finalize the details with his couples sooner than the day before the event because that's really a stressful time. It's nice that he took an hour to go over everything but I was really too stressed out to spend an hour on the phone discussing all of the info I'd already entered into the planner.

Sent on 07/27/2011
  • X

Xio · Married on 06/02/2018

3.2
      3.0

We booked Capital Disc Jockeys for our wedding well in advance, and had Marco for our big day. I wanted to meet with him before to review our vibe and what we were looking for and he was reluctant and kinda hard to nail down. Despite having given him a clear timeline and expecting him to help coax our guests he did not. Our ceremony he had cued up music, but was slow at signals of when to start and when to move to the next piece for the brides walk down the isle. Similarly when it was time for the mother-groom dance they stood on the dance floor for some time waiting for the music to start. Even though we (the couple) wanted to give a toast before starting the general dancing, he missed that cue and just started music. Despite this, the music he played was good, and he did well considering that it was a warm day so it was a limited crowd. I also don't think that this is normal for the company, and I was overall happy with our day.

Sent on 06/21/2018