Capital Ceremonies Reviews

Capital Ceremonies 2
Capital Ceremonies 3

Melissa Reitkopp · Married on 09/28/2019

Creative and caring

As a couple doing this for the second time and who already exchanged rings, we wanted something special. Still, like all couples, we wanted a ceremony that reflected who we truly are. AC interviewed is, talked about our interests, our desires, and came up with a first draft. In the first draft she gave us several options and slowly we honed the service till it was just right. She made some truly creative suggestions like instead of sipping wine during the ceremony, that because we love craft beer, we exchange steins! We were also able to include our children and families in the experience. AC even colluded with my husband to change the entry song from a recording to him playing and singing our song! We'd recommended AC to anyone because she was genuine and helped us create a wonderful memory.

Sent on 10/01/2019

Capital Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa & Jeff. It was such a pleasure to work with you. You are such a unique couple and you both had wonderful ideas which together we could expand upon. Your friends, children and other family members were also wonderful and I can see that you have a truly supportive community.
  • User5319412 · 2+ years ago

A.C. did a great job on our wedding, and made it unique to us. I found her using wedding wire and other reviews, and after speaking with her, I knew instantly, that she was exactly what we were looking for. She did a fantastic job, and also kept us in line during the rehearsal. We would recommend A.C. to anyone, for she doesn't do a ceremony that caters to all, but instead to you and your partner's specific taste.

Sent on 08/05/2015
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 04/28/2012

We were in search of an officiant who was secular or not unaffiliated and who could write and perform a meaningful ceremony, and AC more than met our expectations. I am Jewish and my husband is Muslim, and we originally wanted my rabbi from my hometown, who is a wonderful speaker, to officiate. That did not work out and we then preferred someone who not only could perform a secular ceremony but was not affiliated with a particular religion. That actually proved to be very difficult, leaving us with only few choices. We interviewed another officiant as well, but were disappointed when they would only interview on the phone, did not seem very organized, and left most of the planning until just prior to the wedding. When we met AC, we knew immediately she was right for us. She took the time to meet in person and discuss her services and her background at length, was very organized and detail-oriented, seemed very enthusiastic about officiating for us, and presented us with great options and flexibility for the service. We could only afford her lowest priced package, which is not as personalized as the others, but true to her words and the great reviews, she still worked with us to make it very personalized and special. She presented us with options that included both her standard offerings and options she researched to fit our backgrounds and easily accommodated our requests and changes. She was very professional and organized during both the rehearsal and ceremony, and her delivery was very touching. We had so many compliments on the ceremony and on AC as an officiant, with a number of guests complimenting how meaningful the ceremony was and saying that it was one of the best weddings they had attended.

Sent on 12/04/2012

Capital Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much! I really enjoyed working with you two and meeting your families. I especially enjoyed the beautiful words your father said Nazim AND the Sword Arch. Thank you both for taking the time to write this.
  • Laurie

Laurie · Married on 07/14/2007

AC did a great job with putting together the wedding. She did what we asked for in our wedding ceremony. She traveled to the farm that we had chosen to get married on. She was able to take care of last minute changes. We had a wonderful day and the ceremony was beautiful.

Sent on 08/07/2007

Sahar · Married on 09/16/2017

AC actually wasn't our original officiant - we had scheduled another woman but she unexpectedly could not fulfill being our wedding officiant. She found AC for us to take over our contract, and picked up without any hesitation or issue. She worked so closely with us on our ceremony and made sure it was truly exactly what we wanted. And wow, it was. Nearly all of the compliments we received from our wedding were specific to the ceremony - how personal, special, and emotional it was. EXACTLY what we were hoping for. We could not have been happier for our personalized and unique ceremony for our wedding - thank you AC for making it so memorable for us and our guests!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Capital Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much Sahar. It was such a pleasure to work with you and Christophe and to meet your family & friends. And Darya was so cute - even though her energy could be a little distracting.

Leila · Married on 05/28/2016

We asked AC Warden to officiate to our wedding just about a month before, we got lucky and she was really helping out. She agreed to be our officiant and the ceremony speech was very personal, she understood our need and the way we wanted the ceremony. We definitely recommend AC Warden !

Sent on 09/20/2016

Carrie · Married on 04/24/2010

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Ms. Warden. Neither of us are particularly religious but we didn't want someone as aseptic as a Justice of the Peace to perform our ceremony. Ms. Warden and her services really fit the bill. We have gotten comments that our ceremony was the most personal and emotional ceremony folks had ever been a witness to. Ms. Warden took the time to get to know my husband and I and it really showed. We will forever be grateful to Ms. Warden for making our wedding ceremony the best it could possibly be. She is affordable, professional and flexible. We recommend her highly!

Sent on 05/14/2010

I really didn't want a typical, boring wedding ceremony. A.C. did a great job writing our ceremony. She gave us a lot of options for different readings etc. and included details specific to my fiance and I. We were also able to review as many drafts of the ceremony as we wanted. Everything went smoothly the day of and many of our guests commented that they really enjoyed the ceremony.

My only complaint is that she kept misspelling my fiance's name in the written ceremony draft--and his name isn't uncommon or anything. I would have appreciated a little more attention to detail there, but that's really the only negative thing I can say.

Sent on 10/24/2014

Capital Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you so much S. It was a pleasure to work with the two of you. I'm very sorry about that and many other misspellings in the first drafts. Thank you so much for your feedback. I will run spellcheck in early versions from now on. I trust your keepsake copy and Certificate had correct spellings

1.4
      3.0
      1.0

AC Warden RUINED my ceremony. When she announced us as husband and wife, she said the WRONG NAMES. Since we had been working with her for many months (in person, over the phone, via email) there was no excuse for this. There is never any excuse for this. My groom and I felt shocked, humiliated, and angry. The magic of the moment was spoiled, and it can never be repaired.

I rated AC with mostly 1’s because of the severity of the mistake. I gave her a 3 on responsiveness because she was quick to refund the entire payment we had previously made.

Sent on 06/23/2013

Capital Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you Annie. Again I sincerely apologize and if there's anything I can ever do to make this up I would be honored. I know returning your payments cannot make up for my mistake of using your maiden name instead of your newly married name.