Capital Celtic Reviews

12 | Herndon, VA

12 Reviews for Capital Celtic

Erin · Married on 12/17/2017

From the first time we reached out to Steven and Capital Celtic through to our wedding day, they continuously exceeded our expectations. Steven was by far my most responsive vendor, answering questions quickly, bringing ideas and questions to our attentions that I had not thought of, and very flexible around our schedule and vision for the event. We had Capital Celtic perform live music during our ceremony and cocktail hour, and then Steven DJ-ed for the reception. All our guests absolutely loved the live music. I received multiple compliments on their performance. Steven continued the positive vibes through dinner and into dancing as our emcee. We had outlined a general timeline of events the week prior. He definitely helped everything move along as smoothly as possible which included navigating some hiccups caused by our venue. He was always checking in on us and our family to make sure we were happy with everything he was playing. Even though our wedding was a midday brunch, he still got people out on the dance floor. Overall a beautiful job by Steven and the rest of Capital Celtic. It was a pleasure to work with them and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking to add some Irish flare to your event. Thank you Steven!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Capital Celtic's reply:

Erin - thanks for having us provide live music and DJ services for your wedding! Of the 16 weddings we did this year, yours was by far the most beautiful! I wish you and Sean a lifetime of happiness together. God bless!

Steven O'Toole
    Capital Celtic
    www.CapitalCeltic.band

Julia · Married on 06/23/2017

We loved having Capital Celtic at our wedding! They learned a special song to play acoustic for our ceremony, and then they played fun, instrumental pub songs during our cocktail hour. They were so easy to work with and professional, and our guests really loved the Irish music! We would highly recommend Capital Celtic to anyone looking to add some Irish music to their special day.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Christopher · Married on 06/10/2017

Steve was completely professional and worked with me to structure his services perfectly for our wedding. The band learned a new song for us. They set up in three separate places as the wedding moved from sanctuary, to outdoors, to reception hall. He even let my friend, a guest of the wedding party, jam on his fiddle with them. Then he converted from live band over to DJ for the last couple hours. Everything was smooth and I never had to worry -- which was awesome.

Sent on 06/15/2017

Capital Celtic's reply:

Thanks Chris - so glad we were able to meet or exceed your expectations. We wish you and your bride a lifetime of happiness together!

Cheers,

Steven O'Toole
    Capital Celtic
    www.CapitalCeltic.band
    571-274-8718
    Steven@CapitalCeltic.band

Thomas · Married on 04/22/2017

Capital Celtic, and in particular their leader Steven O'Toole, were an absolute joy to work with. They accommodated our requests in every way, from arranging for a caller to lead our guests in traditional Ceilidh dances, to working with us on the budget, to being flexible with our changing schedule on the big day. Not only that, but their music was beautiful and left all of our guests smiling and with a lifelong memory. I wouldn't hesitate to work with them again.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Liz · Married on 03/18/2017

We got married on St. Patrick's Day weekend, and there was no one better for our wedding music than Capital Celtic! They played the music during our church wedding ceremony, played live music during our cocktail hour, and then Steven was our DJ for the rest of the night. At every step along our day, they were perfect.
    Steven is very attentive and really wants to make your wedding day music exactly what you want. He worked with us to pick the most appropriate music for our ceremony in church, that still really captured our St. Patrick's Day vision. Even the priest remarked on how beautiful the music was during his homily!
    We know our guests loved the classic Irish songs they played during the cocktail hour and had so much fun. We had to extend the live music a bit longer than we originally thought to fit photographs in, and they were so accommodating!
    Throughout the night, Steven worked with us to make sure the right songs were getting played at the right moments, and that our timeline was being followed along with the music. But he still made it easy and fun and all a part of the celebration. He brought lighting as well that looked great in our reception space.
    I really cannot recommend Capital Celtic enough. Our wedding had a very strong Irish theme, but they are such talented and professional musicians, that I feel they would be great whatever your event is! They definitely go above and beyond to make sure your day is perfect for you, but most importantly, they make it fun!

Sent on 03/22/2017

Capital Celtic's reply:

Thanks Liz! It was really great working with you over the past few months leading up to your wedding day! So glad we could help make it the best day of your lives! I wish the two of you a lifetime of happiness together!

sofia · Married on 01/07/2017

They did a fantastic job, highly recommend!

Sent on 03/14/2017

Becky · Married on 12/29/2016

The Capital Celtics were in a word, phenomenal! My husband is from Ireland, and his mother was the only guest from his side who could make the trip. Having the Capital Celtics provide their beautiful, AUTHENTIC, Irish tunes was the greatest gift! They were extremely professional, and kind whilst arranging the songs to be played for the ceremony and cocktail hour. The BEST part...they offered to learn a Fleetwood Mac song for us to dance to as our first dance! We had a wedding better than we could have ever dreamed of thanks to the Capital Celtics. You will not be disappointed by having them provide the music for your big day. They will work hard to make sure you get everything you want out of musical entertainment. Steven, the band leader, is wonderfully kind, as are his partners! They were very expedient and accommodating to our budget, and we were so happy to have them join us for the reception after their performance! I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 01/12/2017

Capital Celtic's reply:

Thanks Becky! We were so thrilled to have helped make your day so incredibly special! Seeing your new mother in law dance and sling along with us was such a treat! On behalf of Capital Celtic, we wish you and Sean a lifetime of happiness and fond memories of your wedding day. Cheers! -- Steve

Tara · Married on 11/05/2016

Capital Celtic performed at the cocktail hour of our reception, and they were one of the aspects of our wedding that we got the most compliments on! My husband and I both have strong, Irish heritages, so it was such a unique way to make our wedding that much more personal! Capital Celtic was authentic, upbeat and so talented! I'd completely recommend them for a truly elevated wedding experience. They're so much fun!

Sent on 12/05/2016

Capital Celtic's reply:

Thanks Tara! It was a beautiful wedding and we're very pleased to have brought some of your Irish heritage to all of your family and friends on your wedding day! We wish you a lifetime of happiness together and fond memories of your wedding all your life.

Kathleen · Married on 10/01/2016

One week has past since our wedding and our guests are still talking about how amazing the music was during our ceremony. I cannot say enough about Capital Celtic, they put together an amazing music list and by the time my Groom kissed the Bride folks were on their feet clapping and foot stomping, which is EXACTLY what we wanted! They were responsive, flexible, and even came to our Chapel Rehearsal. They were also very flexible and agreeable with price negotiations. I can't recommend them enough and wish them the best of luck!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Kathleen · event on: 03/05/2016

This band has played on many occasions at the Great Falls Farmers Market under all kinds of weather and other conditions. This is a wonderful band to work with. They are responsive. They keep their word. The musicians are great with a wide array of songs. They endure under difficult conditions. They keep the spirit moving! It is a delight to enjoy their performances. You are welcome to come by and hear them perform, when scheduled.

Sent on 03/04/2016

Bill · Married on 04/22/2017

3.5

These guys are great so make sure you allow them a good long period of time to entertain you and your guests.
    They really cut the mustard and set the party off to to a lively start. We booked them for our daughter's wedding reception and they immediately got everyone involved with the dancing. The calling was loud and clear and guided us all though each dance , even the novices.
    A very nice group of talented musicians who arrived in good time, set up with no bother and performed brilliantly!
    Thank you so much - I wish we had had longer to enjoy them!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Morgan · Married on 05/05/2018

Steven of Capital Celtic was a huge help throughout planning our wedding, and was so responsive to all of my questions and needs. Capital Celtic was actually the first vendor we booked, after I had a great conversation with Steven about Irish music and what Capital Celtic could do for our event. My husband is Irish, so it was important to us to have a little bit of that represented in the music, and Capital Celtic delivered. They were willing to learn a few pieces specifically for our ceremony, the guests loved the cocktail hour Irish music, and we also hired Steven to provide DJ services for us during the reception. We had rain for the outdoor ceremony, but Capital Celtic played on! Throughout the night, Steven made sure we kept things moving. Though some things ran a little behind schedule and there were some changes to the sets day of, overall Steven was very communicative, reviewed our selections with us carefully, and was willing to be flexible with requests throughout the reception. He checked in with us throughout the night, making sure things were still going according to plan since our DOC was often absent. He also encouraged us to have a microphone for the officiant during the ceremony, acted as our reception emcee, and was mad busy the whole night--we appreciate all of his work. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't pick any other group! If you're in the D.C., NOVA, MD area, I highly recommend Capital Celtic to help bring the party to life. Thank you so much for all of your help and enthusiasm throughout the planning and duration of our event, we'll never forget such a great party, and Capital Celtic helped make it possible!

Sent on 05/11/2018